Pregnancy Discussion Forum

Recent Forum Activity
Forum Categories
Start a New Topic Hide Signatures

possibly twins

Category: Special - Pregnant With Twins or More
Posted by dreamy2186_ » Sep. 20, 2011 8:49pm

So I went to the Dr today and I'm supposed to be 12 weeks by lmp but when they measured me, I am measuring 15 weeks instead 12. I go back to the Dr next Tuesday for a sonogram to see if we have a big baby or if we have twins! Has anyone else been through this if so what should I think???

dreamy2186_

Replies (2)

Reply by MrsBrower » Sep. 20, 2011 11:48pm

at 12 weeks I was measuring about 19 weeks with twins. It's possible, of course! I also have big babies thus far (measuring 4 or 5 days head of when I KNOW we conceived).

How were your numbers? my hcg doubled every 27 hours or so in the beginning, and at 12 weeks was well over 200,000.

We also found out super early because I was having spotting so we had a scan at just after 5 weeks that showed two little sacs. So far, so good, and I'm 15 weeks now and look almost 6 months (check out my photo from 12 weeks, I look enormous!).

Good luck no matter what happens!! :)

MrsBrower

Reply by MarlenS » May. 11, 2018 12:52pm

Hi dear! I share your worrying and that sweet expectation. Couldn’t you make transvaginal ultrasound? It must show how much and where they have settled down.
I found out I got twins in the 12th week. As well you can see from HCG test. The result might be a key. Having twins you have to get high increasing number of points
Is this a pleasant concern from U? or maybe you’d prefer having only one kid? I’m absolutely amazed with having twins.
In my turn I sadly couldn’t carry them by myself. It doesn’t mean I wasn’t nervous. I felt a real bunch of emotions.
My twins made my life different. I keep those memories as a treasure. Don’t be afraid of having wonderful twins.

MarlenS