Pregnancy Discussion Forum

Recent Forum Activity
Forum Categories
Start a New Topic Hide Signatures

October 2013 Babies!!! - Page 19

Replies (401)

Reply by StephyRenee » Aug. 27, 2013 1:45am

Oh Kossgirl that's so sad. It's never good to have to put down a pet, but especially when your hormones are in overdrive. :(

So, I had my first trip to L&D today. I woke up feeling terrible. My body ached and I had a bad migraine. As the day progressed I started feeling nauseous and dizzy. Finally, I broke down and called my mom because my boyfriend was at work. Then I called the doctor's office and because of my epilepsy I was sent to the hospital. After all the tests and such they determined that baby was fine and I could go home, but I'm back to being monitored every week :/ I'm happy my little man is fine, but I'm wore out. I hope to avoid that place for another 8 weeks!

How's everyone else feeling?

StephyRenee

Reply by Lozie84 » Sep. 2, 2013 8:56am

Oh stephy, it is scary going in there, but very relieved to hear bub is ok. I was dizzy n weak with headaches last weak and found out im anaemic. I am started to feel a heap better and much more myself. i really hope you have the same climb back to health. And keep those legs crossed! We're so close to nearly there but cook a little longer young man haha. Maybe its all telling you to stop, slow down and take care of yourself hun. A friend told me that and i think maybe there was truth to it. i know i got some sleep and rest and i feel better for it. Keep us informed how youre going. x

Lozie84

Reply by missnic » Sep. 2, 2013 9:34am

Been ages since I've been on here as well. Where has the time gone!?

Apparently, according to the last scan we had, our little guy is a big boy. He was around 5lbs 2 weeks ago! I'm hoping he starts to slow down a bit - although the OH is desperate for a 10 pounder hehe. I keep telling him that he doesn't have to push him out :-p

I'm finishing work this week - finally! Backache has started and I seem to be soo tired. Can't get comfy at night and constantly having trips to the bathroom.

Hope everyone else is starting to take it easy. Not long now!
xx

missnic

Reply by memi0828 » Sep. 3, 2013 4:51am

Everytime I try to post, either the site or the computer messes up, then I'm like forget it lol. My body aches all the time. I'm ready to see my little guy even though I know he should bake a little longer. On Aug 23 he was 4 lbs and 11 oz, so don't feel bad Missnic. Everytime I stand up, I have to pee. I just went back to work the middle of Aug so I will be working until the day of my c-section. I will probably start packingn my hospital bag soon. Do you need pantyliners/pads in your hospital bag if you're having a c-section?

User Image

memi0828

Reply by Lozie84 » Sep. 3, 2013 11:08am

you will still need all the usual maternity pads as you will still bleed post delivery :)

i find out my girls weight on monday. had to wait a bit longer so they had a recent weight to judge delivery on. but it sounds like everyone has healthy bubs growing! thats very exciting.

yeh things are defs falling apart body wise, sadly. i was determined not to let this happen, but i have learned quickly its WAY out of my hands lol

Lozie84

Reply by kossgirl86 » Sep. 4, 2013 12:08am

I'm glad to see people back on this site! Has anyone been having crazy pains? Last night the left side of my stomach hurt and it twisted all the way around to my lower back. I finally gave up and took a Tylenol and drank some water, and it stopped, but today I feel sore. This has happened at least one other time lately. I don't know if it was because I was on my feet a lot yesterday or what but it started to freak me out. I will def bring this up to the doctor on Thursday. Any advice is welcome!!!

kossgirl86

Reply by memi0828 » Sep. 5, 2013 3:27am

Kossgirl, could. It be growing or stretching pain?

Does anyone have any funny embarrassing pregnacy stories that they don't mind sharing?

Mine could happen to anyone pregnant or not but I had walked out of the bathroom at work and my skirt was bunched up in the back ( it was a long skirt). I don't think my butt was showing and no one was around but I keep thinking about being watched on the security cameras.

User Image

memi0828

Reply by kossgirl86 » Sep. 5, 2013 6:32pm

The doctor said it could be growing pains, BH, or the baby moving into place. But everything was all good today. I get a ultrasound at my next appointment in 2weeks. I pray that my placenta has moved up. I really don't want a C-section. As far as embarrassing stories goes.... My daughter and I rode the train over to the airport when my Hubby got back from his business trip. He called me when I was still on the train to tell me the landed. I told him I really had to pee to please look for a bathroom for me. Well we finally get there and my Hubby was still getting his bags so I found a bathroom and finally got to pee. I peed a lot. Thought I was all done flushed and washed my hands and walked out and there he was waiting for us. We went to buy train tickets to ride back and I kept feeling like pee was trickling out. I told him I had to go back to the bathroom, and my underwear was wet cuz apparently I wasn't done peeing. I wanted to die. I even had a pantyliner on and my underwear still got wet. What a way to greet ur hubby after him being gone for 2 weeks. Honey we need to hurry up and get home cuz I peed myself. Needless to say I carry a extra pair of panties around now.

kossgirl86

Reply by Lozie84 » Sep. 6, 2013 2:16am

LMFAO thats so darn funny! thank you for sharing that moment, not just coz it made me laugh but coz you're not alone. I havent pee'd myself but i did pass gas just walking through a shop. didnt feel it, didnt need to... then out it came. i nearly died, thank goodness noone was around. i continued to laughas i walked around the store :p makes for funny pregnancy memories.

Im sure hubby wouldnt mind :p

Lozie84

Reply by Lozie84 » Sep. 9, 2013 7:35am

koss, my BH sound similar to that and today i got confirmtion that bub is sitting posterior which causes the back pain during contractions. good luck with your scan i really hope your placenta has moved up and you can avoid the csection. hope all other news then is good too.

i had mine today. bub is posterior, placenta is in front of her, and she was cuddling it lol. she is already huge. i knew she was big in there. 7 pound 4 ounces at 35 weeks 5 days! my belly still hasnt grown any more. i can feel her knees in my front as she moves about and i thought it was knees but didnt know since i havent had a scan in 15 weeks! so glad to confirm that as well today. it was so amazing to see her today. i cried. i havent cried since the 6 week scan when i thought i had lost the baby and hadnt!!! lol love my chubba bubba

Lozie84

Reply by memi0828 » Sep. 10, 2013 8:59pm

Whoa 7 lbs already! Are they going to induce you or let you go the whole 40 wks?

I am ready for my son to come out. Everything has kicked in at once. The acid reflux, the swelling, the pressure. Sometimes my feet swell so bad that it hurts to walk. I hope Sept goes by fast.

memi0828

Reply by Lozie84 » Sep. 11, 2013 10:36am

not inducing me at this stage memi. going to see what she does naturally. hopefully she comes before full term or i may never be myself down there again hahaha.
yeh i have the same. acid reflux, keep like throwing up acid in the night. horrid. im good with swelling while im moving but if sitting still like at work or in the birthing class i swell up bad. you poor thing. sounds like youre well n truly ready to birth, hope it happens soon for you!

Lozie84

Reply by kossgirl86 » Sep. 11, 2013 7:32pm

My acid reflux was out of control. I talked to my doctor about it and she has me taking Pepcid in the morning and at night, and it has literally gone away!

kossgirl86

Reply by memi0828 » Sep. 12, 2013 12:51am

I have been feeling like crap lately. Nauseous, dizzy spells, the acid reflux, swelling, achy crampy feeling in stomach. I am definately ready for this baby to come out, but my wallet isn't ( my insurance doesn't kick in until Oct 1).

I started taking Tums after every meal and that helps the acid reflux. I go to dr tomorrow, hopefully we can lock down a date for c section.

I have been feeling really zoned out lately. Like I don't know anything, especially at work. I get tired of people asking me questions, cause I'm just like ummmmm...lol.

memi0828

Reply by memi0828 » Sep. 13, 2013 3:36am

Well went to dr today. I'm measuring 38 wks. Dr says I'm measuring ahead because the baby is not dropping (probably from scar tissue on previous c section and my pelvic bone or something is narrow) I had this know it all at work told me I'm measuring bigger because I'm short. Ummmm....whatever. My job is Bsing me about how many days I have for my leave and my coworkers decided to have me do all the work. So I have been on bitch mode all day. Hopefully tomorrow is better

User Image

memi0828

Reply by Lozie84 » Sep. 13, 2013 1:01pm

aww memi youre doing it tough babe. good on you for sticking with it all. i happily danced out of my last shift the other night. they put me in high dependency so it was really challenging but at the end it just felt amazing!

i think i lost my mucous plug or had the show or bloody show whatever you know it as. so i was told about 50 times, first by the dr to PACK MY BLOODY HOSP BAG haha. and yet tonight i am in bed about to sleep without it packed. toiletries are done, along with meds and things like nipple creams. i figure if i go in to labour the washing has ALL been done and the 2 baskets full of unfolded washing is beside the suitcase so i'll just randomly throw crap in lol. otherwise i cleaned my shower and vacuumed the lounge room haha. one has to prioritise ;) so i was told in birthing class last week it can be up to 7 days after the plug that you go in to labour or some women lose it and labour is quick after so we shall see... a few more days would be good haha
one more class tomorrow and thats my course complete. today i found out my insurance covers the whole thing!! i booked the classes not happy about the $300 but willing to do it, thinking i didnt get any coverage, then they said last week i might get something. so today i went in and all of it, im over the moon haha. finally got something for all the money i pay to the insurer!

hope y'all feel better, we're on the final road!!!

Lozie84

Reply by brittthomp4 » Sep. 13, 2013 1:41pm

Wow it sounds like we are all getting ready!! We are so close! I feel for everyone and their last month symptoms. For me, I am 37 weeks full term finally. 2cm and 70% effaced. I don't think I have lost my mucous plug quite yet but maybe soon. Is anyone else in a daze? I know I am pregnant and huge and uncomfortable but it doesn't seem real yet lol.

User Image

brittthomp4

Reply by kossgirl86 » Sep. 13, 2013 8:44pm

You girls are lucky! I will be 34 weeks tomorrow. It sucks being at the end of the month.

kossgirl86

Reply by StephyRenee » Sep. 15, 2013 12:19am

I'm with you all on the acid reflux. I've been sore lately too, but everything kinda comes and goes so I'll have good days and bad days.

I'm with you Kossgirl! It sucks being the middle/end of the month lol. I'm ready to be full term and meet my little boy.

So, I had my baby shower today and I swear this baby has more clothes than I do now! Lol. Now I have the monumental task of organizing everything so it fits in our one bedroom apartment. Hopefully I get it done before LO comes lol. I've been so tired lately I'm lucky to get anything done, let alone tasks that require moving.

StephyRenee

Reply by memi0828 » Sep. 19, 2013 8:45pm

I'm with you Stephy on the baby clothes. My mother had to dig a dresser out of storage just so there will be a place to put all of my LO clothes. And the washing sucks! The clothes and towels etc are cute but you get tired of folding that stuff.

I don't know if I said it on this board but my c section is Oct 10 and it feels so close but so far away. I feel sick all the time. I'm just big and tired. There are days when my stomach bothers me and I don't know what end its going to come out of. Not to mention I have to pee everytime I stand up.

memi0828