Pregnancy Discussion Forum

Recent Forum Activity
Forum Categories
Start a New Topic Hide Signatures

Fine As Vintage Wine Moms (Over 35) - Pt. 5

Category: General - Pregnancy Buddies/Groups
Posted by MountainMama » Feb. 7, 2013 5:57am

Time to refresh the group for all of us fine and fabulous mommas!

New to our group? Jump in!
MM

MountainMama

Replies (158)

Reply by MountainMama » Feb. 7, 2013 6:01am

Historical Link back to Part 4:
http://www.countdownmypregnancy.com/forum/post.php?postid=3992

MM

MountainMama

Reply by cjpalaska » Feb. 7, 2013 2:04pm

Hi ladies....

My name is Carolyn. I am 37 and pregnant with #2! I had my first this past summer and she is now 8 months old. It took us 2 years and infertility treatments to get her but it happened naturally and easy this time around to our surprise! I am almost 8 weeks now. I am hoping to have less complications this time around too. The first one I had gestational diabetes, kidney stones, high blood pressure, preterm labor, anemia, and ended up being induced at 37 weeks. Hoping #2 is smoother and fewer problems. Super excited to being having another baby!

cjpalaska

Reply by MountainMama » Feb. 7, 2013 10:22pm

I remember you, cjp!

Wow and welcome back!

What sort of prenatal care are you using?

MM

MM - 47 yo and pleased as punch about it
Mom to DDs (20, 17) and DS (4) , wife to the most amazing man on the planet and maybe baking our second kiddo together.

Previous pregnancy:
EDD 4-25-2012
8-16-2012
Healthy via CVS (10/2012)

User Image

MountainMama

Reply by BGGirl » Feb. 8, 2013 2:26pm

I am here! And this thread is doing better as far as being able to see the whole post!

Welcome cjp!

I had a little bit of a scare last night.. I have been having some brownish mucus since last week or so but everything I had read was that was old blood and nothing to be too worried about. Well, Wednesday morning it was more of a pinkish color that morning but then went away and I didn't see it the rest of the day so I didn't do anything. Then yesterday morning it was pinkish again and had several chunks that had come out into the toliet water which made the water a pinkish color too and that scared me. So I spend all morning waiting for her to jump around like she normally does but she was really quiet. I called the doctor's office at lunchtime but they weren't in at that time so when I got out of my afternoon meeting, I called again just to let them know about the CM figuring they would tell me everything was fine and not to worry. Well, instead they asked if I had intercourse in the last few days and when I said I hadn't, they sent me over to L&D to get checked out. :( So I got to put on a hospital gown (I hate those things) get hooked up to the monitors, get an ultrasound and do a stress test. They also checked to make sure my cervix was closed (it was). So she was fine but they didn't have any real idea what was causing the bloody CM but I got some great ultrasound pics out of it and now I am already registered for when the big day comes! When I left I told them that I hoped I wouldn't see them again for at least 14-15 weeks! :) I felt a lot better after seeing her jumping around on the ultrasound though.The US did show I was having a contraction but they didn't see anything on the monitor so they felt like it was just Braxton Hicks.
I will get a couple of the US pics posted today.

How is everyone else doing? How are our new mommas???

BGGirl

Reply by cjpalaska » Feb. 8, 2013 4:04pm

Hi everyone! I have been super sick this week with strep throat! I have been having morning sickness as well...ugh... not a good combo :( Yesterday I had a complete meltdown and called my dh at work and asked him to come home. thankfully he can sometimes and work from home so he did- I have a wonderful dh! I just couldn't take care of my daughter who is crawling everywhere! We don't have any friends or relatives here to ask for help so it is hard sometimes! But I got through it and I am feeling better today. I have my first apt. this week on Tues. for bloodwork then I don't see my dr. until the following week- at 9 weeks. He was really careful and on top of things last time with my age and complications so I am sure they will be pro-active this time too! For now gestational diabetes is on the radar since I had it last time. I am already testing just in case. But so far so good! I am jsut super anxious to see the baby's heartbeat for the first time and get bloodwork to make sure everything is ok!

cjpalaska

Reply by cjpalaska » Feb. 8, 2013 4:07pm

BGgirl: I ended up having so many "checks" for different reasons towards the end that the nursing staff knew my name by the time we actually delivered..... we were there almost every week sometimes! But made me more comfortable by the time delviery day came :) I am glad everything is fine for you for now!

cjpalaska

Reply by Torontochick » Feb. 12, 2013 2:51pm

BGirl... Oh, sorry to hear about the CM scare! I would have been terrified, too. Glad to hear that you got a good u/s out of it, though :)

cp... Guess this must be the worst combination of m/s and the flu :( and having to take care of a little one. Fingers crossed for your appt and a strong HB!!

AFM... Had my regular check-up today, but she didn't do an u/s (weird German health insurance system, you don't get an u/s everytime, because only a certain number is covered). Anyway, it's fine as I recently had the big scan and my girl is moving and wiggling so much that I see this as reassurance that she is fine.

Right now my biggest worry is the risk for potential preterm labour, but as of now, everything looks normal. So hopefully it will stay this way.

Thinking of the new mommies... MountainMama... You are next :)

Me: 43
DBF: 49
DS: 5
TTC for over a year
pregnant after IVF #3 (8w2d) D&C
IVF #4
User Image

Torontochick

Reply by hopefulat40 » Feb. 12, 2013 5:20pm

Hi Ladies!! :)

Just checking in on the Vintage Mama's...everyone is looking good, stay positive and smile!! It's wonderful to be on this side..

Baby Jack is doing wonderful, 11 days old! - I am giggling all of the time at the little faces he makes! Oh how phemomenal to be a mom again!! He eats every 3 hours about 3.5-4 ounces, sleeps often and really never gets put down...lol! My kids adore him!

He's pretty smooth in the night too - up about 2 and 5 - but right back down. Seems easier this time ladies...:) Maybe it's because I am vintage and a little "wiser" ...

Healing has been great - no issues and feel almost like myself again, minus some sleep. Bleeding is almost complete too! I am back down to prepregnancy weight - but it's distributed a little funkier! ;) Will have to work on that in time...

But you wanna hear something funny? I am thinking, hmm, maybe we should do this again?

xoxo

I will keep watching and waiting!

T xo

hopefulat40

Reply by BGGirl » Feb. 13, 2013 2:14pm

Hopeful- I am so glad that everything is going well! Congrats on already being back at pre-baby weight! WOW! I am jealous because I am SURE that will not happen for me. I have been careful not to overeat but I will still probably be at the 25 pound mark by the end of all this.. I can't imagine that I would lose all that quickly. I didn't with my first one and I am a lot older now. However I do plan on being a lot more proactive about it than I was 10 years ago with DD. Going to start right away with exercising as much as possible and go back on my low carb diet after the baby is born. I am bummed because I can't do my Zumba anymore right now. I feel pretty sure that is what caused the bloody mucus last week. I have been hitting the treadmill at the gym and getting at least 30 mins in... however at about 18-20 mins or so, my stomach starts to feel like it has a bunch of rocks in it and someone keeps chucking more rocks in with every minute that passes! LOL

How is everyone else doing?

BGGirl

Reply by MountainMama » Feb. 14, 2013 8:39am

I'm next?! I think cmartin is next, yes? (I hope) it seems too soon for me to be next. I'm only 30 weeks now. :)

Hired a doula today so now my birth team is all together, pool is rented and nesting has begun. I bought a cr seat and extra base two days ago. Told thenkids they were going to help me pull carpet in the downstairs bedrooms and hallway. Wish us all luck!

Hopeful, I am so thrilled to hear how happy and straightforward this transition has been for you. How is your dh handling things? Mine is so nervous! The doula is mainly for him!

BGGirl, I struggle to get back into the gym since the holidays and I need it badly. Sorry to hear your schedule of exercise is so affected and I hope you can resume what you are used to soon. Perhaps a maternity belt will support you better on the treadmill?

Get well soon, cjp and Toronto, great news on your recent u/s.

MM

Mom to DDs (20, 17) and DS (4) , wife to the most amazing man on the planet and maybe baking our second kiddo together.

Previous pregnancy:
EDD 4-25-2012
8-16-2012

User Image

MountainMama

Reply by cjpalaska » Feb. 15, 2013 2:40pm

Hi ladies! Just hanging out this week and resting. I am just feeling under the weather- mostly just pregnancy issues now though. I am over the strep throat thankfully! Just super tired, headaches, morning sickness ect. I have my first apt. in 10 days finally with my ob dr. He doesn't see you until 10 weeks! So I am just waiting to confirm everything is ok ect.

DH just found out though that he may be transfered in the army this year - but it is the week I am due! Could be interesting to pack, look for a house, and move either the week I am due or shortly after we have our baby! Especially with a one year old too! We will have to see what happens!

cjpalaska

Reply by BGGirl » Feb. 20, 2013 2:38pm

Good morning girls!! Hope everyone is doing okay.. has been so quiet around here for the last several weeks.

cjp- are you feeling better??? I hate to hear that you may have to move right before or right after the baby comes. That would be scary!

MM- I think you are the next one! These last 9 or 10 weeks will probably fly by for you. I hit my "under 100 days mark" yesterday and am hoping the next few weeks go a little slower since we don't have anything ready for the nursery yet. Supposed to buy a crib this weekend.

AFM- I am very stressed at the moment. Things are blowing up at my DH's office and it looks as if he will have to be changing firms or going out on his own in the next couple of weeks. This could not be WORSE timing. I am so worried that his former partner will destroy his reputation that he has worked so hard to build just because he is mad at DH. (Partner has a drinking problem and DH called him on it.) I am scared that once he gets out on his own, the phones will stop ringing and he will not have much income coming in (he is an attorney) and here we have a new baby coming. My mother is all worried that the stress will hurt the baby and wants me to call my doctor about it. I think that seems silly. I am not spotting, cramping or any other physical issues so there really is nothing to call the doctor to report. I also worried that he will take too long to make his move to get out and it will end up being less than a month before the due date and then he won't be able to take off anytime to help with Savannah. :(
So I am trying not to stress but it isn't working. I need a babymoon! LOL

BGGirl

Reply by MountainMama » Feb. 20, 2013 7:17pm

CJP, hang in there until your appointment. I spent so much of the first trimester ill and/or resting. Give yourself permission to recuperate and build a baby restfully.

BGGirl, I am so sorry for your stress. Your dh should have a number of options, and I bet the community of attorneys understand about his current partner already. I am not an attorney but I love law and crashed an event for lawyers regarding a variety of topics, one of which was addressing the substance abuse problems in that community. I can try and find the nameif you like, but there are national organizations specifically for counseling (pun intended) lawyers who have drinking problems and other substance abuse issues. This might help your dh feel more informed and will be something his partner can reach out to if he ever leaves denial behind.

Back to your dh's options, he could join another firm, hang out his own shingle (by dissolving the current partnership) or go corporate counsel. I'm sure he's thinking about all of these things. Without knowing his area of law, I won't get too specific but in your shoes, I would expect him to share his thinking withnyou so you can be a help to him rather than stressing. He does need to move sooner rather than later from your account of things.

Good luck! Feel free to message me if you want to talk more about this.

AFM, had a small scare of feeling labor-y and off last night. It passed but made me realize I need to get some things ready!

Everything is going great, midwife has me on two week appointments until end of March with phone appointments in between. BP and urine are great and I have hired a Doula!

Oh yes, and our couples therapy is going well. Who knew two people who are trying could actually have been miscommunicating so badly and for so long?! :-)

Love and light to all,
MM

Previous pregnancy:
EDD 4-25-2012
8-16-2012

User Image

MountainMama

Reply by Krazesam » Feb. 20, 2013 8:49pm

Hi Ladies,

Great to see I'm not alone!!
Not so sure about being called vintage.. :)

I turned 42 in Jan, and we just found out we are due in Oct, first pregnancy... although we've been together for 10yrs, we just weren't ready until we decided to TTC a year ago.. and was about to go hunt down my GP and badger them into more fertility related tests... as we passed the sperm test and my bloods were normal...

Really nervous, but excited too...

Got my appt with GP next Mon to make it all official and start everything off... but will be in high risk category, as I already have kidney disease... never mind other risks from being my age...

You ladies give me hope!!! thank you!!

http://www.countdownmypregnancy.com/res/img/forum/emoticons/hh9months.gif

User Image

Krazesam

Reply by hopefulat40 » Feb. 21, 2013 2:15pm

Hi Beautiful Pregnant ladies!! :)

I am popping in to say hi and let everyone know I am thinking of them! Jack and I are doing very well...He is 20 days old today! Oh and how I love him!

BGirl - There is nothing more important than having positive energy around you..I know you know this too. Try to focus on all the good elements and know it will work out with you DH. When doors close, even better ones open! :) Here's to a new path and career that will end up better for you all!

MMama - Oh, you hold on lady! No early stuff for you...You are coming up though! 31 weeks...Wooot! I giggled at your comment about communication - It's so true isn't it? I love love love my DH but we don't always hear or speak to each other in ways that we can - takes time and energy to really do that well. I am glad things are going better for you there!

All else is going just fine! Welcome to Krazesam! Vintage isn't too bad...lol! I am 41 with a 3 week old and two older children - 20 and 18. This time around is wonderful too! What a blessing to have another little soul to love!

I will be watching and waiting....xxoo

Tara xo

hopefulat40

Reply by BGGirl » Feb. 21, 2013 8:50pm

Welcome Krazesam!! You are not alone.. I don't know about the other girls.. but I quickly got tired of all my doctors referring to me as "advanced maternal age"! I certainly don't feel "advanced" or old (I am 38) and I wish they would stop acting like I was 80 :) LOL

Thanks for the helpful words MM and Hopeful!! He is trying to weigh his options.. he has had some offers from other firms to come aboard but he really wants to start his own firm with the other attorney (not the crazy partner) that is in with him now. I have been trying to help him look for available space and start up needs for a new office but they keep getting the departure drug out because of the attorney with the issues keeps putting them off when they try and meet with him. DH set up treatment for the attorney with the issue and also did notify the local organization that helps with lawyers that have issues (Sub abuse or otherwise) and they have been in contact with him. DH is just trying to do the right thing but I am so worried that the older partner will be so mad that his "gravy train" is leaving that he will destroy DH's reputation in the process. Hopeful- I sure hope you are right about the one door closing and another one opening feeling. Fingers are crossed!! Hope this post made sense but I am really having pregnancy brain today and can't keep a thought in my head.

BGGirl

Reply by treats1116 » Feb. 23, 2013 3:00pm

Hello Ladies, it's been awhile!!! I had to stay off anything pregnancy after my MC in Dec at 7 wks, but oh how I missed reading all the positive vibes!!! So my update would be the IUI started off great but ended with a D&C beginning of Jan. I was waiting a couple months to try 1 more IUI before giving up completely. I didn't track anything other then when I started my 1st period after the D&C. I have a wedding to go to tonight so knew I should be due for my period soon,wanted to be prepared, and was due yesterday so just took a test but not expecting anything because I have not 1 symptom. To my shock it was positive so I had to do it 2 more times and everyone positive, so I guess no wine for me tonight:) so very early but very relaxed and I'm going to try to stay that way. It's just nice to be with women my age,which is 45, going through this and the positive vibe is amazing here. So blessings to all and to all a happy healthy 9 months!!!

treats1116

Reply by cjpalaska » Feb. 23, 2013 3:50pm

Treats: Congratulations!!! I bet you are excited and nervous..... I wish you the best of baby vibes this time around! So glad to see there are some other "vintage" ladies here with me in the early throws of pregnancy!

I have my first apt. on Mon. finally! I am very nervous that everything is ok. I will be 10 weeks! Can't believe how fast and slow these weeks have gone so far :) Still having sickness off and on. Comes out of the blue and can happen any time of day! But so far nothing severe like my first pregnancy - so that is good.

I had a dream last night that I went for my first ultrasound and there were twins!!! I truly doubt that will be true since it happened naturally this time and we didn't do any infertility treatments but it was a crazy dream!

cjpalaska

Reply by MountainMama » Feb. 24, 2013 3:00am

Treats, Cjp, Kraze, to all of you and welcome.

Nothing suckier and crazier than the first few months, especially the first few weeks.

Hang in there, think positive and all of our best wishes for all of you!

Well, dh and I just finished the last Hypnobabies class a few hours ago. I am so excited but as we get closer to the birth, dh is turning into a hot mess. It is starting to drag me down, too.

Any advice ladies?

Thanks,
MM

Previous pregnancy:
EDD 4-25-2012
8-16-2012

User Image

MountainMama

Reply by airiesing » Feb. 24, 2013 8:36pm

Hey ladies! I got a free moment so I thought I'd pop in....glad to see a few of my comrades and a few new "faces" too! For those who don't know me, I'm Erika, I have 2 beautiful children both a blessing to me as an "AMA" Charlotte, soon to be 4 when I was 39 & Leo, now 2 months old and a BRUISER! Me, I'm the ripe old age of 42, I'll be 43 in May. And from what I've seen, the statistics don't mean bunk! Most of us got preggo as easily as the "young" ones and had pretty much text book pregnancies...now, I will say that it might have SEEMED easier when I was younger (ask some of the veterans in here how moody, weepy, achy, etc. I got!) but Leo was born au naturale at a whopping 9lb 13oz....he's now 16lb!! Doc says he's beautiful, just a big boy (tall too, 95th percentile in both) already working those tummy muscles to sit up! Of course, he keeps going right on over, but still! LOL!!

Wanted to chat more but duty/babies call....plan to post some pics soon! Take care ladies, keep me posted, I'm still lurking!!!

E

airiesing