Pregnancy Discussion Forum

Recent Forum Activity
Forum Categories
Start a New Topic Hide Signatures

Fine As Vintage Wine Moms (Over 35) - Pt. 5 - Page 7

Replies (158)

Reply by MountainMama » Apr. 15, 2013 5:57am

Cjp, good news on the morning sickness/HG.

Becky, welcome to the group H&H9 months! I wish you all the luck in the world and an easy pregnancy. Our conception at 41yo was natural. it is a thrilling feeling, esp. as we were totally unable, still unable, to spring for an RE assistance.

BGGirl, my midwife did my home visit last week and found me at 0cm dilation, 50% effaced. This morning, though, I lost a little bit of my plug after a night of intense BH. I am so excited to be getting closer to my time.

MM

MM - 47 yo and pleased as punch about it
Mom to DDs (20, 17) and DS (4) , wife to the most amazing man on the planet and maybe baking our second kiddo together.

Previous pregnancy:
EDD 4-25-2012
8-16-2012
Healthy via CVS (10/2012)

User Image

MountainMama

Reply by BGGirl » Apr. 15, 2013 1:39pm

Welcome Becky!!! Glad to see a new "face" on here :) Hope your dr appointment this week goes great too!

MM- Won't be long now I hope. I will be keeping my fingers crossed for you that it will be soon. :)I guess after your little guy gets here.. I will be next? Make sure you keep us updated!!

How is everyone else feeling?

BGGirl

Reply by Rjandjd » Apr. 17, 2013 11:57am

Thanks for the warm welcomes

Went for beta and prog, bloodwork yesterday (tuesaday).... Went from 515 on Friday to 2500 on Tuesday Prog. Stayed around 27-30

So all looks good so far. I go for my first ultra sound Tuesday next week...can't wait

Cjp..Congrats on your little girl, and also on your pregnancy now so happy for you

Mm...thanks for your welcome! Nothing is as thrilling or scary as finding out your pregnant. But when you do it on your own with out help form RE it feels sooooo good

Bggirl...hi and thank you How r u feeling?

Well off for now, talk to you all later

Rjandjd

Reply by MountainMama » Apr. 20, 2013 4:46pm

My son arrived in a roaring home birth, complete with house fire interruption that didn't faze me, on Thursday afternoon.

More later. I am enraptured with this little guy!

MM
42yo mama to 3! awesome kiddos

MM - 47 yo and pleased as punch about it
Mom to DDs (20, 17) and DS (4) , wife to the most amazing man on the planet and maybe baking our second kiddo together.

Previous pregnancy:
EDD 4-25-2012
8-16-2012
Healthy via CVS (10/2012)

User Image

MountainMama

Reply by cjpalaska » Apr. 20, 2013 11:16pm

WoW!!!! Mountainmama...... Congratulations!

I hope everyone is safe and healthy? It sounds like it was crazy though! Were you planning on a home birth? or did it just happen? Can't wait to hear more of the story from you.......

cjpalaska

Reply by BGGirl » Apr. 21, 2013 12:00am

Yay! Congrats MM!! I can't wait to see pics and hear that story!

BGGirl

Reply by hopefulat40 » Apr. 22, 2013 12:20pm

Yipeee Mountain Mama!!!

So excited for you and your new little guy.... xoxoox

Can't wait to see pictures of this little one!!

Tara xo

hopefulat40

Reply by Rjandjd » Apr. 22, 2013 3:00pm

yaaaaa MM!!

Rjandjd

Reply by airiesing » Apr. 22, 2013 10:35pm

YEA!!! CONGRATS MAMA!

airiesing

Reply by cjpalaska » Apr. 24, 2013 12:18pm

Hi ladies.....

Just need to vent a little and ask for advice/ experience.....

I haven't been feeling good for awhile now.... at first it was the morning sickness issues and it went on so long I guess I just thought that was "normal". Well, that finally went mostly away last week, but I have been feeling terrible still. Really fatigued, headaches, very thirsty, and even my hairstylist noticed my hair is falling out! I am beginning to think this is more than just pregnancy tiredness ect. Right? I think I am going to have my dr. check my iron and do some other blood work this week..... maybe I am anemic or have a vitamin/ mineral deficiency? What do you all think? Something definitely doesn't feel right..... I have also been way more moody and inpatient lately - maybe because I am so tired and not feeling good but it makes me feel bad because I haven't been very nice to be around :( Anyone else experience this?

cjpalaska

Reply by BGGirl » Apr. 24, 2013 5:16pm

I hate to hear that you aren't feeling well cjp! I have anemia and have to take iron supplements every day. I don't remember if I was exceptionally irritable before I started on the iron pills but I remember being very fatigued. I still crave ice and chew on it all the time. I was told that my energy would pick up some once I got on the iron pills but I didn't really find that to be the case. Nevertheless, I definitely think you should talk to your OB about it. It could be a sign/symptom of something else and really if you feel that something else is wrong.. it is important to get that checked out. No one knows your body and its "normal" better than you!!

Hope you feel better soon! (Or as good as we can LOL)

BGGirl

Reply by cjpalaska » Apr. 24, 2013 6:46pm

Thanks you! I did have anemia last pregnancy too so maybe that is what it is! Tomorrow we are going to our high risk dr. apt. and I am nervous about it! I didn't have to go to one with our first because my dr. then didn't require it...... this one does for everyone over age 35. The only thing I am excited about it getting an ultrasound that is extra long! And we are hoping to find out what sex it is! So I am focusing on that for now!

cjpalaska

Reply by airiesing » Apr. 24, 2013 8:01pm

Hey Cj, wondering if you've had your thyroid checked?? I'm having mine checked I think at my next appt (Mon) the hair on my legs & underarms is gone pretty much since Leo's birth, mood swings, zero sex drive. Chalked it up to just being a sleep deprived mommy with a bonus of not being able to shave! LOL but I think I'd better get it checked. Really common for it to go haywire after baby & even more common at our "age" ugh.

airiesing

Reply by cjpalaska » Apr. 24, 2013 8:11pm

I'll ask them tomorrow when I go..... good point! I just feel that is it something more than just being a tired and pregnant mom or pregnancy hormones...... Thanks...

cjpalaska

Reply by dmartin65 » Apr. 26, 2013 7:34pm

Woohooo MM! Can't wait to see pics of your little guy.

Hi ladies. Sorry it has been awhile since I have posted but with working and Sabrina, I am going non-stop. She is doing WONDERFUL. She turned 3 months old on the 15 and is sleeping completely through the night now. I am thrilled. She is smiling and can roll from her front to her back. We are now working on back to front. I have posted some pics.

Wishing you ladies tons of vibes and will check back in soon. Hugs to you all.

dmartin65

Reply by hopefulat40 » Apr. 27, 2013 1:13pm

Hi Everyone! :)

I am just popping in to say hi too! Hope all is well...and MMama, we want pictures! :) Thinking of each of you...

Toronto? Are you next?

Saw wonderful pictures of Airiesing and Dmartins little ones - they are perfect and beautiful!! I posted one of sweet of Jack! (3 months yesterday....and he isn't sleeping through the night...lol)

xox

Stay positive and keep smiling - it's the most wonderful time of your life!

Tara

hopefulat40

Reply by SeeNix » May. 7, 2013 4:32pm

Had an ultrasound yesterday and baby is healthy. Doc thought maybe twins but only found one. Baby measured 5 days older than expected, not sure why. We only did BD twice so we know when, 5 days before is before I was even cleared after the miscarriage. Strange how little baby is growing so fast. But healthy is very good and no chance of ectopic according to doc.
Now if I can just get over the nausea at work, but we can't have everything, can we? LOL.
Praying all is well with everyone.
CJP: how are things now? You get your test results back ok?

Hoping for great pregnancies for everyone.

SeeNix

Reply by cjpalaska » May. 7, 2013 7:34pm

Glad to hear things are going well for you.... and your ultrasound went well! Sometimes early on the measurements aren't exact and the babies measure big or small to their gestational age.... it will even out by the next ultrasound.

As for me: we had our high risk testing and everything came back normal! No risk of anything so far! And we found out we are having another GIRL! All my tests came back normal so still not sure why I am still not feeling well.... but it could be just how it is..... I am starting to feel better once and awhile so maybe it will get better. It doesn't help that my little girl has been getting up at 5:30 AM lately either :( Always super fatigued ect. So we are working on girl names for now! Any suggestions?

cjpalaska

Reply by BGGirl » May. 8, 2013 1:58pm

Good morning girls!!!

See- so glad that your ultrasound went well!! I don't understand the rhyme or reason to the dating that they do at the ultrasounds. Before my first ultrasound my LMP had my due date at May 29 but my first ultrasound set it back 5 days which I knew wasn't possible but that is what my OB goes by. All of my ultrasounds since the first one have me either at May 29th again or even earlier so I just stuck with the May 29th due date.

CJP- Congrats on the GIRL!!! Seems like there have been a lot of boys around here lately so it is nice to have another girl. :) Mine LO will be Savannah Lee. We wanted something that was easy to recognize and say but not everyone used it. It fit our criteria perfect and once I threw it out there.. my DH was stuck on it. We have never wavered since. I liked Addilyn too but we had several people that used it already and DH didn't like it. I am also partial to Alexa but that is because it is my DD's name. :) Have you come up with any possibilities?

AFM- I am due three weeks from today. I have a doctor's appointment today and hopefully she will tell me that I will be done sooner than three weeks. LOL I have hit that "I am ready" stage and have been having a lot of bloody mucus still. I also lost three pounds in three days which I thought was weird. I called my OB nurse and she said that sometimes right before labor the body gets rid of excess fluid and asked if I was peeing more. I really have been.. I can't go more than an hour without a potty break so maybe that bodes well for me too. I am worried that she is not head down though. I can't tell but a lot of times I feel two distinct bumps on my stomach and they are on the side of my stomach not one up higher (butt) and one lower (head) which is how I think it should feel. I guess if she hasn't turned by now, the OB will talk about that today.

Toronto- how are you doing?? Anyone else?

BGGirl

Reply by 3lilbrownboys » May. 9, 2013 4:32pm

congrats MM.. hope you are enjoying your bonding time with your little one!

Took a lot of to make baby #4.. ewww gross!!

DS #1 12/08
DS #2 01/10
DS #3 07/11

User Image

3lilbrownboys