Pregnancy Discussion Forum

Recent Forum Activity
Forum Categories
Start a New Topic Hide Signatures

Fine As Vintage Wine Moms (Over 35) - Pt. 5 - Page 8

Replies (158)

Reply by dockermin » May. 9, 2013 6:25pm

Hi ladies,

My name is Mindy. I'm pregnant with my third but first with new hubby. I'm telling my hubby tonight over supper. I wrapped up the pregnancy test and bought him a card. I am just a few weeks a long but I knew I was pregnant right away. Hope you are all well. I know My OB refered to my advanced maternal age when I wanted another baby! Ouch.

dockermin

Reply by Torontochick » May. 15, 2013 1:46pm

Hello Ladies,

Mountain Mama... Congratulations on the arrival of your son!!!!

just a quick update from me... I've been meaning to post but don't seem to find the time to get around to it. I thought I'd have all this time on my hand since I am on mat leave, but there are so many things on my to-do list, I am only crossing off half of them if that.

The baby's nursery is not even finished yet, but I hope that we are getting this done this weekend.

Other than that, all has been rather smooth and well, only getting some aches and pains now... Sharp pain and pressure in my abdomen underneath the rib cage (I assume that is my stomach getting quished) and really vivid, scary dreams... sleeping is also not comfy anymore - the big bump is in the way and then there are the nightly trips to the loo. In any case, I am not complaining. It was so tough to get pregnant and at my age, all I can be is grateful.

I am not to eager for my little girl to be early though, hoping she'll arrive in June. Still need more stuff and get some more things done first... :)

Hope all is well with everyone... let's see who is next... BGGirl?

Cheers,
Claudia

Me: 43
DBF: 49
DS: 5
TTC for over a year
pregnant after IVF #3 (8w2d) D&C
IVF #4
User Image

Torontochick

Reply by BGGirl » May. 15, 2013 3:34pm

Hi Mindy!!! Welcome and congrats!!
How did it go telling your husband???? This is also my first with my husband (his first period). I have a 9 year old DD that just can't wait to be a big sister!

Good to hear from you Claudia! Glad everything is going well with you!! I can totally understand the not sleeping well part. And I have been peeing like crazy!! I actually have been dropping weight which has been weird but the OB doesn't seem too concerned. They think that my body is just getting ready for labor soon and getting rid of excess fluid by peeing all the time. LOL I am ready for her to get here!! Last week I was 1.5 cm and 30%. I have had some contractions but nothing that gets serious but I am hoping that I will have moved a little farther along tomorrow when I go back to see OB again. Still working and waiting....

Anyone else????

BGGirl

Reply by cjpalaska » May. 15, 2013 4:09pm

Hi all! I am just hanging out it feels ...... feeling frumpy and restless lately :( I've had some more mood swings lately too! I will be 22 weeks this weekend already! Just not feeling great this pregnancy overall though. My little girl who is almost 1 is making it hard to get enough rest so I am persistently tired. And being a stay at home mom makes me feel less of a person some days. Going for an haircut tonight though and I am feeling excited! My hair has been falling out since I had her and just not feeling healthy- I had been growing it out but she just wants to pull it all the time! And with summer coming and just not having time to style or "do" my hair anymore I am thinking of going super short. That way I can have style without much work! We found out we are having another GIRL! So we are working on girl names...... any suggestions?

cjpalaska

Reply by BGGirl » May. 15, 2013 8:09pm

I am partial to Savannah and Alexa as girl names!! LOL

BGGirl

Reply by waitin4rainbow » May. 21, 2013 1:04pm

Hi everyone!
Let me join you. I remember some of you from sister site "countdownto...". I don't remember what was my name there but I recognize some of you and I am very happy for you!!!
Yesterday I had my forst u/s and saw a little bean, healthy, measured exactly how should be with the strong heartbeat of 148!!!
It was a long road to this baby, I had late mmc, I had to have surgery to remove a big fibroid blocking my tubes, then another mc, and finally I am here, at the fine of 40 , expecting our 1st baby together with my dh. I have two teen boys from previous marriage, and this baby will be 1st for dh.

waitin4rainbow

Reply by Torontochick » Jun. 8, 2013 12:24pm

Ladies... how is everyone? This thread has gone very quiet!

I gave birth to my little girl 2 days before my due date!!

Fiona Isabel arrived on Monday, June 3, at 12:36 pm weighing 8 lbs 14.5 oz measuring 21.26 in long.

http://www.countdownmypregnancy.com/my-pregnancy/my-baby.php?u=10105

The birth was VBAC but very, very tough. Has anyone heard of "Kristeller manoeuver"? It's not a desirable experience but apparently better for the baby than other assistance e.g. forceps.

I'm pretty bruised, bad episiotomy (sp?). Midwife says this will take some recovery time...

How is everyone? BGGirl??

Torontochick

Reply by cjpalaska » Jun. 8, 2013 1:44pm

Toronto: Congratulations!!!

Sorry you had a rough time :( With my first last year I had a hemhorage and had to have a blood transfusion which made me have a longer recovery too. And I remember the episiotomy which was very painful..... I sat on ice packs a lot! Hope you recover quickly and you have some help to get you through the first week or two! So glad your little one is here!!!

I am hanging in there for now.... my belly is getting big enough to be in the way now and I get tired easily walking ect. But so far my gestational diabetes I had last time is staying away this time!!! Super happy about that! I am just getting other family and personal things done and out of the way this summer so by the time August comes I can just focus on baby/family! Hubby and I get our first date night tonight since our little girl was born last summer! We finally found a program at our local YMCA which provides daycare for 5 hours on Sat. nights for parents to go out and do things together! So excited about that!

cjpalaska

Reply by Rjandjd » Jul. 1, 2013 9:51pm

Hi all! I am RJ I am 42 pregnant after 3 years of trying with new dh. ( I have 3 other children from prev marriage).
I am due dec 16... Now 16 weeks along! Excited and scared...its been a long 15 years since I did this last

Had many test and ultrasounds done to check and make sure everything was going well. All tests and ultrasounds are looking great!!
We find out at our 20 week (first part of aug) the gender and exact due date based on babies measurements,

Feeling good, belly is bigger then 16 weeks because of a fibroid which is 5-6 cm big. So it looks like I am carrying twins OB said it shouldn't cause any problems

Good luck to all

Rjandjd

Reply by bloominggirl » Jul. 9, 2013 4:40pm

Rjandjd-congrats! Such an exciting time! Good to know things are well.

bloominggirl

Reply by Torontochick » Aug. 25, 2013 10:20pm

Oh, where did everyone go?? Mountain Mama, cp, bggirl...!?

I know I haven't checked back in since I gave birth, but was not expecting the thread to be deserted... :(

Hope everyone is doing well!!

xo

Torontochick

Reply by cjpalaska » Aug. 26, 2013 6:11pm

I am still around...... getting close!! I am 36 weeks now and can't believe how close I am already!! Time has flown! I am 1 cm already.... not that that means a lot. I have my weekly OB apt. tomorrow again so we will see....and I get another ultrasound. She was breech but we think last week she flipped so the ultrasound is to verify that! I'm not having any of the issues I did with my last one such as high blood pressure, diabetes, preterm labor ect. so I am thinking I could go longer with this one. Madison was induced for blood pressure issues at 37 weeks... but I was already 4cm then so it is possible that this one could go early on it's own too..... hard to say.....just waiting and trying to get things done which is hard with a 1 year old running around!!

cjpalaska

Reply by Torontochick » Sep. 3, 2013 4:38am

Clp... So exciting!!! I hope everything is going well!

Fiona hit the three months mark yesterday and I can only say that she is such a delight - a truly happy baby. Best of all (and I never had never expected this) she is sleeping through the night already, which is such a blessing for an oldie like me ;)

xo

Torontochick

Reply by lisserb » Sep. 3, 2013 6:43am

Hey ladies. I was waiting to start my IVF, and was supposed to start stims this week when AF showed up. Only AF isn't coming.

After 7 years of ttc#2, 10 IUI's and three losses...I got a miracle, natural BFP on Sunday at 13dpo.

Hope everyone is well!

lisserb

Reply by cjpalaska » Sep. 3, 2013 1:26pm

WOW lisserb!!! Super excited for you......I know how hard all of that testing and waiting can be - our first was through infertility treatments and took 2 years but this one was on it's own.....natural! Who knew! So happy for you.....

cjpalaska

Reply by cjpalaska » Sep. 3, 2013 1:30pm

Oh....and she did flip! She is head down now...thank goodness! Only thing is she is measuring 10 days behind in growth but they doen't seem concerned - just that she will be a smaller baby. Otherwise I am just super uncomfortable: not sleeping, hemhroids, leg cramps, hard to walk, and did I say tired? Only at the most 2 or 3 weeks to go!

cjpalaska

Reply by BGGirl » Sep. 13, 2013 6:01pm

Hi Girls!!! Just checking in!! CJP I was thinking about you the other day and knew you would be getting close!!! A smaller baby is a definite godsend come labor time. My oldest daughter was 8 1/2 pounds and I had a tough time with her but Savannah was only 6 pounds and I had a fantastic deliivery!! I am keeping my fingers crossed for you!!

Lisserb- I have seen you before on the CTP boards and am super excited for you!!!

Toronto- So glad to hear that Fiona is doing well!! When they start sleeping through the night.. it makes such a difference!!

AFM-Savannah will be 4 months old next week and is the best baby!!! She started sleeping 7-8 hours a night at about 2 months and now sleeps 10-12 hours. She is going to have to change that a little though in the next couple of weeks because I will be headed back to work at the end of this month. She is such a joy though and my time off with her has flown by SOOOOO fast. I am having very mixed feelings about going back to work. I have enjoyed my closeness with her and worry that she will change once she is in a daycare setting but I also love my job and miss having "adult time." I am sure once we all settle into a routine.. everything will be fine. :)

CJP keep us posted!!

BGGirl

Reply by Torontochick » Oct. 18, 2013 7:37am

Lisserb... I am thrilled to read your news!

CJP... Guess you had your baby by about now? Hope all went well!

BGGirl... Such a relief when they are sleeping through, especially at our age... lol. My son didn't do this... he was always waking up in the night, so this is an unexpected change for me... loving it.

Fiona is doing great - we are so happy.

xoxo

Torontochick