Pregnancy Discussion Forum

Recent Forum Activity
Forum Categories
Start a New Topic Hide Signatures

Negative Blood Type Likely Positive Blood Type for DH

Category: General - Newly Pregnant
Posted by kimburski » Feb. 12, 2013 12:35am

I am scared! I know that this means I will likely need a special shot in the 27th week of pregnancy but I am now scared more than ever of miscarriage. DH is going to get his blood taken to be sure but we're pretty confident he is + type. Has anyone been through this? Can you shed some light as to how many pregnancies like this have bad outcomes? I am so nervous! Thanks for your help/support!

kimburski

Replies (5)

Reply by cjpalaska » Feb. 12, 2013 1:13pm

Hi! I have a negative blood type and my dh has a positive. I just had my first baby this summer and now I am pregnant again.... she has his blood type. It really is no big deal :) They just give you a shot around 25 weeks then again when you deliver. It is more to protect you in a future pregnancy. The baby they test when delivered to see if there was blood mixing.... but I tested fine and I even had a hemhorage during birth. I wouldn't worry yourself over it. It has been researched and dealt with for a long time now and the drs know what to do. There are rarely any complications or issues with it nowadays. It is such a common occurance in pregnancies. Hope that helps ease your mind.....

cjpalaska

Reply by kimburski » Feb. 13, 2013 5:16am

Thanks CJ that does help a lot! I also hate needles! Was the shot very painful? Do they do it in your arm? Thanks again for your advice!

kimburski

Reply by kimburski » Feb. 13, 2013 5:18am

PS my due date is 9/19 would love to be pregnancies buddies!

kimburski

Reply by cjpalaska » Feb. 14, 2013 1:53pm

the shot if I remember was in my butt.... and I think it did hurt a little... but over quick! I will have to get it again this time around too! Sure we can be pregnancy buddies... I just had my first apt. yesterday- but it was just with the nurse and overview of medical info- I had my bloodwork but see my dr. in 2 weeks. He doesn't see you until 10 weeks! UGH! Such a long time.... makes me nervous!

cjpalaska

Reply by LeMatin » May. 27, 2013 5:30am

I'm Rh Neg. (A-) My husband is +. I've had to get RhoGam shots during pregnancy and after delivery for each of our 3 children. Each of our kids are positives so far with no problems, thank goodness.

It is yet another annoying thing to get worried over, but it's less scary than it sounds/reads. I was quite freaked out with the first baby and this whole Rh neg thing. Hopefully your dr. or midwife can sooth some of your concerns. I'm sure you'll be fine!!

User Image

LeMatin