Pregnancy Discussion Forum

Recent Forum Activity
Forum Categories
Start a New Topic Hide Signatures

Plus Sized & Pregnant - Are we allowed to look cute too?

Category: General - Pregnancy Buddies/Groups
Posted by Sparkles23 » Jan. 16, 2016 4:03am

I was just wondering if there are any other plus sized mommy's to be that feel like I do. I see all these bump pics and I am like I cannot take one until gee I don't know because I most likely already look 4 months pregnant when I am only 4 weeks. Everyone has such fun seeing the bump come I feel very left out and sad. Just thought I would bring it up and maybe we can support each other. This is my first pregnancy so I need all the help I can get.

Sparkles23

Replies (3)

Reply by Gymnast36 » Jan. 23, 2016 9:36am

aww I'm 18wks and I have only just started looking pregnant instead of just my normal belly fat. At first I didn't want to take any pictures because I didn't have that "perfect baby bump".
There are so many bump pictures on here of ladies of all different sizes and I have never seen any negativity on anyone's pictures. I say just go for it, take the pictures, even if you don't feel comfortable posting them you'll be so happy to have them to look back on and show your child when they're older. Every mum is different, every body is different :)

I'm also going to be making myself some belly ties like this for when I get a bit bigger so that i get a more defined looking shape to my belly.

User Image

Happy and Healthy 9 months :)

Gymnast36

Reply by Sparkles23 » Jan. 24, 2016 3:53am

Thank you so much, it really helps knowing I am not alone. I have never seen belly tie things here in Canada but they are so cute I have to try that out.

Sparkles23

Reply by pbc910 » Jan. 24, 2016 5:55am

Thought I would add my 2 cents...I was maybe 100 lbs overweight when I got pregnant (thankfully tall so it helps). I didn't look pregnant until I was past 6 months and then by month 8 into 9, I got huge! I was worried I would look simply fat but my belly got round and it was very evident I was pregnant. I was pregnant with twins so not sure how much of a difference that made. I felt the same way when I was pregnant...wanting the perfect bump and feeling just blah when I didn't have it. I tried to wear clothes that accentuated my bump and I found that helped. But once I could feel my babies moving I quickly stopped caring about how I looked and just relished in feeling them move.

pbc910