Pregnancy Discussion Forum

Recent Forum Activity
Forum Categories
Start a New Topic Hide Signatures

October 2016 babies! - Page 6

Replies (126)

Reply by Starmama14 » Aug. 23, 2016 9:05pm

Thanks for the support ladies!!

JLHart- I am in Wisconsin! So happy things are going well for you!! Your little one will be here soon :)

Zue zue- I don't have any pain with the bleeds and they come on suddenly without warning. I am lucky that I haven't had to have a blood transfusion yet. If my hemoglobin goes down to 9 or below, then they will give me blood. The lowest it has gotten so far has been 9.5. Each time my body was able to recover on its own after the bleed.

Afm- I have a growth ultrasound tomorrow...hoping to see some nice progress despite the bleeds I have had!

Thinking of all of you during these last few weeks :)

Starmama14

Reply by zue_zue » Aug. 24, 2016 11:11am

Starmama - Thank god there is no pain.. dont forget to update us here about the growth u/s tomorrow.. Hopefully everything goes well with both of you..

zue_zue

Reply by JLHart22 » Aug. 24, 2016 2:05pm

Hi ladies!!

Zue-Zue, LOL...I feel you on getting heavier...the more I stand and try to walk the heavier I feel. And my pelvic bones hurt SOOOO bad :( So it makes it harder to walk, but it's worth it in the end. I wish everything was ready! My hubby is moving our home office from downstairs to a bedroom upstairs...now if only he would move the furniture :/ So hopefully this weekend it will happen!!

How are the rest of you??

JLHart22

Reply by JLHart22 » Aug. 24, 2016 2:07pm

Clearly I sent that without reading first as I had the reply page up since yesterday here at work and left before I had a chance to. LOL!

Star, can't wait to hear about the growth scan!!! And thankful you aren't in pain. Sounds like your body is a fighter and that's great :)

Jada

JLHart22

Reply by zue_zue » Aug. 25, 2016 12:24pm

Jada - The funny part of this big and heavy tummy is when im trying to collect the toys of our DD on the floor.. Its a hell of a job.. :-D
Do you have ligament pain or cramping at the side as well? i do have it once in a while.. The midwife said it is because of the active movement.. after that i took a rest for a day or two and it went away..
Are you going to decorate the baby room yourself or there is any help from the family?

Starmama - How is the u/s going? Im sure all of us are curious about it.. Don't forget to update us..

zue_zue

Reply by JLHart22 » Aug. 25, 2016 7:02pm

Zue-Zue, I feel a lot of pain in my pelvic area making it so hard to walk...it just hurts a lot! I have sharp pains every now and again :( My mom and I will be putting the room together and we both can't wait!! Can't remember but what are you having this time around? How is your DD taking everything? How old is she? How are you feeling today?

Star, yes tell us something please!!!

AFM, it's Thursday, but technically my Friday because I am off work tomorrow and Monday :) SOOOOOOOOOOOO ready to be off...

Jada

JLHart22

Reply by Starmama14 » Aug. 26, 2016 11:19am

Hi ladies-

Things have been a little chaotic. I had the growth ultrasound on Wednesday and baby had grown a pound from the week before so I assumed that all was ok. Then, my doc stopped in to tell me that while babys progress was great the u/s showed that I was dilated and a piece of the placenta was stuck in my cervix. This was a surprise to me because I hadn't had any contractions or bleeding or anything! Anyway, my doc said it was only a matter of time before I would have another big bleed that they might not be able to control it which could be fatal to me and baby. So off they took me to get prepped to have a c-section! I am happy to say that I delivered a little girl, Delaney Elizabeth weighing 5lbs 7oz! She's in the Nicu bUT doing as well as to be expected for her age. She's a true fighter. I am also doing well. This c section went much better than my first and I am recovering nicely!

So glad you guys are doing well! I can't wait to hear all about your babies when it's their time to come into this world. I will also keep you updated on Delaneys progress. Thanks for checking in with me! Good luck!

Starmama14

Reply by zue_zue » Aug. 28, 2016 8:06pm

Starmama - CONGRATULATIONS ! on the birth of Delaney.. I am so happy for the both of you.. The waiting has ended !!.. All the best wishes and fast recovery for the mama and the little Delaney..

Jada - Tomorrow i will be 31 weeks.. my little DD is 17 months old.. very active.. Now my DH and i are expecting for another little girl.. Is this your first child and the first grandchild in the family? Once in a while i still have that tightening feeling at the lower part of my belly.. sometimes it can be really painful.. Whenever u start to feel the pain.. just stop whatever u r doing and rest.. I think it is normal at this stage that we might be experiencing alot of pain at our body.. It is so sweet that your mom is helping with decorating the baby room .. The touch of love from mothers.. I heard you have a long weekend .. Do you go for any pregnancy massage ? or pregnancy SPA something like that?

Hope to hear more from all of the ladies here..

zue_zue

Reply by JLHart22 » Sep. 1, 2016 7:11pm

Hi all!!

Star, what wonderful news to come back to!!! I had a crazy busy weekend and here it is already Thursday again :) Congrats on the baby girl and thank God you were in the hospital being monitored!!! It's been about a week since you last wrote, any updates?? So happy for you and your family ;)

Zue-Zue, hey there! Two little girls huh? Tough for your hubby, lol, but I bet he loves it! How are you feeling? Yes resting is everything! This is my first child, but I have an older brother who has two boys and a girl...so most likely ours will be the last grandbaby!!! I have been at work, where I am now, and yes my mom has been at our home nesting, lol!! I am going to get a prenatal massage, have one tomorrow and I can't wait!

AFM, feeling good. We are 32+3 today and we are having her at 37+1....soooooooooo we are getting close and fast! Enjoying my mom being here, had a four day weekend last weekend and the same this week due to the holiday and being in the Army we are off tomorrow. I have another shower Saturday so...staying busy :)

Hope to hear from you ladies!

Jada

JLHart22

Reply by zue_zue » Sep. 4, 2016 9:30pm

Jada - Im happy that we have another girl since she can use everything from her sister.. Clothings, bed sheets and etc are pink.. If this is a boy my DH would have headache to buy new sets i guess.. Must be so nice that your mom is there with you now.. DH's family and my family are all far away from us..

I am always tired.. Last 2 weeks i felt like my pubic bone cracked or something.. that time i tried to lift my DD up to wash her hands and then i heard a snap down there..until now it hurts a bit.. Have no idea what it is.. asked my midwife and she said it might be because my bones are trying to give way to the baby to be delivered so it is quite fragile down there..

I hope you enjoy your prenatal massage.. sounds so relaxing.. until now my DH is doing the massage to me.. spa stuffs are so expensive here.. im still searching for after birth massage.. hopefully will find one..

Starmama - R u still in the hospital or already home with the little Delaney? Looking forward to hear how the both of you are..

Can't wait till the moment arrives..

zue_zue

Reply by Starmama14 » Sep. 5, 2016 1:49pm

Hi ladies!

So happy to hear that you are enjoying your last few weeks of pregnancy :) I am looking forward to hearing your birth stories soon!

Afm- We just brought little Delaney home from the hospital yesterday. I had spent the majority of the time staying in the hospital with her to breast feed her around the clock. Most preemies have a hard time breastfeeding (at least that's what I was told in the Nicu) bUT not Delaney! She latched on like a champ the first time we tried and has been going strong since. She will not take a bottle and really struggles to do that so that means no break for this mama for a while. But if it means a healthy baby...I will do it!

I am just so happy to be home finally. I hadn't really been home since August 8th and it feels good to be back with my whOle family under one roof again :) I will keep stalking you ladies to see your progress! GL!!

Starmama14

Reply by JLHart22 » Sep. 19, 2016 8:55pm

Hey ladies!! I hope and pray all is well with each of you...we only have about two weeks and a few hours before Olivia is here...so I am still nesting and organizing. Still coming to work too, so just staying busy...

JLHart22

Reply by zue_zue » Sep. 20, 2016 6:45pm

Hi all,

Starmama- How is the healing process going? Little Delaney is already at home.. :-) How is she doing? Hopefully everybody is doing well..

Jada- counting days till D'day arrives.. So is the little Olivia's room ready? .. Im 34 weeks this week and it is getting more and more difficult to move.. Normally i travel by bike but now not anymore.. Cramping and once in a while minor contraction..

Hope to hear more from all the ladies in the same boat..

zue_zue

Reply by JLHart22 » Sep. 21, 2016 5:39pm

Zue-Zue, hey there!! Her room is getting closer each day as I try to get in there and do something! Which makes me more excited bc I feel more at ease. I am 35 weeks this week so just a little ahead of you and also starting to feel heavier...but less than two weeks to go now so I am just trying to stay positive! I couldn't even IMAGINE trying to get on a bike, lol ;)

JLHart22

Reply by HelloIamSammy » Sep. 27, 2016 1:57am

CONGRATULATIONS Starmama! This is such wonderful news to receive and I am just trying to catch up with everyone's news. Wonderful to know that Delaney has taken to breastfeeding so easily--I feel this is what the majority of my nightmares consist of, not being able to breastfeed our son whenever he arrives.

ZueZue, any update as of yet? What you were describing of your current pains sounded to me like early signs of labour.

JLHart22 what is your update? Is it one week left now for you? How are you feeling?

This thread is lengthy since I have not been able to catch up properly as I was hoping to. Post away! I'd love to hear everyone's most recent news!

I have had horrible tingly/numbs hands throughout the 3rd trimester making the most easiest task seem to be a chore. All week I've been waking up experiencing horrible nausea and diarrhea, mild/dull cramping (Braxton hicks) but no other concrete evidence that baby is on his way. My midwife will be making a home visit tomorrow and hopefully she will give my cervix a sweep where we will see if this moves things along or not.

All in all, we are as ready as can be and I've had a moment to myself where I've recollected the early days of pregnancy. You ladies all have been so helpful with sharing your experiences and I am quite grateful to have had this pleasure and luxury of your friendship.

The countdown is on! :)

HelloIamSammy

Reply by zue_zue » Sep. 28, 2016 7:57pm

Hello Ladies,

Jada - Another week to go for you.. Must be very2 exciting.. I have to wait for some times i guess.. Yesterday i was on my mountain bike again.. nearby.. today my body hurts.. :-D .. very well expected.. Hey, don't forget to keep us posted for the important day next week..

Sammy - It has been a long time since your last post.. You are counting days as well now isnt it? What did your midwife says during the home visit..? Is there any opening? By the way, why do you have that tingly numbs hands? Is it something to do with the spine?

The little one is now head down and locked at the slot.. which is a good sign.. I hope i will give birth between 37 to 41 weeks.. Otherwise i cant give birth at home.. Earlier or later than that i will be sent to the hospital for birth..

I wish all of you ladies health and comfort during and after the birth process..

zue_zue

Reply by JLHart22 » Sep. 28, 2016 8:35pm

Hi ladies!!!

Sammy, hey there :) Yes ma'am we are officially under a week now and I can't believe how quickly time passed. Of course we are having her about three weeks early, but I am ready to meet her. And as much as she kicks I think she's ready to come on out!! How did the appointment go today?

Zue-Zue, Mountain Bike?!! Say what???? LOL. I am just trying to walk around and drive...lol. Hope you feel better fast! Praying your LO stays put so you can deliver at home, but if not a safe delivery is what we all truly want, right?

AFM: Met with the OB that will be doing our scheduled C-section fro the second time yesterday, drug my hubby with me this time bc the doc was an ass two weeks ago when I was there by myself. So everything is set to go for next Tuesday, 4 Oct 16 at 0730hrs Central Time in the US. I am excited, her room is pretty much good to go, just need to take care of a few other things. My parents and brother are coming this Saturday from Texas...so it's all falling into place!!

Jada

JLHart22

Reply by zue_zue » Sep. 29, 2016 8:34pm

Jada - wow!!!.. its just around the corner.. 4th October.. I wish you strength and all the best wishes for next week.. Im excited as well now..

i am now getting more and more stiff.. Always out of air while sleeping.. Feel tired every time waking up from sleep.. Braxton Hicks once in a while.. all these things really demand a lot of energy.. i really hope it will happen soon..

zue_zue

Reply by zue_zue » Oct. 4, 2016 4:55pm

Jada - How everything going? Is little Olivia already see the first light? :-).. Hope everything goes well..

Praying for all of you..

zue_zue

Reply by JLHart22 » Oct. 7, 2016 2:20pm

Ladies,

Just a quick note, but I will try to write more later. Olivia Linn was born on Tuesday 4 Oct 16 at 0751hrs. She weighed in at 6 pounds and 6 ounces and is 19" long :) She is feeding very well and going through diapers like they want her too, but she's lost a bit of weight as to be expected. She sleeps well so far too. All of us are in love with her!! I will try to a pic or two up soon.

Thanks for all the well wishes and for being here!!

Jada

JLHart22