Pregnancy Discussion Forum

Recent Forum Activity
Forum Categories
Start a New Topic Hide Signatures

Selecting a midwife!

Category: Special - Home Birth/Natural Birth
Posted by RayLyn » Feb. 29, 2016 3:54pm

I just found out yesterday that I'm pregnant and due around Nov 7th. I'm looking for a midwife who accepts patients around the KY (Grant County) area! If anyone knows of any please post the contact info!!!

RayLyn

Replies (5)

Reply by noreen » Nov. 9, 2017 9:36am

Do not despair under any circumstances. I do hope the best for you.

noreen

Reply by callisy » Dec. 6, 2017 2:53pm

I have never wished to deliver with the help of a midwife. I don't even know how the procedure goes with them. Kindly tell us after your delivery.

callisy

Reply by callisy » Apr. 24, 2018 2:37pm

I thought I could add my two cents here. I am glad that you are pregnant. Many people do look for children in many ways. Know that you have succeeded, I am wishing you all the best. Even during your pregnancy period. I hope it goes smooth for you. Try to live a healthy lifestyle. Do not forget to go for your medical checkups. This should be as frequent as you can. On the other side. I am trying to convince you to give birth in hospital. There are some risks involved in giving birth at home. Like lack of equipment's. It is not a guarantee that the procedure will be a success. Sometimes things may not go the way we expect. But when you are in the hospital you are covered. Anyway, the decision still remains with you. I am wishing you all the best. May you find the housewife you are looking for. Let us know if you succeed too.

callisy

Reply by noreen » May. 23, 2018 6:04pm

I am wishing you all the best. Even during your pregnancy period. I hope it goes smooth for you. Try to live a healthy lifestyle. Do not forget to go for your medical checkups. This should be as frequent as you can. On the other side. I am trying to convince you to give birth in hospital. There are some risks involved in giving birth at home. Like lack of equipment's. It is not a guarantee that the procedure will be a success. Sometimes things may not go the way we expect. So it is all about hoping for the best. Like the way I am praying for you that it works out for the good. But remember whatever the outcome. God had a reason for it. And that you should not despair.

noreen

Reply by noreen » May. 23, 2018 6:57pm

The decision to hire a midwife or a doctor for the delivery of a baby is something that requires careful deliberation by an expectant mother well in advance of the delivery date. Both of these professionals should have the required skills and experience for the job, however the staff and equipment that accompanies each of these professionals will be different. While many moms deem a doctor as the best choice, midwives have several advantages that should be considered.
Because of this one-on-one attention, the midwife is able to make the delivery a more personal experience than a doctor who may need to blurt out commands prior to checking in on other mothers in labor. A midwife has more specialized training and knows how to make the patient more comfortable when compared to a doctor. Although personally I conceived in Bio tex clinic. And I can say taht there services were the best.

noreen