Pregnancy Discussion Forum

Recent Forum Activity
Forum Categories
Start a New Topic Hide Signatures

Plus Size Mommies 2013 - Page 10

Replies (204)

Reply by BabyMamax5 » Sep. 3, 2013 1:51pm

Here is a pic of my Little Bear right after I nursed him, do you think he liked it? Lol!

User Image

Hopefullll, dh would NEVER offer to get a vas done! He was adamant that nothing was going near his junk! I was fine with the idea and only had a brief moment after I was out of the hosp where I felt a little "less of a woman" b/c my baby days are over, but after that I was fine.

Memi, dh has been good about helping with the kids, but for the most part I've been up and doing stuff to help out. I've swept floors helped feed them and even did a little grocery shopping. The reason I had such a diff c/s was b/c I had an extra part of placenta and b/c I ended up having alot of fibroid tumors that my dr couldn't avoid cutting into, so that's why I lost alot of blood.

BabyMamax5

Reply by memi0828 » Sep. 3, 2013 6:09pm

Awww that picture is classic! Lol. He is adorable. Glad y'all both are at home.

Right now my husband is on my nerves (again). It must be something about the baby being close that make men act a fool lol

memi0828

Reply by hopefullll » Sep. 3, 2013 10:58pm

Oh my Lord!! Soooo cute! Congrats again!! Sounds like you're healing super well which makes me feel a whole lot better about having mine. As for the VAS, DH says if there was no way of us getting prego he wouldn't worry about it but I said I'm not willing to risk it so I think he's just doing it because he knows if he doesn't have it done, I will, haha. No surprises for this girl!

Found out today more details about the c-section. I get to pick either October 7,8 or 10 so I'll settle that tonight and pick tomorrow. DH was also told that he would get to hold baby first which made him get all teary eyed lol, and smiled the whole way home. I'm a little bummed out it's not me though but I guess I got to with our son so that's all good. Starting to feel reeeally real now unfortunately I'm darn tired and sore to do the things I want to do like organizing the house. Plus DH gets moody when I do "too much" according to him, not me. Like I'm going to push myself too hard???? Yah, that makes sense. I think this is what happens when your husband comes to appointments and hears "take it easy" every friggin time. Anywho, so I guess the countdown is officially on!! Weeeee!

Memi- How are you feeling? Do you have an exact day?

User Image

User Image

hopefullll

Reply by BabyMamax5 » Sep. 4, 2013 1:08am

Things are feeling MUCH better! Aside from the gallbladder pain, my c/s incision is doing great and really only hurts a tiny bit when I laugh/cough/sneeze....and I just hold a pillow there to support it. I've been told that either form of sterilization can actually grow back, vas or tubal. But the chances are much lower if the tubal is done during a c/s.

Had a very busy day today, dh and I went grocery shopping and stocked up for the next month! I got all of my kids school snacks/lunches covered and I felt pretty good until later on when we got home, and that's only b/c we went to 3 stores and I put away all of the groceries. While we were shopping I got a call today from little man's pedi, he said his bili levels have not changed at all, which is good b/c they're not going up! Also his weight went up just an ounce so we have to have another weight check on Thurs. Things are finally starting to turn around! Thank god!!

AFM, I have my incision check tmrw and will discuss what's going to happen with my gallbladder surgery. I'm also going to ask my dr if dh and I can start up our "lovin" since I feel good and I'm pretty much having withdrawals, lmao...

BabyMamax5

Reply by memi0828 » Sep. 5, 2013 3:12am

Babymama, you're so funny! I have had no sex drive during this pregnancy at all. I feel bad at times for not doing my "wifely" duties. After a big fight last night, my DH bd (it was strickly for him). Afterwards I had started having contractions that were kinda painful. I was afraid that I had started labor. I already have a lot of pressure down there.

Also your son looks like the ultrasound pic in your profile. Honestly I have some ultrasounds pics that are just ok, I probably don't know what the hell I'm looking at. Plus my husband has some brothers that had to grow into their looks. I'm just going to say my husband is the best out of the bunch and I hope the baby gets my genes.
Oh lord forgive me, I hope I don't sound like a horrible person lol. I WILL LOVE MY BABY NO MATTER WHAT AND NO ONE WON'T BE ABLE TO TELL ME HE WON'T BE THE NEXT BRAD PITT/ DENZEL WASHINGTON. =D
I'm so tired. I have a slow waddle and I know I annoy whoever is walking behind me lol. I'm slowly getting the last things together for the baby. I wish I had more done but it is what it is.

I go back to the dr on the 12th ( appt was this Thursday but had to reschedule because I'm paying out of pocket until insurance kicks in). The dr said we are looking at doing c section on the 10th, but I will know for sure on the 12th after he looks thru my medical records some more.

memi0828

Reply by BabyMamax5 » Sep. 5, 2013 1:39pm

Haha Memi! I am the first person to say if my baby is not cute! In my opinion this little guy is my nicest looking baby...it took awhile for my others to get cute after they were born!

I've had a really high sex drive this whole pregnancy which is why I think it didn't put me into labor. And now that I can't have sex DH is teasing me! I told him it's just like a man to want sex when he can't have it.

All of my kids are off to school and my house is so quiet so I'm going to cuddle up with my little guy today since this morning is pretty chilly!

BabyMamax5

Reply by hopefullll » Sep. 6, 2013 1:20pm

I love the honesty!! I am the say way! When my little guy came out he was cute but shortly there after he lost his hair on the top and looked like a little old man with hair all around but bald on top lol. Put a little hat on and he was perfect, take it off and oh Lordy, put it back on! I find it's pretty 50/50, some babies just take a few weeks to reach their cute potential. And then there's the token baby here and there who never really does lol, I know that's awful but it's true! Of course I think every baby is cute in it's own little way because it's a baby despite awkward features and whatnot. And it's always so awkward when some mommies go crazy with the bragging of their perfect child. I have a friend who pulled up a picture on her FB of another friends baby and said "isn't he so strange looking?" and all I could think about was how HER baby looked a lot stranger (at the time he was born with a misshaped head that he eventually grew into-- he's a total cutie now). I always make sure I don't go too crazy with the "Look how perfect my baby looks everyone!!" just cause you never know what the rest of the world sees lol. Plus, it doesn't really matter, I find they all grow into their looks. My DS has a head full of thick blonde hair now so the bald stage didn't last for long lol

hopefullll

Reply by BabyMamax5 » Sep. 6, 2013 9:16pm

All of my babies were born bald except for this last little guy. They also were all toe heads, again, except for this little guy who has brown hair. Most of my babies didn't get hair until they were about 3!

I think the best way to not offend anybody's baby is to say "how sweet" instead of "how cute." That way you don't have to lie....I mean all babies are sweet, but not all are cute.

BabyMamax5

Reply by hopefullll » Sep. 6, 2013 11:17pm

Well then that settles it, perhaps its a c-section thing. I mean it sorta makes sense. They aren't being squished so there isn't a risk of the little cone head or bruising right? I'm focusing on the positives of c-section seeing as I'm so bloody nervous about it lol

hopefullll

Reply by BabyMamax5 » Sep. 7, 2013 4:07pm

My little guy has a beautiful, perfectly round head! I really wasn't nervous at all, except for the spinal bc I've had a rough experience with epidurals, but the spinal was a piece of cake! and I loved my nurses.

BabyMamax5

Reply by hopefullll » Sep. 8, 2013 11:54am

Babymama- I like hearing that, makes me feel more calm about mine. I'm a little afraid of the epidural too. I think most ladies get it when they are in huge amounts of pain and therefore don't care about a little needle but I won't be in labor when I get it so I'm going to be too focused on it. Oh well, it's gonna happen either way so I'm going to have to get used to the idea. Though, I wonder if they have other ways of blocking pain. I'm going to ask my doc or wait for pre-op appointment

User Image

User Image

hopefullll

Reply by BabyMamax5 » Sep. 9, 2013 12:24am

I must not have the greatest nerves there, bc I've never felt any of my epidurals or the spinal. I got a tattoo when I was 15 and it was so bad and raised off of my skin I wonder if it killed the nerve endings. I had it covered up eventually to a mother duck and her ducklings and it didn't even hurt.

I'm sure you will do great! That was really the only nerve wracking thought for me was making sure I didn't feel them cutting me, but I literally never felt anything, not even when they said I might feel them tugging and pulling.

BabyMamax5

Reply by memi0828 » Sep. 9, 2013 11:07pm

I have been nervous about the spinal as well. My main concern right now is having the baby before my insurance kicks in. I have started to swell in my feet and hands. It has gotten really uncomfortable to walk. I'm having dizzy spells too. Im really tired of being pregnant now.

I have officially lost my butt. I have 2 backs now (wide and flat). I guess everything went to my stomach. My mother and husband think its the funniestthing.

My son had hair when he was born but went bald between 3 and 6 months.he didn't get his hair back until he was about 1.

Hopefull, did you pick date for c section?

memi0828

Reply by BabyMamax5 » Sep. 11, 2013 4:42pm

Memi, you're too funny about the no butt!
I'm hoping my little guy doesn't lose his hair b/c it's so cute and dark!

I'm excited to give him his first "real" bath as his umb cord finally fell off last night. My daughter has been dying to help bathe him, lol.

AFM, there is only one part left of my incision that doesn't seem to want to heal, it looks kinda gross, but I don't go back to my ob until the 18th. So as long as it's not bleeding and doesn't look like it's "infected" then I should be ok until then. It does sting like crazy tho. Also I have my surgery date to have my gallbladder taken out, I go in Sept 27th.

BabyMamax5

Reply by memi0828 » Sep. 12, 2013 12:40am

I swear everytime I try to post, the damn site or wifi times out and I have to start over.

Hope everything goes well with the gallbladder surgery? Is it outpatient?

Is your son circumsized? Do you have to wait unttil that's healed before you submerge him in water?

I have been feeling like crap. Dizzy spells, naueous, hand and feet sweeling, achy crampy feeling in stomach. Just ugh. I'm ready for this pregnancy to be over

memi0828

Reply by memi0828 » Sep. 13, 2013 3:32am

C section is scheduled for Oct 10 @ 730 am. I am measuring 3 weeks ahead but Dr said its because baby is not dropping ( because of scar tissue from previous c section and my pelvic bone or something is narrow). Had this know-it- all at work tell me I'm measuring ahead because I'm short. Ummmm.....whatever. I have been in bitch mode for most of the day anyway. Stupid coworkers expecting me to do everything plus I'm getting BSed about how many days I have for my leave. I'm also dehydrated and need to increase my water intake plus drink gatorade.

memi0828

Reply by hopefullll » Sep. 13, 2013 9:27pm

I'm measuring 2.5 weeks ahead and wondering if maybe thats why too. Then again, I look huge and wonder how I'm going to look in 3 weeks when I'm set to deliver.

Yeah for October 10th!! 3 days after me! Very exciting that it's so close now.

Just ignore the know it alls, I know a few and I mostly tune them out.

I put my last belly pic up on my profile, I might post another one should there be a significant difference but I can't see how I'm gonna stretch much more lol. I hope that because I'm delivering early I won't get any stretch marks, crossing fingers super tight!

User Image

User Image

hopefullll

Reply by BabyMamax5 » Sep. 15, 2013 5:10pm

Memi, it's outpatient thank god! I don't think I could handle being in another hosp again for the millionth time since last month!

As for the circ, yes our son had it done in the NICU. They just tell you to care for it the first 24 hrs then after that just keep an eye on it. You can't submerge them in a bath anyways until their umbil cord falls off and by then his little pee pee should be just fine. We just gave our little guy his first real the other day and he HATED IT! He doesn't like being naked, naked (without a diaper).

AFM, my incision has finally healed, it seemed like it took forever! The only thing now is a horrible pain I have in the lower right side of my hip/pelvis, almost like when I had my ovarian cysts. I literally have been doubled over bc it feels like not only have I pulled a muscle there, but that I also tore something. I'm glad I go back to the dr's on the 18th!

BabyMamax5

Reply by memi0828 » Sep. 19, 2013 8:36pm

Babymama, how did your appt go? Is it the gallstones that were causing you pain?

Right now I'm at the point where I'm so close but so far from having the baby. I feel like crap all the time. My body tired, I'm hot, thirsty, big, and my stomach bothers me all the time. I don't know which end something is going to come out of. I just been blessed it wasn't both ends at the same time! My dr office is charging me $15 a form to fill out paperwork for me and my husband's leave from work. People are making money off of babies left and right. I also went to a baby fair recently where this woman was educating me on placenta encapsulation. That's where they wash and dry your placenta and then make pills out of it for you to take. Not to offend anyone but personally that is the nastiest crap I ever heard. Its like eating your own shit. There was also a booth about humanizing the birth process and keeping it natural. I was thinking I am going to drugged and cut up during my birth and I'm ok with that lol. Countdown. 21 days!!!

User Image

memi0828

Reply by hopefullll » Sep. 20, 2013 3:08pm

I've heard of that placenta thing too!!!!! Ahhhhh, so gross! I know it's apparently beneficial and bla bla bla but still, I couldn't wrap my mind around eating......me haha. I don't even like the idea of keeping the umbilical cord but I know of several ladies who did. At least they didn't eat it lol. I hear ya on the pain factor. I'm not using crutches to get around and am pretty much confined to my house and the couch. As for the weight gain, I now have to track everything I eat in a weight watchers fashion so I can stay where I'm at. I gained like 3 lbs in two days so I figured since I can't move or walk, EVERYTHING i eat is going in and staying in lol. I'm sitting at 15lbs of total weight gain which is the upper limit of what was healthy for me to gain. I've got 17 days to go so obviously I'm going to gain at least another 5 lbs to be reasonable. I'd like to say that I tried my very best not to gain too much but I'd be a big ole friggin liar haha! I have indulged on several occasions. Oh well, now I just have to fix what I started lol.

hopefullll