Pregnancy Discussion Forum

Recent Forum Activity
Forum Categories
Start a New Topic Hide Signatures

Plus Size Mommies 2013 - Page 11

Replies (204)

Reply by memi0828 » Sep. 20, 2013 10:53pm

Oh how I wish I only gained 17lbs, I think my weight gain is in the 30s. And I'm only 5'3. My weight is at 230ish now. I'm afraid that all this belly isn't just the baby. I'm going to really work hard to lose weight this time around. Since y'all both have other children, did/ are you get your child/children a gift from the baby so they can feel included?

memi0828

Reply by hopefullll » Sep. 21, 2013 4:20pm

hmmm, never even considered getting my little guy a gift lol. Bad mommy!! It's a cute idea though for sure. So far he calls her his baby and seems super pumped. He's one of those helper kids in where he wants to help with everything even though he creates more work than actually helping lol. So I'm hoping that he will stay this way when baby comes. Having said that, I have heard that when the baby actually arrives sometimes the older siblings change their previous tune and start acting like little brats lol. Hopefully he doesn't get too jealous!

What are you doing in terms of introductions between siblings? DH want him at the hospital shortly after baby arrives but honestly, I think I want a few hours to recover and spend with baby before he shows up with the grandparents.

User Image

User Image

hopefullll

Reply by memi0828 » Sep. 21, 2013 5:48pm

My son is 8 so he might be too old for the gift thing. I bought him a big brother shirt, that's good enough lol. When he was born my ex got to walk him from the operating room to the nursery, so if they allow that again my mother wants to be there for that ( which means my son will be there too). Then maybe my parents can take him to the gift shop to get a gift for me and the baby, maybe get something to eat, then come to the recovery room. But of course nothing goes as planed. With my son he had to stay in nursery a few hrs longer until his body temp was high enough. Then I have a low tolerance for medication ( it knocks me out) so I don't want to be drugged up and barely talking and scare my son since that will be the first time he has seen me in a hospital bed.

User Image

memi0828

Reply by memi0828 » Sep. 28, 2013 2:31am

I don't know how much I will be signing in after the baby. If any of you ladies would like to keep in touch, feel free to inbox. We could friend each other on facebook or something

memi0828