Pregnancy Discussion Forum

Recent Forum Activity
Forum Categories
Start a New Topic Hide Signatures

February 2017 babies - Page 2

Replies (56)

Reply by WinterLJ » Jun. 28, 2016 4:45pm

everyone!

Phatgurl, thank you for your story. Sometimes I wonder if we do not advocate for ourselves, would we keep getting badly diagnosed...?

As for me, I had an OB appointment yesterday because of my fall last Thursday. The OB saw the spotting/brown blood and said it was very minimal. Like what Phaturl mentioned, sometimes there's too many "shoulds" online that could be inaccurate. The OB said that she couldn't really see where this blood is coming from and that it could still be part of the implantation bleeding. I ask her if that's normal since it's been two weeks on and off with that and she said yes (despite what the internet says). We only saw the gestational sac again. Which scared me and my husband because that's the only thing we saw in ultrasound last April when I had the MMC/blighted ovum.

The OB then sent me for anothe beta hcg to check out if it's still rising. We got the results last night and it was at 35566 and the OB thinks I'm around 5 weeks (give or take). This is good news since when we had the blighted ovum I was only at 11500 during my 8 week follow up. I have another ultrasound lined up next week on July 7th.

How are you ladies feeling lately?

WinterLJ

Reply by phatgurl » Jun. 29, 2016 5:37pm

WinterLJ - don't let the fact that you only saw the GS worry you. I'm sure everything will be fine when you have your next scan. I hope you see more on 07/07, but don't freak if you don't. If you're only 6 weeks at that time, it's still really early. Your hCG rising is a great sign! Do you know if you have a tilted uterus? That can make a huge difference in what they're able to see and when. Sometimes abdominal scans go better than transvaginal for people who are tilted, too.

My next scan is tomorrow. I'm nervous, because my boobs stopped hurting today, but I haven't had on an underwire since last night, and that really makes a difference in how much they hurt. Some vomiting and boobs that feel like they're on fire would be so reassuring right now. I made my intake appointment with my OB's office for 07/07. They only have me meet with the nurse and take blood at that appointment. It seems quite pointless after having been through so much at the RE already.

How is everyone else?

phatgurl

Reply by asuperfreak » Jun. 29, 2016 7:20pm

Hi - I have been lurking in the background, kind of afraid to post as I have scared this pregnancy might not progress.

This is our sixth pregnancy.
Our first pregnancy ended at 9 weeks with a miscarriage. No heartbeat was seen.
Our second pregnancy was a missed miscarriage after the heartbeat was seem. Discovered we lost the baby at 11 weeks.
Our third pregnancy resulted in a beautiful baby boy (who is now a busy four and a half year old).
Our fourth pregnancy ended prematurely and our beautiful baby girl was born at twenty three weeks. She lived for just over an hour before she died in my arms. We found out we lost her due to severe scarring (Asherman's syndrome) after my C-section. I had surgery to remove the scarring and things look better, and my most recent Hysteroscopy indicated that things are looking great and I could maintain a pregnancy.
Our fifth pregnancy was our IVF cycle and ended with a miscarriage. We had 13 eggs retrieved and none of them fertilized the first night! We did rescue ICSI and had 7 fertilize and they transferred 2 - 4cells and 3- 3cells on September 15. We got a beautiful BFP - but miscarried

Even though the odds of us getting pregnant naturally were not great, we are gave it a shot and here we are at pregnancy number 6 at age 44 :-)
10 DPO - 12:30 PM Beta: 27
12 DPO - 1:30 PM Beta: 80 - doubling time 30.27 hours
16 DPO - 12:00 PM Beta: 315 - doubling time 48.05 hours
18 DPO - 1:00 PM Beta: 497 doubling time 73 hours
23 DPO - 3:00 PM Beta: 1900 doubling time 63.06 hours
24 DPO - Ultrasound showed a sac but no yolk sac or fetal pole.

I have another beta draw on Sunday and an ultrasound on Monday. I am currently 7w3d and due February 12, 2017

asuperfreak

Reply by phatgurl » Jul. 1, 2016 2:33am

Asuperfreak - I'm so excited for your next ultrasound. I have a really good feeling about it, and I'm so glad I met you.

My appointment today went even better than expected. The heart rate was 155, I measured 7w6d which is closer to my Fertility Friend dating, the umbilical cord could be seen, and my placenta is forming and starting to attach. The RE has released me to my OB, and I go there for my intake in a week.

phatgurl

Reply by asuperfreak » Jul. 1, 2016 4:14pm

Phatgirl - Awesome results, hopefully we can follow in your footsteps.

WinterL - Good luck on the 7th at your ultrasound. So much waiting.

Cpaz7103 - Sorry you have to wait until the 21st now for your screening. Ugh.

nreiselpn - Good luck at your Ultrasound today!

I hope everyone enjoys the long weekend and look forward to hearing the updates.

asuperfreak

Reply by WinterLJ » Jul. 1, 2016 9:02pm

So happy to hear about your ultrasound phatgurl! Sounds like you're progressing pretty well. Thank you for the encouraging words.

asuperfreak, good luck with your next ultrasound! Your beta seems to be rising appropriately.

As for me, nausea comes and goes (sometimes really strong) and food aversion to almost everything. I feel so hungry but then I couldn't eat. We've moved up my ultrasound appointment to 7/5. I have a work meeting I can't reschedule for 7/7. So, I guess I'll see my OB earlier than I expected. I'm hoping that it'll be good news.

For everybody celebrating the US Independence Day, happy long weekend! Hopefully, you guys gets some needed rest

WinterLJ

Reply by asuperfreak » Jul. 5, 2016 4:30am

We saw a little baby with a heartbeat but was only measuring 6w2d. (I should be 8 weeks) My HCG Level was 24699 which my doctor said was appropriate for the size of the baby. We still are in limbo as we wait for our next ultrasound in two weeks. Excited to see the heartbeat, but freaking out about measuring behind.

asuperfreak

Reply by cpaz7103 » Jul. 6, 2016 10:44pm

Well hello ladies. So happy to hear alot of us have been doing great with the pregnancies.
And my 4th of July weekend went great, since I have no pregnancy symptoms at all. Don't know if it's because I jst gave birth 4 months ago and still going through my postpartum or just gonna be lucky. I jst can't wait for my 12 week screening in July 21st when I get to find out the sex of my new little blessing. I hoping for a boy since I have all boy things with my new born.
Asuperfreak my betas were around 25000 as well when I was 6 wks 2 days, so I'm sure all is doing great and that's that when I had my first sono at that time they only saw a gs but then the following week at 7.2 they saw the baby and heart beat. You might have jst ovulated later than what you thought.

User Image

cpaz7103

Reply by phatgurl » Jul. 7, 2016 4:08pm

WinterLJ - any update on your ultrasound?

Cpaz - I hope it's a boy, too, so you don't have to buy much else.

Asuperfreak - I really believe everything is okay with your little one!!

phatgurl

Reply by WinterLJ » Jul. 7, 2016 6:33pm

Excited to update everyone about my ultrasound this Tuesday, July 5th. Everything looks good and we got to hear the baby's heartbeat at 136 bpm. Looking like it's 7 weeks (give or take since I didn't get my period from the last MC). We are just ecstatic right now! Although nausea had taken hold of me and I couldn't shake it off. My OB says if it worsen, he can prescribe me unisom and vit b6. I'll wait it out a bit....next appointment is on August 11.

Cpaz, good luck with July 21st appt. Hope you get a boy since you said you already have the bay stuff. Keep us updated!

How's everyone doing?

WinterLJ

Reply by phatgurl » Jul. 9, 2016 8:09pm

Winterlj - great news!

Went for my intake visit 2 days ago. My friend looked at the little one, and everything still looks good. Heart rate was 170, and I measured 8w5d. I'm going to update my due date since the last couple of ultrasounds date me in line with Fertility Friend based on my ovulation date. That makes me 9 weeks today! I go back in 2 weeks for my viability and dating scan and my first real OB visit.

phatgurl

Reply by WinterLJ » Jul. 10, 2016 4:10pm

Looking great phatgurl! Let us know how your visit with OB would be.

I go back in August 11 for the genetic testing and more blood tests. After we get the results, we get to do the announcements! Right now, food aversion and nausea is just an everyday thing...hopefully, it eases up soon.

WinterLJ

Reply by asuperfreak » Jul. 18, 2016 8:07pm

I just wanted to say good-bye to everyone and to say thanks for the support. Unfortunately when we went in for our ultrasound on Friday our little one no longer had a heart beat, was only measuring 5 weeks and our gestational sac was collapsing. I miscarried this weekend with the help of misoprostol.

I wish you all the best and success with your pregnancies.

asuperfreak

Reply by WinterLJ » Jul. 21, 2016 2:19pm

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss asuperfreak! Please know that you're in my thoughts and prayers.

WinterLJ

Reply by tweety82 » Jul. 22, 2016 5:11pm

I am on my 4th pregnancy. My oldest is 13, then I have an 11yr old, and a 9 yr old. I have an estimated due date of 2/17/17, however, I am showing very much and am wondering if I am further along than we thought. I have my first ultrasound today so we will see! DH is trying to say it's twins, but I don't know if I am ready for that news...LOL

tweety82

Reply by phatgurl » Jul. 23, 2016 3:05am

Asuperfreak - I hope your rainbow baby is right around the corner.

phatgurl

Reply by cpaz7103 » Jul. 24, 2016 12:38pm

Asuperfreak sorry for your loss..
Tweety82 welcome to the February 2017 group..
Well ik I've been off for a bit but I had my NT scan done on Thursday July 21st and my genetic labs drawn I won't get my results till August 5th on my next Dr appt but I get to find out my baby's gender on Wed.. still hoping for a boy but a little confused on this one. I was trying to figure it out on my own with heart beat readings but can't cuz my daughter always had hers in the highs 160-170 and my son always in the lows 135-140 but with this baby it's been in the high 150's... well I guess I've gotta wait till next week to find out...
Good luck to all the ladies...

User Image

cpaz7103

Reply by phatgurl » Jul. 30, 2016 6:16pm

cpaz - can't wait to hear your results!

My NIPT testing should be back any day now. My NT scan is scheduled with the high risk docs on 08/08. Not sure if they will still do the quad screening with having the InformaSeq test done or not. I was really hoping to have it back yesterday. They said 7-10 days, and yesterday was day 7.

phatgurl

Reply by cpaz7103 » Jul. 31, 2016 6:52am

Hello grls I got my gender results back yesterday and boy were we shocked we were so sure on a boy but no we having a beautiful lil grl. I can't wait its exciting my daughter gets to have a sister. I really thought she would take it bad because she already had mentioned she wanted to be the only grl, but she actually took it good since we told her she could paint her nails and make her ponytails. Well I should get the rest of my lad and NT results on August 5th that's when I have my Dr appt.
So how's everyone else doing why is the forum so dead I'd love to hear back any updates on your progressing pregnancies...
And good luck phatgrl on ur up coming appointments and results..

User Image

cpaz7103

Reply by phatgurl » Aug. 3, 2016 5:55pm

cpaz - Congrats on your girl!

I got the results of my genetic test (NIPT done through LabCorp - brand name is InformaSeq) 2 days ago. We are having a girl! Our girl has a 97% chance of having Down syndrome based on the test results and my age. I thought about having CVS done to confirm, but CVS also tests placental cells like the test we already did. The results would likely be the same.

The only 2 possibilities in my specific situation that the test is a false + is placental mosaicism where the baby's DNA is different from the placental DNA that was extracted from my blood or vanishing twin syndrome. There was no sign of a twin in any of my ultrasounds. So, we will likely wait until 20 weeks and have an amnio done so we know for sure but when the odds for miscarriage are lower.

If our baby does have Down syndrome, my chances for stillbirth from now until 25 weeks are about 30%. After 25 weeks stillbirth odds decrease but are still higher than in normal babies.

I'm still trying to absorb everything. I'm processing information, hoping the test is wrong, and trying to wrap my head around having a special needs child all at the same time. I will keep you all updated as I know more.

Right now, I'm having my first gestational diabetes test done in about 2 weeks, and I have my anatomy scan scheduled 8 weeks from now. That's all I know for sure.

phatgurl