Pregnancy Discussion Forum

Recent Forum Activity
Forum Categories
Start a New Topic Hide Signatures

?May 2017 babes? - Page 5

Replies (117)

Reply by margie_m » Dec. 8, 2016 2:10pm

Hey ladies,

tflorence - That is really scary. I'm glad you are all ok. How far along are you now?

Pumpkinface - Thanks. I'm just paranoid about it because every other time I've seen bright red spotting it's meant that my pregnancy was over.

Mammoth - Thank you. I'm glad you and baby are fine.

AFM - I feel like this week just keeps getting worse. My Fur baby, a cat, who was only 7.5 yo, died suddenly yesterday DH found him when he went to go feed him and the other animals . We rushed him to the emergency vet but he was gone before we got there. he was a 15lb snuggle puss. I don't think I've ever met a cat that was as cuddly as he was and now he's gone. I'm absolutely heartbroken.

margie_m

Reply by Mammoth » Dec. 10, 2016 11:51pm

Margie M - so sorry to hear about your cat.

Hope baby continues to be fine.

I've returned to yoga this week after many months away (wasn't allowed back in the first trimester and it didn't run over the summer). All fine, but found the supported shoulder stand a bit much! Belly has been a little sore (it felt flattened/ squished in the pose) and I'm thinking I might avoid it in future, even though the teacher really recommended it.

Hope everyone else is fine and well.

I had my midwife appointment earlier this week (can't remember if I said) and it was great to hear the heartbeat again.

User Image

Mammoth

Reply by tflorence87 » Dec. 12, 2016 11:35pm

Margie_M - I'm 15 weeks now, I'll be 16 on Wednesday! And it was definitely a kick I felt earlier. He/she kicked me in the side this morning while I was in the shower, lol.
I'm so sorry to hear about your cat. I also had a precious little fur ball named Smokey that passed a few years ago so I know exactly how you feel. And I agree with Pumpkinface about the spotting and bleeding, because I've recently had some bleeding over the weekend. Try not too worry too much, and always speak good things over the baby. Every morning I talk to my stomach and speak life, health, and no sickness over him/her. Just get a picture in your mind of delivering a full term healthy baby, have that vision every day, and it WILL happen.

S/N - I'm really thankful for this group. It's nice to have other women to talk to so we can help each other out and get through our daily pregnant struggles together. =)

tflorence87

Reply by RedBetty » Dec. 21, 2016 1:25pm

Hi everyone, sorry it has been a while. Hope you all are fine? What's been happening?

I have not had much energy with this baby as compared to when I was pregnant with my son. I didn't know the meaning of tiredness then, lol. Now though, another story entirely!

Baby and I are fine, 18weeks, 4 days now and still don't know the gender cuz baby has been uncooperative but hopefully before the week ends, I'll try again.

For some reason, started having really painful contractions at 13 weeks and had to go into the hospital to get it stopped. Took some hours but they were able to stop it eventually. Relative calm since then but it happened again at exactly 18 weeks and we were able to stop it again too.

Trying to take it as easy as I can, just can't figure out why I keep getting contractions like that. Oh well, as long as baby stays put till 38 weeks, will endure it all.

RedBetty

Reply by Mammoth » Dec. 21, 2016 10:11pm

That's a bit worrying, Red Betty. Keep asking for help if you are concerned.

I bought a mattress topper to help with my back spasms and I had two days of great sleep. Then it was the same as normal! I've learned to just get up and take a trip to the loo as it does ease it a bit. It's weird because it doesn't feel like a full bladder, but often that's what the problem was. I think trapped wind and a full bowel are also playing a part. Slow digestion seems to be part of being pregnant.

Now I have the mattress topper plus my summer duvet doubled over underneath me. Then a range of different pillows around to try to ease the strong pulse I get in my abdomen!

I'm okay normally through the day, but at night my uterus just feels so full!! The pressure is not nice.

I'm 18 weeks now and felt like maybe I've felt some movement, but I can't be sure. It has felt like pushing, kicking and also pins and needles/ electric shock.

I have an ultrasound on the 29th. Looking forward to seeing how baby has grown. My belly is certainly bigger and I am almost entirely in maternity clothes now. Just one or two oversized items that somehow still fit.

User Image

Mammoth

Reply by Mammoth » Dec. 30, 2016 2:41pm

Just logging in to say that my 19 week scan went well. Baby seems healthy in every way. :-)

Placenta is anterior, so that will muffle the quickening somewhat.

Hope everyone else is well?

User Image

Mammoth

Reply by tflorence87 » Dec. 30, 2016 5:50pm

Just found out we're having a little boy!!! Now to pick a name =)

tflorence87

Reply by awebste » Dec. 30, 2016 7:03pm

All is well here - we have had our anatomy ultrasound and everything checked out great. They were unable to get the top view of the kidneys (only were able to get bottom view) therefore they are making me go back. Kidneys were present and looked fine - but they would prefer I go back to get the pic anyways - just so that the fetal u/s is complete. So I go back for that in 10 days - Jan 9.

Aside from that - not much to report - feeling really tired and drained. I imagine the holidays and having a toddler is contributing to that as well as being pregnant!

Hope everyone is well!

awebste

Reply by Mammoth » Jan. 4, 2017 6:24pm

Do you have a shortlist of names for your little boy, tflorence87? For ages we just had boy names (Henry or Jack) but recently found a girl name I like (Eliza). Surname is Burn. Would like to meet Baby before we decide for sure. Glad all was well with your scan.

awebste, I think I would welcome another chance to see Baby, though I don't think much of the waiting around with a full bladder! We opted not to buy scan photos this time because we thought they were charging us too much for them. Hope all is well with his/ her kidneys.

User Image

Mammoth

Reply by tflorence87 » Jan. 4, 2017 10:04pm

Mammoth - We think we've settled on Amari Joseph but it's not set in stone yet. He might not look like an Amari once we meet him, lol.

I have the same feelings at night with my back as well, and now my hips have started to hurt even with my pregnancy pillow. Getting up to pee helps me as well, but then I can't go back to sleep. So I'm up at 3:00am staring at my husband while he snores, poking him in the face because I'm bored and can't go to bed, lol. He's a heavy sleeper so it doesn't wake him up.

tflorence87

Reply by margie_m » Jan. 10, 2017 5:04pm

Hey ladies,

tflorence - That's a beautiful name.

Mammoth - how are you feeling lately? I think Eliza is a cute name. we had a much easier time picking out boys names than girls. I'm so glad your scan went well and that Baby is healthy.

awebste - How did the second US go? I'm glad the first one went well and that little one is still growing well.

Redbetty - I hope everything is still going well for you.

AFM - We found out that baby is a girl and we had our anatomy US. everything went really well but they're bringing us back for a more in depth look at certain parts just to be sure. DH and I have been arguing about names since we found out that baby was a girl. we had boys names all picked out but we have a lot of trouble agreeing on a girls name.
I've also recently discovered that my morning sickness has come back a bit. she doesn't like to have things pressing on her so even wearing pants is a bit of a challenge atm. add to the the hip pain that makes it hard to walk I feel like I'm in rough shape. even with these symptoms I'm just overjoyed that she's here and growing well. Ive started to feel her kick and move around.

margie_m

Reply by Mammoth » Jan. 19, 2017 12:21am

Hi just checking in to say that I'm fine. Been feeling Baby move a lot more recently. He (or she) seems to be pretty active! I think that Hubby felt a tiny kick today when I asked him to put his hand to my belly! A bit hard to feel with the anterior placenta, but he was lucky to be in the right place at the right time for a really big kick! Still was so light for him to be not 100% sure he'd felt it, though. I'm sure things will get stronger and I imagine it's not that pleasant when those kicks get hard.

It's getting so that my belly seems pretty obvious to me. However, as I go into different schools to work, I have to let folks know I'm pregnant and most say they didn't realise! Maybe no one likes to assume until it's really, really obvious? But makes me think maybe I just look fat! (Oh well, don't care!)

Starting to gather some cloth nappies now which I hope will save money (and the planet!). Disposables sit in landfill for literally hundreds of years, so it's not a great option. Feel proud we will be doing our bit. There's actually a very strong second hand market, so it's possible to sell them on afterwards.

tflorence - Amari Joseph is lovely. What's the origin of Amari? Haha re: poking hubby in the face.

margie m - sorry that your morning sickness hasn't escaped you. I had some vomiting a couple of weeks ago. I found it happens if I haven't had enough water with my meal or if my brain suspects there might be something off with the food. A slightly runny egg, food that is less than perfectly fresh! I've also had pain from terrible wind - felt like my belly had blown up like a beach ball! Didn't sleep at all that night - or so it seemed.

Yeah, I'm still feeling good about Eliza. It feels like it came out of the blue, so wonder if it might instinctively be the right thing. We keep joking that if it's a boy, we're naming it after our hoover, but we really do like Henry too. Hubby prefers Jack, I think, but I wonder that it's slightly cocky. Meeting him or her will help, I think!

awebste - How was the additional scan?

User Image

Mammoth

Reply by margie_m » Jan. 23, 2017 3:55pm

Hey ladies,

Wow it's been quiet on here.

I think my morning sickness is getting worse not better, I spent half of my weekend either sleeping or dry heaving. Thank goodness I have an appointment with the midwife tomorrow. On the plus side baby girl is moving around like crazy so I know my feeling sick isn't affecting her.

Mammoth - it's so cool to feel them moving around. I've had that feeling with gas as well. I find that if I eat too much I feel like I'm going to explode.

margie_m

Reply by Mammoth » Jan. 24, 2017 11:46am

Margie M

Yes, rather quiet, isn't it? Not sure what happened to many of the ladies. No news is probably good news! Perhaps we'll hear from some of them towards the end, when things get exciting again.

I can now feel Baby moving many times in a day, mainly if I'm sat down or lying down. I also felt him or her flip over at one point - think it was a sideways move rather than full flip, so hopefully they are still in a head down position.

I'm sorry you are feeling sick. I think I am passed the sickness stage. My appetite is settling and I'm finding I can eat more normally, so long as I add in the odd snack and stay away from food that makes me windy!

Constipation is the other thing that can be an issue and make me feel unwell. Lots of fruit and veg each day seems to help that.

Main thing is a cold with a sore nose. I feel like I've been punched in the nose! That's the sinuses, I guess. One more reason not to get much sleep unfortunately! Oh well.

User Image

Mammoth

Reply by awebste » Jan. 30, 2017 12:19am

Hey all! Second scan was great - it was a few weeks ago - Jan 11 I think. Baby fully cooperated this time and they were able to get those final pictures. I ended up getting another set of pictures from this ultrasound - so that was nice! In Canada we get pics at every ultrasound provided. I have been back for a check since then and the u/s results were perfect. Placenta is anterior - with my DD is was posterior - so that explains why I was a bit later feeling kicks this time.

I go for my 1 hour glucose test next week - so hopefully the positivity continues and I will pass. Because I am so low risk my OB that I had with my DD has rejected me twice now as a patient. Luckily I got a call this morning that after a third attempt by my family doctors office to get me an appointment they have accepted me! Wahoo! Unfortunately my first appointment is quite a bit later than when I started going my with DD - but it will be fine! I think I will be about 33 weeks.

Baby is pretty wild now - normally in the evening once I have a chance to sit down after DD is in bed. DH has been able to feel and see kicks for a few weeks now. Excitement all over again!

margie: YAY a girl! Girlies are so sweet! We have been discussing names recently too and we haven't been able to agree on many. The ones we do agree on aren't really on my "love" list. I think what is bound to happen is exactly what happened with DD - we will have a small list of preliminary names and likely end up going with something that was never on our list and completely spur of the moment! Since we don't know the gender I feel like - as long as we have a discussed it a few times we will eventually figure it out LOL. Right?!?

tflorence: YAY a boy! How lovely! Love the name too!

Mammoth: love all the names you have chosen! So sweet! We are kind of the same when it comes to names, I think we need to see the baby before we decide on anything - which is no issue because we can't really agree right now anyways! HAHA!

awebste

Reply by Mammoth » Feb. 4, 2017 3:44pm

Glad to hear from you, awebste, and good to know that all is well.

In the UK you have to pay for every pic and they won't let you take your own pics or film the ultrasound since apparently it's their property! They did give me pics on scans at 7 and 12 weeks - out of sympathy for our long route here and all we've had to pay so far. But the lady at 19 weeks was much stricter! Maybe I'll regret our stinginess, but hopefully not.

Names are tricky, aren't they? I am happy with our names: Henry Edward Burn or Eliza Burn. But I think hubby is still a bit unsure about Eliza. Don't think he loves it. He prefers Jack to Henry, but I've met a few naughty Jacks, which doesn't help! We'll meet baby and take it from there. Maybe a totally different name will come up, like you say!

It took us ages to name our cat (Rhino) and we're completely happy with that. His full name is Rhino Trefrawl Burn - the middle name comes from the farm he was found on as a tiny stray. Ha! Hubby wanted to name him Biffa at one point. I'm glad he changed his mind!

Think I had my first Braxton Hicks contraction yesterday while wandering around town. A definite tightening - very mildly painful. Gave me a good chance to practice my new hypnobirthing skills - long slow breathing! It did help, but you can't do that while walking around. We went to our first session this week. Highly recommended if you would like to aim for fewer medicines and interventions. I found it very relaxing. They say to start early so you can practice your breathing more.

The need for antacids has now arisen as I am plagued by acid indigestion, especially in the evening!

Hope that the ladies who started to post on here are all fine! Probably wrapped up in their pregnancies and forgetting that this thread exists!

Anyone else planning to use cloth nappies here? I'm keen to save the planet and save a bit of cash, too. I know there's a bigger workload, but I do think it's worth it. 300-500 years sitting in landfill make me think about what sort of legacy we'll be leaving for our children's children.

Wow, serious winds here! Trees blowing wildly and rain clattering down.

Hope everyone else is well. All the best to you and your bumps!

User Image

Mammoth

Reply by Mammoth » Feb. 21, 2017 1:23pm

Any news, folks? Hope you are all well. xxx

User Image

Mammoth

Reply by tflorence87 » Feb. 22, 2017 9:42pm

Hello ladies!

We just finished painting our nursery for our little boy! Just need the furniture to put in it. Any one bought cribs or bassinettes yet? Not sure which would e better or what brand I should go with.

Baby is kicking up a storm and his little movements are starting to hurt a little, lol.

tflorence87

Reply by margie_m » Mar. 1, 2017 2:22pm

Hi ladies,

tflorence - That's cool that you've finished painting. We're not setting up a proper nursery since we're moving within a month or two after she make her arrival. We have a bassinet in our bedroom for the time being, but it's one that a friend gave us once her daughter outgrew it. We have a crib as well but we're not setting it up until after we move.

Mammoth - How are you doing?

AFM- Baby girl is moving around a fair bit. I had a bit of a scare last week, as I was in a car accident. Luckily it wasn't too bad. I got to have an additional ultrasound to check to make sure everything was still where it should be. I have to admit, my back is still a bit tender and it sucks that I can only take Tylenol for it. I'm still trying to get my mind around the fact that for once in my life it's ok to gain weight. I've already exceeded the most I've ever weighed before. It's a weird feeling.

margie_m

Reply by Mammoth » Mar. 5, 2017 7:45pm

Hi

Margie M - that's scary about the car accident. Sounds like all is okay though. Hope the bad backs settles down.

tflorence87 - We're still working on the nursery. Hubby has been painting this week now that essential works have been completed and the plaster has dried. A neighbour is giving us a moses basket, a relative is giving us a cot and DH's folks are giving us curtains, so we should have everything sorted. Might need a small chest of drawers and a rug.

We're doing fine, thanks. Starting to feel like the end is in sight now we're in the third trimester. Weird.

User Image

Mammoth