Pregnancy Discussion Forum

Recent Forum Activity
Forum Categories
Start a New Topic Hide Signatures

?May 2017 babes? - Page 6

Replies (117)

Reply by margie_m » Mar. 10, 2017 1:34pm

Hi ladies,

mammoth - I know what you mean about thinking the end is in sight. Although I would feel better about it if I felt like we were more ready for it.

AFM - I'm doing ok. Baby girl is still moving and growing like crazy. We have our next appointment next week. we were supposed to have it a few days ago but the clinic called and cancelled at the last moment. I may have to start asking for reduced work hours. I don't know why but exhaustion is hitting me harder now than it did in the first trimester.

margie_m

Reply by Mammoth » Apr. 3, 2017 10:38pm

Sorry not to see your post until now.

I'm on Easter hols now. Will do half days for the last two weeks of April, then take May off completely as I'll be 37 weeks then.

Things are tiring, but the good weather has helped boost my mood and energy levels.

I'm delighted that we'll be meeting Baby soon - just a month or two to go. :-) Can't believe this is all really happening!! Yay!

Heartburn, poor sleep and cramp legs are my current complaints. I also get a sore abdomen sometimes when I walk - a tugging pain probably caused by adhesions. None of it is that bad and I feel like I've had a great pregnancy really.

Looking fwd to spa day this weekend - great timing I reckon! A last girlie get together before baby comes. :-)

Wondering how everyone else is faring?

User Image

Mammoth

Reply by awebste » Apr. 24, 2017 12:55pm

Still pregnant here - 37 weeks and getting the feeling that things may not hold off until my c-section date. Really praying that I can make it another couple weeks - but will see. C-Section scheduled for May 11. So excited to be surprised by the sex - we have been mad guessing for the last little bit now!

Nursery is all ready and I think for right now there is nothing more we can do except wait and hope baby spends a bit more time in the womb before making his/her appearance. I feel smaller with this pregnancy but I feel like I have more baby...lol Sounds weird - but with my DD I felt like I had a ton of fluid (which I did), and this time I feel like there is a smaller bump, more baby and less fluid. Time will tell!

Anyone else with a scheduled date or anyone else already having some "signs"?

awebste

Reply by margie_m » May. 1, 2017 11:32am

Hi ladies,

I'm almost 36 weeks now. I have a midwife appointment today. I'm really looking forward to it because I've been having crampsoff and on for the past couple of days. I kinda want to talk about them since I was told Braxton hicks contractions aren't really painful and these ones have woken me up from a sound sleep. I'm hoping baby girl decides to hang in there for another few weeks.
We've finished the sleeping area for baby girl and finally bought a car seat. We're starting to declutter a bit for our move this summer. We've gotten confirmation that the conditions of sale have been met on the house we're buying and part of me can't wait to move.

Awebste - I hope you make it to your c-section date. It's my anniversary, so I think it's a great day for baby's birthday!

Mammoth - how are you doing? Are you off work now? I have a bunch of similar symptoms. I find with the walking or standing that I just have to sit down from time to time and it helps keep the pain away. I'm trying to stay fairly active with walking mostly. Not long now!

margie_m

Reply by tflorence87 » May. 2, 2017 7:18pm

I've started having Braxton Hicks as well. It's not too painful just really uncomfortable. I can see my uterus scrunch up when it happens.

Baby is has dropped and is really pressing down on my bladder. I'm EXTREMELY tired and today I started having periodic leaks of clear fluid. I think I'm just peeing on myself because of baby's head being down there, but I'll ask at my doctor's appointment tomorrow.

We're almost there! I don't think my little boy is gonna wait until May 31st but I guess we'll see!

Update 5/4: Apparently my water broke! Contractions started getting more intense and they told me to go straight to the hospital at my doctors appointment. Labor had to get induced so we'll have a baby sometime today!

tflorence87

Reply by Mammoth » May. 7, 2017 10:51am

TFlorence - how's it going? Assume that baby is here? Exciting!

I'm at 37w5d and unfortunately baby is breech. I think it is probably because of my medical conditions. They tried turning baby but it was far too painful. Even with an injection to relax my muscles, the doc's thumb in my abdomen was hideous. Apparently, I went beetroot red. I've tried a few things to turn baby, but think they are just happier this way around.

We're heading for a c-section at around 39 weeks. I would be welcome to try for a breech vaginal delivery, but I am too worried. I know that many of these become emergency c-sections anyway and I just feel that is what would happen for me.

They don't give you the date until a few days beforehand, but seems like baby will be here within two weeks for sure. Exciting! (Though very far from the home birth/ water birth I'd hoped for!)

Only bonus is that I've been a lot more comfy lower down since baby turned!

Feeling big and sleep is harder (getting up 3 times a night and wide awake from about 4:30 or 5), but all seems well otherwise.

Really and truly feel that the house and hospital bag are ready now.... amazing how you keep finding extra things to do - even 2 days ago found yet another bag of baby clothes we were given months ago that needed to be washed, dried and put away.

Good luck ladies. xxx

User Image

Mammoth

Reply by tflorence87 » May. 7, 2017 11:20am

He's here!! 4lbs 10oz 05/05 @ 2:24 pm. Tried to do the natural thing without an epidural but...that ish was for the birds. Pitocin contractions are MUCH worse than non induced contractions so if you have to be induced TAKE THE EPIDURAL! I went from 3-4cm to 'let's push' about an hour after the epidural. Teo big pushes and he was out in five minutes.

I wish the BEST of luck to the rest of you beautiful ladies because no matter what it's all worth it in the end.

tflorence87

Reply by awebste » May. 8, 2017 8:22pm

Still pregnant here - 2 days away from my c-section date! Hoping and praying I make it to the 11th!

Wishing you all luck!

Congrats @tflorence87!!!!

awebste

Reply by Mammoth » May. 8, 2017 11:08pm

Congratulations tflorence87!!

Yes, everyone says that being induced is intense. Hope you are recovering well.

Awebste - how are you feeling? Good luck. I'm about a week or so away from mine - they won't give the exact date until about 4 days beforehand.

Mammoth

Reply by margie_m » May. 9, 2017 1:11am

Hey ladies,

Congratulations Florence! I've been told that the epidural is worth it. As long as they can give it to me without explaining it again I might be able to get one. I get light headed when it's being described.

Mammoth - it sucks that you had to change your birthing plans but I'm sure having a safe and healthy baby are fantastic reasons to change.

Awebste - good luck with your c section. May 11th is a good day, that's my wedding anniversary. I can't wait to hear your update on baby's arrival.

AFM - almost 37 weeks. I don't know if baby has dropped or not. She keeps hitting my bladder but I'm not sure if that's just because she's head down and running out of room. She also like to rest her shoulder against my hip which is super painful. I've had intermittent contractions but nothing progressing and I'm pretty sure my water is still intact. I have enough discharge that I need to wear a pad but I'm pretty sure it's just discharge. I'm starting to cut back my days at work. I'm just always super tired. I'm hoping baby comes soon ish. Only 3 weeks until my due date.

margie_m

Reply by Mammoth » May. 15, 2017 4:52pm

C-section in 2 days!! Baby's birthday will be May 17th.

User Image

Mammoth

Reply by margie_m » May. 15, 2017 7:10pm

Yay Mammoth! Good luck! I can't wait for the update on how you and baby are doing.

margie_m

Reply by awebste » May. 17, 2017 6:55pm

ITS A GIRL! Vera Katherine Leah made her arrival on our scheduled c-section date May 11th @ 12:50pm. 8 lbs 1 ounce, 20 1/4" long. She is perfect in every way! Surgery went well and we are home recovering now. Big sister Vivianne is taking to her little sister very well!

Look forward to the remainder of the announcements! :)

awebste

Reply by awebste » May. 17, 2017 6:58pm

Oh and I posted a pic on my birth announcement :)

awebste

Reply by margie_m » May. 17, 2017 9:19pm

Yay! Congratulations Awebste! That's great news. I'm so happy baby Vera is here and healthy!

margie_m

Reply by margie_m » May. 24, 2017 9:39am

Hi ladies,

I just had my 39 week midwife appointment yesterday. For the first time during this pregnancy my blood pressure is on the high side. they sent me for further tests (after retaking my blood pressure twice to make sure). I should hear back on the results this morning if they need to run more tests. otherwise things should go on as normal. If I get another high blood pressure result though, they've told me I'll be induced right away. I suppose they want to be safe rather than sorry.

On the other hand I'm so uncomfortable lately and having so much trouble with acid reflux that I'm kinda hoping that pregnancy is almost over with.

I can't wait to meet baby girl. It seems strange that one way or another I'll be meeting her in the next 3 weeks.

margie_m

Reply by RedBetty » May. 25, 2017 12:39am

Asher is here! He waited till his scheduled C-section date and was born 8:40am weighing in at 7.1lb and 19.8 inches long. He lost quite a lot of weight while we were waiting for my milk to come in and dropped as low as 6.4lb in 3 days so I started supplementing with formula. Stopping that now since I've got a lot of milk now.

Congratulations Mammoth, Awebste and Tflorence87, I'm so happy all the babies are arriving fine and healthy.
Margie_m, fingers crossed baby arrives soon without complications from high bp. Keeping you in prayers.
Let the rest of the babies come on quick! :)

RedBetty