Pregnancy Discussion Forum

Recent Forum Activity
Forum Categories
Start a New Topic Hide Signatures

January 2014 babies!! Happy New Year to us! <3 - Page 8

Replies (144)

Reply by lilsunshine22 » Jan. 2, 2014 4:57pm

@yashinfan
Yea I thought I'd be a mama by now also. Lol. But I was put on strict bed rest until I reached 36 weeks, and I've been up ever since. But went to the Dr yesterday and I am now 3cm dilated, 70% and babies head is pressing directly on my cervix, he said she is fully engaged now so just waiting. he said he thinks I will have her by the end of this week, but who knows lol. but they are calling for 3 to 6 inches of snow tonight and tomorrow so I'm sure she will come when our roads are nice and slick lol. Oh well I won't mind I'm so ready to hold my girl! They said she was between 7.5 and 8 lbs. I hope she is no bigger than that though.

I will post pics as soon as I have her though! Good luck.

lilsunshine22

Reply by lilsunshine22 » Jan. 7, 2014 8:02pm

Just went to Dr and he stripped my membranes....hope I go into labor tonight. I am already having stronger contractions. But if it doesn't progress then I go to the hospital at 5:30am Friday morning to be induced :-)

lilsunshine22

Reply by lilsunshine22 » Jan. 11, 2014 10:24pm

Well ladies....I have given birth as of 3:34am today. Her name is Braylee Jewel, she weighed 9lbs 9oz and is 20 3/4in long. She is healthy and beautiful. Will post a picture once I get home and rested. Good luck everyone!

lilsunshine22

Reply by yashinfan » Jan. 15, 2014 9:56pm

And I thought I had a big baby! Christian Evan was born on 6 January via c-section, after 30+ hours of labour. My water broke in a crazy gush on Sunday, 5 Jan when I got up from the kitchen table - totally wasn't expecting it (as I was due 16 Jan)! For future pregnancies, ladies, accupuncture DOES induce labour!
My bundle was 9 lbs, and was not facing the right way (looking up instead of down) and after 30+ hours I started to get a fever / infection so they opted for an emergency c-section. I had only got to 5cm dilated, so I'm pretty happy I didn't make it to the push phase by the time we had to change tactics. Epidural was a walk in the park, the IV was way worse. I was very scared about the c-section but didn't feel a thing, had no complications, and was able to go to Costco yesterday so the healing is going well.
Hope you all have your babies shortly, what an amazing, life changing event.

Congrats & thanks for sharing the past 9 months!

yashinfan