Pregnancy Discussion Forum

Recent Forum Activity
Forum Categories
Start a New Topic Hide Signatures

June 2017 babies! - Page 14

Replies (313)

Reply by Kerzie » May. 16, 2017 2:37pm

Thank you ladies for the support. The good news is that I don't hate my hubs anymore, the hormones can be really brutal.

Danielle. You are a beautiful and strong woman who has survived a difficult pregnancy while looking after other people's snotty nosed children as well as your own, you deserve a medal! I find that a scrub or wash containing salicylic acid helps minimize the spots and I use tea tree gel on any spots at night, darn those hormones I totally get the mood thing, I was so mellow during most of the pregnancy and now I snap over nothing.

Annabelle. How did you get on at hospital? Are they going to allow you to have a natural birth or does the GD and the babies size change that? I envy how organized you are, I'm putting a final coat on the nursery today (I've given up waiting on Steve). I need to pack my bag too, it's all becoming very real now. Bet you are looking forward to a tasty big breakfast the day after your birth, just because you can No more injections I can't remember most of the names I liked, yet another thing I need to concentrate on. All the names you have chosen are lovely, try each one for a day and see what feels right.

Pumpkin. Hope your meds are working and the bp has come down, how was your hospital apt? I half expected your mother's day post to be a baby announcement. Has your section been booked yet? Are you going to be able to move before you give birth? I hope it all comes together for you

Had my final scan yesterday and baby is 7lb 3, so he is still 3wks ahead in weight and still 98th percentile, wee chunky monkey!! I'm getting brax so often, please tell me it's normal. I'm terrified of going into early Labour and even carry a puppy pad with me to sit on. Am I the only one thats paranoid of waters breaking in public? What fears/paranoia Do you all have?

Kerzie

Reply by Pumpkinface111291 » May. 16, 2017 4:28pm

Hey Kerzie - I totally understand the whole fear of waters breaking in public thing. My bp is still not good, after going to the Dr every 3 days (and the hospital after for observation, every tim3) for two weeks, they're going to check it again tomorrow and decide then about the csection , so ill let y'all know what happens.

Hope everyone else is doing well =)

BabyFetus Ticker

Pumpkinface111291

Reply by danielle664 » May. 16, 2017 11:29pm

Kerzie: I'm having Braxton hicks like crazy too in the last week especially! I'm also terrified of going into labour early. I'm more worried about my water breaking on our mattress more than anything... I haven't put anything down on it to protect it lol... but with my first they had to break my waters for me while I was at the hospital in labor.

So I'm supposed to have appointments every other week now but this week my doctor is on holidays so I have to wait until next Tuesday for my next appointment. I'm 33 weeks and 1 day now and been having lots of Braxton hicks contractions and been peeing a lot more now too... and I'm starting to think baby had dropped because I feel pressure once in awhile and some pain on cervix from baby moving etc. TMI but I checked my cervix tonight and I think I'm already 1cm dilated! And it's very soft but high. Don't know if that's a good r bad thing. I know you can stay dilated for quite some time before baby is born but cervix feels soft and mushy.... Im hoping I can wait until next Tuesday for my appointment. I'm so anxious I will go early! I have 2 more weeks of work left so I'm hoping to make it to then. So I'm not too sure what to think of this!? Anyone else have any advice?

danielle664

Reply by AnnabelleT » May. 17, 2017 2:42am

Hey ladies

Great to hear from you.

Kerzie, I'm going to be induced but not sure when yet. I'm 34 weeks and the OB said last week it could be between 37 and 39 weeks depending on how baby is growing and what my BP does after I stop the aspirin at 36 weeks. So far it's staying controlled but normally rises just after 36 weeks in my previous pregnancies.
I had another scan yesterday and baby is on the 93rd percentile, but not sure what baby is weighing.
My diabetes is mostly under control, I still get a few higher than recommended BGLs. I'm on 42 units of insulin now. I initially started on 8. Pretty gutted as I've been so good with my diet and not eating sugary carbs or any junk food.
So back to OB and diabetes clinic next Wednesday. Hopefully I'll find out when I'm getting induced so we can plan accommodation for my husband and son while I'm in hospital and book our animals in the cattery and kennels. As we're going to be 3 hrs away from home.

Well it's definitely getting closer to D-day.
I'm really not that organized Kerzie. I've got some things packed in my hospital bag and washed some baby clothes but bassinet isn't up and we've not really got a nursery room for baby as he'll sleep in our room for the first few months and then move in with my 2 yr old. Even though we have a 4 bed room house, space is tight as my older son still lives with us. We have a spare room for family and DHs kids from his previous marriage to use when they visit.

User Image

AnnabelleT

Reply by AnnabelleT » May. 17, 2017 2:53am

Danielle, I definitely understand the pelvic pressure and peeing all the time. I've been getting lots of Braxton hicks and keep thinking I'm going to go early as the baby is very low and I feel like I'm waddling.
I've not checked my cervix but think Ive read that you can be slightly dilated earlier in subsequent pregnancies.
My waters both times only broke just before giving birth with assistance from the midwife.

Pumpkin good luck for your appt tomorrow. Hope your feeling okay and BP isn't making you feel too awful.

I'm still working too and hopefully next week will be my last as Friday I'm 35 weeks.
Though a friend has asked me to help her out with preparing travel documents as she's a NZ agent for trips to India and safaris to Southern Africa so I've been working from home on my days off helping her. Plus I have my own hobby business making scented soy candles and I supply 3 businesses so I need to keep up with that too. So hoping I get at least a week off before baby comes

AnnabelleT

Reply by Pumpkinface111291 » May. 18, 2017 11:13am

Hello ladies,

Well Mr. Noah Gaberiel Williams was born yesterday at 2:17pm . his breathing wasn't great , but he's doing super good today. He's in the level 2 nursery and they won't let me hold him or feed him until after they speak with the Dr , but the nurse fed him twice last night and said he did good with it. He's on an IV because his blood glucose dropped so low since he wasn't able to eat due to his breathing problems, so he's basically getting sugar water through the IV , but now they know he can eat, they'll slowly take him off the IV and once that happens. He'll be able to come to my room. I should be able to hold him and try to breast feed him after they do shift change and speak with the Dr this morningm. There's pictures on my profile. I THINK I did the birth announcement and it went through ok.

Hope you all are doing well :)

BabyFetus Ticker

Pumpkinface111291

Reply by AnnabelleT » May. 18, 2017 12:17pm

Congratulations Pumpkin! What a darling wee man, clever mommy. Love the name you have chosen for him.
Hope his breathing and BGLs improve so you are able to give him lots of cuddles asap.
How are you feeling? Hope your BP has improved now you have given birth.
So excited for you xx

AnnabelleT

Reply by Pumpkinface111291 » May. 18, 2017 12:33pm

Thanks Annabelle, my blood pressure has been pretty much perfect since I delivered. There was only one high reading , it they're not concerned about it. I'm feeling pretty good, my pain level is tolerable, best recovery so far, that I've had from a csection. The worst part has been being super itchy and not being able to sleep. But I think the not sleeping was a lot to do with worrying about him, but he's doing super good this morning. Still waiting to see him, they're making me wait til after I eat breakfast so that I won't pass out on them.

BabyFetus Ticker

Pumpkinface111291

Reply by Kerzie » May. 19, 2017 7:30am

Pumpkin. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
Well done you I hope you have got to cuddle little Noah now and given him a big sniff, a must with a baby (love that smell). Hope you are still recovering well, did you get a general, epi or spinal? You should be so proud of yourself, he is a wee cutie. Have your girls seen him yet? They will no doubt fuss over him non stop and will want to help with everything.
So happy for you

Kerzie

Reply by Kerzie » May. 19, 2017 8:36am

Danielle. I think your cervix being high is a good thing, I know it goes low for birth but keeping an eye on it should let you know when things progress. I'm soft and mushy too and not too sure where my cervix is as it's all a bit alien. Tmi, what's with the cervical mucus? Having to wear pant liners, it's kinda gross. I'm buying a waterproof matress protector today, it hadn't crossed my mind and would be awful having to get a new mattress to come home to. The whole pressure thing and brax freak me out, it feels like I'm going to drop a bowling ball out my backside and who said Braxton hicks arnt painful? Hope your not displaying any more

Annabelle. I shared a room with my sister growing up and it made us super close, we even chose to share when we got a bigger house. Lewis wants to share with his brother but will see how he feels when the baby is old enough. I'm glad they finally have your BGL under control, your on quite a bit more insulin than me, I'm 32 units daily. I hope your bp stays down too, it can be super hard organizing everything for the birth my dh is going to have to travel back and forth taking care of the dogs and picking Lewis up from school. I'm terrified at the thought of the birth, I have to go in to hospital next weekend to get steroids. They can make BGL go wonky so have to stay in and get monitored every hour. Get to spend Mon at home then sec on Tue 30th.

Kerzie

Reply by Pumpkinface111291 » May. 20, 2017 4:23pm

Kerzie I had a spinal, and the girls got to see him last night. Yesterday was a rough day, for me. But I think that had more to do with lack of sleep , combined with pain , more than anything. I don't sleep well in hospitals, but Noah is a great sleeper, and he really doesn't fuss much at all! I'm so happy about that lol, my youngest daughter Kelly , she was a screamer. And she didn't let me get much sleep either. This one's more like his oldest sister. I'm so ready to go home though, and take him with me! For a baby born 4wks early, he doesn't act like it. XD

BabyFetus Ticker

Pumpkinface111291

Reply by Kerzie » May. 22, 2017 6:43am

Pumpkin. Now you can relax at home and enjoy your time with Noah, think we are all looking forward to that bit. You get your body back now

Annabelle and Danielle, hope you are both doing well and are keeping those legs crossed for another few weeks Hope the dilation stopped Danielle.

Kerzie

Reply by Pumpkinface111291 » May. 22, 2017 9:40am

Kerzie- it's definitely nice to be home , and Noah is doing so good. I can't believe how quiet he is lol and he eats every 4hrs , so I'm getting good sleep too, which is really nice. He's already eating 2 ounces. He is slightly jaundiced, but it's been stormy here, so I put him in what sunlight I can. Have to make our Dr appointments today since they were closed Saturday when we were released.

Annabelle and Danielle I hope you ladies are doing well and hanging in there =)

BabyFetus Ticker

Pumpkinface111291

Reply by AnnabelleT » May. 22, 2017 6:54pm

Pumpkin so pleased you guys are home and that Noah is doing so well. What a dream baby only feeding 4 hourly (my first 2 were mostly 2 hourly feeders) and that Noah is so quiet but after such a eventful pregnancy it's lovely you are having a easier time of it.
When you get a chance it would be lovely to see more photos of him.
Congrats on getting home so quickly. He was such a good weight for being early. Well done momma!

Kerzie, how exciting that you have your section date now and it's only a week away. It's great the hospital monitors you well after administering the steroids. Are the steroids to help ensure babys lungs are ready since you are a wee bit early?
I really liked how you said your sister and you shared a room and have such a close relationship. I hope my boys are close as my sisters are way older than me and we definitely don't have a close bond.
I'm so excited to see photos of your new wee addition and read your birth announcement. Hope you are able to relax and rest this last week xx

I have a midwife appt this afternoon and then tomorrow travel to see the OB and diabetes clinic. Really hoping they give me a date for induction so I can plan accommodation for Trev and Archer near the hospital (and organize childcare for Archer during the delivery as one of my good friends lives in the city where I'm going to be) and at least get the dog booked into the kennel.

Danielle hope you're doing well and that your contractions have only been Braxton hicks contractions not baby deciding to come early.

AnnabelleT

Reply by Kerzie » May. 23, 2017 4:19pm

Annabelle. When did hospitals get so vague with dates and times? I was shocked I only got two weeks notice and I won't find out what time they want me for the section until I'm in at the weekend. Gather your going through the exact same but it's worse for you as you have a lot more to organize.
I hope your apt today went well and that you get some answers tomorrow You are going to have lots of fun listening to your boys trying to play and talk quiet after bed time, I wish mine were closer in age. I'm two years younger than my sister and even now we have a special bond, I put it down to sharing a room and having to learn not to hold onto arguments or grudges from an early age. Have you got to the 'had enough being pregnant' stage yet? I'm not looking forward to my last weekend being in hospital but yes it's to mature his lungs so he can keep me up all night when he is born Because his estimated weight is 3wks ahead they don't want to leave him to be delivered beyond 38wks. What is the first thing your going to eat once you stop injecting? I want something junk followed by haagen daz ice cream, mmmm....

Pumpkin. Lucky you having such a good natured baby, let's hope you start a trend. Hope your still healing well and everything is good. You will have to take a pic of Noah in the Harry potter outfit, bet he is super cute in it.

Danielle. How are you doing? We are all a bit worried you have went into early Labour after all the contractions. I hope everything is okay with you.

Kerzie

Reply by danielle664 » May. 23, 2017 11:51pm

Congrats Pumpkinface!!! How exciting! And I agree he is at a pretty good weight for being that early! I had my 1st son at 37.5 weeks and he was 5lbs 8oz but everything else was good he was just a tiny one lol! I'm happy everything went well for you and the new baby!

So much catching up to do! But I'm 34 weeks as of yesterday and I had my appointment this morning with my doctor and she felt around and said everything was great. I did mention that the baby feels a lot lower and she agreed and she said it is hard even for her to feel the head right now because the baby is into my pelvis. She told me to come back in 2 weeks and she will be checking my cervix and seeing if she can feel the baby's head internally as well. She said baby has dropped for sure and she knows my first came a few weeks early. So fingers crossed that I make it to my next appointment! It seems super early for baby's head to already be engaged I think anyways! I will be 36 weeks at my next appointment.

I'm also pre registering at the birthing centre this week to get all forms and such done. Things seem to be moving along so quickly now. My last day of work is next Friday. I've still been getting Braxton hicks contractions but they are irregular and start and stop a lot. I find I usually get them after supper and they last until bedtime usually. Some are painful but most are just really uncomfortable.

I wish everyone good luck! We are all almost at the end it seems and anyone of us can pop at anytime!!!! But let's hope for a couple more weeks at least :)

danielle664

Reply by AnnabelleT » May. 24, 2017 7:58pm

Well I had my appointment with the OB yesterday and still no official date on when I'll be induced yet. I have to go back down to see the OB in 2 weeks and by then I'll be 37 and a half weeks and he said I'll probably be induced between 38 and 39 weeks but my BP was up yesterday so now I have to have it checked every second day by my midwife.
So I'll probably travel back down in 2 weeks and then be back the following week for the induction. If I don't go before as last night I thought I lost my mucous plug? But apart from lots of Braxton hicks contractions nothing else has happened.
My insulin was also increased as pre-breakfast BGLs are rising ( so now on 50 units a day)

I'm frustrated they can't just get me a date as there is a big rugby game in the city where I have to travel to for the birth on the 13th June (Kerzie not sure if you follow rugby but it's the British Lions touring NZ) and accommodation will probably be sold out. So hoping hubby can get a place to stay if they do the induction around that date.

Danielle it's great to hear everything is still going well and baby hasn't made a early appearance yet. Yay for finishing work on Friday. I'm working today and Friday and then Sunday and have been asked to work on Sunday the 4th June as work are having problems getting weekend staff. I'm so ready to not work and have some down time so fingers crossed it the 4th June is my last day.

Kerzie, so excited for you as not long to go until you get to meet your new little one. Can't wait to see pictures and hear how everything goes.

Pumpkin, hope you are recovering well and getting lots of time to enjoy Noah. Hope his jaundice is disappearing and that he's still being the dream baby

AnnabelleT

Reply by Pumpkinface111291 » May. 25, 2017 10:13pm

Hey ladies,

Annabelle, I'm sorry you're having such a hard time with your bgls , try to hang in there, and I hope finding your hubby a room isn't going to be too stressful.

Kerzie - for normal csection deliveries here they give you a date , and tell you when to go in for pre op stuff, which is usual the day before surgery, and at pre op you find out when you're supposed to be at the hospital for the c section itself.

Danielle - glad you're doing well:)

As for me, Noah is still an awesome baby and we went to the Dr today, he's at 6lbs 14oz , he's gained an ounce an a half since we left the hospital. The Dr was pleased with him over all
I had my own appointment today to check my incision. Everything looked good but ...and this may be tmi but i asked her to look at my hemrrhoid . which popped up last saturday, and she was shocked. It was thrombosed and she sent me right over to the general surgeon, and lanced it. Lets just say it's pretty painful at the moment. I cried when they injected the numbing medicine. It hurts worse than the c section ever did but I'm f lad it's dealt with and over, just have to heal now.m.but my god the pain....even with pain medicine it's bad. I'll post more pictures of Noah soon, I promise. :)

BabyFetus Ticker

Pumpkinface111291

Reply by AnnabelleT » May. 27, 2017 2:01am

Ouch Pumpkin that sounds really painful! Hopefully it heals fast but I imagine it definitely won't be comfortable for a few days. I'm worried about getting hemorrhoids as I've had lots of friends who have during pregnancy and birth.

Since my last diabetes appt and insulin increase my BGLs have improved and stayed in desired range.
Still thinking I may go early as Braxton hicks contractions are increasing and I'm feeling lots of pelvic pressure.but it could be wishful thinking on my part.

Kerzie, love your Häagen-Dazs ice cream plan post delivery. I've bought a block of Whittakers toffee milk chocolate to take to the hospital with me. My older son gave me a huge box of 60 Lindour Lindt chocolate balls for my birthday in April which I've hidden away with a Pineapple Lump Easter egg from my husband. I'm looking forward to being able to eat a custard square or something equally sugar laden.
Though a friend who's had gestational diabetes said it took 3 days for her BGLs to normalize post birth.

Well I look forward to seeing who's next to have their little one

User Image

AnnabelleT

Reply by AnnabelleT » May. 28, 2017 7:47am

Hey Kerzie, hope your weekend in hospital having the steroids is going well and not messing with your BGLs.
Not long till you get to meet your new little boy. I'm so excited for you and look forward to hearing how everything goes.
Take care and know I'm thinking about you xx

AnnabelleT