Pregnancy Discussion Forum

Recent Forum Activity
Forum Categories
Start a New Topic Hide Signatures

June 2017 babies! - Page 16

Replies (313)

Reply by AnnabelleT » Jul. 1, 2017 6:11pm

Way to go Danielle! Congrats on the arrival of Kyler. You sound like you did amazing and what a cool name.
Hope you're getting some rest but it's always nice to be back at home.
What does your older son think of his new baby brother?

How's things going with your sister? Sounds like a lot of what she's doing is for attention. But I guess it is better to treat it seriously and as a cry for help than ignore it. Hoping things aren't too stressful and that your folks are getting to enjoy their new grandson as I imagine they will be so concerned about your sister.
Take card and looking forward to seeing pics of Kyler xx

AnnabelleT

Reply by countdown_please » Jul. 2, 2017 1:18pm

Hi there! Good luck! I am currently trying myself and I know you'll find others!

countdown_please

Reply by Pumpkinface111291 » Jul. 2, 2017 1:19pm

Hello ladies,

So glad everyone is doing well! Sorry to hear about your sister Danielle, hopefully she gets the help she needs. Also, congrats on your new bundle of joy! Isn't it strange we all had son's? Lol seems like June was the month for boys lol.

Kerzie- haven't heard from you in a while, hope everything's going good.

Annabelle- I'm glad your little one didnt get his older brother cold.

Pumpkinface111291

Reply by Pumpkinface111291 » Jul. 24, 2017 12:12pm

I hope everyone is doing well!

Pumpkinface111291

Reply by danielle664 » Jul. 25, 2017 7:48pm

Sorry it's been crazy busy here! My sister is out of the hospital and things seem to be going good now. She does get counselling and that's all I really know. I don't talk much about it with her but I'm sure my parents are doing the best they can to talk with her and continue talking.

My 3 year old doesn't really have much to do with his baby brother yet lol. But he's been acting out more and trying to act more independent now and mealtimes are the worst right now! Also getting him to use the potty if we have to go somewhere or if it's been a few hours is also really bad. He refuses everything. And I don't have the time on my hands to get up from breastfeeding to put him on the potty at the last second so he doesn't pee himself. He's starting to learn how to pull his own pants down and do it himself.

Baby and I are doing well. He's over 8lbs now so he's gaining like crazy! How is everyone else doing?

danielle664

Reply by AnnabelleT » Jul. 25, 2017 11:44pm

Hi ladies

Lovely to hear from you both.
Great to hear your sister is doing ok Danielle. Wow your wee guy is doing well with his weight gains. I definitely know what you mean about your 3 yr old acting out and becoming independent.

My nearly 3 yr old is doing the same. He's totally regressed in the potty training and more often than not leaves it too late and some days we've had 4 - 5 changes of clothes. I've got him back in nappies at the moment. Though he's been really gentle and loving towards Wyatt and kisses him and gets me nappies or my drink bottle and wants to help all the time. I feel sorry for him as the days he's here and not at daycare he really only gets to watch movies or tv as most of my days is taken up with Wyatt.

We've had a few hiccups in the breastfeeding department as the gestational diabetes and being on insulin made my milk really slow to come in and I have low supply no matter what herbal supplements, breastfeeding teas, lactation cookies I try. I drink nearly 3 litres of water a day but nothing seem to help. I'm trying to express in between feeds to increase my supply and use what I pump as a top up but Wyatt's sleep is erratic and he's not great at taking the bottle and chokes even with the slow flow teat.
I literally spend most of the day breastfeeding and a huge chunk of the night. He is putting on weight now though but it took a while to get him back up to birth weight. Last week he weighted 4.4 kg or 9lbs 7 oz. He's 7 weeks today and had his first round of immunizations last week.

Has anyone heard from Kerzie?

Well it was really great to hear from you both. Take care and hope you're having a lovely summer. We're supposed to get snow tomorrow but the weather seems really mild today.

AnnabelleT

Reply by Pumpkinface111291 » Jul. 27, 2017 12:40am

Glad to hear from you guys and happy to know you're both doing well, at Noah's last appointment, about 2.5wks ago,he weighed 11lbs, 1oz , he's also got a bad cough and has to do breathing treatments, we go back to the doctor in the 31st so we'll see what They say is the next step if it doesn't start get5ing better.I've also started a new job, so I'm exhausted. I haven't heard from Kerzie either, I'm starting to get worried.

Pumpkinface111291

Reply by danielle664 » Jul. 30, 2017 3:33am

Annabelle: I've been having the totally opposite problem you have been having! My boobs are always sore and engorged and my let down is so fast my poor little guy cant keep up! He doesn't take the bottle too well yet either. Tried a few and they are either too slow or way too fast and he sucks air a lot and gets frustrated with them. He does get frustrated once in awhile breastfeeding as well. But I think he's learning to slow down during letdown or he coughs and chokes. I'm having the problem where he always wants to be held! I can't get anything done because most of the time he wants to be held. I have a few carriers I use occasionally but they all hurt my back after a bit.

Pumpkinface: hope your little guy feels better soon!

danielle664

Reply by Kerzie » Aug. 5, 2017 6:04pm

Hi all,
Sorry I've disappeared for so long, things went a bit wrong for me but we are both doing well now. They had some problems getting the baby out of me during the section (my whole tummy was bruised) and still not sure what they did but he started having small seizures and had to go into special care. The only time I would sleep was when steve visited so he could hold him and make sure he was ok. His eyes would roll back and he would shake a bit and struggle to breathe. The last few weeks at home have been hard, it's been hard trusting that the fits are gone and like Danielle he won't settle out of my arms. I've been having health problems due to the stress but hopefully it will get better soon. Is anyone else still bleeding?
I'm so glad everyone is ok, congratulations!!!!

Nearly forgot, his name is Rhain.

Kerzie

Reply by AnnabelleT » Aug. 6, 2017 1:55am

Oh Kenzie, I'm so so sorry you and Rhain have had such a awful time. That must have been so incredibly scary and stressful. I really hope and pray that you're over the worst and things continue to improve. Love his name too. I definitely bled for longer this time around (6 weeks) I was surprised with it being a c section as with my 2 normal births I only bled for 2 weeks with each of them.
Ooh Kerzie what did Rhain weigh? And what day did he arrive?

Danielle you're so lucky having such a awesome supply. And I know what you mean about baby wanting to be held all the time, Wyatt is like that too.

Pumpkin hope Noah is getting better, it's so horrible when they're struggling to breath and have a cough. I'm super impressed you can get to work with 2 kids and a newborn. I barely get out of the house with both of him. Though it's icy cold with most mornings in the minus degrees with heavy frosts.

Finally this week I'm feeling like I have a decent milk supply, it's taken 8 weeks of taking multiple herbal supplements and trying to pump (when I can actually get Wyatt to sleep)

It's great to hear from everyone.

AnnabelleT

Reply by Pumpkinface111291 » Aug. 7, 2017 5:07pm

Kerzie, omg I'm so sorry you to go through that, but I'm glad you're both doing better now. They bruised Noah pretty good too when they dug him out and his cord was wrapped round his neck. I can't even imagine what you went through.

Afm, now they're saying he's coughing due to excess drool and that his lungs sound great, so Idk what to think. My oldest started school today. And working isn't too bad, I work from 6am to 2p.m. so while the mornings are rough but it's not too bad. And Emma doesn't get out of school til 3pm

I hope you all continue to do well!

Pumpkinface111291

Reply by danielle664 » Aug. 8, 2017 1:18am

Kerzie: I'm sorry you had to go through that! I hope things get better for the two of you! I finished bleeding at about 4 weeks postpartum. I didn't bleed as much this time around than with my 1st I think it's because with my 1st I had to get a couple stitches down there where with this one I didn't need any.

danielle664

Reply by Loris201 » 38 weeks ago

Hey. I'm sorry that you have cold problems and cough. Coughing is as inevitable as changing the season, even in the healthiest children. But when several days of coughing stretch for a week or two.
For me, one of the most popular medicines involves rubbing the ointment with menthol on the foot of the nose and your baby's chest at night, covering the warm towel for 30 seconds and repeating it several times. Although this sounds strange, some parents swear that they come in the morning, wearing a cough is a distant memory. But is this magic balsam really all that stands between your child and a clean health record?
 Although there is no harm in smeared on the soles of the feet and wrap them in a warm towel, couples should move on to inhale. Instead, for maximum effectiveness, experts recommend massaging it on your child's chest, where he can smell menthol from a safe distance. Balsam can also give some relief from cough caused by a viral infection.
But till now at an ointment only tussis. Cough is a symptom of a more serious problem, so true relief will occur as soon as your pediatrician identifies the underlying problem and treats her accordingly. Seasonal allergies, inflammation, viral infections or bacterial infections are just some of the possible criminals. Good luck with your health.

Loris201