Pregnancy Discussion Forum

Recent Forum Activity
Forum Categories
Start a New Topic Hide Signatures

Anyone 40 or over and pregnant?

Category: General - Pregnancy Buddies/Groups
Posted by drewsmum3 » May. 29, 2013 1:59am

I just turned 40 in early May and my dh and I have been ttc for baby #2 since the fall of 2011. We have suffered 5 miscarriages and I was close to giving up. I am 7 weeks pregnant today and I haven't shared anything with anyone just yet. I would love to hear from other expecting moms in their 40's.

drewsmum3

Replies (9)

Reply by bloominggirl » May. 29, 2013 3:59am

Im 44 and 33 weeks with baby #8. Pregnancy in the 40s is definitely different! Enjoy and be blessed!

bloominggirl

Reply by cjpalaska » May. 29, 2013 12:41pm

Hi there! Congratulations! I am not 40 yet.... but close.... I am 38! It took us 2 years and infertility treatments to get our first little girl last year and then we got pregnant on our own this time! I hope this pregnancy goes smoothly for you! I am just more tired this time around.... but I have a 1 year old to chase around the house!

cjpalaska

Reply by waitin4rainbow » May. 30, 2013 5:22pm

I just recently turned 40. We tried for 2+ years, had some losses, also discovered that fibroid was blocking my both tubes, so I had to undergo surgery...and it was a long journey to this point.
I am still worried and scared about the outcome and didn't share with others.
It will be the the first one for dh, our first together, we are very excited and praying for the best.

waitin4rainbow

Reply by hopefulat40 » May. 31, 2013 2:40am

41 and just had a beautiful baby boy! :) Congratulations Mama!!!

T

hopefulat40

Reply by dmartin65 » May. 31, 2013 9:01pm

I am 42 and have a 4 month old, beautiful baby girl. Age is not a factor. Hopeful and I were pregnant at the same time. Congratulations ladies!!!!!

dmartin65

Reply by drewsmum3 » Jun. 3, 2013 12:37am

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the well wishes and replying. I had my first ultrasound last Tuesday and I got to see the heart beat. With my m/cs I never got to this point. Things are going well, minus the nausea. I never really have much desire to eat anything which is so unusual for me.

Hitting the hay soon but just logged in and wanted to reply to each of you. I'll "follow" each of you as well, so I know who to check up on and reach out to:).

Bloomingirl: My oh my!! #8, I love it!! Congrats! I'm wondering if it's the energy level that makes it so different this time. I had my little boy at age 36 and I know I'm more nauseaous at this stage of the game but I'm not sure what else is different.

Cjpalaska: Congratulations! How exciting a year after your little girl and you are expecting #2! Could #3 be next year? Seriously though, that's great news that you didn't have to go through more treatments and disappointment this time around.

waitin4rainbow: I completely understand not sharing. How are you feeling? I was never this nauseaous with any of my m/cs - I guess I should be embracing it:). Baby dust to you . . .

Hopefulat40: I'm so happy that we've reconnected!
Even though I only know you through these forums, I always felt a strong, calm and confident vibe through your words. When I saw you gave birth in February it gave me hope:).

dmartin65: Congratulations on your baby girl! And thanks for the encouragement. Reading all of these replies is inspirational.

Xo

drewsmum3

Reply by waitin4rainbow » Jun. 3, 2013 1:18pm

I can sign everything you wrote - it's like you described my current condition.
I am very nauseaus, I didn't feel like that with my mc, I do crave unusual foods, and I am so exhausted.
The same about u/s and heartbeat - I had it on May 20th, when I was 7wks 5 d and saw baby moving with HB 148! Again, I never got to this point with my mc.
Hope things go well for everyone here!

waitin4rainbow

Reply by essemkay » Jun. 19, 2013 1:25am

I'm newly 45 and 6 weeks pregnant. Crossing everything that this pregnancy sticks and that baby has no chromosomal issues.

Best wishes to us all! :)

essemkay

Reply by Kittyrugs » Jun. 19, 2013 11:13pm

Hello ladies, I'm 41 years young and 6 weeks pregnant. Hoping that lightening doesn't strike twice and this baby is clear of T21 and heart problems.

Kittyrugs