Pregnancy Discussion Forum

Recent Forum Activity
Forum Categories
Start a New Topic Hide Signatures

September 2017

Category: Due Date Clubs - September
Posted by Squishybean » Jan. 16, 2017 7:56pm

Hi everyone,
I am super excited but also very nervous to be expecting my first child at 34. I can't see a September 2017 topic so I thought I would create one and encourage all September mums to say hello and share symptoms, fears and excitement!
At the moment I feel fine, just a little tired and my first symptom was a new montgomery gland and a dry mouth. I am dreading morning sickness and hope to avoid it!
Just wanted to say hi and wish you all a happy and healthy pregnancy. I hope we can share the journey!
SquishyBean xxx

Squishybean

Replies (78)

Reply by Noodlebug16 » Jan. 19, 2017 10:43pm

Hiya & congratulations!

I found out just 2 days ago I am pregnant with my first child after ttc for 20months. My expected due date is 25th September, super excited. Just waiting for the midwife to call me to arrange my first appointment.

Had a few cramps here and there that only last a few minutes and I am already feeling nauseous!

Noodlebug16 xx

Noodlebug16

Reply by mommastrange92 » Jan. 20, 2017 6:31pm

Hi Ladies! Me and Dh found out on Christmas Eve that our little one is due Sept 1. I'm 8 weeks and already morning sickness is a pain the butt! Good luck to all the September Moms!

mommastrange92

Reply by Meghan83 » Jan. 22, 2017 6:08pm

Hi ladies and congrats to you all! Got my BFP this morning with EDD of September 30. So happy to be joining you here! (I may very well have an October baby, but only time will tell!)

MommaStrange92, good to see you again! :) I remember you from Countdown To Pregnancy. Sorry the morning sickness has you down, but at least it's a constant reminder your little one is thriving!

Noodlebug16, you and I are very close in cycles! I will be going with a midwife as well. I met her at 3DPO so I will probably give her a call tomorrow to tell her the good news and set up our first appointment!

SquishyBean, when is your EDD?

Meghan83

Reply by ourlovingfamily » Jan. 23, 2017 5:14am

Hi Ladies! Congrats to everyone. Won't promise to be super active with 2 busy boys running around and a small job. I'm admitting what Hun already knew, we are expecting our 3rd in late September.

I wish everyone well and look forward to travelling this journey with others!

My previous pregnancies had me down hard in the first trimester. Crossing my fingers it won't be so bad this time around since there's so much going on, but who knows.

I'm sure this will be an interesting, fun, tiring, and joyful journey! :)

ourlovingfamily

Reply by mommastrange92 » Jan. 25, 2017 8:15pm

@Meghan83 It's so nice to see you again! I'm so glad you got your bfp, i can't wait to see more from Ctp joining us :)

Afm : Saw the midwife couple days ago and she suggested B6 twice a day for morning sickness. I'm happy to say that i haven't been sick once after taking it! I still get a little nauseous if i wait to long to eat, but it seems like i've gotten through the worst of the morning sickness. We got to see our little peanut on the hand-held U/S and the heartbeat was beating away it was really something to see! I go back next week for a full U/S and follow up i can't wait!

mommastrange92

Reply by Meghan83 » Jan. 27, 2017 7:29pm

@mommastrange92, that's awesome you got to see the heartbeat, it must be an amazing feeling!!!

Do you remember when your morning sickness started? I get a little woozy if I wait too long to eat, and a couple foods haven't seemed to sit well, but not really what I could call nausea yet (maybe just too early, I'm 5w tomorrow). How many mg of B-6 are you taking? I noticed that my prenatal has 20mg so I'm wondering if that will be enough to keep the nausea away?

Meghan83

Reply by Squishybean » Jan. 27, 2017 7:51pm

Congratulations everyone! So far I'm not having any significant symptoms - just heavy boobs! So grateful everything is calm - I have been told symptoms start around 8 weeks for some people??

It's nice to meet you all and I hope we can share our journey together

Squishybean

Reply by AllysonW2016 » Jan. 27, 2017 7:59pm

Hey all! I am from Countdown to Pregnancy, and moved here over after I received my BFP. My EDD is 10/03/2017.
So blessed to be able to be a part of this group
xoxo

AllysonW2016

Reply by mommastrange92 » Jan. 29, 2017 8:08pm

@Meghan83 She has me taking 25mg twice a day, and it seems to be working well. My symptoms started around 6.5 weeks and got a little worse around 8 weeks. I'm 9.2 weeks today and most sickness is almost gone completely and that leaves me with sore and heavy boobs lol. I'd say if the prenatals don't work you can buy a bottle at walmart for like $3.00 and cut them into 1/4. Talk to your obgyn or midwife first but this was just a more natural way for me before trying a prescription.

Afm: Almost all morning sickness is gone which means i'm able to eat more. I've found that most foods with strong smells i avoid like the plague lol I've been experiencing round ligament pain, it'll start in my lower stomach and branch out to my hips for a few seconds. It happened quite a bit a couple days ago.

@AllysonW2016 Congrats on your Bfp! So glad to see you in the group i love seeing new people and hearing about their stories as we all navigate through the crazy world of pregnancy XD

mommastrange92

Reply by ourlovingfamily » Jan. 31, 2017 5:17am

Just a quick update Ladies! I hope everyone is well and things are moving along smoothly!

So far I've had. A few bouts of nausea, but mostly I've been feeling great lately. Definitely have to go to the bathroom a ton and also some headaches here and there. I'm going to keep my finger crossed that I don't get too bad sick... Usually it starts for me in the next week (I'll be 7 weeks Wed), so we'll see. There's some new things happening at work, so I definitely don't want those to start right as sickness kicks in heavy.

Lately, I've also been pretty good about taking my vitamins every night. I take a good Women's from Vitamin Shoppe, alfalfa, and an omega (flax because I'm allergic to fish). Seems the vitamins are really helping this time around, too.

@mommastrange The B certainly can help. I know my midwife always recommends me take it and when I'm consistent I feel a little better, but when I'm not things are awful.

Congrats to the new members!

ourlovingfamily

Reply by ourlovingfamily » Feb. 1, 2017 6:28am

I know I just posted yesterday, but I need to share so I can let it go for a bit.

Still feeling OK, a bout of nausea tonight and needed to lay down for a few minutes. I'd been up washing dishes and talking with DH so I think there was a bit of being hot and exertion there. Still having a stuff nose either most of the day or off and on at different times of the day.

Anyway, this evening (a few hours before the nausea), I noticed a bit of spotting when I went to the bathroom (again lol). It seems to be very slight and is pinkish or brownish. I know this can be normal but didn't have spotting with my previous 2 pregnancies, so has me a little worried. Also, overall I still feel pretty good this pregnancy so it's just overall different.

I haven't had any cramping, sharp pains, or backache which can all be signs of miscarriage.

Im wondering if anyone else has had any spotting in this or previous pregnancies and how you dealt with it? Or if you have any ideas to help me not stress about it. TIA

ourlovingfamily

Reply by Meghan83 » Feb. 4, 2017 5:30pm

Ourlovingfamily, any updates? It sounds like it is probably routine, nothing to worry about, but of course any one of us would not be able to help but worry either. I have no experience with this being my first pregnancy, but I have read that spotting without pain is nothing to worry about unless it goes on for like a week straight. Have other symptoms picked up this week?

How is everyone doing?

AFM- six weeks today and feeling queasy most of the time, hungry but not much sounds good to eat.

Meghan83

Reply by Squishybean » Feb. 4, 2017 6:35pm

Hi everyone,

Hope you're all doing ok.

Just thought would drop in and say i'm at 7 weeks 5 days now and not had many symptoms at all except for feeling a bit tired and boobs are very slightly achey. First prenatal appointment on Tuesday. I'm looking forward to some reassurance.

I hope everyone is well and welcome and congrats to new members :) xx

Squishybean

Reply by ourlovingfamily » Feb. 5, 2017 7:19am

@Meghan Thanks for the positive response. Unfortunately, we lost our baby today. We're all sad about it, even as we accept the loss and understand these things happen.

We're blessed with 2 wonderful boys, so we relish in that right now.

On another note, I do hope everyone's pregnancy goes well and the morning sickness subsides for each of you soon enough :)

ourlovingfamily

Reply by mommastrange92 » Feb. 5, 2017 7:13pm

@ourlovingfamily I'm so sorry to hear that :( It's always rough to hear when that happens and you know it's 10x harder for family. If you need to talk, vent, grieve just know we're always here to listen.

Afm: I have a dr. appointment tomorrow because we had to reschedule the last one, this time we'll be getting our first u/s picture to see how much our little one has grown!

mommastrange92

Reply by Meghan83 » Feb. 5, 2017 7:49pm

Ourlovingfamily, I'm so sorry. I guess your intuition was correct when something didn't seem right. I'm sure that doesn't make it any easier. Hold those boys tight. Sending love

Meghan83

Reply by mommastrange92 » Feb. 11, 2017 8:05pm

We had our u/s yesterday at 11wks and our LO has gotten so big! So nausea and and morning sickness are all gone but i am so hungry all the time lol And i've found that i can stand eggs again, but garlic is still a no for right now. I haven't really been craving anything specific yet, but i still have a little while before that happens. So ladies what have all of you been up to? How have your pregnancies been going?

mommastrange92

Reply by Squishybean » Feb. 11, 2017 10:50pm

I am so sorry to hear of your loss Ourlovingfamily. My thoughts and prayers are with you xxx

Squishybean

Reply by Meghan83 » Feb. 13, 2017 6:30pm

SquishyBean...how did your appointment go last week?!

Mommastrange92, I saw your US pic, yayyy how wonderful and reassuring! Did your morning sickness go away just because of the B6 you are/were taking, or is there a certain point you reached when it disappeared on its own?

I'm asking because, I had some pretty crappy morning sickness (no vomiting just nausea and aversions to most things I normally eat). It started just after 5 week mark, but only lasted 8 or 9 days. At 6w3d, I suddenly felt much better and have been able to eat some healthier things. I'm super into eating fruits, esp sour ones like green grapes and kiwis, and can sneak spinach into fruit/yogurt smoothies. So, I'm wondering if I'm feeling better because I found some healthy foods I can deal with, or because I'm just lucky and only had a short window of sickness...or worst of all, because something went wrong?! I know I should count myself lucky, but I can't help but wonder. I have my first appointment on Friday, but my midwife doesn't do ultrasounds and it's too early for the Doppler to pick up a heartbeat. So I will just have to be patient. I do still have very tender enlarged breasts and some other symptoms. But I f anyone has any reassuring stories to share, that would be great!

Meghan83

Reply by Squishybean » Feb. 13, 2017 7:35pm

Hi Meghan83,

Aw try not to worry about the nausea/sickness going away - your body may have just acclimatised to the rising hcg plus the healthy foods with their vitamins may be helping too. I am lucky that I haven't had any sickness but I have spent a long time worrying about the lack of it. I just think everyone is different and symptoms come and go so try and relax :-) To be honest though did book a private scan which showed the heartbeat and the baby measured just one day smaller than my estimated 7 week 4 days last week so that reassured me. You could look at early private scans if it will reassure you?

My actual first prenatal appointment took a long time, lots of questions and blood tests, blood pressure, weight and height took. It was reassuring to get so much information and I was told to stop googling - unfortunately we all know how hard this is.

I am just trying to relax and enjoy each day as much as I can. I am starting t feel pulling feelings in my stomach now which is really weird but comforting.

I hope everyone is well and not feeling too sick xxx

Squishybean