Pregnancy Discussion Forum

Recent Forum Activity
Forum Categories
Start a New Topic Hide Signatures

September 2017 - Page 3

Replies (78)

Reply by Squishybean » Apr. 19, 2017 7:43pm

Hi everyone,

....so we had our gender scan and we are having a boy :-) The Chinese predictor was correct for me too and I did some gypsy one too that said boy too! I have already bought about 10 outfits for him already - I need to slow down as my money needs to last, especially when I go on maternity pay!

Congrats Momma on your baby girl! Do we have any more gender reveals? I don't think I could have waited to find out. We can get started on the nursery soon - I think we are going for a safari theme.

How is everyone feeling? I'm ok but feeling a bit tired and get full really quickly when I try and eat a big meal. I used to be able to eat so much more yet I am getting so fat everywhere- face, arms, legs AND stomach.

The flutters havent really progressed much yet - maybe I just had wind before? I hope to feel them very soon and kicks. I'm 17 weeks today xxx

Squishybean

Reply by mommastrange92 » Apr. 25, 2017 4:33pm

Hi all, I've been feeling very tired lately I think the second trimester energy burst is finally over lol Looks like our lil girl is getting more and more active. Last night I swear she was trying to kick her way out XD Would not let mom sleep for anything! Seems like I have a muscle that won't relax today, it's tight and very sore hoping that moving around will work out.

@Squishybean: glad to hear tour having a boy! You must be so excited! It looks like the gender predictor was pretty accurate for us both lol I know the feeling, when I found out we we're having a girl I wanted load up the cart with anything that had ruffles XD

mommastrange92

Reply by piglett1983 » May. 13, 2017 3:19pm

finally had my ultrasound thursaday and did the reveal last night i am having boy also found out i have a low placenta have to have another ultrasound next month

piglett1983

Reply by Squishybean » May. 18, 2017 9:30pm

Hi Momma and Piglett and all mummies to be,

How are the kicks coming along Momma? i am now feeling my little one periodically. I love feeling him move. I had my 20 week scan last week and he was jiggling everywhere but I didnt feel anything so I was reassured that he is moving but sometimes I just cant feel him. I have an anterior placenta also so that cushions some of the blows!

Piglett - congrats on your little boy! I hope your placenta moves up by next ultrasound. I have read that they tend to move up so fingers crossed you will be fine.

In general I feel well apart from a recent chest infection. I do seem to be getting regular heartburn now though which isnt unbearable but a bit of a nuisance! Bump is growing nicely now and enjoying showing it off :)

Take care all and enjoy your pregnancies xxx

Squishybean

Reply by mommastrange92 » May. 19, 2017 6:53pm

@Squishybean She's been kicking, flipping, stretching you name it lol A lot of the time it's like she's remodeling. Heartburn isn't a constant for me either but does rear it's ugly head every now and then. I also have an anterior placenta so it probably took another week before I could really feel her every day. And now she just won't stop XD

AFM: I'm at that stage in pregnancy where no position is comfortable and my pregnancy pillow doesn't help and I constantly feel like I'm on fire. I have another appointment on the 25th I have a feeling it's for the blood glucose test and having a risk of diabetes in my family I have feeling they'll make me take the 3hr one -_-. Belly button hasn't popped out yet surprisingly, I'm small in frame so I'm taking longer grow I guess even though they keep telling me she's a big baby lol

mommastrange92

Reply by mommastrange92 » May. 27, 2017 4:22pm

Went to the Dr a couple days ago for a check up, everything check out alright. She's growing just fine and her heartbeat is still strong at 147bpm. So was told that at my next appointment I'd have to the glucose test which I hear is sooo fun -_-. But at least I only have to do the one hour test and here the stuff they make you drink taste like flat Sunkist so I guess it could be worse.

mommastrange92

Reply by mommastrange92 » Jun. 6, 2017 6:33pm

So had a fall today, thankfully it was on my butt. My back and hips are pretty sore though lol At labor/delivery being monitored. The fall started some mini contractions so they're waiting to see they'll stop on own or if they're to have to stop them themselves. Will update later if anything changes.

mommastrange92

Reply by Squishybean » Jun. 7, 2017 7:34pm

sending you lots of hugs and best wishes Momma. I hope everything is well with you and your little one. Let us know how you are xxx

Squishybean

Reply by mommastrange92 » Jun. 9, 2017 5:22am

So everything went well I had to stay over night since the contractions didn't want stop. Went through some very irritating test but I got released the next morning. So now I'm just sore and dealing with my babies wrath since all the test made her so mad XD.

mommastrange92

Reply by Meghan83 » Jun. 9, 2017 12:41pm

Oh no MommaStrange, sorry you had to go through that! I'm glad you are okay now though, after surely a stressful night for both you and baby girl.

AFM, sorry I haven't been checking in lately. Not much to report- still feeling really good except two days while on vacation where baby must have gotten into a weird position right on my bladder. I had such urgency to pee almost immediately after going (not exaggerating like 5-10 minutes later but of course barely anything would come out), and my bladder started to get sore. I am sharing in case someone else has a similar experience. I tried some inverted positions (hanging off bed upside down, etc) to get baby off the bladder and it worked! So the discomfort lasted only a short time and was purely physical- not a sign of a serious problem thank goodness! Of course if this happens to anyone and doesn't go away, you would probably want to get urine tested to rule out a bladder infection. Sorry for the long explanation!

One big milestone is that I'm finally feeling consistent kicks, and this past Sunday DH and I could now feel them from the outside! 24 weeks tomorrow :)

Hope everyone else is doing well too!

Meghan83

Reply by mommastrange92 » Jun. 26, 2017 8:22pm

It's been awhile since I checked in lol not much to report I've made it to the 30wk mark yay right now sleep is very much hard to get, no position is comfortable unfortunately even with lots pillows/pregnancy pillow got some bass news today my fav midwife is leaving for California the first week of August so she won't be there for the delivery. Good news is that baby girl is still measuring 2 days ahead we're getting close! I hope everything is going smoothly for us all!

mommastrange92

Reply by piglett1983 » Jul. 11, 2017 3:58pm

had another ultra sound yesterday placenta still hasnt moved which isnt good i might have to have a c-section i also have to have the 3hour glucose test because my levels were slightly over but the good thing is my blood pressure is down hope everyone else is doing good

piglett1983

Reply by Squishybean » Jul. 28, 2017 5:56pm

Hello everybody, I thought I would check in as not been on here for a while. I hope everyone is doing well. I am now just over 31 weeks and love showing off my bump. It is inhibiting me a bit now though -picking things up off the floor is so awkward and I'm tossing and turning in bed each night trying to ease my achey hips. I have ordered a body pillow so looking forward to using that for the last few weeks!

I have anemia so I'm on iron tablets which taste foul and they have bunged me up but apart from that I feel pretty good. Kicks are getting stronger now. Just trying too enjoy each day and not wish my quiet time away as I am quite nervous about the reality of becoming a parent! I just want to take everything a day at a time.

How is everyone doing? How have you found being pregnant? Enjoyable or awful?

Best wishes to all you September mums. Not long now - nearly in August!!

xxxx

Squishybean

Reply by mommastrange92 » Jul. 29, 2017 7:43pm

Hi everyone, haven't been lately due to all craziness going on. Right now I'm fighting off a uti and unfortunately it's been pretty painful. At 35wks now and baby girl is huge, midwife said to expect me mid/late August so I'm getting very close to popping lol I have one more baby shower to go to next week so now we're just trying to find room for all the things she's getting lol lots of first mom anxiety going around though so trying to work through that but all in all everything has gone by just fine how's everyone else doing?

mommastrange92

Reply by piglett1983 » Aug. 1, 2017 5:56pm

yeah 32 weeks tomorrow i cant wait till my baby boy is here been feeling tired alot but less stressed since last appointment got some good news that i might not have a c-section after all

piglett1983

Reply by mommastrange92 » Aug. 2, 2017 3:53pm

@piglette1983 that's great news! I hope it smooth sailing from here for you and baby boy and get some rest, because when these babies come that what we'll be craving the most lol

AFM: went back to the Dr turns out the first round of antibiotics didn't kill the uti so on another round hoping this will wipe it out for good. A week from today is my growth u/s can't wait to see baby girl again she feels like she's gotten so big

mommastrange92

Reply by piglett1983 » Aug. 15, 2017 2:14am

well i seen my regular doctor today and he wants me to have a c-section so instead of 6 weeks we will have a baby in 3 weeks i am so nervous about it. this will be the first time i am to have one plus the epidural in the back is scary to me hope everyone else is doing great

piglett1983

Reply by mommastrange92 » Aug. 15, 2017 2:50pm

@piglett1983 that does sound scary, but I'm sure your Dr and the nurses will try their best to make sure you and baby are as safe and comfortable as possible. :)

AFM: last week was my growth scan and BG is at 6.1lbs so if she were to come today she'd be perfectly fine. Hubby is betting she'll be close to 7lbs when she's born lol I've been feeling more tired lately and having more bowel movements (TMI sorry) so I think labor is getting closer. A little nervous now that it's getting closer that it's not too intense.

mommastrange92

Reply by Squishybean » Aug. 18, 2017 9:52pm

Hi Mummies to be,

Hope everyone is doing ok. Piglett just think you know the date you get to meet your little one now! I hope everything goes smoothly for you. Try to relax for the next couple of weeks. Momma that's so comforting to know that your little girl is thriving! Hopefully not long to wait now.

I'm feeling very tired today and baby appears to be breech - the heart rate was checked and found way above my belly button - he must have spun around! I have been to baby yoga and a couple of ante natal classes which were useful. Hopefully as I'm still less than 35 weeks baby will turn again and be head down. I would really like a water birth if possible.

3 weeks to go until maternity leave starts. I'm enjoying my last few weeks as much as I can. I know life will be very different in the near future so trying to grasp the last bit of normality as I know it and make the most of it.

Won't be long until we hear some amazing news in the group hopefully! I can't believe how quick the time has come and gone xxx

Squishybean

Reply by Meghan83 » Aug. 19, 2017 12:19pm

Good morning ladies,

It's been awhile since I checked in but always nice to see how you all are doing!

Piglett, sounds like you have been on a rollercoaster as to how your birth will go, that must be hard but hopefully you can make peace with it and hope you feel you can trust your doctors. If you have doubts, maybe get a second opinion!

MommaStrange, hope things have settled with your UTI. Increased BMs and a full size baby do sound promising, maybe you will be meeting your little one sooner than later! Can't wait to hear!

SquishyBean, best of luck flipping your baby back- plenty of time to do it! Have you chcecked out Spinning Babies? It's a website with lots of tips and daily activities you can do for getting your baby into a good position to help labor go as smoothly as possible. It's helped me form some good habits that I think have helped increase my comfort.

AFM, I think I've been very lucky overall with no major complications to report. I went home to Arizona for my shower at 30 weeks and my feet swelled that weekend (probably due to the heat), but thankfully that hasn't happened since and I'm 34 weeks today! My biggest discomfort that has been happening for about three weeks now is carpal tunnel syndrome. It's not dangerous but is uncomfortable and can be painful at night sometimes. Hard to believe there is only six weeks to go now!

I'll try to check in more often since some of us might be sharing some baby news any time now. Good luck to all!

Meghan83