Pregnancy Discussion Forum

Recent Forum Activity
Forum Categories
Start a New Topic Hide Signatures

wanna have my own baby via Su

Category: Special - Pregnant After a Loss
Posted by Laimamom » Mar. 9, 2017 12:13pm

My name is Laima, I’m from Estonia.
I’m new here, never used forums for chatting. We have a big problem, I don’t know what rightly to do.
I went through the hysterectomy because of uterine fibroids
We wanted to have a baby since we had married. You see we didn’t reach our aim yet.
My ovaries are still in good condition, I’m sure I can be stimulated. I’m here to find out more about surrogacy in Europe.
My husband was against my wish to ask about our issues on the forums, but I guess It can be useful. if i find necessary information i'll be able to urge him.
does anybody have the same issue? Can you share with your experience? I'll be absorbing all you may say. What do we need to do first of all?

Laimamom

Replies (84)

Reply by avanyyy » Mar. 9, 2017 12:35pm

Hi, sorry to hear about your problem. My knowledge about surrogacy is poor because I just applied for a de ivf but my clinic gave us an opportunity to move to a surrogacy in case we would fail this round. Honestly, I'm too tired of losses and I don't want to experience this one more time. My baby is 6 weeks old and I'm happy to realize that I will be a mother soon.
ps. our clinic is in europe, so if you have any questions I'm open to any of them.

avanyyy

Reply by Laimamom » Mar. 9, 2017 2:38pm

I madly wish you’d not! i wish you have a cloudless term, dear.
I’m coward and would have fears to try again after the losses, sometimes I feel too weak to fight with this. I have a wonderful strong husband, he is wiser than me, that’s normal.
Sorry for my lyrical digressions .
I hope your clinic isn’t in RF. I’ve got bad memories and associations to this country and medical treatments there. Does your clinic specialize on de reproductology? May I have a journey there if I want to undergo through surro on my own eggs (in case we get good-quality eggs)?

Laimamom

Reply by Gallawale » Mar. 10, 2017 10:00am

Hi! Why does your man forbid you to discuss your concerns on forums? He thinks that your mind can be changed in wrong way? Hah i'm sorry! as for your wish to try surrogacy what does he think?
I know that surrogacy is permitted in Russia near your location.

Gallawale

Reply by Laimamom » Mar. 10, 2017 10:27am

Hallo! He just wants me not to waste my 'golden' time. On his opinion the internet chatting is pointless pastime. Intuition prompts he’s mistaken this time.
We want to have our little baby. No, we are against to have a treatment in RF, I had bad memories related to treatment in this country, don’t want to say anything wrong maybe you have the otherimpressions. No claims generally as for Russia but I suppose we can find another country which would provide good medical assistance.

Laimamom

Reply by Gallawale » Mar. 10, 2017 11:10am

I do not insist on to choose Russia as the place for having your treatment. Exactly no! I had no experience there. I just wanted to make myself sure, I thought your countries have special trustful relations. I could be mistaken. So sorry you had bad memories.
Have you the same regarding Ukraine? is it ok to ask such? or no problem?

Gallawale

Reply by Laimamom » Mar. 10, 2017 12:19pm

Nothing about Ukraine except of few positive and couple of strange feedbacks. Exactly no problems.
It’s not about the relations between our countries, besides that I suppose they can hardly be on excellent level. Talk’s not about that. I had my surgery I don’t blame anyone, but sometimes seems they hastened to make their decision concerning the hysterectomy.

Laimamom

Reply by lilachiala » Mar. 10, 2017 12:51pm

I'm so sorry you had hysterectomy. It seems like every single complication or inflamation can become a reason for such surgery. It's so sad. Anyway, you're still trying to find another way, good for you! I think our stories have much in common, although my uterus is at its place. I have TS (turner syndrome), i think you don't know what it is. in few words, i can't become a mother on my own, only surrogacy. I'm now waiting for a child to be delivered by my SM, this must happen just in 3 months. It's been a long time coming but now we are so close to the end. If you are looking for surrogacy, you need to look for countries where it's legal:USA, Canada, Russia, Georgia, Cypres, Ukraine, Belarus. it's not the full list but these are the most popular places. You may find information about legislation regarding surrogacy in these countries and choose what is better for you. good luck x

lilachiala

Reply by Laimamom » Mar. 10, 2017 1:40pm

Thank you, and you should know I kindly envy you. Only in 3 months that’s great! If I even find my solution today, gather my thoughts and send a request to the clinic tomorrow, I will be at the same stage of expectation as you in a year and half in the best case. I just have felt a fear of the time lost. I think we wouldn’t use the overseas options I mean Canada and the USA, I don’t think that quality of their treatment is much better that European but I’m sure the prices for their service are higher than the skyscraper. Your experience is very important to me, please> don’t leave this page. how did you make your choice? did you find your variant from the list?

Laimamom

Reply by lilachiala » Mar. 10, 2017 2:06pm

oh, i've been through this eternal waiting, I know what you mean. actually it took us a bit more than 9 months and 3 are ahead, so a little longer than a year since we signed a contract. North American fertility centers offer expensive programs in comparison to European ones.
first of all, if you want to be stimulated and you are sure you are healthy, it's not enough. your doctor must tell you if it's really so, you see some things you don't even know about may be on your way . you must be 100% sure. then you need to decide upon clinic asap to avoid longer waiting. I am with Ukrainian clinic Biotexcom. you may find important information on their website. I'm satidfied with everything. I ttc for more than 5 years with no result and surrogacy was meant to be the last resort...now only 3 months, i just can't wait

lilachiala

Reply by Laimamom » Mar. 10, 2017 3:23pm

Thank very much! It was useful to find out the name of the real clinic. I’ll surely visit their website. Even don’t know what the question better to ask first of all… what was the most difficult period during your program? What should we avoid?
If it’s possible can you describe how everything goes at beginning?

Laimamom

Reply by Gallawale » Mar. 14, 2017 12:15pm

Perhaps you are right everything could be different, but what can we say now? Nobody can change the past we are to live through current events and cope with this.
As I said I had no treatment in Russia, my journey had place in Ukraine, but anyway I didn’t want to affect your opinion. I thought there was the similar legislation concerning to surrogacy in these countries. How is your husband attitude? Is he still disagreed to get advices?

Gallawale

Reply by Laimamom » Mar. 14, 2017 12:23pm

Yup. I try not to allow myself to resurrect my memories and claims. i’m not going to be angry the rest of my life. I look far at the future and there I’m happy playing with my kids.
I’m not good in abroad laws, as well as in native ones. Better tell me about your clinic and kind of treatment you had there. Thnk in advance

Laimamom

Reply by lilachiala » Mar. 14, 2017 1:29pm

Laimamom
have you visited clinic's website? there are examples of its contracts and all the terms are quite transparent. 3 packages, different prices and a bit different services included. The most complicated period was at the very beginning. we didn't know much about the clinic and were afraid of everything, first of all we thought about being fooled. but when we came to Kiev we felt relief. we were met at the airport and accommodated in a nice room. then we were provided with a driver who took us to the clinic and back. Initial consultation went well, we got all information we needed, my hubby left his blood and sperm samples. and then began waiting. it's the most unpleasant part. you wait till they find a surrogate mother, then your egg donor should undergo a stimulation, then egg collection, fertilization, embryo transfer..and 2ww. We were very nervous. but when it became clear our surromom was pregnant it became a lil easier to wait till scans. after 3 months time flies to be honest. it seems to me our 12 week ultrasound was only a week ago.

lilachiala

Reply by Laimamom » Mar. 14, 2017 1:46pm

lilachiala
do you go through the de surro? You said you had been met at the airport. Met by who? How to schedule our arriving? Guess we have to be told of everything needed.
I’m a bit shocked by such amount of sudden information. Really I was very busy and couldn’t visit their site. I’m swearing I’ll do it tonight. I think it’s too wide thing to ask about general differences between types of the contracts. Better explain how have you chosen yours?

Laimamom

Reply by Gallawale » Mar. 14, 2017 2:04pm

I had a long way journey it lasted for more than 10 years. I used different methods and applied to plenty of clinics. I suppose you need to know about my last experience. Because I think it can be the most interesting and helpful to you. You are recommended to use surrogacy due to your inability to bear a child on your own. But having your healthy ovaries you may be stimulated in case there are no any contraindications after surgery. Our surrogacy program was performed and guaranteed by one famous Ukrainian clinic.
On this and on other forums you can find its name, biotexcom. Even can’t recall how we first had found out about this place. (maybe from magazine, maybe from people)
It would be easier if you ask separate questions.

Gallawale

Reply by lilachiala » Mar. 14, 2017 2:26pm

Laimamom
yes, its donor egg surrogacy. we were met by our coordinator, she spoke English and explained the details of our staying there. when you contact the clinic you'll get more information about your first visit, but only in case the are ready to take you into any of programs. it's okay but the sooner you start, the sooner you'll have your baby born and this decision is only yours.
all the packages are all inclusive, it means you'll have a place to live, food to eat, will be provided with a driver, interpreter, all medicals, consultations and medications will be free. but the main difference between economy pack and the others is that in case of something happens to a surrogate mother's pregnancy, clinic won't cover any expenses (unlike in stand and vip packs) and you need to pay a SM 6k euro compensation in case of miscarriage or abortion. If you have twins, additional payment is 3k in economy and standard packages. Type of package also influences on the place of accommodation, car, food and other little things.

lilachiala

Reply by Laimamom » Mar. 14, 2017 2:37pm

galawale
Separate questions are not the easiest way too. Hah. It always comes the first question is what to ask first of all. LOL if you think so that your last journey can be useful for my described case indeed I trust you.
Curiously how were you invited to come there? And how was the first meeting? The first questions that came to my mind.

Laimamom

Reply by Laimamom » Mar. 14, 2017 2:59pm

lilachiala
Thank you, dear! It seems a bit unclear in some details but I think it’s just because I try to study everything from one short message. You said that packages are different in their ‘components’ but what about the price difference among the packages?
What should we prepare before the visit to clinic?

Laimamom

Reply by lilachiala » Mar. 14, 2017 3:09pm

oh sorry, I forgot to mention that the prices are 30k for economy, 40k for standard and 50k for vip. as for me standard is the best among them if you can't afford the vip pack. i wouldn't risk to choose economy package, I'm afraid that if something happens i will spend much more then 10k .
Before the visit you need to contact its representative. you also need to send scans of papers like marriage certificate, passports and so on...and then you'll get a full list of what you need for the first visit

lilachiala

Reply by Gallawale » Mar. 14, 2017 3:16pm

We had a complete and detailed conversation with biotex manager who helped us to understand everything correctly. We didn’t spend a lot of time for talking and we defined a date for our visit. we asked when it would be better to arrive, and mentioned when it'd better to us.
Perhaps you are already aware that the clients are always met at the airport and provided with all necessary for good dwelling at the one of the clinics hotels or at the personal apartment. You shouldn’t be worried; their supplying service it works excellently.
You'll be tested and consulted during the first appointment. And your chances of success in supposed program will be predicted by the doctor.

Gallawale