Pregnancy Discussion Forum

Recent Forum Activity
Forum Categories
Start a New Topic Hide Signatures

2014 Mommy's-to-be! - Page 90

Replies (1840)

Reply by Cattsmeow » May. 16, 2014 10:41pm

My ob called me today with the results of my glucose screen and I PASSED!!!! Woot! However, I'm apparently anemic, so I have to take an iron supplement. Boo. But, that is one less thing on my list of worries. Had a growth scan with the high risk ob today. Brandt is measuring in at a whooping 3lbs 1oz, so they want me back on June 27th for one last growth scan. I'll be 34 weeks then, so I guess we're basing the need for a csection on that scan. But yea. Things are going good. 28 weeks today! Almost there!

A 10/31/2006
T 4/22/2010
A&J 9/21/2013
B 8/01/2014
V 11/17/2015

Cattsmeow

Reply by MamaKB18 » May. 29, 2014 2:23am

Well at Kimilynne's 2 month check up the Dr noticed her left hip is loose so she is having an ultrasound on Monday to see if she needs to be in a sort of brace :( Praying everything is ok!!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

MamaKB18

Reply by Chestnutroast » May. 29, 2014 9:58am

Well i thought i had tonsilitis last time i wrote on here but it went before turning into anything.
8wks 1day now and still bloated but not as much as i had been. I've got to grips with my blood sugar i think. I need to eat carbs alot and every hr or 2 to stay well.
I saw someone write about the immune system being low. I know this thought i got the cold from my 3 yr old who lovingly brought it home and infected us all with it and i though i had tonsileitis because i had a sorr troat and red tonsile as the last time i had a cold it caused tonsitis, sadly it runs in the family. My son had his out causeche was ill every 3 weeks with a cold then tonsilitis which i didn't know at the time was caused by the tonsiles taking on the virus.

Chestnutroast

Reply by MamaKB18 » Jun. 4, 2014 1:25am

Well at her ultrasound of her hips the Dr said they looked good but he would have to measure her scans to be sure and send the report to her pediatrician who would call me. So I got my hopes up and figured she was in the clear. Well no. The Dr called and said she has hip dysplasia and I need to double diaper her until her appt with the pediatric orthopedic surgeon on Thursday :(

MamaKB18

Reply by A.Rich82 » Jun. 7, 2014 1:58am

@mamak so sorry to hear that hope she will be ok!

Sorry I've been Mia ladies haven't been very well.

A.Rich82

Reply by MamaKB18 » Jun. 7, 2014 2:17am

Arich: whats wrong hun?

afm: Ortho doc said no hip dysplasia. Said her hips are in their sockets and he isnt going to harness her over measurements on a US picture being a teeny tiny bit off. He will see us in 3 months for an xray to be sure and then again at a year old.

MamaKB18

Reply by Cattsmeow » Jun. 7, 2014 2:23am

@Arich- Hope you get to feeling better soon!

@MamaK- Glad there's no hip dysplasia!

Afm, 31 weeks today!! Holy crow, where has this pregnancy gone??

Cattsmeow

Reply by love2laugh » Jun. 7, 2014 3:06am

Wow it has been FOREVER since I've been on here! Glad to see pregnancies are going well and babies are getting bigger! Can't believe my baby boy is three months old already!! Time goes so quickly!
Just though I'd check in and see how y'all are doing! Having movie night with the kiddos so better get off here ;-)

love2laugh

Reply by A.Rich82 » Jun. 7, 2014 6:16am

@mamak fighting an infect I've had and been medicated for since I had my son grr and been bleeding weekly my tummy is cramping like I'm about to get another period too went to the doctor Thursday and I'm being referred back to the gynae clinic :/

@love I'm finding it hard to believe my baby boy is 3 months old too he's super cute I'm loving being a mummy!

A.Rich82

Reply by museli » Jun. 8, 2014 10:25am

41 weeks today. Laaaame.

A.Rich: I hope you're feeling better very soon!

MamaK: Glad to hear it isn't hip dysplasia!

Catts: Congrats on 31 weeks!

AFM: I just want - more than anything - for these contractions to start becoming more frequent and hurt more. I've never wished pain on myself before. Guess there's a first for everything, eh?

I'm just sitting here watching TV. Shortly going to eat some more pineapple, have a hot shower and then retire early for the night. Went for a few walks today and have been sitting in a way to encourage her to drop further (if that's even possible anymore. She's so low).
Hopefully get woken up after some sleep and be in established labour - haha

User Image

User Image

museli

Reply by A.Rich82 » Jun. 9, 2014 11:37pm

I feel fine most of the time it's the horrible discharge that comes with the infection that's bothering me it's not nice it puts me off sex which I still haven't attempted since I was 31wks pregnant my man doesn't seem as interested either which is bothersome kinda feeling disconnected someone please tell me it doesn't stay that way!

A.Rich82

Reply by Chestnutroast » Jun. 10, 2014 6:36am

@ARICH we never have sex during my pregnancies no matter how randy I feel cause it doesn't interest my OH during that time. We didn't have sex from the point i concieved right up to my daughter being 11 months old. Plus the baby in the same room puts of the OH he made it clear there would be no nooky while a baby even sleeping was in the same room.
Don't let you'reself think the wrong things. If its getting to you you'll just have to talk about it with him. It's the only way to clear up the matter.
He's probably just keeping his distance cause he knows whats happening with you right now. If that is the reason then you've got a good man cause some just don't seem to care whats going on with the woman and just want sex.

Chestnutroast

Reply by A.Rich82 » Jun. 17, 2014 2:49am

We stopped at 31wks because it became uncomfortable lol kinda glad we haven't yet I've had a bacterial infection and the first lot of antibiotics didn't clear it up I was bleeding once a week because if the contraceptive I was taking so that a no go :/ lol we will start again after this lot of antibiotics

Sorry I've been Mia my son niece and I all had strep throat it's been a tad stressful my poor son keeps coughing and choking :( he's on antibiotics hope it fixes him up quick

A.Rich82

Reply by MamaKB18 » Jun. 24, 2014 12:27am

How is everyone??

I am doing great and so is Kimilynne! I believe she just had her 3 month growth spurt... ate all day for 3 days and then today she slept almost all day! I had to wake her to eat lol. We got her ears pierced yesterday. They are so adorable :) About 2 weeks ago she started grabbing her link toys that hang on her playmat. She also has been gnawing and drooling like crazy lol! I love snuggling with her and making her smile and laugh its the best feeling!

MamaKB18

Reply by A.Rich82 » Jun. 24, 2014 10:26am

@mamak my little guy is doing all the same things your princess is doing! Except he spurts unnoticably lol normally in length he's adorable I think it might be time for us ladies to do picture up dates!!

On another note I have(had) extremely long curly hair went to the salon to get a colour and new style! Got a new style alright they gave me an apprentice didn't tell me! she messed it all up now I have short hair I'm sooo gutted went for a little pick me up and ended up depressed lol!! I'm getting used to it but not happy it looked like a shaggy dog fricken mullet after the B.... Hacked at it :( the senior stylist was mortified! She tried her best to fix it and have me all my money back.

A.Rich82

Reply by Cattsmeow » Jun. 24, 2014 3:20pm

Hi, ladies! How is everyone doing? How are all the littles??

Brandt and I are doing great! Made it to 33 weeks! I can't believe how fast this pregnancy is going. (Seriously, I only got a positive on a test last month, right? lol.) I'll be 34 weeks Friday, which is hubby's birthday and our final growth scan. I'm pretty excited for his birthday. We've been together for 2 years, and this is the first birthday I will actually get to spend with him. (I was always on orders for the Guard on his bday.) He's going to be 30, so I've got some special stuff planned for him. Our u/s is in the morning, but he'll be going to work afterwards. So, T and I are going to break out the sidewalk chalk and decorate his half of the driveway before he gets home. You know, stuff like "We love you, Daddy. Happy birthday!" and T says he's going to draw him a picture. And then Sunday after church, I am throwing him a surprise party. Nothing big, just family, a few close friends, and cupcakes. I just need to figure out how to do the cupcakes without him seeing them. lol.

A 10/31/2006
T 4/22/2010
A&J 9/21/2013
B 8/01/2014
V 11/17/2015

Cattsmeow

Reply by A.Rich82 » Jun. 26, 2014 4:53pm

Send him and the little one out to a movie while you make the cupcakes???

My LO is doing good 15wks old now time goes too fast after they are born he's just started laughing at me his smiles are beautiful he's so amazing...can't believe I've already thought about doing it all over again in about a year lmao but have a feeling he's going to be my one n only :)

A.Rich82

Reply by MamaKB18 » Jul. 3, 2014 2:53pm

Hey girls quick question for those of you EBF... Have you had menstrual like cramps but no AF?? 2x now I have thought I was going to start but I just got cramps and moodiness. I know I shouldn't have AF for a long time since she is EBF and eats frequently all day and a couple times at night but is it normal to have cramps??

MamaKB18

Reply by A.Rich82 » Jul. 4, 2014 5:13pm

Very normal mamak the breast feeding can cause it :) and about not getting your period my baby is ebf and I have been getting mine since 4wks after he was born lol it's been all over the place I bleed for 8 days last week got an ultrasound on the 9th to check everything is alright! I was bleeding once a week but that was the contraceptive pill ew can't take that so jut have to be careful lol!

A.Rich82

Reply by MamaKB18 » Jul. 23, 2014 12:25am

Still no af just a couple days I had cramps who knows lol! Kimilynne is about to be 4 months and that is absolutely crazy!! It doesn't feel like its been that long! She is rolling over and trying to sit alone too!! Her next Dr appt is monday :( I hate her getting shots! We have switched to cloth diapers and LOVE it! They are so stinking cute I cant stand it lol! We do flats with a cover and its just as simple as a disposable! I'm going to talk to her Dr about holding off solids until 6 months. OH I ordered an ErgoBaby carrier and it should be here Thursday!!! SUPER excited for that!! Well she is fussing and its bath and bed time so hope to hear from all my mamas and soon to be mamas out there!

MamaKB18