Pregnancy Discussion Forum

Recent Forum Activity
Forum Categories
Start a New Topic Hide Signatures

Surrogacy or IVF Abroad

Category: General - General Chatter
Posted by rhutes » Jun. 7, 2017 9:20am

Just a discussion topic I would want to create to have an open discussion. What do you think about any of this? :)

rhutes

Replies (35)

Reply by jude212 » Jul. 6, 2017 6:26pm

People always speak about the stress that fertility treatments bring along, but seldom do they speak about how important and life changing experience IVF can be. I have seen my dearest friends and relatives under tremendous stress when they discover about their infertility. It hurts me to see them so depressed. Why let this infertility wreck our relationships and psychological well-being?
There are 40 ways to treat infertility and IVF is more advanced assisted reproductive technology and should not be neglected. IVF changes lives! Yes, it does and I have seen and witnessed the happiness and joy that it has brought into the lives of many parents and siblings. Every parent who has gone through this will relate. The joy of being a mother cannot be expressed here, but I believe, we need not feel depressed. Let’s stand together and be there for everyone who needs to fight with infertility.

jude212

Reply by kayla232 » Jul. 7, 2017 2:46pm

I agree that infertility leads to problems in relationships and depression or anxiety. And IVF, as you mentioned does change lives. But I have also seen people not being sure about IVF abroad. There are so many cases where parents who opted for IVF abroad have tasted the success and filled their lives with joy. There are many blog posts about how infertility treatments affect your daily life. I believe the extent to which the “side effects” like stress might affect you depend on your personality, and fitness. For me, the joy of being a mother is so intense and never ending, that it doesn’t let stress affect me in any way whatsoever. You’re right, we can’t let infertility ruin our emotional well-being. We will not let infertility take our biggest joy of being a mother away from us. Nothing and no one has the right to stop us from filling the void in our life.

kayla232

Reply by kaley244 » Jul. 7, 2017 3:40pm

My friend had IVF abroad and she had a very positive experience. The doctor kept them updated about everything and also had the nurses do the injections. She was glad to have that kind of treatment and did not go through the stress of having to do the injections herself. I remember how happy she sounded when she called me to inform about her positive pregnancy test. There’s nothing that makes me happier than seeing someone like her take the right decision and bring so much joy for her and her partner. Witnessing such a positive story indeed opened my mind and changed the way I looked at the idea of IVF abroad before. Every time I meet her children, it compels me to tell other ladies out there about IVF as it reminds me of how it changed her life forever. When you have a positive attitude, and look after your fitness, half of the stress disappears. As kayla232 said, it depends on your personality and fitness, how much you’re affected by the stress. Meeting parents, who had IVF abroad and seeing their children healthy and strong does give us hope and much needed positiveness.

kaley244

Reply by amy242 » Jul. 13, 2017 6:49am

I’m very glad to see so much support for IVF abroad. I have been following IVF success stories sense, a while. I wanted to know what a donor egg IVF cycle wood costs overseas.

amy242

Reply by jude212 » Jul. 13, 2017 6:51am

From what I know the costs very country to country and all Soho from clinic to clinic. There are a few countries where the cost are inexpensive. I guess it’s generally in the range between 6000 to $12,000, for fresh donor egg ivf cycle

jude212

Reply by amy242 » Jul. 13, 2017 6:52am

Do you know if there are other costs incurred? I would like to know what costs are included in this range. Also what countries are more expensive?

amy242

Reply by jude212 » Jul. 13, 2017 6:53am

It generally covers clinic fees, cost for an in house donor, donor’s medications. It’s usually the countries where they have open id donors that are more expensive. In comparison to other countries in US, the cost will be anywhere between $25,000 and $45,000.

jude212

Reply by amy242 » Jul. 13, 2017 6:55am

I am new to this. Can you ladies share your experiences about the process? How long do I have to stay away and what are the typical medication and how did you overcome the language barriers? When you went to a different country.

amy242

Reply by kayla232 » Jul. 13, 2017 6:56am

How long you will have to stay depends on the country, and the clinic. The duration may vary depending on your treatment. There are clinics, where you would need to stay for 2 to3 days. And at other clinics you’ll have to stay for around 10 to 14 days. And if you are talking about fresh donor egg cycle with fresh sperm you can expect to stay there around 8 to 9 nights.

kayla232

Reply by kaley244 » Jul. 13, 2017 6:58am

The shortest treatment is for someone who has sent frozen sperm in advance. And are just travelling for the transfer. I saw patients were going to receive frozen dollar embryos can expect to have a short stay.

kaley244

Reply by jude212 » Jul. 13, 2017 6:58am

Many clinics will allow you to do your monitoring at home, so you. Can I arrive just a day before the expected donor egg retrieval and you can leave one or 2 days after the 5 day transfer.

jude212

Reply by kaley244 » Jul. 13, 2017 6:59am

The duration of stay won’t affect me or my decision of going for an IVF abroad. The motherly feeling that you get when you conceive a baby is worth the stay in the hospital away from home. I understand your concern and it’s the right thing to do to collect information. In advance. But I hope it doesn’t affect your decision.

kaley244

Reply by kayla232 » Jul. 13, 2017 7:00am

I agree that the costs for a fresh donor egg are different in different countries. But there are countries with clinics that offer affordable rates. And also a great experience. So keep looking and don’t settle until you find the best clinic suitable for you. I’m really glad to see that more and more ladies are interested in knowing about IVF abroad and giving it a shot with their hopes high.

kayla232

Reply by kaley244 » Jul. 13, 2017 7:02am

I agree with you, Kayla. There’s no need to feel depressed if you haven’t found an ideal clinic yet. If you keep looking for the ideal clinic that you want you will soon find it. So, stay positive. Because your fitness and your emotional state will play a major role in combating the stress after or during the ivf.

kaley244

Reply by kayla232 » Jul. 13, 2017 7:02am

When it comes to most popular clinic abroad you might come across wait lists of 3 to 9 months. With no wait lists the minimum time for your treatment would generally be around 2 to 3 months. You will often medications do a mock cycle sync your cycle with the donor and treatment date and also do your pre-treatment tests during this period.

kayla232

Reply by amy242 » Jul. 13, 2017 7:03am

Is there any way around if the clinics have long waitlists? Can we get an earlier treatment date in such clinics?

amy242

Reply by jude212 » Jul. 13, 2017 7:04am

Yes, you can get in earlier treatment date from these clinics that have long wait lists. All you need to do is find an agency or a facilitator to get your treatment done through. This agency or a facilitator will have treatment dates that are reserved in advance. This will let you have an earlier treatment date in the clinics with long wait lists.

jude212

Reply by kaley244 » Jul. 13, 2017 7:05am

Generally a mark cycle is a cycle of hormone replacement therapy. And you will find that most clinics will have your and donors cycle synced. Also for a fresh cycle Lupron may be required to prevent unexpected ovulation.

kaley244

Reply by kayla232 » Jul. 13, 2017 7:06am

Another important medication is estrogen. This is required do build your lining. Estrogen also prepare it to receive an embryo. And later, to prepare the lining for an embryo implant progesterone will be required. Some clinics can also use low dose aspirin blood cleaners and prednisone.

kayla232

Reply by amy242 » Jul. 13, 2017 7:06am

Is this the same for all the clinics or do they have different protocols? I believe but clinics and doctors believe in the protocols and it would be best to trust the doctors.

amy242