Pregnancy Discussion Forum

Recent Forum Activity
Forum Categories
Start a New Topic Hide Signatures

Natural birth Dr. or. Midwife? Hospital or Home?

Category: Special - Home Birth/Natural Birth
Posted by Hoops2 » Jun. 8, 2017 2:42am

I need some resources here. Pregnant with my 2nd and after a very hard induced and medicated labor I want the opposite! TIA.

Hoops2

Replies (2)

Reply by Tara3711 » Jun. 8, 2017 8:24pm

Sorry you had a bad experience. I personally would never try to have a home birth. I could never forgive myself if something happened and I my baby could have been saved if I was in a hospital.
I am pregnant for the third time and I will be induced at 37 weeks.

Tara3711

Reply by noreen » May. 23, 2018 6:59pm

A certified midwife is experienced in childbirth and is trained in a number of medical actions for a variety of pregnancy situations. Many midwives are also knowledgeable in methods that strive to reduce birthing time and delivery pains. In some cases, midwives may have more experience with childbirth than a general doctor. In fact, a midwife may have helped deliver more babies than a doctor. General practitioners' will have their attention divided among patient problems that are not related to pregnancy. They may not be as current as a mid-wife. A midwife knows the childbirth process in theory and constant practice. This focus assists the mother in receiving a smooth delivery process. The midwife will accompany the mother through all pregnancy stages, i.e. water breaking and muscle contractions. A doctor will not give this type of full medical attention (unless you want to pay a huge bill).

noreen