Pregnancy Discussion Forum

Recent Forum Activity
Forum Categories
Start a New Topic Hide Signatures

In the IVF process, eggs are collected and fertilized by spe

Category: Special - Pregnancy Complications & Testing
Posted by kamtoy » Aug. 21, 2017 7:42am

In the IVF process, eggs are collected and fertilized by sperms. This is done outside the body in an embryology laboratory. It has allowed for successful pregnancies for those deemed permanently infertile. It is also applicable when the fallopian tubes are both markedly damaged. In this process, the eggs are removed from the ovaries. The tubes are bypassed through embryo transfer to the uterus. In this condition, the infertile lady always gets back to herself and becomes fertile. After a prolonged period of infertility, I was able to sire a kid. But little did I know I would later on stare at infertility again. I was first diagnosed with endometriosis. The removal would not heal me for life. I started by visiting the doctors and I could not get any positive results. The pain was so intense that I could not bear. I was incessantly struggling and my hubby was worried too. Life became complicated and I had to give up pregnancy. It took the intervention of my hubby to drag me to hospital. The endometrial cells were removed completely. That is when I underwent an IVF.

kamtoy

Replies (2)

Reply by enginee » Aug. 22, 2017 8:46am

Thanks, Kamtoy for sharing such important information here on this forum. The in vitro fertilization has four main steps. The first is referred as the ovulation induction. This helps in ascertaining that the ovaries are producing eggs and the hormonal levels are normal. The second one is called the egg retrieval. It involves the passing of a thin needle through the upper vaginal wall. The vaginal ultrasound is used to removed fluid from the follicles under gentle suction. The oocyte is isolated from the follicular fluid. The egg is then placed in a culture dish containing nutrient media and transferred to the incubator. The third method is called the fertilization. In this method, the sperm sample is secured in a special chamber. In some cases, the sperm is injected into the egg directly. Both the sperm and the egg are placed in the incubator and close monitoring is done as the embryo develops. The final step is the embryo transfer and implantation. The speculum is placed into the vagina and the embryo is transferred via a small plastic tube through the cervix into the uterine cavity. At the end of these steps, a bed rest is often advised for almost 24 hours.

enginee

Reply by Hannahh123 » 6 days ago

I can understand how hard it can be with endometriosis. However, I am glad that you have a supportive husband. IVF is a great process and it has worked for many. I myself am planning to go with it for the 3rd cycle. However, this time I am going to be visiting a different clinic. I was told the better the clinic the more the chances of success. I am hoping that this clinic helps us. Good luck to all.

Hannahh123