Pregnancy Discussion Forum

Recent Forum Activity
Forum Categories
Start a New Topic Hide Signatures

* Holiday (Oct-Dec) 2018 Babies * - Page 2

Replies (31)

Reply by dragonfly23 » Apr. 25, 2018 5:55pm

Hi ladies. Took me awhile but I found it. Now to start the following process. I still like the other site better as this site there isn't much going on.

dragonfly23

Reply by Winnie91 » Apr. 25, 2018 9:09pm

hey all
just reading the comments about hcg levels, I had my first draw at 20dpo at around midday and it was 1000 and then in the morning of 23dpo had second draw and the level was at 2700. does the hcg level actually give insight of weather it could be twins or not?

Winnie91

Reply by Bubbynumber2 » Apr. 25, 2018 10:15pm

@BB2018. Sea bands are acupuncture wristbands that you wear on both wrists and they reduce or stop your nausea! I bought mine at the pharmacy. They work great. Natural way of dealing with the nausea. Some days I don’t feel as bloated as others and sometimes the bloat happens right after eating but it is just awful!!

Bubbynumber2

Reply by BB2018 » Apr. 26, 2018 1:53pm

Winnie - I have heard that higher HCG numbers can be a sign of twins, but doesn't necessarily mean you're having twins. The only real way to see if you're having twins is by ultrasound because HCG levels can vary sooooo much! I def wouldn't mind twins though! I'd love to have 2 children and I'm already 37, going to be 38 in Sept...

Babynumber2 - oh I'll def keep that in mind in case I get more nausea... thank you for sharing!

Going to get my 2nd bloodwork done today and I'm nervous. Talked to my new dr for first time yesterday about my numbers from first draw - the 580 hcg I'm okay with but the 14.1 progesterone makes me nervous - I feel it's too low, but she said it isn't. I asked her to put me on progesterone if it doesn't go up today and she said "there's no scientific information behind progesterone needing to be high to have a successful pregnancy" - not sure if I'm a fan of her either now... I need a dr who is gonna be more sensitive to the fact I've had 2 MMC and I'm highly anxious and nervous and I need a little extra attention. Think I'm being a brat or think I'm justified? I just felt she had zero bedside manner and no sensitivity towards me at all.

Calvingirl - can't wait to hear your numbers from yesterday! Let us know when you find out!!

Dragonfly - glad you found us here and I agree w/you - I def like the other site better - especially being able to add images to your posts... I don't understand this "add image" with URL thing that is in this one... guess I'm not a huge fan of change lol. How are you feeling today?

BB2018

Reply by calvingirl » Apr. 26, 2018 3:38pm

Just got a call from the doctor's office. My second draw was 209. That's a doubling rate of 51hrs, which is normal and within the 48-72 doubling rate target. I kinda wish it was higher though. I know its normal, and by next week it'll be in the 1000's, and if it increased too quickly, I'd be more nauseous...but still. I'm just so nervous (and probably will be till I see the HB on May 16th.)

And until I see the ultrasound, I'm not giving up on my twin dream :)

New Little One is my Christmas Present this year!
User Image
Oscar William, born June 15, 2015

calvingirl

Reply by BB2018 » Apr. 27, 2018 12:46pm

That's great that it doubled within the time Calvingirl!!!!!

Just got back my 2nd set of bloodwork - in 48 hours my HCG went from 580 to 1600 and my progesterone went from 14.1 to 14.5! :) I can breathe now! She's going to schedule my first ultrasound for next Friday!! I'm so excited to see my bean!!!

BB2018

Reply by calvingirl » Apr. 27, 2018 6:08pm

BB2018 - that's great!! Maybe you have two little beans in there...those are strong numbers! I'm so happy for both of us. I immediately could relax a bit after hearing it was doubling normally. On my journal, one of my other friends said that slower doubling could indicate boy, whereas the opposite could be true and fast doubling could be a girl - you could be Team Pink!!

calvingirl

Reply by BB2018 » Apr. 27, 2018 8:05pm

I'm so happy for both of us too!!! Xo OMG don't get me all excited with the Team Pink talk haha, okay keep going! ;) I never heard of that, but sounds good to me!

BB2018

Reply by calvingirl » Apr. 28, 2018 2:55pm

Well both me and DH would LOVE a girl - so I'm totally Team Pink, but realistically, we make boys. And boy clothes are super cute and have great colors.

I bought my first baby clothes yesterday. Well, ordered them. I'm addicted to Kickee Pants brand - it's 95% bamboo and so soft. I got a couple of neutral newborn gowns and sleepers. Couldn't resist. I need to keep excited about my Christmas baby! :)

User Image

calvingirl

Reply by calvingirl » May. 2, 2018 6:29pm

Hi ladies. I'm a little down today. I'm 5w1d and feeling ok. Tired. My hot ball of lead sitting especially heavy in my stomach right now, letting me know it's growing well. But I'm just bummed - don't know why. Not hungry for the past two days. I have a sneaking suspicion that I'm grieving the TTC process. For almost 3 years, I took my temps, took my fertility drugs, researched different vitamins and herbs, I used OPKs 3x a day, I logged every symptom, etc. It was a major business of my life trying to get pregnant. I tried to quit once earlier this year and I got so depressed that I started up again, because I realized I wasn't ready to give up.

Thank goodness I didn't, because it worked. But now I don't really have anything to measure! I'm pregnant now, but too early to really have much symptoms. I'm not gaining or losing weight. I'm super emotional, but that's been my status quo for a long time due to all the fertility drugs I've been on. I have to wait two more weeks for an U/S, and we're not telling the kids till then. I'm just depressed.

How weird is this?? Am I just having a hormone moment?

User Image

calvingirl

Reply by calvingirl » May. 9, 2018 2:45pm

How's everyone doing? I'm a week away from my first scan, so I THINK I'm doing ok, but I won't know for sure for a little while yet. I'm counting the days.

User Image

calvingirl