Pregnancy Discussion Forum

Recent Forum Activity
Forum Categories
Start a New Topic Hide Signatures

February Babies 2018

Category: Due Date Clubs - February
Posted by FlamingoGirl13 » Jun. 8, 2018 3:03pm

Hi Ladies!

I just got my BFP this week and I'm super excited to have my first little one in February 2018. I'm looking for others at the same point in pregnancy or others that are pregnant and looking to chat. I was pretty active on CTP and would like to be active on here as I go through the pregnancy process. The support I felt and gave while ttc really made a difference in my journey and I would love to share this stage with others. Please say hi and join me! (Even if you aren't due in February!)

User Image

FlamingoGirl13

Replies (12)

Reply by Orchid902209 » Jun. 11, 2018 12:07am

Hi
So let me start by saying Congratulations! Very Exciting!
I also got a positive this week. This is my second pregnancy. EDD Valentines day. I love the countdown community for my TTC journeys and pregnancies. I have a 17 month old.

Orchid902209

Reply by FlamingoGirl13 » Jun. 11, 2018 1:04pm

Hi Orchid!

Congratulations to you too! My sister-in-law had her little girl on Valentine's Day in 2017! I think my EDD is the 11th or 12th. Different sites/apps give me one or the other. I didn't use OPKs this cycle so I'm not 100% sure when I ovulated. That might be way.

What symptoms are you currently having? I have super sensitive/tender breasts, sometimes sensitive nipples and I have small cramps every so often. They used to happen more then once a day but are now just once a day and don't lats very long. I'm wondering how long I will have these cramps.

FlamingoGirl13

Reply by Orchid902209 » Jun. 12, 2018 2:07pm

I didn't track ovulation either. Baby's rarely come on their actual due date anyway! Generally with your first you will go later, so you might have a Valentine's Day baby! With my first, I went early but I was induced.
As far as symptoms go I had three days of very mild nausea early last week and the odd very mild cramp. I remember the cramping, twinges and stitches (like running stitches but in your lower abdomen) for my entire first trimester on and off. It never really bothered me. I haven't noticed any breast changes. Maybe it's because I'm still breastfeeding my first child. It's still early for symptoms but I'm hoping this one is easy on me too!
My husband doesn't know yet, he's working away from home. I plan to tell him this weekend in his Father's Day card. He wanted to be surprised for this pregnancy. I think since it took so long for our first he's going to be shocked! Is your partner excited? How did you share the news?
I peed on another stick this am and got a darker line. It's hard to stop testing at this stage I find. Are you still POAS?
I have a doctors appointment in a week to confirm. Once I'm confirmed I will go to an OBGYN, my family doctor doesn't do prenatal care. I'm still debating a midwife this time. I will have to make up my mind soon because the wait list is long in my area. Who's going to follow your pregnancy? Are you considering a midwife? doula?

Orchid902209

Reply by FlamingoGirl13 » Jun. 12, 2018 5:04pm

My Husband is very excited! We keep reminding each other every day that we really are pregnant! I told him by putting the two positive tests I took into a newborn cloth diaper that is his families traditional Scottish plaid (he has strong Scottish ancestry). Then I called him into the bathroom (I was in the shower) and told him to look on the window sill. He was all smiles and shocked that I didn't tell sooner! Lol! I told him about 5-6 minutes after I knew.

I haven't POAS since I got my positives. They were super strong and I'm way past my period now with strong symptoms so I didn't think about testing again. I called the local OBGYNs and made my first prenatal appointment at 9 weeks. 4 weeks to wait! My OBGNs office has two teams the midwives or the doctors. As long as you are low risk you can stick with the midwives all the way through, so that's what we will try and do. My twin sister is an L&D nurse so I hope she can be my doula for me. She is currently ttc too so she might be very pregnant when I give birth.

Are you debating using a midwife this time? Did you use one last time or go with doctors? You should go with what you are comfortable with. Did you have a doula last time?

One of my cousins is getting married on February 3rd and DH and I are debating weather to go or not. We'd have to travel pretty far for it and that sounds very uncomfortable at 39 weeks.... I'd feel bad to miss her wedding because my family is all so close but at the same time I don't want to give birth in a different state in a strange hospital!

FlamingoGirl13

Reply by Orchid902209 » Jun. 15, 2018 12:58am

That's really sweet he's so excited this early. It took my husband a while before it really sunk in!
Your really lucky to have family in the "industry". Such a great resource to tap into. This whole pregnancy process can be overwhelming at times.
Your OBGYN office sounds amazing btw! I love team based approaches in health care settings. I wish we had access to services like that. I find our system is quite segregated and the midwife resources are very small. I am considering midwives because they can follow me pre, L&D and post natal home visits. I was on the waitlist for one with my last pregnancy. I called at 10 weeks plus I was due over Christmas, not sure if the holiday made a difference but I never got a call back. I did have a great relationship with my OB on the other hand. I did have some complications with my first so I wonder if I would be better sticking with someone who knows me. I might not even be a candidate for a midwife considering my past pregnancy troubles. I never had a doula but I would consider one this time around if I can afford it. I'm comfortable with either option but I'll decide once my husband is up to date!
Traveling at 39 weeks would deffinatly be a risky and uncomfortable challenge! Tough decision. Personally I don't think I would be up for the challenge. It does suck to miss out on important family events. I was on bedrest from 32 weeks on with my first and was induced at 37. I did travel at 26 weeks couple hours drive to a cottage for a week and it wasn't bad. Your health at that time will be hard to predict. You might even have the baby by then! <3 <3

Orchid902209

Reply by FlamingoGirl13 » Jun. 18, 2018 8:39pm

I agree with you about traveling at 39 weeks. Even thought I'm not there yet I think it would be super uncomfortable. DH and I have talked some more about it and looks like we are already in agreement that we wont go to my cousin's wedding. I think if we traveled that far I wouldn't want to travel back until after the baby was born! lol! My other cousin is getting married next June so we'll travel with a 4 month old instead.

How are you handling symptoms? I think I'm definitely starting to feel the fatigue. My bedtime has moved back by an hour so far and I would like to move it back another too! Got nausea for the first time with this pregnancy last night... Also woke up with it and it lasted for a good portion of the day. Still feeling slightly unsettled but better. I don't normally throw up so I'm hoping I'll just have nausea and that's it. My appetite has lessened too, but that's to be expected with nausea.

FlamingoGirl13

Reply by Orchid902209 » Jun. 20, 2018 12:05am

I wrote my news in my husbands Father's Day card. He was very surprised and excited. He's already making plans, talking names and is picking out the order of people he's going to share the news.
We decided to go with the same OBGYN. I had my referral done today. I am getting my bloodwork done tomorrow and I'll probaby have my first prenatal check in 4-6 weeks.
I am deffinately feeling the fatigue too. But I have a lot on my plate right now so I'm not sure if it's fatigue from pregnancy. I have some nausea occasionally that's deffinately pregnancy related. My sense of smell is highentening so it makes nausea worse at times especially with a little one in diapers! Snacking helped me the last pregnancy. What tricks have you been trying to keep the nausea at bay?
I am peeing more! haha I need to get up through the night now to pee and my morning coffee just flows right through me! Seems unfair as my baby just started sleeping through the night a couple months ago. This pregnancy so far feels just like my last.

Orchid902209

Reply by FlamingoGirl13 » Jun. 21, 2018 3:52pm

That was a sweet way to tell your DH! We told our Father's on Father's day. We've now told only immediate family and want to keep it that way until our 9 week check up and then when we get closer to 12 weeks we'll start telling more friends and extended family.

I've been struggling with nausea this week. Every day I've gotten it after I take a shower in the morning until around lunch time. This morning I almost threw up while I was trying to eat breakfast. I skipped breakfast on Tuesday and that was a mistake! I was out of energy super fast so I'm trying to eat protein at breakfast even if I have no appetite. It makes the rest of the day easier. I'm not a snacker so I have to remind myself to snack and that helps for a bit. I'm still searching for something that will really help!

FlamingoGirl13

Reply by senyeart4 » Jun. 21, 2018 4:19pm

Hello ladies! I got my bfp about 3 weeks ago and my edd is February 8th. I already have two other February babies! I guess May is just my lucky month lol. I am 39 years old and this is my 9th pregnancy but i only have 4 babies living. I have 3 boys and one baby girl. My kids are 18,15,10, and 1. I am a little nervous about the small age gap with my youngest and this baby. Im used to at least three years in between. Can't wait to get to know you ladies and share this journey with you!

senyeart4

Reply by FlamingoGirl13 » Jun. 21, 2018 6:00pm

Welcome senyeart4!

I'm glad May is such a good month for you! Maybe your 1 year old and you newest baby will be super close because of the age difference? My DH and his sister are 16 months apart and she always said she can't remember life without her little brother and wouldn't have it any other way. Her two little girls are 14 months apart!

Right now I'm struggling with nausea that comes when I get up in the morning and lasts until just after lunch time. I had it for the first time on Monday and so far I've had it every day now. What symptoms are you feeling?

FlamingoGirl13

Reply by senyeart4 » Jun. 21, 2018 7:11pm

I hope they will be! There is a huge age gap between me and my sisters. They love me so much, but they all were grown and starting their lives when i came along so we aren't all that close. I just started with the nausea the last 4 days or so. It always starts as gagging and gets worse from there. If i eat, i gag. If i don't eat, i gag lol. I try to just breathe through it but it just gets the best of me! So i definitely feel ya there! That and burping a lot. Those are really my only two symptoms. I never get sore boobs until late in the pregnancy. I'm sure you already said, but when do you get your first scan? Mine isn't for another 3 weeks and a few days...feels like an eternity away.

senyeart4

Reply by FlamingoGirl13 » Jun. 21, 2018 7:51pm

I'm not sure when my first scan will be. My first midwife appointment is in 2.5 weeks during my 9th week of pregnancy. I think my first scan will be closer to 12 weeks unless they feel they need to check something.

My boobs get sore at the end of every cycle and since I'm pregnant they have gotten worse and are still sore now! I hope they calm down for most of the pregnancy. I also had a lot of cramps early on but those have died way down. Which is nice because they made me nervous. They say cramping with out bleeding is common though and just means your Uterus is adjusting so I probably shouldn't worry at all.

FlamingoGirl13