Pregnancy Discussion Forum

Recent Forum Activity
Forum Categories
Start a New Topic Hide Signatures

behalf of my best friend she wanted me to share

Category: Special - Pregnant After a Loss
Posted by bee_honey » Jul. 9, 2018 8:25am

I'm posting this on half of my best friend she wanted me to share and asking everyone views on it !! so feel free,, ;) Hello ladies. So I am 31 and DH is 27 and we have 4 children. We decided to have another but due to a TL in 2006, we have opted for IVF. Well, I had my ER this morning and had 16 retrieved. My docs seem pretty confident that it will be ok and have said that I have had a beautiful cycle. Oh, I have never had any previous problems getting pregnant. Anyway, the nurse says this morning that generally the first cycle isn't successful. This has upset me all day. I have been trying to stay positive this whole time and that statement was discouraging seeing as we put everything into this. So I'm just looking for advise, opinions, or success stories. Thank you all

bee_honey

Replies (4)

Reply by monika123 » Jul. 9, 2018 10:04am

Hey, I hope you are well. It is strange that the clinic's own people are saying that. I mean they are supposed to be at least encouraging. From my own experience and research, there are few things I have noticed about IVF. Firstly, it is unpredictable so you never know if it will work for you or not. It works for the first time for a lot of people. However, for some people, it does take time. It honestly all depends on your case. If you have a serious issue then it might not work. It is also said that for those whom it doesn't work for the first time the chances of success do increase in the next time. for IVF to work make sure to visit the doctor with a high success rate. This is so essential for the people who are going for IVF. Best of luck to you. I hope you are able to conceive soon. Just stay positive and be strong.

monika123

Reply by Hannahh123 » Jan. 2, 2019 7:46pm

Hannahh123

Reply by saramccartney123 » Feb. 25, 2019 5:56pm

My friend opted for IVF after struggling for a year. She struggled because of PCOS and some health issues. Even for her, the initial cycle failed. But her doctors believed in her. She went for it again. She conceived a baby this time. I hope this made you feel better about this. Good luck.

saramccartney123

Reply by Hannahh123 » 12 weeks ago

Hey, just don't listen to her. Just hope that out of all the eggs you are able to have some good ones that last. Concentrate on the treatment rather than what people are saying. Good luck to you. I hope things go well for you. Just know that you need to be really positive through out the process. I myself am going to be starting the process and I am really hoping for the best. Good luck to you.

Hannahh123