Log In | Sign Up Now | Help & Support

Pregnancy Discussion Forum

Recent Forum Activity
Forum Categories
Start a New Topic Hide Signatures

advice needed

Category: Special - Pregnancy Complications & Testing
Posted by saramccartney123 » Nov. 4, 2018 4:10pm

Hi everyone. A friend has been TTC for a year now. It should be noted that she doesn't get regular period due to PCOS. She even tried with medication prescribed to her by her doctor. But even that didn't really work for her. Any advice here would be appreciated.

Posts: 89

Replies (10)

Reply by monika123 » Nov. 4, 2018 8:30pm

If it has been that long then I think she should look into assisted conceptions. IVF works really well for people with PCOS. However, I can't say much as its the doctor who can really tell. I would suggest that she visits a clinic that has a high success rate. The doctors should be experienced as well. I am emphasizing on a good clinic because that will change things for your friend. Good luck to her. Sending baby dust her way.

Posts: 145

Reply by Hannahh123 » Nov. 29, 2018 5:56pm


Posts: 424

Reply by beth22mom » Nov. 29, 2018 8:40pm

totally agree that it's time to go to the doctor. Wish your friend all the best!

Posts: 8

Reply by SharonMill » Dec. 8, 2018 4:51am

Hey there Sara! I think it's time for your friend to contact the clinic. As Monika mentioned IVF is the best option for people with PCOS, I totally agree with it. But still, there are other options like Surrogacy. So contact the doctors and see what's the best option for you. But before that make sure that the clinic you are going to has a huge success rate. Because clinics play an important role in this and even they make the hardest things easy for you. Give her my best wishes. Stay Blessed!

Posts: 28

Reply by Karencriss » Jan. 2, 2019 4:32am

Hi Sara! I m also suffering from PCOS. The doctors told me to go for IVF with DE. So now I m in the starting of my treatment, things are looking positive already. IVF is the right option for people with PCOS. Good Luck.

Posts: 25

Reply by saramccartney123 » Jan. 10, 2019 7:32pm

Hey guys. I hope you all are doing well. Thank you so much for the advice. it really means a lot to me. She is going to start her IVF procedure soon. I hope it works out for you. Pray for her.

Posts: 89

Reply by Hannahh123 » Mar. 7, 2019 11:03pm


Posts: 424

Reply by pagerelvy33 » Apr. 12, 2019 6:05pm

She should see a fertility specialist anyway. Our advice you'd get here is not enough. There is always some small things we wouldn't pick up on. Just because we are not talking tet-a-tet if you will.
But, if she's been ttcing for years, she might as well look into some fertility tx options. Such as ICSI. Or even surrogacy.
The latter one is for more desperate cases. Such as mine. But it is nothing to be afraid of. It is just it's very expensive. In some countries, the prices go up to 100k. This is why we had to think harder in order to make things happen. We flew to Ukraine. A nice country if you ask me. We have signed with World Center of Baby agency. One of the most affordable ones. it was a leap in the dark. now we know that we made the right choice. But back then everything seemed so new and scary.
Here is their website - https://www.worldcenterofbaby.com
There is nothing scary in messaging them. They are pretty fast when it comes to replying to emails. Which is why we grew fond of them so quickly. Our manager is an angel. As well as all of their staff. We tip them quite a lot since we have some spare money.
I wish all of us good luck. We deserve becoming mothers. And the sooner the better

Posts: 50

Reply by Hannahh123 » Aug. 2, 2019 6:56pm

If she has been trying for a year then I believe its time to visit the specialist. If she suffers from PCOS then they will help her out. Initially, doctors usually see if things could be changed with the help of medicines. However, if not then they move towards the treatments. Just make sure the clinic you visit is operating at a high success rate and knows what they are doing. Good luck to you. If you need more help feel free to let us know. Sending baby dust your way.

Posts: 424

Reply by Hannahh123 » 30 weeks ago

If you have been trying for a year then she should visit a RE. They will do some really important tests. These tests will help them determine the issue. Then they will advise to her the possible solutions. Ask her to research before visiting the clinic. They should be experienced. If she wants help I am always willing to help. Good luck to her.

Posts: 424