Log In | Sign Up Now | Help & Support

Message Me | Follow Me
Joined Nov. 18, 2013 8:12pm

Cattsmeow's Pregnancy

My Due Date: November 24, 2015
I have given birth!
Age: 33 years old

View All My Journal Entries

My Journal

By Cattsmeow » Posted Sep. 24, 2015 8:46am - 134 views - 4 comments

I haven't been feeling all too well the past couple of days. I put it down to pregnancy, but I think I am getting sick. I just can't tell if it's an allergy induced cold or if I am starting to get the flu. Feels like it could be either one, honestly. Urgh. My boys have been coughing, snotty messes for about a week now, so maybe I am just starting to get their colds. The weather isn't helping. While I am loving the fact that it's not blazing hot during the day, I am not loving that there has been a few nights we've had to kick on the heat. We have gas heating, and since it hasn't been used all summer, it smells when it kicks on. Not gas smelly, but more like musty smelling. We changed the filter, thinking that may be the culprit, but it still smells. =/

I took my 3 hour glucose test yesterday since I failed my 1 hour last week. Only it turned into a 4 hour. My lab/doctors office failed to tell me that I had to wait an hour after having my fasting level drawn before I could do the drink. I thought it would be like my 3 hour GTT with my oldest, where they did the fasting level with a finger prick, but I was so wrong. Because of that, we barely made it home in time to get my oldest off the bus. Like we had literally just pulled into the driveway and were getting out of the van when his bus pulled up. But yea. I wasn't able to eat anything for a total of 17 hours yesterday. I felt it. They let me have ice water, so I was chewing on the ice, hoping to fool my stomach into thinking I was eating. Didn't work. I crashed so hard on the way home and slept for almost 4 hours after we got home. Woke up to a killer headach that made me nauseous. I took some tylenol and ate, even though I really didn't feel like it. Took about 2 hours, but I finally started feeling better. Thankfully. I'm still feeling the after affects today, but it's not too bad.

Because I haven't been feeling well, I have really let the housework pile up. I'm trying to tackle it all today. I've got a counter full of dishes to do, and like 5 loads of laundry. Not to mention I have a meeting at my church this afternoon. So I am trying to get as much as I can done before I have to leave. I highly doubt I'll get all of it, but as long as I can get most of it done, I'll be content.

Hubby has this weekend off. So Saturday we are planning on going down to see some friends and go to their county fair for their daughter's birthday with them. I am totally getting an elephant ear and a lemon shake up. I have been craving both for weeks now! Then on Sunday, we are going to start clearing out the spare room, getting rid of things we don't need or want anymore, so we can move the bunk bed in there. It's a lot of heavy lifting and my husband got livid when I tried to do some of it on my own. So he's going to help and we have a couple of friends coming over to help as well. We're also hoping to pick out a storage shed to put in the yard, so we can clear some of the clutter out of the house. I am so tired of tripping over everything.

As for my pregnancy, Valerie seems to be doing great. She is definitely head down and I have been having a lot of pressure in my pelvis. I am officially back to having to pee every 5 minutes. She also likes to stick her butt out up by my ribs. If I rub where she is pushing out, she tries to wiggle out even farther. I think she likes having her butt rubbed.

But anyways, back to cleaning for me! Hope everyone is doing well!

Comments for this Journal Entry

Comment from Amanda_McDaniel » Posted Sep. 24, 2015 7:06pm
I hope you get to feeling better. Housework can wait, just get better.

Comment from Kitten90 » Posted Sep. 24, 2015 12:09pm
I reacted the exact same way to the test when I did it on Tuesday. I was a wreck all day. Took a nap which barely helped. Pounding headache, general body aches and chills and nausea all day! I'm thinking I failed the test. I felt shitty after the test with my last pregnancy but it wasn't THAT bad and my level was 132 and they told me I was borderline.

Comment from Cattsmeow » Posted Sep. 24, 2015 10:32am
Some people tolerate it better than others. I had the lemon lime ooneformy 1 hour and it was like drinking a flat Sprite. They gave me fruit punch for my 3 hour and it was horrible. I gagged while trying to get it down. Ick. If you can, I recommend putting it in your freezsr for about 15 to 20 minutes before you drink it. For me, the colder it is, the easier it is to drink.

Comment from MalPal85 » Posted Sep. 24, 2015 10:24am
Sorry your not feeling well. I had what I believe is the same think last week. At first I thought it was allergies but I felt way too awful for it to be just allergies. The worst of it only last 2 days for me. Sounds like this whole glucose thing is freaking miserable. My orange drink is in my fridge staring me in the face. I have to take it next Wednesday which I'm dreading. Good luck with all of the cleaning/organizing!

You must be logged in to post a comment. Log In or Sign Up