Log In | Sign Up Now | Help & Support

Message Me | Follow Me
Joined Nov. 18, 2013 8:12pm

Cattsmeow's Pregnancy

My Due Date: November 24, 2015
I have given birth!
Age: 33 years old

View All My Journal Entries

My Journal

By Cattsmeow » Posted Nov. 7, 2015 8:05am - 165 views - 1 comment

It is WAY too quiet at my house right now. My parents have BOTH of my kids for the weekend. I am in shock with how quiet it is here right now. lol. I am thankful they have them for the weekend, because I REALLY needed the break, but I miss my kiddos. It is taking a ton of sheer will power not to text my dad every 10 minutes to check on them.

Yesterday was a hard day for me. If you've read some of my previous JE's, you know my oldest son is having a lot of behavioral problems at home and at school. It escalated to the point that his pediatrician put him on medication for adhd yesterday morning. I really thought I had prepared myself for that possibility, and I thought I was ok with it. Well, I spent most of yesterday crying and having a pity party. I was feeling like I had somehow failed him and had resorted to doping him up in the hopes it would help him. I know that my husband and I are doing what is best for our son, and while I am no longer beating myself up over it, it's still hard. No mother wants to see her child on medication. His doctor wanted me to make sure I gave him a dose of the meds yesterday, so after I got his script filled, I took it to school so I could give it to him. He did excellent yesterday. (he was given a medication that does not have to take time to build up in his system.) He came home from school much more calm than he usually does, but WAY more talkative than usual. He actually told me that he couldn't stop talking. It worries me a little, but his doctor (and support staff at school) told me that is normal for the first week or so. I just hope that my parents keep up on his meds while he is at thier house their weekend. (I only gave my day 2 of his pills, just enough for today and tomorrow, as per instructions from his doctor.)

As for me, I did not sleep well last night. While not new in any way, it was a different type of crap sleep. I'm so used to hearing my sons snore all throughout the night that I could not sleep because I did not hear them. I kept waking up to dead silence, temporarily freaking out, thinking something happened to the kids, and actually going halfway down the hall to check on the before before remembering they are spending time at Nana and Pappaws. I'd go back to bed, sleep for an hour, and then repeat the process. The contractions I was having all day yesterday lasted overnight, as well, enough to wake me up enough to think "That's a contraction." Nothing too regular as of yet, although they are getting a bit stronger. I woke up to horrific vaginal and anal pressure this morning. I stood up from getting out of bed and it felt like Valerie was just going to fall out. It'd be just my luck to go into labor this weekend, during what is supposed to be a relaxing weekend. (Although not much relaxing is going to be done. My husband and I are planning on getting the rest of the house cleaned up today, have a date night tonight, and possibly go to church for the first time in weeks in the morning before going to pick up the kids.) We decided to put the crib up in our room, as well, instead of using the pack n play like we originally intended. I am getting my tubes tied 6-8 weeks after Valerie is born, and although the incision is going to be small, I am told I will still be in a lot of pain afterwards. The crib sits up higher, so I think that would be easier than having to bed down so far to get her out of the pnp. But since we are using the crib, my husband told me I get to pick out bumpers and a bedding set for her. Yay! I'm getting the mesh bumpers this time, but I have no idea what bedding I want to get her. (I'm getting the bumpers because while my oldest never got stuck in the crib bars, my youngest was notorious for getting his legs caught. I had to call the fire department one time to get him unstuck.)

Anyways, I think I have enough of a book this morning. I hope everyone is doing well and that you all enjoy your weekend!

Comments for this Journal Entry

Comment from Summer0120 » Posted Nov. 7, 2015 5:55pm
I'm not getting my tubes tied, but I am getting my gall bladder out 2-3 weeks after the baby is born. So I understand your concern with bending down and such. Hopefully the crib helps you. Hopefully you can relax this weekend and enjoy it. Might be your last time for some peace and quiet for awhile. Take advantage of it!!!

You must be logged in to post a comment. Log In or Sign Up