Log In | Sign Up Now | Help & Support

Message Me | Follow Me
Joined May. 15, 2015 8:56am

Mem401's Pregnancy

My Due Date: October 7, 2018
I have given birth!
Age: 37 years old

View All My Journal Entries

My Journal

Set Induction Date & Trip To Hospital
By Mem401 » Posted Sep. 8, 2018 8:25am - 383 views - 10 comments

Sorry it took so long to update. Friday was LONG...

At my OB appointment I sat down in triage and the nurse asked if we hadn’t set an induction date last visit. I said yes, but that we were trying to move it up with the other OB. So she went and got the OB’s schedule and checked. They had moved my date up without telling me. I am now officially set for induction at 37w + 3d on September 19th! Less than 2 weeks away!!!!

But then things went south when she checked my urine and blood pressure. My blood pressure was 152/91 and my urine was +2 protein. So she put me in a room, checked Maggie’s heart rate with Doppler. (142) and left me to see the OB. The OB was very concerned with how the preeclampsia signs has jumped in 24 hours from a slightly elevated blood pressure with “trace” protein to where it suddenly was. So she had me rest and have my blood pressure checked again. It was 154/98 20 minutes later so she sent me to labor & delivery to be monitored overnight. I got to the hospital and got hooked up to a blood pressure cuff while Maggie was hooked up for a non-stress test. Maggie didn’t like it at all! Her heart rate stayed in the 160’s for a while as she moved trying to get the monitors away from herself. But she calmed down eventually and it went to the 140’s and stayed. (She’s apparently okay.) My blood pressure was checked every 15 minutes and was staying in the 120/80’s. So 4 hours later I was released on bed rest orders for the weekend. I was told to go see the OB again on Monday to decide what to do. I’m hoping we’ve bought Maggie another 11 days. That’s not long and if I follow bed rest and my blood pressure doesn’t spike for no reason, I think we can make it.
My Mom & Dad drove 2 hours to stay with the other 3 kids. When we got home from the hospital (we being my husband and I, he stayed with me the whole time.) the whole crew went to dinner before I came home and crawled into bed.
I’m so excited to have an induction day and as long as today was it WAS a good trial run to the hospital. I now know where to go and what to kind of expect.
So now to rest and relax and let Maggie “cook” some more in peace & quiet!

Comments for this Journal Entry

Comment from sonata85 » Posted Sep. 12, 2018 6:52pm
So excited for you! If anything happens between now and then, go with it, or in other words go to the hospital and meet your miracle!! But it sounds like your body knows what’s going on. Wishing you a safe delivery, and I’m on pins and needles for your next update!!!!

Comment from Mem401 » Posted Sep. 10, 2018 7:53pm
I am going in the morning. Blood pressure has been okay today and Maggie has been moving like normal. I will update as soon as I can tomorrow.

Comment from cmere84 » Posted Sep. 10, 2018 4:42pm
Looking for an update today from your appoinment!

Comment from Mem401 » Posted Sep. 9, 2018 11:39pm
I’m sorry you went through all of that. It is scary. My mom had pre-e with both her pregnancies, but we thought I had dodged that bullet, but at least I made it this far. 10 days isn’t that long.
Thank you. :)

Comment from MrsFord » Posted Sep. 9, 2018 10:04pm
Eek! What an exciting and equally stressful time for you! I was in your shoes at the end of my pregnancy. My pre-e came out of NOWHERE but then quickly developed into HELLP syndrome and I was admitted and induced (which failed as I was so early). But I was closely monitored and on blood pressure meds to try and help keep babe in longer. He was fine through the whole scenario and was able to get to where he needed to be before my csection. I will be watching for updates! Hang in there Momma, take it easy and listen to your body. Good luck!

Comment from Mem401 » Posted Sep. 9, 2018 9:50pm
Thank you. On bed rest my blood pressure has averaged 115/75, so I think we might actually make it to the 19th. Just may have to stay on bed rest until then, but if it gives the baby more time to mature and strengthen then I will do what I have to!

Comment from Newlyjg » Posted Sep. 9, 2018 5:29pm
Sorry about the pre e, prayers for you at this time. Looks like Maggie will be here soon hope she gets to cook as long as possible. You've done a great job so far. Even if she does come a little early I'm sure she will be just fine. In my thoughts and prayers~hugs.

Comment from Mem401 » Posted Sep. 9, 2018 12:40am
Thank you both. The pre-e hit fast. The whole pregnancy my blood pressure has ran perfectly in the 120/70’s, then over the span of a week it jumped up to where it was. It was pretty scary. Today it’s back to running in the 130/90’s and my swelling is worse. I’m not sure we will make it to the 19th. Going to try to get back to the OB Monday morning. At least we will be a few more days to term.
Thank you both!

You must be logged in to post a comment. Log In or Sign Up