Pregnancy Discussion Forum

Recent Forum Activity
Forum Categories
Start a New Topic Hide Signatures

BYOB: Leaking and Lamaze - Page 2

Replies (286)

Reply by MevensGirl » Sep. 9, 2011 1:32pm

Hello again!

My name is Amanda, I am 30, DH is 37. We've been together 10 years, married 4. We live in small town Tennessee. I am 23 weeks. We are having a girl, Kira. We have a 19 month old son and my husband has an 11 year old son from his first marriage. I'm excited to have a girl in the house! We have a c-section tenatively scheduled for 12/30. My DS got stuck and my doc had said I could try a vaginal birth for this one if I wanted. However, my placenta was low at my 19 week scan. We will be rechecked at the end of this month to see if it has migrated enough. My doc seems positive but also implied that the vaginal birth is becoming less likely.

Erika - I'm so sorry. You are in my prayers.

Aisha - Your DH is so sweet! Mine has been pretty darn sweet this whole pregnancy too.

You are not a slacker! HA HA! The only thing I wanted for DS's room was that it not be too babyish. I didn't want to have to redecorate in a couple years. And we knew that if we were lucky enough to have two children, they'd be sharing the room for a couple years. So it needed to be gender neutral. All we really did was paint and we went retro olive green and chocolate brown. DS's boy stuff went well with those colors and we've found that pink goes well too.

I have also been having weird dreams! My husband is in a band and I dreamed I was at one of his gigs and overheard some girls in the bathroom talking about how the singer's wife was faking a pregnancy to keep him from leaving. I, of course, gave them an earful in the dream. HA HA HA HA! In real life, I probably would have laughed at their stupidity and walked out. HA HA! Dream land is so strange.

Kat - Sorry but I had to laugh at your story. I could TOTALLY see myself doing that! HA HA HA! I have my test September 27th... I may opt to just sit in the office the whole time JUST IN CASE. HA HA!

Allison - Hope you get your energy back in a few weeks! "...pea in my pod" that is cute!

Diana & Shanny - Agreed! You both should demand foot rubs tonight! HA HA!

Erica - I'm sorry you are so constipated. I don't really have any advice other than drink lots of water.

Now that my house is clean, maybe I'll be able to keep up with the thread better. YAY Nesting!

MevensGirl

Reply by Shannybum » Sep. 9, 2011 4:29pm

Diana - did you get your foot rub? I sure as heck didn't get mine.....

I'm having a very bad day today and am at the breaking point!!

Shannybum

Reply by KatieK » Sep. 9, 2011 7:15pm

Shanny- if it makes you feel any better (it probably won't, but at least you know you're not alone)...I have never gotten a foot rub from my husband and we have been together for 13 years...not even after head...just sayin'

*apologizes if anyone was offended...but I only speak the truth!*

KatieK

Reply by Shannybum » Sep. 9, 2011 8:58pm

Katie - you made me laugh out loud!

Shannybum

Reply by dmpage » Sep. 9, 2011 9:10pm

Maybe I'd get a foot rub if I even pretended to remember what head was?!!! HAHAHA. I hear ya, Shanny. NOOOOO energy. ZILCH.

I feel badly because I can't keep up with you all...mentally so incredibly pregnant! I do know that I think about Erika and all of those who have suffered losses often! Sorry sweetheart. Having been through a few losses myself, nothing really can be said. We know this. Just good luck with the grief! I'm sorry.

Now, where's the freakin' dinner fairy?! She's supposed to be here to cook something soon. For that matter, I guess I should look into a "head" fairy and maybe even a foot rub fairy! WAIT a stinkin' minute. Before a "head" fairy, I'm def hiring a foot rub fairy and a toilet cleaning fairy...def got my priorities straight! ;-)

(Like Katie...apologies to anyone who finds this crass - cause well, it is!)

Diana

They tell me we're having a girl...a sister to her two older brothers? I still don't believe it!!

User Image

pregnancy week by week

dmpage

Reply by Shannybum » Sep. 9, 2011 9:21pm

My husband calls it "mouth hug". Sounds warm and cozy hey?

Shannybum

Reply by allioak » Sep. 10, 2011 1:30pm

Hey girls,

Scary night last night, had lots of bleeding through my underwear at work so I went straight to the ER. They took me in right away, did all their tests.I was balling thinking I might be miscarrying. Thank God and all my lucky starts but the baby is okay right now. Strong heartbeat 143 bpm and measuring the right size. Found a subchorionic hematoma, small enough they said so hopefully that is good. Going to take it easy, but still going to a wedding today, doctor said that was fine. Going to avoid dancing and stuff. We aren't that close with everybody there so it should be fine. Come home early too. They sent us home with 3 ultrasound pictures, and our little one looks great. I couldn't believe seeing the heartbeat this time, it seemed more real. we're going to start calling it our little gummy bear because the tech said that's what it looks like through the next several weeks.

Going to call the docs on Monday, have an appt scheduled tuesday anyways so we'll see what they want to do. Fingers crossed my little gummy bear is okay!!

Hope everyone has a good weekend

Alli

Allison

User Image

allioak

Reply by NewMommy07 » Sep. 10, 2011 6:44pm

Yikes, scary night Allison! So glad you and your gummy bear are doing ok! Take it easy girl!

Heather
User Image

NewMommy07

Reply by Tink087 » Sep. 11, 2011 1:23am

Hello ladies,
I'm a 24 yr named Whitney but I go by the name tink. My 29 yr old hubby is named Casthance goes by the name Keith. we have been together going on 5yrs and we are expecting our first baby a little girl named Nahla in 4 weeks.

So I read everyones post but unfortunately I can't recall everything because my computer is acting a hot mess.

dmpage, KatieK, and shannybum, stop cooking, cleaning, or giving head to your husband and see how fast he gets to work. lol. in all honesty im not sure if that will work I never actually tried the method. luckily my hubby will ask me if i need a massage or if I start breathing a little differently he will drop everything and massage my whole body. because I wont let him by me anything since the job market has been going crazy he likes to do other things like breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks in bed, a day of total massages, and all day animation movies.

Allioak,
I know it was scary because at 12 weeks I woke up bleeding heavy and thought I was having a miscarriage but she was fine in fact on the ultrasound she was pumping her little fist up and down. they didnt explain the blood but it hasnt happened since. so glad everything looked fine for you as well.

erika and joy,
you are still in my thoughts and prayers.

Aisha,
your dh is a very thoughtful and amazing man.

Sorry if I missed someone of you ladies, I tried to remember all I could.

AFM: loads of homework, lots of achiness, and exhaustion. OAN: we toured the hospital today, took some maternity pics; and we genuinely had a blast. Counting down these last 30 something days hope she doesnt come late.

Whitney, Keith, and Nahla Foster one big happy family completed on 10/10/11

Tink087

Reply by copsgirl953 » Sep. 11, 2011 7:30pm

Allison, omgoodness. The same thing happened to me Friday. We were grocery shopping and I had some cramping. I felt wetness and I went to the bathroom and there was bloody fluid on my pad and underwear. Hubby took me to the ER. I was still bleeding pretty bad. They did an ultrasound and we had already made up our minds that I was having a miscarriage. But they found the heartbeat and the baby was kicking and moving a lot. But we couldn't figure out why I was bleeding and cramping so much. The doctor said my blood work was normal and looked great. He ordered me on bedrest all weekend until Monday when I could see my regular OB.

Well yesterday i was in the bed all day. Still bleeding some. The blood has turned brownish red now. Hubby researched and found out about that subcorionic hematoma. Well hubby got in touch with my OB and she said it could be that or it could be a miscarriage. Just to stay in bed and come in if it gets worse. And Monday I'm supposed to come in for an u/s. I'm still scared but I'm trying not to get my hopes up so I won't be too devastated if I am having a miscarriage. A lot of praying for everyone going on!

Erica
Miscarriage September 28, 2011 - 16w1d
Mommy to Christen 9, Haley 7, Mason, and Aiden

copsgirl953

Reply by allioak » Sep. 11, 2011 9:40pm

Copsgirl, My fingers are crossed for you too. I swore I was MCing cause the blood was so heavy at first. It completely stopped and now I'm just getting a drop or two of brown blood. I'm calling my doctor tomorrow to see if there is anything else I should do, but with the subchorionic hematoma, but they still called it a threatened miscarriage. It was all so confusing, I want more answers on Monday just to be sure. You'll be in my thoughts all day tomorrow, and let us know how everything goes. After this happened to me, I've been hearing from my family how many of them have bled throughout pregnancies without a problem, and most of the time they never figured out the cause. You'll be fine no matter what happens, just stay calm and relaxed as much as you can till you see the doctor. The baby was still fine on Friday, so you don't know yet, ok? Good luck!

Allison

User Image

allioak

Reply by copsgirl953 » Sep. 11, 2011 11:05pm

Thanks Allison. I am anxious for tomorrow to get here. Like you, I am just getting brown spots now. Hoping and praying that's all it is and that the baby is okay. Will keep everyone updated. Thanks for the thoughts and prayers.

Erica
Miscarriage September 28, 2011 - 16w1d
Mommy to Christen 9, Haley 7, Mason, and Aiden

copsgirl953

Reply by bens10 » Sep. 12, 2011 1:02am

copsgirl and allie,

PLEASE let us know ASAP how your appts go tomorrow. I will be praying for both you.

Haven't checked in awhile...I am so exhausted!!!!
I slept for 12 hours friday into sat. and then on sat I took a nap!! crazy!!! It is 9pm now and I am ready for bed.

I had a breakdown yesterday because I look like I am 5 months preg. and I am only 2 months along. But I feel like I just look fat, not round. So my clothes aren't fitting right and I can't find anything to wear (at least that's comfortable) - so I was getting ready to go to 2 different parties and I just started weeping... I am better today, but good lord.

I think I need transitional clothing... do they sell that and if so where?

User Image

bens10

Reply by joye2e » Sep. 12, 2011 2:29am

Hi ladies!!

Like erika, I just wanted to pop in and say hi to you all! I am so sorry I havent been around much, I have been checking in every now and then, just not commenting. Unfortunately I really havent been able to keep up with you all, sorry!! I really hope you're all doing great though! Pretty soon I' hope to be hearing about babies being born!! (Tink I'm talking to you!!)

Just an update from me... if you can believe it, I am SILL bleeding!! It's been over 3 weeks now. I went to go see my doctor on Friday and he did a quick internal and sent me for bloodwork, I have to go back to see him on Tuesday morning. He did say it was possible that af had started without the m/c bleeding stopping cause the bleeding picked up on Wed, Thurs & Fri. God I hope it's just af and not a problem!

Hope you all are doing great! I think of y'all constantly!
Joy

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

User Image

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

joye2e

Reply by KatieK » Sep. 12, 2011 11:50am

Good Morning Girls.

Allie- I am glad that everything is ok with your gummy. That must have been so scary.

Cops- I hope your scan goes well today. The fact that the bleeding has stopped seems to be a good sign.

Joy- wow, still bleeding?! Hope everything is ok, and your doc is right about AF starting as the other bleeding stops....and so YEAH!!! that means you can start trying again! Get to bding and GL!

AFM- I got the mural painted over the weekend. I will post a pic on my page as soon as I am done posting here. It was a job, lemme tell ya. But I am pleased with how it turned out. Chris brought the crib up and put it back together for me yesterday, so I put the bedding on and I absolutely LOVE it!...Went to see the RAVENS kick some Steeler ass, and my day ended with falling asleep at 9pm...only to wake up at 1030 with excrutiating back pain. I have no idea what's going on. I fell back asleep after writhing around for hours on the couch at 4:17...only to get up for work at 5:00 am.

It is going to be a long day, and my back is still killing me. Pretty sure it is muscular, so I am going to try and get an appointment with my massage girl, or the chiropracter for later today! Wish me luck.

Have a great day ladies,
K

KatieK

Reply by KatieK » Sep. 12, 2011 12:01pm

SO I uploaded the pic of the mural in my photos, and selected it as one of the four that should display on my public profile, but when I view my public profile...none of the pics are coming up?...any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

KatieK

Reply by Shannybum » Sep. 12, 2011 3:58pm

Hey ladies, just playing catch up a bit here:

Alison and Copsgirl - My heart dropped when I read your posts. Please please let us know how your appointments go. Sounds like the babies are both doing Ok but it must be so scary.

Tink: You make me laugh. Your husband drops everything if you breathe differently? Holy Moky lucky gal. Are you going to post some of your maternity pictures?

Bens - The inbetween stage SUCKs. The good thing is it only lasts about 5 or 6 weeks. As soon as I couldn't do up my pants anymore I switched to maternity jeans even though I didn' thave a huge belly you can't beat the comfort and they don't fall down or anything.

Joy - <3 thinking of you too, thanks for checking in.

KatieK - I have no suggestions about your pics but I'd email Gwen she's really good about responding quickly to problems.

AFM I had a crappy weekend - We had a garage sale and it bombed. There was just NO people. I advertized lots and we had great stuff, but just no traffic. My last garage sale I made $600...this time I made about $35...so depressing cause it was A LOT OF WORK to sort, price and organize and drag everything in and out of the garage for two days and sit in the hot sun the whole time. I was disappointed.

OAN I went bra shopping last night. Thyme Maternity had nursing bras for $45 and it was a bit more than I wanted to spend (plus I thought a bit early to buy them) so I went to La Senza and got two bars for $50. I got fitted - I am a DD - I was shocked, I'd been wearing my old C bras, I thought maybe I was a D. But I filled up the DD cups and actually had to get one 36DD and one 38DD cause the cups on the 36 were a bit small and although I'm not an E, the bigger band makes cups a bit bigger. So I'm sure I'll be in the Es once my millk comes in. I was shocked. And the bras ain't pretty!

Finally I had my first leg cramp/charlie horse last night - OW!!!!!!! My calf is still sore this morning from it. I woke up screaming in the night - not fuN!

Shannybum

Reply by popstarh8er » Sep. 12, 2011 6:58pm

Good Morning (ugh) Afternoon ladies! lol

So sorry to you ladies with your bleeding. I can't imagine how scary that would be, but I'm glad you were able to quickly get expert help and we are hoping that your little ones are completely oblivious to the scares they are giving you.

And Joy, I'm sorry to hear you are bleeding still. I remember checking in to CTP a few days ago and I was surprised then that it hadn't stopped yet. We love you and are glad you are still hanging around <3

Katie - YIKES! You are a stronger woman than me ... with that little sleep under my belt, I for sure would have been calling in to work and telling them I was SLEEPING today! lol Hope you aren't bobbing your head at work and get good sleep tonight. Forgot to check your profile before commenting, but I can't wait to see the pics.

Shannon - I think I've only ever made about $35 bucks from a garage sale lol. Sorry you were sitting in the sun and went to a lot of trouble. And YES, leg cramps! I've had them for a few weeks ... maybe even a month? now and even though my body gets restless in bed and I am constantly changing positions to relieve pain in my hips and back ........... it is not possible for me to completely stretch out my legs in bed to alleviate any of that, or I get an instant charlie horse in my calf. I've learned that if I forget, stretch, and start to get one, if I immediately bend my leg back and use my hands to rub my calf, it won't completely knot itself up. Sleeping is getting more and more difficult ... but having dealt with it for many weeks now, I really feel like I am getting use to being uncomfortable haha.

AFM, Saturday, dh and I relaxed, other than going grocery shopping ... and I have to say, we really needed the break. Sunday we went to a going-away party for a family friend and then came home, cleaned up my car (we are trying to sell it for extra cash on craigslist), and then played games. It was really nice. Next weekend we have a wedding reception to go to, and the weekend after that is Gemma's baby shower *passes out*. Things are happening so quickly.

Hope all of you lovely ladies are having a wonderful, stress-free day. Lots of love to you all

Kat
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 BabyFruit Ticker
 BabyFetus Ticker

popstarh8er

Reply by popstarh8er » Sep. 12, 2011 9:24pm

So here's a question I don't think we've covered yet ... where are you all registered at? Are you using registry tools online, or solely in-store? Is dh helping? What items are you registering for / not registering for? If this isn't your first, are you registering at all? What are some must have items we will all need?

Post links if you can .. I am super curious to see what you ladies are wanting.

I am registered at Target and Walmart. Of course, a couple of weeks ago, Target decided to COMPLETELY revamp their website and a lot of bugs weren't worked out right away. For a good two weeks, I was unable to log-in as the registrant of my registry, and hence .... wasn't able to edit or add ANYTHING to my registry. I sent a couple of messages through their website about the mistake, the first one very pleasant but underscoring the urgency of the mistake being fixed (since the invites for the shower were already sent out and people were searching for the registry), the second email ... not so pleasant since it had been about a week and I hadn't even so much as gotten an automated reply email that my message had been received. *huffs and puffs*

Luckily, they eventually fixed the error .... I was able to log in as the administrator again, and they sent me an email with a 10% off coupon apologizing. I care much less about the coupon than I did that the problem got resolved.

I've also noticed issues with trying to figure out what can actually be purchased in stores close to home. I live in the middle of nowhere! haha and love the ease of adding registry items online ... but older people especially go IN the store to purchase registry items. So I've actually had to physically go around with the scanner at both stores to make sure there were items added that could be purchased there.

Here's mine from Target:
http://www.target.com/RegistryGiftGiverCmd?isPreview=false&status=completePageLink&listId=Za6IqF8K0XVARjAY4mQvZQ&registryType=BB&isAjax=false

What about you ladies? Are you having these or similar issues?

popstarh8er

Reply by Shannybum » Sep. 12, 2011 9:37pm

Hi Kat:
We're not registering. We've just put the word out to our families about the big ticket items we'd like help with (i.e. my parents are getting me a glider/rocker, his parents are chipping in $200 for the crib), and a lot of my friends know what we need and have their eyes open for us or have given us things they don't need anymore.

I personally don't like gift registries at all (wedding or otherwise) so that's why I had no interest in registering. I understand the purpose of them (no double items, people giving you what your tastes are) but they aren't foolproof because many people don't bother looking or don't know how to look (older people). Also, I often consult registries and then buy a similar items somewhere else if I can find a better deal. But, then I don't want to mark it off as being "purchased" if it's not the exact item (eg. when couples register for towels, I might go look at the colors they choose and then buy towels or accessories that are the same color elsewhere). Or you might see they need a can opener but do they really need the $20 can opener from The Bay?

Also I guess cause DH and I are in our late twenties/early 30s and both employed, and this is his third child, I feel a bit guilty registering for gifts as people probably think we should have our crap together to buy our own bibs etc.!

So when people ask me what we still need, I'm open and tell them - more often then not I say "diapers!" I am hoping to have enough stocked by the time the baby comes that I don't have to buy diapers for a year :)

Shannybum