Pregnancy Discussion Forum

Recent Forum Activity
Forum Categories
Start a New Topic Hide Signatures

*August 2012 Babies* <3 - Page 20

Replies (492)

Reply by curl_gurl » Mar. 28, 2012 9:15pm

Well I had my 3D/4D scan at 17 weeks and it was awesome. I got to see the baby's nose, mouth, eyes and even got to see my baby smile. I couldn't have asked for anything more.And I let all my family members view it on video which was available via their site.

User Image

curl_gurl

Reply by Briansgirl » Mar. 29, 2012 1:07am

got a phone call from the dr about my u/s results, turns out the umbilical cord has only one artery instead of two. dr said its nothing to worry about, that they will closely monitor growth and do an u/s on baby after its born to make sure the kidneys are okay. but, when i got home and did my own research i found that 25-50% of cases reault in birth defects in the heart, kidneys, intestines, musculoskeletal or nervous system. after 2 m/c i was really needing to hear that everything is perfect...

Briansgirl

Reply by wassernixe » Mar. 29, 2012 1:12pm

Briansgirl, try not to freak yourself out. I think someone asked a question about the umbilical cord having only 2 instead of 3 veins and arteries. You might want to check it out. Think positive and since your Dr. seems to think you shouldn't worry I would trust him.

I had my prenatal diagnostic ultrasound today (21 weeks, 3 days). And I got to see my baby in 3D/4D. It was so awesome, even if he's still pretty scrawny. DF was a little taken back, by how scrawny he was. I think his exact words, were "ugly". Poor baby, I think he looks totally cute and sweet. But then I knew what to expect, haha. Men...

User Image

User Image

wassernixe

Reply by cjpalaska » Mar. 29, 2012 1:28pm

briansgirl: I know it is hard not to worry and I am sure you still will until the baby is born..... but keep in mind that he/she may be perfectly fine! I would try to not worry so much until they notice something more is wrong with thier growth ect. There are so many things they can do for babies nowadays..... it is amazing...... so try not to let it damper being happy about your pregnancy and excitement for the birth!

Yeah for those of you who have done the 3D ultrasound!! My dr. office recommends that you have it done around 30 weeks to get the best pictures so we are having ours done in two weeks! Should be exciting and I have heard that they look just like they do when they are born (at least at 30 some weeks)

We are starting our parenting classes tonght..... makes it seem so real now! I am also now scheduled for dr. apts every 2 weeks! And in four weeks I will have to start going twice a week for non stress tests on the baby.... mostly because of my high blood pressure.... but that will really make it real and seem like it will be happening any day!!!

cjpalaska

Reply by NewBeginnings79 » Mar. 29, 2012 2:07pm

Hi lovelies! Sorry I've been MIA for a while... life has been crazy, and I just got through with traveling for work. That was the last time I'll be traveling for work before baby. I was supposed to do another trip mid-June, but after realizing how exhausting this trip was while pregnant, I can't imagine doing it at 33 weeks in June. Plus I would just be so nervous being away from home at that point in my pregnancy!

@Briansgirl - Thoughts and prayers are with you. I'm sure everything will be fine, but I know it's so difficult not to worry when you find additional info online. Will you be getting extra appointments to monitor your little one? That can always be comforting... the 4 week wait between every appointment can feel so long sometimes.

@Sara - I am sooooo sorry for your loss sweetie! My heart goes out to you and your family. xoxo

As for me, our baby reveal party went well. When we cut into the cake, it was PINK! We're having a girl!!! My BF definitely wanted a boy, but now we couldn't be more thrilled we're having a girl!!

I also found out at my last appointment that I have partial placenta previa. My doctor seems confident that the placenta still has time to grow away from the cervix, so I'm taking it in stride until my 28 week appointment when they will check again. In the meantime, I'm instructed no exercise (at least now I have an excuse), no heavy lifting, and no sex (uuuugh, that one is killing me, but so worth it for our little girl!). Even though doc is confident that it will work itself out, she warned us that if the placenta doesn't move, they would schedule us for a c-section at 36 weeks. I would love the opportunity to have a natural birth, but once again, top priority is baby's health, so I am just trying to remain optimistic and go with the flow. No sense in stressing about it!

Kicks are getting stronger and more frequent, and I love them! BF finally could feel the kicks last night, it was awesome! Yay!

NewBeginnings79

Reply by curl_gurl » Mar. 29, 2012 3:21pm

@CJ yeah my doctor recommended having it done in 3rd trimester also, but I'm a first time Mommy and I was too impatient for that, but I was still able to get a good view of the features it was so amazing.I mainly was going to find out the gender, but I didn't even find that out b/c the baby keep crossing its' legs and when its legs weren't crossed it kept putting its hands over the genital area...my mother said the baby already has my DH's sense of humor..lol. But I do plan to have another 3D session in my 3rd trimester.3D U/S is such a treat for first time parents.

User Image

curl_gurl

Reply by curl_gurl » Mar. 29, 2012 3:23pm

@CJ let us know how your parenting classes go, how exciting!

User Image

curl_gurl

Reply by sageviolet » Apr. 2, 2012 3:07pm

We got a DVD from the library called "Laugh and Learn about Childbirth". It's like a film of a birthing class that covers the stages of labor and what to do, but the woman who does it is very entertaining. There's another one by her about breastfeeding that I hope to get soon.

I had a check-up on Thursday. The midwife didn't have the doppler with her, just the fetascope, and she was like, "It doesn't usually work until 24 weeks, but we can try it." It worked! I got to listen, too.

Does anyone else play "I tap, you kick" while laying awake in bed unable to fall back asleep? We played again last night, lol. So fun but definately doesn't make me more sleepy.

This past week's task was to figure out which cloth diapers to put on the registry. We hope to use some elimination communication, too.

User Image

User Image

sageviolet

Reply by rkp0923 » Apr. 2, 2012 9:43pm

its a BOY! we had our u/s today :) it was so sweet. everything is looking perfect and he is measuring exactly for my due date! yay! now on to figuring out a name and nursery color scheme.....

pregnancy week by week

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

rkp0923

Reply by curl_gurl » Apr. 3, 2012 6:59pm

congrats rkp. Its a girl for us..yayy!! and this baby moves non-stop

User Image

curl_gurl

Reply by Mamaof2soon3 » Apr. 4, 2012 4:38am

Hey everyone..I decided to come on here and introduce myself..Im a mama of 2...this will be my 3rd..I just wanted to get more connected with other mamas due around the same time as I. I'm due Aug 28th...so..I guess I could possibly be in the wrong forum..My last baby was 4 days late...:) How are all you mamas doing?

Mamaof2soon3

Reply by cjpalaska » Apr. 6, 2012 2:24pm

Hi ladies... How is everyone doing?

We had our second class last night and it was relaxation/ massage methods during labor! It was great and I discovered some things I liked and some I definately didn't... good to know when the time comes!

Well, I got a call yesterday from my dr. office and it turns out I failed the glucose test - so now I have to go to a diabetes education class and see an endocrinologist! I am devastated and very stressed about it! My sister had GD and then got full diabetes after.... I am scared that will happen with me as well...... I also have celiacs disease and so I have to already follow a restricted diet so adding in the diabetes is just so stressful and alot to take on mentally!!! I wasn't prepared for this....... Now I am just scared and feel overwhelmed..... I have high blood pressure (from befoer I was pregnant); anemia from pregnancy; and now gestational diabetes....... SIGH!

cjpalaska

Reply by Briansgirl » Apr. 9, 2012 6:33pm

does anyone know how often you should feel baby move? Im supposed to keep pretty close track of how often baby moves since the umbilical cord only has one artery (sua), but i also have anterior placenta and the movements are muffled, if i feel them at all. is there some rule-of-thumb for tracking movements with anterior placenta?

Briansgirl

Reply by cjpalaska » Apr. 9, 2012 7:06pm

I know in general when they ask you to track babies movements then they have you count kicks (flutters, movements) There should be more than 10 in 2 hours.....

cjpalaska

Reply by sageviolet » Apr. 10, 2012 12:40pm

How many weeks along should you be when you start tracking if you don't have that problem? I feel like it's still early for us at 21 weeks. Mine is only active or in the right position at certain times of day. I don't feel much all day, but like last night when I first laid down in bed, I was able to feel lots of kicks!
...And I was annoyed with dh because he said he was too tired and didn't want to feel. He's only felt it once and this was a great opportunity. Anyway, he had a rough night and couldn't sleep, so I can't be too mad at him.

UPDATE: I just found the answer in the baby kicks tracker on here. It says:
"When to start kick counting? You should begin counting your baby's movements daily around 28 weeks and continue until delivery. Your doctor or midwife may ask you to start daily kick counting at 24-26 weeks if you have a high risk pregnancy. "

User Image

User Image

sageviolet

Reply by Briansgirl » Apr. 10, 2012 10:06pm

thanks ladies, i guess i can relax for at least a few more weeks! lol!

Briansgirl

Reply by wassernixe » Apr. 17, 2012 8:41am

How's everyone doing?

I feel like I'm just waiting for the 3rd trimester to start. The more I think about it the longer it seems to take. Haha.

I had my glucose screening a few weeks ago and am so relieved that I passed with flying colors. :) No GD for me.

Now if I can just keep my ballooning weight under control I will be set. I've gained 6 pounds in one month!

User Image

User Image

wassernixe

Reply by NewBeginnings79 » Apr. 28, 2012 7:50pm

Hi Ladies - How's everyone doing? I'm hoping the lack of chatter on our thread means that everyone's doing well and feeling good.

The latter part of the second trimester has been awesome for me. I finally did get a bit more energy, didn't really have much sickness, and have just been feeling happy in general. And now I'm heading into the 3rd trimester! Yay!! So excited to be at this point, but also realizing we still have so much to do.

The shower has been planned for June 2nd. I'm not a huge fan of showers, so my sister-in-law is making sure that it's very simple and tasteful brunch. I'm happy with that. We're also signed up for our birthing classes to start mid-May. And now we need to get our act together putting the nursery together. We have a plan, we just need to do it!!

Hope to hear how everyone is doing soon!!

User Image

User Image

NewBeginnings79

Reply by cjpalaska » Apr. 28, 2012 9:23pm

Well, I have my childbirth classes done... but we have a breastfeeding class on thurs...... I have been having a harder time of it this week.... Hemorroids have kicked in full swing and I have been miserable at night mostly with pain and difficulty going to the bathroom... I am trying everything from stool softeners to suppositories to sitz baths... hoping I can finally get some rest and relief soon! I also have been super tired and I am thinking my anemia might be getting worse again; I have a dr. apt. on Mon. so I am going to ask for a blood check again. Otherwise I am going twice a week now for non stress tests until we deliver. We have almost everything ready for our little one and I am definately seeing and feeling him/her moving everyday! Walking is uncomfortable and is getting hard as well as sleeping so I am tired alot! Enjoy the energy while you can!

cjpalaska

Reply by beckyhd86 » Apr. 29, 2012 2:11pm

Hi there

Can I join this club?

I am new here as of today and I'm due 24 August, with my first baby girl - Hollie (3rd pregnancy).

Really starting to feel her kicks/movements now.

Hope everyone else is doing OK. Got my 24 week 3D scan on Saturday 5 May 2012 and I can't wait!!!!!

User Image

User Image User Image
User Image User Image

beckyhd86