Pregnancy Discussion Forum

Recent Forum Activity
Forum Categories
Start a New Topic Hide Signatures

Expecting an April Baby <3 - Page 3

Replies (136)

Reply by Chrissykay » Aug. 10, 2014 10:49pm

Hi ladies, I am joining your group as I got my BFP yesterday! My due date is April 19, 2015 according to online resources (I am making a Dr's appt in the morning) Good luck to everyone still waiting to test and congrats on all those who already got their BFPs :)

User Image
DS 5/4/99
DD 11/25/03 (blessed with my sweet step-daughter)
DS 10/22/09
7/13/14
8/09/14 Fingers crossed for my own baby girl!

Chrissykay

Reply by Chickray » Aug. 10, 2014 11:01pm

5 weeks today and the symptoms have really kicked in.
Welcome Chrissy and congrats on your BFP.

Chickray

Reply by tjwjtw21 » Aug. 10, 2014 11:11pm

Glad you found us chrissykay!! Welcome!

Chickray- what kind of symptoms are you having? I was having some nausea when I first got my BFP but it's mostly subsided. Now I'm dealing with some constipation- probably from the nausea meds, lol. Feel better soon!

tjwjtw21

Reply by sunrisefarmergirl » Aug. 11, 2014 10:28am

welcome Chrissy

Symptoms are def here but not bad....

should get bloods tomorrow~~ eeekkkkkk

http://www.countdownmypregnancy.com/tickers/pregnant-1404968400z3z1407301200z0.png

sunrisefarmergirl

Reply by Rose16 » Aug. 11, 2014 1:35pm

My nausea kicked in right at 5 weeks 3 days, I'm guessing thats when your hormones are the highest. I told my doctor about it and she suggested ginger candies. Bought them and they do help! Also got some ginger ale. She said the nausea will continue to get worse as the weeks go on.

Rose16

Reply by Chickray » Aug. 11, 2014 2:46pm

Tjwj: the sore boobs, nausea have increased along with the need to urinate. The fatigue is really bad. I don't sleep well at night for waking up to pee then I need naps during the day. Trying to drink lots of water and I don't complain because I would rather feel this way than not have my baby. So a little house work, rest, eat,drink and repeat. I can't wait to see my beta results.

Chickray

Reply by mriphenburg » Aug. 11, 2014 2:52pm

Hello... Decided to jump on over here and join you ladies expecting in April. Based on my LMP my little one is due April 19. Couldn't tell you at all when I o'd... was very distracted during that time frame and just bded every chance i got. This is my second pregnancy as I have a 2 1/2 year old dd at home. First pregnancy I never had a single symptom. I can tell you that nausea is already becoming an issue for me. Hoping that its only when I have an empty stomach... so I bought lots of snacks to carry in my purse and keep in my desk to keep that sick feeling away. I tested on Friday but have to wait until my short term disability policy is all set up to go to the dr. :( Hoping he gets back to me today... I can't afford to have a baby without it.

mriphenburg

Reply by Bumpin4Baby » Aug. 11, 2014 2:55pm

Morning loves! Today I am 4 weeks and 4 days! I was doing some reading over the weekend and I ran across an article that was saying that if you get an early BFP it could be multiples.. I wonder how true that is?? Which I got mine at 13 DPO so I don't consider that early even though I have a 16D LP. I do have twins in my family though, my grandpa was a twin. I honestly don't know what I would do if I had twins.. EEKKK..

Ok, back to reality! Today, I just feel good. I woke up with a stuffy nose and slight headache but that has subsided and well.. I just feel good today! I am just sitting here trying to resist the urge to stuff my face, LOL!

Bumpin4Baby

Reply by Bumpin4Baby » Aug. 11, 2014 3:00pm

Hey MRI! I totally understand the not being able to afford to have a baby. I just now got pregnancy insurance added on to my healthcare plan at work. If it weren't for that I would be screwed. I don't even know how much it even costs to have a baby!! With my daughter I had pregnancy medicaid which paid for everything. I make "too much" to get that now though. All I know is my plan pays 80% which is pretty good I guess. I am kind of nervous to know how much we will owe out of pocket this time. Little bean is worth it though! :)

Bumpin4Baby

Reply by awebste » Aug. 11, 2014 3:40pm

HI ALL!

6 weeks today! Due April 6th!

Super excited - first baby! Excited and nervous. Not many symptoms yet.....but I am sure they will get me soon! ;)

awebste

Reply by tjwjtw21 » Aug. 11, 2014 3:52pm

Hey bumpin- I have read that in some places too... Not so much that it's early but because the hcg levels are higher it can sometimes mean multiples. I've also read the total opposite- that hcg levels have nothing to do with it. I've done a little looking at betabase.org and it does seem that hcg levels are higher with multiples. Not sure what to believe. My levels seemed a little high to me and my first BFP was 9DPO. I also had my HSG this cycle which I hear can increase chances.... Also a trigger as it forces release of all follies... I have a lot of reasons to be worried, lol.
We do have twins in the family, all maternal side. My generation is the only one so far to not have any....
My mother thinks it would be great but she doesn't even live in the same state... Plus I'm a single mom so it would require her moving here to help for sure!!

Anyhow, for now I just wait until my first appt on 8/22.

Is it just me or does anyone still POAS??? I'm an addict and since I have extras laying around I can't help myself!!

tjwjtw21

Reply by Bumpin4Baby » Aug. 11, 2014 4:03pm

It's not just you tjw! I POAS every chance I get, LOL. Would you be happy if you had twins? I would be happy, but I never had any intention on having 3.. Our house is pretty small and we had planned on buying a bigger house before TTC but nothing ever seemed to go our way. We have 3 bedrooms and I suppose that is enough for now, I just wish we had more space. I have always wanted a big house!

Bumpin4Baby

Reply by Chickray » Aug. 11, 2014 4:24pm

I tested pos on 10 DPO, plus twins on both sides but I think it comes from the mothers side that counts, right? I have more twins on my daddy's side. The thing is I'm 40 so md said I have a higher chance. I don't feel it though. What I'm feeling is a single little girl. We will see! I quit my job a few months ago due to high stress and the typical office drama of lying, whispering and backstabbing. So paying cash for this baby. Will be roughly 4000-5000 depending on how well I do. I have spoken to blue cross blue shield and if I decide to take out insurance they told me it would cover me even though I'm already pregnant. I have done the math and it will cost about 300 a month for insurance which will equal the cost of having the baby paying cash but if something went wrong and I ended up in the hospital with complications we would be stressed. About to start building a new house on top of everything else. We would love twins though.

Chickray

Reply by tjwjtw21 » Aug. 11, 2014 4:41pm

I would be happy for anything as long as it's healthy. Deep down I want a girl but I know that I have no control over that so I will take what I get as long as it's healthy. Being a single mom of 2 already is hard, adding more will definitely be a challenge but I'm up for it. If there were more than 1 then my mom would def need to come closer to help. Right now, her and I aren't seeing eye to eye so I hope she can move past this speed bump....

Anyone dealt with this- my mom told my oldest son (14) that I was pregnant... Even though I was very clear with her not to tell anyone as it was and still is very early. She doesn't see why it's a problem.... I've tried to explain the fact that it's early but also bigger to me is that she stole my moment. I would've gladly shared it with her.... But she choose to just take it into her own hands. A few days after is when she confessed, but not because she felt bad... She wanted me to know the reaction that my son had. I'm still hurt over it and to make matter worse she's now not talking to me because of it all. She doesn't think I should be upset with her and she's upset that I am.... Grrrr.... I've told her how it makes me feel and that we were moving on and not dwelling on the issue, but yesterday she said she needs more time!! WTH!?!?! Shouldn't I be the one to decide when we move on???

Anyhow.... Glad I'm not alone with my POAS problem. Today I used my second to last FRER and the test line was so dark and the control line was barely there... Seems to be progressing so I'm happy!!! I have 2 more digis with weeks indicator that I'm waiting to use for my 3+ weeks. I had a 2-3 on 8/9. Plan to check again tmrw as I will officially be 5 weeks then!!

tjwjtw21

Reply by Bumpin4Baby » Aug. 11, 2014 4:42pm

Well, 4000-5000 isn't as bad as I thought it would be! My work pays for my health insurance (I work in insurance). Which is great! Well, maybe you will have twins then since you would be happy with it!! FX :)

Bumpin4Baby

Reply by Bumpin4Baby » Aug. 11, 2014 4:57pm

tjw: I don't blame you at all for being upset!! That should have been you that told your son, not her. Now that it is over though, maybe you guys can work it out! Hate to hear that..

Bumpin4Baby

Reply by Chickray » Aug. 12, 2014 1:01am

We had a 10 min mild storm come through and it manage to blow a tree limb through my car windshield and killed our a/c system in the house. Fat girl refuses to sleep hot so we went to town and got a window unit and a box fan. Too bad the tree didn't crush my car. I sure would love to have a new Range Rover. Also I made a home peach cobble and used all purpose flour instead of self rising. I swear I have lost my brain lately.

Chickray

Reply by sunrisefarmergirl » Aug. 12, 2014 9:07am

glad you werent in your car!!! HECTIC!

I have med aid but not too sure on how much it covers??

GOT My HCG... weds was 37 and yesterday is 537!!! yipeeeee.... so going to see DR today for checkup etc.

tjw... sorry you so upset,,, hope its sorts out..

chicken and bumpin ...we also have twins on BOTH sides of family... I honestly dont know what we would feel?? I worry that I wouldnt get to dote on my first child as would be so busy just trying to cope with two?? but have no idea what reaction would be until it happens.. would prob be delighted...

Also feeling great today. sleeping is not so great.... and peeing all day and night... BUT as you said.. no complaints as long as we have these little beans in us...
I wanna call it peanut and DH wants to call it seedling! Typical farmer hey>? hahahahah

http://www.countdownmypregnancy.com/tickers/pregnant-1404968400z3z1407301200z0.png

sunrisefarmergirl

Reply by KFlynn » Aug. 12, 2014 11:47am

I have been watching this forum since 1 week after ovulation, Just found out Friday that I am pregnant! Had every symptom possible it seemed for the last 3 or so weeks. My due date will be April 3rd! We had a very slim chance of ever being able to get pregnant. I'm ecstatic! :)

I've been nothing but exhausted the last few days, and sore beyond belief! Def need to invest in a sports bra for nights :/

User Image User Image

KFlynn

Reply by sunrisefarmergirl » Aug. 12, 2014 1:13pm

congrats helle!!! AND WELCOME!

sunrisefarmergirl