Forum Categories
Start a New Topic Hide Signatures

BYOB: Leaking and Lamaze - Page 4

Replies (286)

Reply by dmpage » Sep. 14, 2011 6:59pm

Oh, and a sonogram picture of baby....

dmpage

Reply by yasminesa » Sep. 14, 2011 7:08pm

Aisha - I had to laugh out loud at the man raping cows and skunks thats just soo funny. As for the failing as a mother thing I had one of those dreams the other week that evrything I had gotten for the baby was useless and i couldn't do the simpliest of things, deffo think its the fear of becoming a 1st time mum and the hormones.

DMP - Sounds like you had a successful shower all of what you wanted and some beautiful sentiments, thats lovely and very cherrishing

One gorgeous daughter, Baby #2 (my little surprise) on the way xXx Yasmine

User Image

yasminesa

Reply by pookerdooks » Sep. 14, 2011 7:36pm

DMPage- we must have been typing at the same time. I think how your friend put it was perfect. People want to give showers to show their love and support, not because you need or want a handout.

Aisha

User Image

pookerdooks

Reply by bens10 » Sep. 14, 2011 8:39pm

My family is Italian and thus, don't believe in baby showers. They are very superstitious. However, there have been many, many babies born in my family and there have been some baby showers. So I don't know what I will do yet. We might have a "welcome home baby" shower... but not sure yet. DH wants us to have a shower so we will have everything we need all ready to go.

I had a dream that I was doing cocaine the other day and I was so mad at myself in the dream ( I have never done cocaine... nor would I want to - no offense to anyone that has) it was sooooo weird. I woke up so pissed at myself.

Allie and Erica - so HAPPY everything is good with the little beans!! so relieving!!!

nothing really new with me. I started my 10th week. I am sleeping much better, still really bloated and tired. And the acne won't let up. But other than that, I am doing ok. I have another U/S on Sept 29th, so 2 weeks.

Happy to have some of the fall TV back!!!

User Image

bens10

Reply by Shannybum » Sep. 14, 2011 9:38pm

Why don't they believe in baby showers? Do they think it's a jinx? What about a shower once baby is born (that's whats' customary here in my area)

Shannybum

Reply by KatieK » Sep. 15, 2011 10:38am

Mornin' Ladies,

So after reading everyone's responses about the showers, I do understand what you all are saying about wanting to share the joy of the new baby with you. I guess all of the 2nd showers I have ever been to are not planned pregnancies, and for the most part are not "unwanted" but not "responsible" pregnancies. Sooooo, I guess I just have a different experience than most on this thread.

ALthough I do like the idea of asking guests NOT to bring gifts but to write something down, or bring a book, or diapers and wipes...they would be useful.

I guess since I always take a gift when I go to see my friend's and family's babies for the first time, I think that a shower is a mute point point for subsequent pregnancies. Don't get me wrong...when pregnant with DD, my mom through me a shower, and I got all but 3 things on my registry (all which proved to be uneeded anyway). This was the first baby on my side since 1989!!!!

If this is your first baby, you should definetly have a shower!

I think that my family is going to throw a small shower, as my step-mom mentioned something about me not buying the video monitor quite yet. It will be only family, and potentially my CLOSEST friends, of which there are 3. I am grateful for anything they do and whatever I may receive, but I hope noone goes out of their way for the party, like catered etc...they tend to go overboard.

So anyway, off the shower subject , and on to the dream subject. I have had dreams where I was paying attention to one of my ids and the second one drowned, so it's not just 1st mom jitters....those dreams of inadequacy come with the 2nd kid too. ALso had the weirdest, most bizarre, disturbing sex dreams EVER...will not even tell you what they have been about because you were for sure think I am completely messed up in the head!. Nonetheless, most of my dreams are of good sex, but a ridiculous amount of it!

I hope everyone has a great day, and I will check back in later.

K

KatieK

Reply by popstarh8er » Sep. 15, 2011 3:51pm

Sorry Ladies ... I got sick with another cold yesterday and had to head home after only a couple hours of work. So, I am replying from memory as I didn't write anything down.

Aisha - gDiapers ... I am going to try both the flushable disposables and the reusables. I figure again, the situation can determine which I will use. I figure disposables in the beginning, during meconium stage and for outings ... like to church, it will be easier to flush than to carry dirty diapers around. At home ... reusable. But *shrugs* Gemma may have an aversion to one or the other, so I am going to try to be flexible. I did purchase 2 already (just the outside gPant and the snap liner, not the inside parts yet) because they had a buy one - get one free deal on diapers.com. I bought a bright pink in medium and got a vanilla large for free, which I thought was a pretty good deal.

As to showers and registries, I understand and agree with everything you ladies have said thus far. I guess my only other experience with registries is from my wedding. My husband was going to move in with me to my apartment after we got married, and I had a lot of kitchen things and most everything I needed already. So, when I did register ... I literally only registered for the 20 or so items I REALLY did need. Not two weeks later, I had several family friends tell me, "You need to add more items to your registry. There isn't nearly enough for all of us to get you something."

........ I had trouble coming up with more items, but they were right. For our wedding at least, a lot of people stuck closely to the registry. I can see how a baby shower would be different though. Like has already been said, a shower is like a big party to show how excited we all are ....... not to hope to fill the nursery. That having been said, I agree with whoever said (maybe it was Aisha also) that she was using the registry as her own checklist. I agree 100% with that, and I know that Target will give you a discount on the items left over on your registry, so it's like a built in coupon for yourself.

I think I am definitely in a pre-nesting stage. I am anxious to have the shower over and done with now, so I can see what items we have, what we don't have ... and really be able to start putting her room together more. I use to feel content walking into the room after it got painted and cleaned. Now, I will feel a little more content when there are some things put away ...................
I am still blown away that she is going to be here soon. We are going to be parents *passes out* ... It's just too good to be true.

So, yeah ... my boss came in sick a few days ago, and I must have gotten it from him. As if being sick for 3+ weeks and the yeast infection a little while ago wasn't enough, I was pretty aggravated to get sick again so quickly ... especially with the shower being a week away. By 10:30am, I had to head home. Just sitting and answering the phone was requiring too much energy. I went home, loaded up on vitamins, got in bed shivering even though my face was hot, and when I woke up a couple hours later to go to the bathroom, I was burning up. The next few times I woke up, I was burning up too .. but not sweating yet. By 6pm my fever broke and I started sweating like crazy. I still am a little sweaty, nose a little stuffed ... but my energy is back again. I can handle that!

I'm sure I am forgetting something else, but I can't remember right now lol. I haven't had any interesting dreams lately, so I can't add to that topic. Lots of to all of your wonderful ladies and I hope you have a great day!

Kat
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 BabyFruit Ticker
 BabyFetus Ticker

popstarh8er

Reply by allioak » Sep. 15, 2011 5:52pm

Hey girls,

Home from work with an awful migraine today. I used to work through them, but now that I can't take anything they get super awful. First time staying home cause of one...hope they don't happen too often!!! Looking forward to meeting my OB on Tuesday though! Hope it goes well :)

I also feel like i've been putting some of my friends off lately that don't know about the pregnancy yet. Mostly because when you feel crappy it's kind of hard to fake that everything is different than it is. And my couple of friends who know are very excited and ask lots of questions, but I feel weird talking about it too much because nobody has ever been pregnant before... Is this all normal to feel? I can't wait for the next 4 weeks and letting the world know!

Allison

Allison

User Image

allioak

Reply by pookerdooks » Sep. 15, 2011 7:02pm

Kat- Aww the little gpants are so cute! I decided just to stick with the flushables mostly because I want to get into a system of doing one thing. Hope you feel better!

Allison-Sorry your head hurts. I went through the same thing with my friends. During my first trimester, I had a couple friends get married and I had to be at all their weddings, bridal showers, and bachelorette parties. But I really wasn't feeling very well at that point and felt like I came off as such a party pooper. Now that my friends know, it still feels funny sometimes because I'm the first to be pregnant so they have constant questions. They are really very excited for me which is wonderful, but sometimes I feel a little uncomfortable with all the attention.

Well I may go MIA again for the weekend like I usually do. I spend most weekends with my parents helping to take care of my grandparents and I usually don't bring my computer with me. Tomorrow I will be busy all day so I don't know if I will be on again before I leave or not

Aisha

User Image

pookerdooks

Reply by popstarh8er » Sep. 15, 2011 9:04pm

Aisha - That sounds like a plan to me, and thanks for the well wishes <3

I did forget something in my re-cap earlier. Last night for the first time, I spent half the night out on our loveseat recliner trying to get better sleep once my hips and legs started hurting. This seemed to work pretty well, and I will probably continue to do this half way through the night up until I deliver. However, (since we had talked earlier about leg cramps at night) last night for the first time ever ... I got a charlie horse in my FOOT after stretching some. Yeah, the sole of my FOOT! That was painful, but I kind of laughed at myself, but I am more guarded about my calves getting cramps, but I never thought of being careful over my feet *shrugs*

popstarh8er

Reply by dmpage » Sep. 15, 2011 11:09pm

Holy toledo! I used to get them in my feet, calves and twice in my QUADS during my last two pregnancies. I'm sensing the tenderness and waiting for the cramps to start. A banana a day helps!

:D

dmpage

Reply by copsgirl953 » Sep. 16, 2011 12:20am

Evening ladies. Trying to catch up with everyone. The shower thing: I didn't know after you had one baby that you're more than likely not to get a baby shower for any baby after that. I had two for my oldest. And then when I was pregnant with my second, I wanted a shower, but was told it wasn't customary to have another. But I don't know if I'm gonna have any for this baby. But it's been quite a while since my second was born. One of my best friends wants to throw me one though. So I dunno.

As for diapers: We are planning on using the BumRite cloth diapers. They have a package that includes all the diapers you need from birth to potty training. And it's only around $600. The amount you pay for diapers from birth to potty training with disposables is around $1200! We're gonna buy them in January or February. Around income tax time. Just in time for baby to get here in early March.

AFM: Had to go to my OB yesterday again. This time it was just for a UA which came back positive for UTI. So I'm taking Macro for that now. I had really bad radiating pain and pinching in my lower abdomen Monday and Tuesday. With everything else going on I assumed it was pregnancy related. But it was going to my left kidney. I have a history of kidney stones so I told the nurse that and she started me on the Macro and tylenol w/codeine for pain. While at the OBs yesterday my dr passed by and asked me how I was. And she told me I could go listen to baby's heart tones if I wanted. She knows how I am. I'm so glad she lets me get an ultrasound anytime I'm concerned. Hubby and the girls were with me. So the girls got to see baby for the first time. The u/s tech would jiggle my stomach and make the baby kick and the girls thought that was so cute. Baby looked good, heartbeat was 157.

OAN: No more morning sickness "knock on wood". Just have these terrible sinus headaches Anyway, hope everyone has a great Friday. Hubby has to work this weekend But my sister is coming to stay with the girls and I. Mostly in case I need something. I'm still on bedrest partially.

Erica
Miscarriage September 28, 2011 - 16w1d
Mommy to Christen 9, Haley 7, Mason, and Aiden

copsgirl953

Reply by Shannybum » Sep. 16, 2011 4:59pm

Morning ladies! TGIF!

This has been a long week. I've been having pressure in my lower abdomen all week, its especially bad when I'm walking. I guess it's just the extra weight..this week I've been gaining a lot - I think I'm up 2 pounds from last week. Ack! My appetite has decreased a lot though, I guess since my stomach has squished - I'm no longer hungry all the time and I can't eat very much at once without feeling sick.

I'm only working a half day as I have to get the kidlets from school since nana and papa are away and DH is working out of the area....have a housefull of guests this weekend which is adding to my stress - having to keep house clean, people fed etc. They arrive tonight.

Time is going way too fast and I wish I could slow it down! Into the single digits for countdown weeks now!!

Shannybum

Reply by yasminesa » Sep. 19, 2011 10:00am

Hey ladies,

Hope you all had a nice weekend, sorry for those of you not feeling great.

Shannybum - how was your weekend with your guests?

Sorry I can't list you all my brain just doesn't want to start at the moment lol no change there then

Well it's monday morning and I am a happy lady coz I quit work, Yay!!! So I had a lovely lie in with dh and got breakfast in bed, I could get used to this lol.
Finally got my 12 week scan on friday. They had actually forgotten me until I called on friday, the receptionist apologised and made me one immediately and at a time that dh can make it, so very pleased about that. Dh's boss doesn't know I'm preggers and dh doesn't want to tell him before everythings been checked on friday.

As for my weekend saturday was just a regular saturday catching up on the house work, grocery shopping, ect. But Sunday was fun as it was our towns end of summer fair, so me, dh and bil went out and had fun. Dh won a giant panda teddy for me, bless him, and bil won a tiger for himself, got a cartoon drawing of dh soo cute and generally had fun.

What about you ladies?

One gorgeous daughter, Baby #2 (my little surprise) on the way xXx Yasmine

User Image

yasminesa

Reply by shell1403 » Sep. 19, 2011 4:44pm

oh my gosh i havent been on here in a while but i just havent been up to it. i cant find the plug to my camera so it cant charge so therefor i cant take pictures but i may just use my phone cause i give up lol! alli, i hope your headaches go away mine did after i had a small amt of caffeine daily=) well ill make sure to keep in touch more.....if my heartburn doesnt kill me 1st. my 1st apt is next monday and ill be 8w5d so i hope i get to hear the hb and also they are doing a u/s......im nervous!! ill be back in a few days im sure, i hope everyone is doing great!

User Image

shell1403

Reply by Shannybum » Sep. 19, 2011 4:52pm

Good morning, all!

I had a super busy weekend with a house full of male guests! (Came over from mainland for a big golf tournament). So I was cooking and cleaning most of the weekend and now will be cleaning the rest of this week!

Nothing new pregnancy wise....managed to get back down a pound and a half, which made me happy (I was packing it on a bit fast) and this week I will be focussing on getting back into walking in the evenings. I stopped doing it in the summer as it was so hot! But the evenings are cool now and so I will try to start again. As my stretch marks are getting a little bigger :( and I've noticed some cellulite on my thighs which I didn't have before. Sigh.

Baby has been very active all weekend, I can feel it moving from one side of my belly to the other.

I got stung by a wasp yesterday - I grabbed my keys and I guess it was sitting on them and as I closed my palm it got me. I dropped keys and wasp was stuck in me so I shook it off. Man I almost cried it hurt so bad. Now my two concerns: 1. My hand is all red and very very swollen - is that normal? I haven't been stung in over a decade so I can't remember if it should swell - any danger to baby? Can I take anything for it? 2. If a wasp sting almost brought me to tears/fainting HOW THE HECK am i going to handle chilbirth????

Shannybum

Reply by popstarh8er » Sep. 19, 2011 8:32pm

Aww, Shannon you crack me up! Pregnancy and labor have a happy result that you can think of during labor ... and wasp sting? no happy ending. Generally if you got stung on an arm or leg, it shouldn't swell up, but I did have a wasp land on the side of my foot once and sting me there. I think it swelled up a good bit in that location and I imagine it would on your hand also. I couldn't wear a shoe on that foot for like a week. I would google it, but I think the best bet for treating it would be: make sure the stinger is out (i'm sure you already did that after examining the sting) and I remember icing my foot helped. Maybe Aisha with her medical background could give you a better answer.

AFM, this weekend was busy for me also. Went to my cousin's wedding reception on Saturday. Showed up 1 1/2 hours early to help out and walked in to find them in a frantic state of panic. So much still had to be done. So, I ended up helping a LOT more than I had originally anticipated AND stayed afterwards to help clean up. We had a really good time, but I felt beat up after from all of the work and didn't get home until late.

Yesterday, dh and I finished putting together the last piece of furniture we have so far: the crib. Now the room is somewhat complete, furniture-wise and is ready for the onslaught of chaos that will come after our shower on Saturday. I've already been given a couple of items from people telling me that they won't be able to make it on Saturday.

It's likely to be quite a big bash. We have a large family on my father's and mother's side that live locally. My step-mom, who is throwing it, also has invited members of HER large family and we have a LARGE, LARGE congregation of church friends ........... all coming to this one shower. My step-mom rented a big hall and is really spending a lot more money than I probably would have liked (but my parents make good money so *shrugs* it's hers to spend I suppose). She is having it catered, got the cake from a fancy cake maker, and is even picking up fresh flowers from a florist. *passes out* It sounds fancier than my wedding reception haha! There are just going to be a lot of people there and the stress of such a big day is weighing down on me. I will be very grateful when it is all over and hopefully I can be feeling well enough that day to play the part of the beautiful "expectant mother".

It's going to be exhausting. :)

I have an ob appointment tomorrow to do my blood glucose test again *slams head on keyboard*. Hopefully, I don't walk out and forget about this one!

Hope you ladies are having a wonderful day and lots of to all of you!

Kat
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 BabyFruit Ticker
 BabyFetus Ticker

popstarh8er

Reply by pookerdooks » Sep. 19, 2011 10:06pm

I will reply more but I'm about to run out the door but wanted to help!

Shannon- Benedryl is pregnancy safe and should help your reaction!

Aisha

User Image

pookerdooks

Reply by Tink087 » Sep. 19, 2011 11:26pm

Shanny,
hope everything is better. I'm allergic to wasps and bees so if I get stung its straight to the hospital I have to go.

How is everyone else doing?

Afm: just patiently counting down the next 24 days and trying to keep focused on my school work. I'm working on so many assignments in advance so I won't fall behind I have to admit this is very exhausting, especially since i'm still not getting adequate sleep and I feel a lot more pressure. 37 week Ultrasound on Wednesday, *happily sighs*, the end is almost near.

Whitney, Keith, and Nahla Foster one big happy family completed on 10/10/11

Tink087

Reply by pookerdooks » Sep. 20, 2011 1:25am

Tink- I'm like you! I have to carry an epipen in case of stings! Good luck with all your school work.

AFM- I had a bad cold this weekend. I didn't mind not being able to take meds during the day because I never found that daytime cold meds gave me any relief, but at night, not being able to take something to help me sleep made me miserable. I didn't sleep for two days which made my cold worse since sleep is the only real treatment for a cold. And all the drainage into my stomach would make me vomit so I was not happy. Finally, by last night I was so exhausted I was able to sleep and feel significantly better today.

Aisha

User Image

pookerdooks