Pregnancy Discussion Forum

Recent Forum Activity
Forum Categories
Start a New Topic Hide Signatures

December 2015 Babies - Page 43

Replies (943)

Reply by pbc910 » Dec. 28, 2015 8:19am

Hey ladies! Sounds like mommyhood is keeping a lot of us super busy!

MrsZero - I pray good health is coming your all's way! While the babies are well in my house, I am getting a cold or allergies. It started off with a sore throat and now a cough. I feel like it's probably the change in the weather but it's still annoying. I can feel all the gunk in the back of my throat. While I don't enjoy feeling like this, I'd much rather deal with it than the twins being sick!

MalPal - I know you are having issues with BFing but I know you'll find solutions that work best for Colton. So many moms have to formula feed. You tried and it may not work and that's ok! I know how it feels though, as I wrote on your JE. I'm almost to 100% formula now and even though its expensive, it's nice to have everyone be able to feed the twins. How is the c-section recovery going?

miniray - any signs that baby is coming? I know your due date is coming up...any plans for if baby doesn't come then?

Nothing new in twinworld. They are 6 weeks tomorrow and still giving us NO sleep! Fiona sleeps better and usually sleeps for about 3 hrs while Oliver sleeps a lot less. SHe is much more content and he is becoming more fussy. All he wants to do is eat, ALL THE TIME! We were able to get them to sleep in their cribs for a small period of time the other night. Actually, I did it randomly after having a mini meltdown because they wouldn't stop crying after I tried everything to soothe them. So I gave them baths and put them down to sleep. Amazingly, Fiona fell asleep and Oliver, after a little feeding, went to sleep too. We haven't had luck since getting them to sleep there. We've basically had no routine and just been doing whatever we can to survive and get some sleep. Starting today, we are beginning a routine and will start more play activities and then start a bedtime routine. I pray it works. Sleep deprivation really sucks and I even am able to get some good sleep at least once a week with my mom's help. But the twins are growing and getting more alert. I am loving them more and more each day!

pbc910

Reply by miniray » Dec. 28, 2015 8:14pm

Hi Ladies,

Well I'm still here, just updated my journal and added my latest bump photo. I've been taking a break from the site because I've been starting to feel a bit depressed that I'm still waiting. I didn't have any updates myself, but I've been reading yours :-) I still seem to be losing bits of the mucus plug every day, it seems that it can regrow ?! I did not know that. Virtually everything is making me cry lately, I had my worst meltdown ever when I came home from my 39w appointment, I just couldn't stop. I must have been crying for about 2 hours when BF came home from work that day. Baby has been quite active this last 3 days, and I've had BH all day today, though none of them painful. They're usually painful enough to keep me awake at night, but they always stop after 1 hour, so frustrating. I go for my first monitoring session on Wednesday, then every 2 days after that until baby arrives or they induce me. I really didn't want that to happen, but if it has to be that way, so be it.

miniray

Reply by pbc910 » Dec. 29, 2015 8:38am

This brings back memories of the weekend before the twins were born and me crying in the bathroom because I was so miserable. It doesn;t seem like it but there may be a time when you miss feeling like that! Ok, I really don't miss the shitty parts of pregnancy but I do look back on them and then remember all the positives parts of it. But one day all this waiting will be a distant memory. Not much longer now!

pbc910

Reply by miniray » Dec. 30, 2015 3:33pm

Hi Ladies,

I went for my first monitoring session today, 45 minutes of sitting still, listening to the baby's heart beat :-) It's still averaging 158bpm, my blood pressure is fine at 140/80, baby was moving quite a bit and I had 2 BH while I was there, so at least they know I'm having them. My regular Doctor is on vacation (!), so his replacement came to see me instead. I told him about the painful BH i'd been having, and he told me it was most likely to be false labour, which is a good sign that things are moving in the right direction.

So, unless I go into labour in the next 24 or so hours, it looks like I'm having a January baby....

miniray

Reply by MrsZero » Dec. 31, 2015 4:40pm

hi ladies,

miniray - I hope youre ok, the last bit is pretty rough, waiting sucks.

pbc - glad the twins are doing well and you're working on getting them into the crib

happy new year to you all xx

MrsZero

Reply by MalPal85 » Dec. 31, 2015 10:00pm

Pbc - Thanks for thinking of me. My friend just had her baby a few days after Christmas and the funny thing is is that she messaged me and asked if I was pumping. she basically went through the same thing I did at the hospital with all the nurses, etc... pushing the breastfeeding and she had a breakdown herself at the hospital. She has chosen to exclusively formula feed as well. I know a lot of you ladies have/are done/doing the same but it's also nice to hear it from a close friend. I'm still pumping and planning to pump until nothing else comes out. Like I said, I'm only getting about an ounce a day when pumping 3 times for 20 minutes. It sucks that it is ending so soon but I really can't complain because my husband's aunt works at the pediatrician office we go to and, so far, we haven't had to pay for formula. Also, if you don't have a baby Keurig I recommend getting one ASAP! Best thing ever!
My recovery is going quite well. I still get a burning sensation when I move the wrong way but other than that, I'm good. I went about a week with it itching really bad but that is over. Now it's just numb above it which I hear can last a long time.
I can't believe your twins are already 6 weeks! It sounds like they are thriving! Sorry about the restless nights.

Miniray - Sorry the waiting is torture! Hopefully your day is coming soon! Can't wait to hear about it! Sorry about the meltdowns but you're so close. Just hang in there! Glad your monitoring session went well! Maybe you'll have him at midnight and be on the news for the first 2016 baby!

Hope everyone else is doing well!

We've been kind of lucky so far but I'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop, lol. Colton is, so far, on a schedule at night. He kind of does what he wants during the day. We usually feed him last at about 11:30pm and yesterday we finally got the OK to let him sleep through the night and wake up when he's hungry instead of us waking him up to eat but he pretty much woke up shortly after we were waking him up. He really only gets up once at night at about 4:00am for food then again at around 7:00am. I'm sure that will change though because the pediatrician said he may start to want to cluster feed. He gained 1 lb, 1 ounce in a week and 3/4s of an inch so we are totally pumped! You can see his chubby cheeks filling out and I love it. He's peeling everywhere though and looks like a snake shedding but the pediatrician said that is normal. We got newborn pictures done today and I cannot wait to see them! He cooperated much better than we thought but I'm pretty sure the photographer was the baby whisperer, lol.

Hope everyone has a happy new years! We're just staying in and cooking up some steak and scallops! Hopefully I'll make it to see the ball drop!

MalPal85

Reply by miniray » Jan. 2, 2016 9:57am

Hi Ladies,

Well, I'm still here! I'm feeling a lot calmer this last few days, I guess it finally sank it that I have no control over when this baby will arrive. I had my 2nd monitoring session yesterday, all is still well. He was wriggling so much they had trouble finding his heartbeat, but what they could capture was pretty stable. We go back again tomorrow, and if I make it to a 4th session (Tues), then my regular Doc will be back from Vacation and he will make the decision of when to induce me. The nice part is I finally got to meet some of the hospital staff, so far they've all been lovely, so I feel like I'm in safe hands, which is also reassuring :-)

We kept it simple for New Year's, BF cooked - shrimp cocktail, pasta, and one of the best chocolate cakes I've ever had :-) He even managed to found some alcohol-free fizz for us to drink, which was nice. We just about managed to make it midnight, we both almost fell asleep on the sofa!

Hope you all are having a great start to 2016, I look forward to making our birth announcement in the very near future!

miniray

Reply by pbc910 » Jan. 3, 2016 7:41am

MalPal - SCORE on the free formula! We haven't had to buy much yet due to getting free cans from the peds office and we got two huge tubs for Christmas! We are using Parent's Choice from Walmart because my SIL swears by it and it's been fine for us. I'm over pumping. It's stupid. I don't get but drops at this point. I've been breastfeeding the babies on and off during the day and they must be getting a bit because their poo is mustardy and seedy like they say to expect. That burning feeling will go away soon. I actually got a hint of it this week. Otherwise, I have to say that by the 2nd week, I was feeling completely fine. My bleeding stopped at 5 weeks and my incision is healing fine according to the doctor. Make sure you are drying it and if your belly hangs over it, use a liner or pad to put over the incision. If it gets sweaty, you'll get a funky smell. Gross but normal! Colton is super adorable! Those newborn pics were great! I want to get some professional pics of the twins but I am cheap. Hoping to use my mom's expensive camera and edit them to look professional. Not that I even have those skills!

miniray - I am surprised he hasn't come yet! Can't be much longer, seriously!!! I hope you aren't feeling too miserable. I guess at this point, as you've said, you've accepted he will come when he's ready. I can't wait to see your birth announcement! We saw Star Wars today and it was amazing! Even my stepkids loved it and they didn't even see the original movies yet.

MrsZero - how are you? I hope things are going much calmer than they did during most of your pregnancy. How is big brother handling things?

Alice - hope you are doing well!

Ugh, I am so over my babies and their lack of sleep. It's been slowly going downhill...they seem to have no patterns other than being backwards with sleeping more during the day and not at night. We can barely get them to sleep 2.5-3 hrs at this point. We've tried to do a night time routine but it hasnt worked. I know that they won't sleep for longer periods until they weigh more but I thought it would get better. I see that I am a big part of the problem. I just want to feed them when they wake up but today, using my mom's lead, I gave them a pacifier and rocked them back to sleep. It's hard to do this when its 5am and you are dead tired. We are thinking maybe the formula, because its gentle and broken down so much, is going through their systems faster making them hungry more often. Actually it's just Oliver that seems super hungry. I never realized how hard it is to get a baby to sleep. I wish I could put them to bed at 10pm or so and they would wake up during the night and I could simply feed them but sometimes, if they wake up, it takes hours to get them back to sleep and other times, like last night, they didn't go to bed until 5am. I know they are still young too and I don't expect them to sleep through the night but I assumed they could at least get to 4 hours. If this continues when I am supposed to go back to work, I am thinking about taking time off without getting paid. We are going to try switching back formulas and I really don't know why we switched to gentle anyway. They have just as much gas and problems pooing still. Luckily their gas doesn't stay in!

Hopefully what I wrote makes sense because it's 230am and my contacts are dry and let's not forget about no sleep.

pbc910

Reply by pbc910 » Jan. 3, 2016 7:41am

Oops posted twice

pbc910

Reply by miniray » Jan. 3, 2016 7:43pm

pbc - lol, that'll be new mommy brain :-)

MrsZero, Alice, Kitten and MalPal - hope all is well with your little bundles!

I went for a 3rd monitoring session today.... On the whole all is well, but during a rather long contraction, baby's heartbeat slowed to around 90 for a few seconds. They told me not to worry about it, but they want me back for another session tomorrow instead of in 2 days. If it happens again, they'll be asking my Doctor to make a decision about induction. Even if everything is okay, I'll be around 10 days overdue by the end of the week, so at least I know now that we will be meeting our little one by next Sunday at the latest :-)

miniray

Reply by Alice_Wonderer » Jan. 4, 2016 12:25pm

Hi ladies!!

Pbc910, that's funny that Oliver looks like you and Fiona like your husband :-d I understand what you mean about not seeing it yourself. People keep telling that Anna looks like my husband when she has a certain mimic, but I don't see it either :-p That must be very hard about the lack of sleep with the twins :-( I'm sure it will get better at some point, but that doesn't help you right now :-s I admire you so much for being able to pull things off with twins!!! I totally understand you're thinking about taking time off, I think that's a great idea. Ugh, pumping sucks! I've been doing it for 4 weeks, but now I'm through with it. I'm dried out ;-) Thank God, because I hate that machine and the fact that it takes so much time which I can't spend with Anna. We also decided to formula feed, I sort of get what you and MalPal85 went through. It took me about a week to emotionally accept that breast feeding wasn't working out, but now I'm happy with our decision.

Miniray, I can't believe you're still pregnant! I understand your struggle (the break down, I'm sorry you felt so sad), but I see that you have accepted the fact that your boy is coming later than expected :-) And it seems like you're close now!! I've you're being induced shortly: good luck and the wait is almost over!!! :-)

MrsZero, hope the sickness is on its way out! How are things going?

MalPal85, lol about the photographer :-) That sounds like so much fun! :-) Those pictures will be a valuable treasure :-)

Best wishes!!

Alice

Alice_Wonderer

Reply by miniray » Jan. 4, 2016 7:28pm

Hi Ladies,

I went for my monitoring again today, everything went well, even my blood pressure was down. The midwife examined me too, I'm now dilated 3cm, so moving in the right direction. The big news is that my Doc has decided that, because of my discomfort, that if I haven't gone into labour by myself by Friday, they will induce me. So I finally have an end date, yey!

miniray

Reply by pbc910 » Jan. 4, 2016 9:01pm

Alice - I've been lucky in getting much needed sleep. During the week its tough but my mom comes over at least once to help and I get more on the weekend when DH has more time to watch them but it's rough. I've been sleep deprived but this is a whole new thing! I am trying to breastfeed still as I can. Its horrible though because babies hate it and will latch for maybe a minute then cry hysterically. Such a horrible feeling to see your babies in so much distress because you can't adequately feed them. I've given up on pumping as I only get drops now. Not really worth it in my opinion. I don't know when I will officially give it up and I somehow keep holding on to hope that it will magically work out.

miniray - so glad your baby is going to be here soon! I can't believe you've made it this far. I bet you didn't think you'd have a 2016 baby!!!!

pbc910

Reply by miniray » Jan. 5, 2016 5:33am

Well, it's now 6.30am, I woke in pain to see my bloody show and my waters breaking.... time to go!!

miniray

Reply by pbc910 » Jan. 5, 2016 9:09pm

miniray- hope all is going well...can't wait to see an update!

pbc910

Reply by MalPal85 » Jan. 6, 2016 7:40pm

Congrats Miniray!!!!!

MalPal85

Reply by MrsZero » Jan. 7, 2016 7:19am

Congratulations miniray xx

MrsZero

Reply by Alice_Wonderer » Jan. 10, 2016 9:12am

Hi ladies!

Pbc910, I understand your secret hope on a miraculous improvement in breast feeding :-) It didn't happen for me, but I truly wish it will for you!!! Breast feeding twins is that much more of a challenge, so I personally think it's amazing you're stil hanging on!!! I understand how hard it is to see the babies in distress... And I know it's a dangerous pitfall to blame yourself, but don't :-) We are all trying the very best we can, and it took me a week to accept breast feeding wasn't working out... But I'm in peace with it now... Good luck, you're doing a wonderful job!!!

Miniray, congrats!!!!! It sounds like you had a really rough delivery :-( Hopefully you'll have no time to recall though, now that Christopher Michel is here ;-) I hope you are recovering well!!!

Best wishes!

Alice

Alice_Wonderer

Reply by miniray » Jan. 11, 2016 4:50pm

Hi Ladies!

Thank you for the well wishes :)

It was indeed a rough day, although most of it is now a blur. I'll update my journal when I have some extra time to tell the full story. Needless to say the excreutiating pain was caused by Christopher trying to make his way out forehead first - which meant that his head was too wide to push through my pelvis and left us with no option but to go with the c-section. My recovery has been a bit rough, I have a lot of bruising and painful digestion, I swear I can feel every bite of food....

Breastfeeding didn't start very well as Christopher refused to take my breast from day one. We kept trying, but the frustration of seeing him so upset at being hungry was too much, so we started supplementing while I was in Hospital. He's far too used to a bottle now, I've tried and tried, but no luck. The good news is that pumping is working, I manage a little bit more every day thanks to the fennel tea concoction they gave me. We are still mixing breast milk with formula as it seems to be how he prefers to take it, but now it means we can share feeding. Even the pumping is exhausting me though, luckily I have BF at home for 2 weeks to help while I recover, but the true test will be when he goes back to work.

The nights have been rough, but he's still only just coming up on a week old, so there's still time. We just need to find a way of getting him to settle by himself after his night feed and we'll feel like champions :-)

miniray

Reply by pbc910 » Jan. 11, 2016 6:09pm

I am so glad all of us can relate to some of the struggles with breastfeeding. I felt so alone and felt like the only one that couldn't do it even though I know it's not true!

miniray - I think as the days past, the c-section recovery gets better and better. One day you won't even know you had one! We have had many many rough nights so I know your pain. It sucks especially when they are super wide awake at like 3am! You all will get into a routine but for the first weeks, you'll do whatever just to survive!

MalPal - how are you doing? I've been thinking about you and hoping the medication is helping you!

Last week sucked! SUCKED SUCKED SUCKED! I started medication on wed for my anxiety and slight depression and each day after got incredibly worse. I would cry almost all the day. I wasn't doing much with the babies other than feeding them to try to get them to sleep. They wouldn't sleep at all! My mom took them on Saturday and my brother and niece went over and helped her watch them all night. It was nice to have a night alone with my husband but I was so anxious about them returning that I couldn't sleep! It was horrible...waves of anxiety and episodes of crying. I couldn't eat either. I'm not sure if it's because the twins had a great night of sleep or if the medication is working but I feel so much better today. Weve been on a routine of sleep, eat, play, repeat. We also switched to a new formula to help their poopy issues (we think they are constipated). They've slept great today for naps too. Hell, they've napped more today than ever. I hope this lasts.

The only bad thing is that the daycare we wanted is full and they told us to call at the beginning of the year, which we did. So we are praying they have openings in the middle of February. Even our back up is full. I know things will work out but I don't want to have to quit my job or anything like that!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hopefully that won't happen!

pbc910