Pregnancy Discussion Forum

Recent Forum Activity
Forum Categories
Start a New Topic Hide Signatures

December 2015 Babies - Page 45

Replies (943)

Reply by Alice_Wonderer » Feb. 2, 2016 2:59pm

Hi ladies!

MrsZero, I hope sickness will stay away now, cause it sounds like you've had more than your share! Hopefully Christopher easily gets rid of the granuloma! How is it going? Is it looking good?

Pbc910, your pics are too cute :-) Is the day care settled (the one you mentioned)? I hope so!! It must suck to still have to worry about that, while you have so much other stuff to do! It sounds wonderful that you are starting to get 'being a mummy' :-) I'm so sure you're doing a great job!! :-)

MalPal85, my condolences for your grandfather :-( I guess it's 'nice' (strange word in the context) that he still got to meet your son before he past... Yeey for sleeping a whole night :-) You feel like reborn, I bet? :-)

Miniray, jelly belly! :-d That's the first time I hear that word, but it really covers the load :-p Hope you didn't have any nappy explosions? :-)

AFM, Anna is a sweet baby :-) She can definitely be fussy, but most of the time she's not :-p Although she was a bit more fussy lately, I think, as Miniray said, because of her 8-week-growth spurt. She also had to get shots on Wednesday and she SCREAMED like I've never heard her scream EVER :-( It was so said :-( Poor little thing :-( I'm not looking forward to the rest of her shots :-( I just hate seeing her in distress :-( Luckily, most of the times, I know why, and what to do. Although I usually just try everything until something works, now that I think about it :-d I feel like she is learning a lot (discovering the world), and I am learning too, slowly :-p

Best wishes!!

Alice

Alice_Wonderer

Reply by MalPal85 » Feb. 2, 2016 11:19pm

AliceWonderer - Thanks for the condolences! I am refreshed. He's actually been only waking up once in the middle of the night which is nice. This is because I put him to put at like 10:30 11 though. Might be earlier when I go back to work. We have been lucky the last few nights though.
Sounds like we all have fussy babies, lol. I'm not looking forward to shots either!

Pbc - Like I said to MrsZero, we've been lucky the last few nights and he's only waking up once. I would use a generic form of formula but the free stuff we get from our aunt is Enfamil so when I occasionally have to buy it I don't want to be switching. I've noticed a slight change so far but he always seems hungry more often which is weird to me because the formula is thicker.
I don't know how you are caring for two babies either but you are kicking some serious a$$ doing it.

miniray - Thanks for the condolences. I love the grumpy faces too, lol. I have been getting him to smile more but I can never catch it on camera. Glad Christopher is doing well even though he's been fussy. Colton has been fussy too. Congrats on BF!

AFM and Colton - We are doing well. The medicine is helping me more and more as I continue to take it and seeing those smiles is making it so much better. We switched from the newborn formula to the gentlease and he seems more hungry more often but the formula seems thicker to me which is confusing. His poop was also green today instead of yellow but I'm just glad he pooped lol. 2 month shots are next week and I am not looking forward to it at all. The pediatrician told me to bring infant Tyenol with us so we can check his weight and know how much ot give him. Colton has been only waking up once in the middle of the night and lately is has been around 4:30 5 which is nice because then he usually sleeps until 8. Before it was at 3:30 and 5ish so we'll see how long this lasts. It's been the last 3 or 4 nights now.

MalPal85

Reply by pbc910 » Feb. 3, 2016 5:02pm

Hi Alice - good to see all is well with you all. Baby screams are the worst. Ms. Fiona does that all the time but Oliver rarely gets that upset. When he does it breaks my heart. He also has tears too and that's even worse! I totally can understand why our babies get fussy because as you said they are learning about the world and it's a lot to learn! I hope things continue to go well with you all and that she continues to be a sweet, calm baby but I'm sure she will.

MalPal - I hear that because the gentle formula is more broken down, it can make them hungrier. I think that and too, like my pediatrician said, they will go through appetite phases where they are more hungry than normal. Oliver loves to eat but he has calmed down with wanting to eat all the time. That might happen with Colton too but I noticed that 4 to 8 weeks, Oliver was eating a lot, probably growth and to catch up since he was small. Also about poop, which is all we talk about at our house, haha, green is very normal. You'll probably notice a lot of different kinds - consistency and colors. THe twins have mostly a mix of brown/yellow/green and it's usually either paste like or like mashed potatoes. Very normal for formula fed babies. For a long time it was dark green and like clay. So gross! I switch from the generic to name brand once and a while. I know it's not good to change often but I've never noticed an issue. Just be careful if you switch back to normal. The time we did it because we ran out of gentle was a shitty couple of days. Not sure if it was the switch or coincidence but the twins were super needy and fussier than normal those days!!!! The 2 month shots arent too bad. They do it super fast and even Ms. Whineypants Fiona didn't cry too bad. Oh and lastly....I am so glad the medication is working for us both! Those smiles make it all worthwhile.

We have turned in our paperwork for a daycare and they are working on getting us openings. We will be starting part time for 2-3 weeks then transition full time but I am not sure yet when we will start but I hope in about 2 weeks! While the twins didn't sleep through last night they slept really well and I was able to sleep almost the entire night. They woke 3 times...Fiona actually slept with me on the couch and when her brother was hungry, I just fed him while laying down and then we both went back to sleep. I felt well rested for once! The babies don't sleep through but I love that they sleep late! They are both sleeping now and then we are going to the park.

Oliver is starting to laugh and it's the sweetest thing ever! They are both "talking" so much more. I am so excited to see them grow in the coming months and I can't wait until it's spring and we can explore all the parks and the zoo!!!

pbc910

Reply by pbc910 » Feb. 7, 2016 7:47pm

Ok I have to share this incredible accomplishment!

Babies have slept the last 2 nights in their cribs! The first night, Fiona slept 5.5 hrs and last night she slept 7!!! Oliver sleeps about 3.5 then needs a feeding but he goes right back to bed.
I was able to sleep in my bed with my husband! I am so happy with this! I can only hope each night will be like this! I could even live with 7 hours. We put them down at 11:30 and she was asleep by 12, up at 7 then back down from 7:30-11:30. I am not sure if this is a good or bad thing but they seem to be late risers! Works for me but may not be the best once we start daycare.

pbc910

Reply by Alice_Wonderer » Feb. 16, 2016 3:54pm

Hi ladies!

I hope you and your babies are all doing well!!

MalPal85, how did it go with Colton's shots? I'm glad to hear you're feeling better and better! You're totally right about the smiles working like magic :-)

Pbc910, yaaay for being able to sleep in your own bed!!! :-) Did the same thing happen the nights after? I hope so!!! Yeah, I've been having the same concerns about the sleeping rhythm of the baby when she is supposed to start day care. Hopefully that will work out for all of us :-s It's just such a shame to wake them when they are sleeping... The whole society lost touch with human nature, in my opinion. People aren't meant to rise that early. Btw, you are so right about the tears!! Don't you just feel like your heart breaks when you see a tear in their eyes?

AFM, we've been having some trouble with Anna's food lately. She 'fights' with it sometimes (wants to eat and not eat at the same time, seems in pain). The Dr first thought she was allergic to cow milk, so we switched formulas but it got even worse. The fighting increased in frequency and she ate only little bits. So it's probably 'hidden heartburn' (I don't know if that's the right term, in Dutch it's called reflux). Now she is on meds and we are also taking her to an osteopath next week. Hopefully things will get better, cause I hate seeing her in pain.

Lots of love!

Alice

Alice_Wonderer

Reply by MalPal85 » Feb. 16, 2016 6:11pm

Alice_Wonderer - I hope Anna starts feeling better!

Pbc - Congrats on crib sleeping! We still have yet to do it. We were all ready to do it last Saturday but we couldn't get his room warm enough. Our plan is to put his current pack n play in there first then eventually move to the crib.

I hope everyone else is doing well!

AFM, Colton's 2 month shots went well. I brought Tylenol and we weighed him in the office so we knew how much we could give to him so I took preventitive measures and gave the dose to him before the shots and then into the next morning. He screamed during the shots and maybe was a little more fussier than usual but not bad.
Colton is growing like a damn weed. He was 12 pounds, 10 ounces during his appointment last Thursday. He is pretty much in 3 to 6 month clothes depending on the brand.
I've still been feeling good. I've been having a few more bad moments this last week. Nothing major just moments of feeling down. I think it's because I'm going back to work next Tuesday. I'm looking forward to the part-time for the next 3 weeks but not going back to full-time on March 14th.
I have this constant fear that I am pregnant again or something. I went back on the pill and we've been using the (TMI) "pull-out" method which I know is not a method at all so I'm nervous. I'm not used to having to prevent pregnancy because we had been trying since June 2014. My first period after the pregnancy was January 24th so 28 days later would put me at Saturday but who the heck knows when I will get it, haha. I've had some spotting yesterday and today.
Nothing else new to report. We are currently having a first big storm here in Western, NY. It's bad out. Glad I'm not in it even though all my loved ones are!

Hope all is well!

MalPal85

Reply by pbc910 » Feb. 18, 2016 12:47am

Alice - sorry to hear about her feeding issues. Here it's called silent reflux or just reflux. Silent is usually when there are no symptoms. Fiona is on reflux meds because her doctor wanted to rule it out as a cause of her fussiness but I don't think she has it has she eats fine and her crying seems to be due to other things. Hopefully the medication and osteopath will help! I hate seeing my babies in pain (like when I have to get the snot out of their nose or clip their nails and those aren't even painful)!

MalPal - I've had some down/anxious moments more often as well. I'm on a really low dose of my medication so I think I need to go up. But Fiona's crying really sucks and now Oliver is crying more (he is having a harder time getting himself to sleep during the day). Hopefully things improve for you and I. Still trying to work out our daycare situation. Still on the waitlist at the ones I like most and I refuse to settle. Saw ANOTHER daycare yesterday and just didn't like it. I have no idea when I am returning to work and most people would probably love it but I am getting tired of being home. Things recently seem harder for some reason so I look forward to putting the babies in daycare! I also was freaked out I was pregnant because I caved before my first cycle and thinking about the possibility of ANOTHER baby scared the crap out of me. I won't ever make that mistake again! I wish I could say more were in the cards because I loved pregnancy but I am finished for sure!

I wish I could say both babies are sleeping through the night or slept 7 hours again but not the case. They are still sleeping in their cribs, which is amazing. Usually they get a long 3-4 hour stretch at first and have been waking up like every 2 hours after. With feeding both and then trying to get back to bed, I'm not getting much sleep. I am continuing to let DH "watch" them from around 8p-12a so I can get some sleep and then I swaddle them, top them off and "put them to bed" between 12-1 (depending how long it takes to get them back to sleep). Unfortunately for me, they've been sleeping for him around 8-9pm each night so their long stretch is while I am asleep. Maybe it's just this week and it will get better. I have to hope because it's brutal. Then they are wanting to wake up earlier. I am running out of ideas to entertain them. At 11 weeks we were going so many places but I don't feel comfortable now taking them alone because they both seem so whiney now. I am hoping it will pass soon because technically since they were born 3 weeks early, their adjusted age is 10 weeks. I hear babies get less whiney at the 3 month mark but mine seem to be getting worse. I can deal with Fiona...I don't like it much all the crying and screaming but Oliver now...his crying is just so sad. Anyway, just having a bit of a down week. I am hoping once we know more about a daycare, things will feel better. It's going to be nice on Friday so my mom, twins, and I are going to the park and then we'll do something this weekend. I have that to look forward to!

MrsZero and miniray - hope you all are well!

pbc910

Reply by pbc910 » Feb. 25, 2016 8:05pm

Well still no daycare but this week is much better. Fiona has had a pretty good week and is much less a grumpasaurus! Hoping this is the start of a good change!

pbc910

Reply by MalPal85 » Mar. 5, 2016 5:25pm

Pbc - Glad Fiona is doing better. Sorry about the daycare. The owner of my daycare center also watches infants at her house (also licensed/certified) but she wasn't sure if Colton would be at the center or house. Just found out that he will be at her house and now I'm nervous. I have an appointment to go check it out though next week.

I know it's been a while ladies! I went through another "rough patch" as far as my PPD/PPA but, again, I'm feeling much better but I'm feeling even better than when I thought I was feeling better last time, lol. I think going back to work stressed me out because my husband leaves earlier and I got myself all worked up about having to get Colton ready and out the door on my own. It has been going good so far. Next week is my last week of part-time then I go back full-time. I'm glad I've been feeling better. Tom's grandfather died and I was able to take Colton to the mass at church and care for him all on my own without panicking which is why I know I'm feeling better, lol. He was such an angel! Tom's grandparents has 10 great grandbabies, 5 of which that were born in 2015, so you can imagine that church was full of babies and Colton was the most well behaved :).
Colton is growing like a weed! He is in 3 to 6 month clothes which I have learned are hard to find at stores. It's either 3 months or months. He's been sleeping pretty well. Usually up at 4 and then 6:30 - 7:30. We've been waking him up at 4 - 4:30 to feed him during the days that I work so then I know he'll sleep and let me get ready when I get up at 6 before I feed him. It also allows both my husband and I to get a solid 7 hours of sleep each. I hope this isn't going to ruin anything (waking him up to eat sometimes if he doesn't get up) but it's working for us.
I hope all is well with the rest of you!

MalPal85

Reply by czshcecnc » Mar. 6, 2016 9:58pm

Hi ladies. Hope everyone and their little one's are doing well. Kenzie is almost 3 months now and is doing really good. User Image

~~Mom to 17 GREAT kids~~
Cari 11-18-92
Zack 2-20-95
Sara 5-29-97
Hunter 3-11-99
Clay 12-04-01
Emilie 10-07-03
Cason 8-03-05
Noah/Caitlin (twins) 5-15-07 c-section
Kailey 8-11-08 vbac #1
Braxton 5-15-10 vbac #2
Addison 4-4-11 vbac #3
Theron 5-2-12 vbac #4
Brook 10-18-13 vbac #5
Kenzie 12-10-15 c-section #2
Sophia/Lucas (twins) 9-29-18 c-section #3
TTC #18

czshcecnc

Hi ladies. Hope everyone and their little one's are doing well. Kenzie is almost 3 months now and is doing really good. User Image

~~Mom to 17 GREAT kids~~
Cari 11-18-92
Zack 2-20-95
Sara 5-29-97
Hunter 3-11-99
Clay 12-04-01
Emilie 10-07-03
Cason 8-03-05
Kailey 8-11-08 vbac #1
Braxton 5-15-10 vbac #2
Addison 4-4-11 vbac #3
Theron 5-2-12 vbac #4
Brook 10-18-13 vbac #5
TTC #18

czshcecnc

Hi ladies. Hope everyone and their little one's are doing well. Kenzie is almost 3 months now and is doing really good.

~~Mom to 17 GREAT kids~~
Cari 11-18-92
Zack 2-20-95
Sara 5-29-97
Hunter 3-11-99
Clay 12-04-01
Emilie 10-07-03
Cason 8-03-05
Kailey 8-11-08 vbac #1
Braxton 5-15-10 vbac #2
Addison 4-4-11 vbac #3
Theron 5-2-12 vbac #4
Brook 10-18-13 vbac #5
TTC #18

czshcecnc

Reply by czshcecnc » Mar. 6, 2016 9:59pm

Sorry about the multiple posts I didn't realize that it did that.

~~Mom to 17 GREAT kids~~
Cari 11-18-92
Zack 2-20-95
Sara 5-29-97
Hunter 3-11-99
Clay 12-04-01
Emilie 10-07-03
Cason 8-03-05
Kailey 8-11-08 vbac #1
Braxton 5-15-10 vbac #2
Addison 4-4-11 vbac #3
Theron 5-2-12 vbac #4
Brook 10-18-13 vbac #5
TTC #18

czshcecnc

Reply by pbc910 » Mar. 7, 2016 12:34am

MalPal - Yeah it seems the rough patches come and go for me too. I had one a couple weeks ago, waves of anxiety but now I am fine. I think that as time passes, things just get better especially now that you have adjusted to working. I am super jealous of your sleep! I would kill for 7 hours straight. Right now I get between 2-4 initial hours of sleep and then they wake up multiple times a night. I get between 5-8 hours a night fragmented sleep which sucks but hey, better than none! I am sorry to hear about your husband's grandfather. Seems like there has been a lot of loss lately in the world but a lot of births too. I guess it all balances out! Oliver is just now in 3-6 month clothes and yes only some stores carry that size. A lot of places are 3, 6, 9, 12 months and sizes are all over the damn place. Fiona is still 0-3. She's a slender baby but long as hell. It's interesting finding clothes for her but luckily I have a load of second hand clothes in my garage to break out! ALthough I can't resist the clothes I see when we go out. Random question but related...what time do you put Colton to bed? We are trying to get into a more set routine and it looks like 10:30p is the magic number but that won't work if I ever go back to work! :) I would love a 8pm bedtime but we tried it and it failed horribly.

czshcecnc - Glad to hear all is well. I can't believe our babies are getting "so old" as it feels like yesterday we were all pregnant.

miniray, Alice, MrsZero - hope you all are doing well! Drop a line and let us know!! :)

AMF...Fiona is doing better. It really takes the enjoyment out of it when all your kid does is cry and fuss. She only fusses now if she is hungry, tired, or bored. She still can be a handful but she is a girl...apparently we are like that! Oliver is my happy, calm, content baby who only cries when he is hungry or super tired. Of course my babies both make me happy but there is something about him. His smile just makes my day. Usually because he is the first baby awake so we spend a lot of time together. I always tell him he is going to be mommy's BFF and I see us having a lot of fun together when he gets older. I think Fiona is going to be daddy's girl. She loves when I sing to her and when we take baths. She is such a sweet girl but so temperamental! Still working on the sleep situation and we will be doing sleep training once they have their 4 month checkup in a couple weeks. I am hoping to wean them off their night feeds. They both are decent weights and I am trying to get all their bottles in during the day. Still looking for an open daycare. I am working part time basically and just taking it day by day. I'd love to stay at home but I miss working. The daycare we want doesnt have openings until June and I don't think we can wait that long so looking for an alternative until then!

pbc910

Reply by MalPal85 » Mar. 7, 2016 1:02am

Pbc - we do Coltons last feeding st 9 or 9:30 which puts hime to bed at around 10:30. If we did it any earlier I think he would wake up hungry earlier. I'm hoping once he's bigger we can make the last feeding earlier. I know he would sleep longer if not hungry as he is usually sleeping on and off starting at 8ish.

MalPal85

Reply by pbc910 » Mar. 7, 2016 9:22pm

From some stuff I am reading online (after I posted), it sounds like a 9-11pm bedtime for 2-4 months is pretty standard and as babies get older, their bedtime should be earlier as they need more nighttime sleep. I swear sometimes I get too caught up in this crap hoping for the secret that will make my babies sleep all night. I think I am going to keep the 10/10:30 bedtime.

pbc910

Reply by czshcecnc » Mar. 9, 2016 8:52pm

pbc, I know it. Kenzie is 3 months old tomorrow.

~~Mom to 17 GREAT kids~~
Cari 11-18-92
Zack 2-20-95
Sara 5-29-97
Hunter 3-11-99
Clay 12-04-01
Emilie 10-07-03
Cason 8-03-05
Kailey 8-11-08 vbac #1
Braxton 5-15-10 vbac #2
Addison 4-4-11 vbac #3
Theron 5-2-12 vbac #4
Brook 10-18-13 vbac #5
TTC #18

czshcecnc

Reply by miniray » Mar. 22, 2016 9:38am

Hello Ladies!!

Sorry for being away for so long, time certainly flies when you have a new baby! Everything is going well here, although we do feel like we're still learning, and every day is different :-) I've been reading back through and it sure looks like we're all doing brilliantly!

Christopher is growing well and is becoming more and more curious every day, which is lovely, and he has the best smile for me every morning :-) He's now 60cm tall (well, long) and 6Kg. His eyes are most definitely brown, no hint of blue at all, it's amazing. We've had to deal with a bit of colic, thankfully swaddling has worked every time within about 10 minutes he's fast asleep (phew). So far we've been incredibly lucky that he goes down to sleep in his cot after his last bottle at 11pm. I'm really not taking this for granted, it could all goes horribly wrong in a few months, but fingers crossed it doesn't. We took him for his first vaccinations last week, so he was quite grumpy for a few days, but he's much better now. And I didn't cry, yey for me! I'm still pumping, getting more and more milk every week which is great. It's not enough to feed him exclusively on breast milk, but we'll get there eventually.

BF and I had a chat and have decided that I'll be a stay home Mum for a little while. After waiting so long for this little guy to come I'm really not ready to start looking for work yet. I do miss talking to grown-ups though, so we'll start going to a play group soon.

AF returned too, longer and lighter than my usual cycle, but at least I know everything is working and back to normal. I've just been ill though, somehow managed to either pick up a stomach bug or eat something dodgy.

Brussels is back on lock down again today after 2 confirmed terrorist attacks at the airport and near to EU buildings in the city centre. We've seen a lot more police activity in the area this morning, but otherwise it's eerily quite out there....

Hope you're all keeping well, I'll add some pictures of Christopher shortly too xx

miniray

Reply by pbc910 » Mar. 22, 2016 5:07pm

miniray - first, glad you all are safe after today's events. It's really sad that this kind of thing is becoming way more common. I really don't get how people have so much hate in their hearts. Ugh.

On to happier topics....time does fly! I can't believe the twins are 4 months old already and that your little one is already 10 weeks! I bet he will stay a good sleeper. It seems thats how it is, of course illness and teething can make things temporarily different but I haven't met many moms who had a bad sleeper or good sleeper and it magically changed (usually bad sleepers can get better but good sleepers stay that way). I think all babies are grumps the first couple of months but then as they grow and understand the world better, they become happier and less fussy. That's at least my experience. Swaddles are amazing things! We still swaddle our babies to get them to bed each night. I never thought I would want to stay at home but now that I am a mom, I do miss being with them during the day and am so thankful I got to spend 18 weeks with them! Enjoy your time with him and hopefully you'll find some groups to get you both out of the house. I will say, that is one thing I didn't like...being inside all the time. Anytime it was warm, we were outside! It's great you are getting more milk each week! Breastfeeding and pumping isn't always easy so I am in awe of those that can make it work!

A little update from us: Twins had their 4 month appt today:
- Oliver is 14 lbs, 12 oz (6.58 kg) and 24.5 in (62.23cm) long
- Fiona is 12 lbs, 6 oz (5.61 kg) and also 24.5 in long

They've both doubled their birth weight and Oliver has almost tripled his! They started daycare yesterday and I wasn't too sad. Honestly, I was so frustrated with naps I was glad to have someone else handle that. I do miss them and miss spending my day watching them. It does help that they are the youngest babies so will be super spoiled. They love holding Oliver especially! I don't like my longer commute but it isn't too terrible. I just make sure to avoid the time of day with the most traffic.

Otherwise, all is good with us. Babies are learning new things each day. Fiona can roll over from front to back and is almost ready to roll over from back to front. Oliver isn't there yet but will be soon enough.

Hope everyone and babies are well!

pbc910

Reply by MalPal85 » Mar. 23, 2016 8:12pm

miniray - Glad Christopher is doing well. I've heard that if they are born with brown eyes then they usually stay brown. If they are born with another color then they can change. Sorry you have had to deal with colic but it sounds like you have a pretty good system going. Congrats on pumping and producing, I'm jealous, lol. So happy for you for getting to stay home with your little man. I would definitely be joining a group too though to get out. AF is no joke after having a baby. I feel like I'm 16 again with the cramps and heavy flow! I'm hoping my birth control straightens things out soon! Glad you are safe!

Pbc - Congrats on finding a daycare and getting back to work. I'm kind of happy to be back at work too. I'm crazy and the whole anticipating having to go back was stressing me out so now I'm just glad we're back into a routine. I hope you're right about good sleepers staying good sleepers. Your babies are growing so fast! Congrats to Fiona for rolling over!

AFM, Colton is just so cute I can't even handle it. I kiss his little nose at least 20 times a day. He's cooing so much now and we have our best conversations together in the morning when I'm getting him dressed, lol. I can't believe he is 3 months and 1 week old today! My little tank is already in 6 month clothes. We weighed him over the weekend and it appears that he is at about 15 lbs. I love squeezing all of his rolls and double chin :). I've been saying this a lot but I'm attempting his first crib sleep tomorrow night. He is still in his own room but in the pack n play that was in our room when we first brought him home. It's a mini pack n play and he is starting to get to long for it so we won't have much choice. He is just such a good sleeper I'm dreading the wake-ups. He seems to be enjoying daycare I guess. Hard to tell with a 3 month old. Other than that, all is well. Glad to be out of the newborn stage and into the smiles, cooing and acknowledgement of his parents. It's so much more rewarding. Being on Zoloft and getting back into a routine has helped me tremendously. I got into a little rutt right before I started back to work part-time but I got over it and was fine before I started back full-time!

MalPal85