Pregnancy Discussion Forum

Recent Forum Activity
Forum Categories
Start a New Topic Hide Signatures

December 2015 Babies - Page 46

Replies (943)

Reply by pbc910 » Mar. 25, 2016 2:24pm

MalPal - you might find he easily transitions into the crib, especially since he is outgrowing the pack n play. I think that's why the twins finally were ok in their cribs. You'll figure it out. Hell, that's most of parenting...figuring out what you kid likes! Once you get into a pattern then something will happen to mess it up, like rolling over. Fiona was a hot mess the other night not knowing what to do. SHe spent 2 hours rolling around before figuring it out. Last night, she did much better and finally decided to sleep on her side. I should also say these are the first 2 nights in 7 weeks she hasn't used a swaddle to sleep. I think though she will be more comfortable picking her sleeping position. You may have a bumpy start or maybe he will do great. I say go for it! You'll be so happy once he is in there!

pbc910

Reply by miniray » Apr. 1, 2016 9:10am

omg AARRGGHH!!!

One of my FB friends has posted a pregnancy announcement, and it looks like it's an April Fool! I'm so angry with her right now it's untrue. She doesn't know that we've had losses and problems conceiving so I'm not mad about that, but how can she be so insensitive to her friends or family who may also have kept their struggles to themselves?! I hope she's at least had the decency to let her family in Florida know it's a joke (she lives in Brussels), otherwise that's really f'ing cruel.....

Okay, rant over, deep breath......

We took Christopher to the Pediatrician this week because I was concerned at the number of dirty nappies we'd been getting since his vaccinations - which had given him horrible nappy rash. It turns out that it's a normal reaction, but she's given us some medicine to calm down his gut, and Eosine to dry out his sore skin. So instead of a red and spotty bottom, it's now bright pink!! Luckily it comes off with a little soap :-) he was 6.185Kg and 61.5cm long, so doing well :-) I changed over his clothes yesterday as the 0-3 month things aren't fitting any more, made me feel a little sad, but happy as well to see him in his new things. He looks more like a little boy now than a baby, he's just too darn cute!

Hope you ladies all have a fab weekend xx

miniray

Reply by pbc910 » Apr. 4, 2016 2:09pm

miniray - Luckily, I didn't see any of those stupid pregnancy announcements this year. People just don't think before they act and can't imagine how insensitive that is for many of us. I saw where Gwen Stefani did something like that on her instagram and all I could do was roll my eyes!

I hope your little one's bum is feeling better. We have been incredibly lucky not to have any diaper rash issues. But my kiddos only have a dirty diaper once a day and we immediately change it because you can't help but smell it! We are also changing clothing sizes and it makes me sad but glad too. Oliver is able to wear 6 months very comfortably. Fiona, because she is so slender, is still in mostly 0-3 months. Something I didn't think about with twins that sucks is they wear a different diaper size. Fiona just started wearing a size 2 and Oliver is now getting ready to be a size 3! Before we know it, they'll be in toddler clothes :(

pbc910

Reply by MalPal85 » Apr. 4, 2016 7:44pm

miniray - people are dumb, lol. I didn't see anything like that but I fell for the Home Improvement coming back to Netflix one, lol. Glad his butt is doing better!

Colton is officially in his big crib! He loves it because he sleeps good! He looks so cute in there and his room looks more like a bedroom now that there isn't a Pack N Play right in the middle of the floor, lol.
Colton also developed thrush. It isn't bothering him too bad but you can tell it's irritating him a little. The prescription is already working though.

Hope all is well!

MalPal85

Reply by miniray » Apr. 8, 2016 7:21pm

Hi all - well, the probiotics must have worked, we're only getting 2 dirty nappies a day instead of 6 and Christopher gained half a pound in 1 week!! Glad he's back to normal, he'd been quite grumpy before.
pbc - we're in the size 3 nappies now, they look stupidly huge on him at the moment, but at least we won't have to think about changing size again for another 3 months or so.
Malpal - great that Colton is sleeping well in his crib :-) they look so adorable sleeping in their big beds, don't they? At the moment we have a stack of cuddly toys at the head of Christopher's crib, but he's learn how to scooch his way out from under his blankets, so we'll have to move them soon so he doesn't get all jumbled up, lol!
He seems to have settled into more of a routine now, which is great because it means I can get things done :-) It looks like he's realised that it's nap time when I give him his comforter (small soft fabric square with a Dumbo on one corner) so I can get him down quite easily now. Saying that, as soon as I tell someone how well he's doing, he changes everything....
I need to start clearing out our 2nd bedroom so that we can move Chris in there in a couple of months or so, I hadn't realised how much crap we have between us! I would love to find a new storage place for everything, but it looks like we'll have to lets some stuff go.

miniray

Reply by pbc910 » Apr. 12, 2016 2:48pm

MalPal - yay for the crib transition! It makes things sooooooooooo much easier! Glad the medication is working for this thrush. I'm not too familiar with it so I had to google for more information.

miniray - getting into a routine gets easier and easier as they get older. As new moms, we put too much pressure on ourselves to get every thing situated from the beginning and only looking back now do I realize how unprepared my twins were for a routine until they were around 3 months. I know what you mean about crap. I would love to just take all our stuff, throw it outside and light it on fire! I like things to be simple. Bad enough we have a ton of baby things sitting around!

Nothing more to add from me other than what I put in my JE yesterday. Things are great! I even had a full nights sleep because my husband woke up with the babies (I didn't even hear them crying). I literally have not had a night like last night since before they were born!

pbc910

Reply by MalPal85 » Apr. 20, 2016 1:45pm

I posted this in the questions too but any of you ladies thinking of starting solids yet?
Colton turned 4 months this past Saturday. At his ~4 month appointment the Doctor said we could start cereal if he can sit up with some support and if he starts waking up earlier in the night due to being hungry. He's been waking up earlier due to being hungry and in the evening, before bed, I feel like he just wants to eat constantly. I think we are going to try the Gerber oatmeal cereal tonight mixed with formula. I've read that they basically both aren't the greatest but that rice cereal has virtually no benefits. Anyways, any tips on our first experience? I'm so nervous I'm going to choke him or something.

MalPal85

Reply by pbc910 » Apr. 20, 2016 2:09pm

If you think he is ready to try, I say go for it! You know him better than anyone. I am getting ready to try them with Oliver. He is like Colton and just doesn't seem to be getting filled up. Now, I know that really their best source of nutrients is formula/breast milk and solids are sometimes just considered filler but still, I don't think it will hurt. We are going to try rice cereal on our finger or spoon and then see how it goes. We've actually already had them try different baby foods and they weren't really sure what was going on with it. I know they are both ready because they are showing all the signs. Don't worry about choking especially since its wet food. We were stupid and gave Oliver a piece of something dry (stupid rookie mistake) and he had issues but we just gave him a sip from his bottle and he was fine. Let us know how it goes!

pbc910

Reply by miniray » Apr. 21, 2016 8:22am

We'll be working quite intensively on getting a good routine together over the next 10 days - big news - I have a job! Even better news is that's it's with my old employer, so I can walk straight into it without feeling too scared as I already know the system and half of the staff! I know it is going to be super, super hard to leave Christopher at the Crèche, but I am so ready to be back at work now. I had just started getting used to the idea of being a stay-home Mum, but I've always been so independent that the thought of being "looked after" really wasn't sitting well with me. I've been focusing on the positive, I'll get that Friday feeling back and weekends will be special again. I'm looking forward to organizing some well-deserved family days out :-) I'm sure it will all be fine as soon as I stop crying :')

malpal - ooh, solids.... I hadn't even started to think of that yet. Christopher is 3 and 1/2 months and starting to pay more attention when we eat now, and he's trying to sit up by himself so I'm eager to get him into his high chair and at least sit at the table with us for meals, even if he's not ready for solids yet. I guess I'd do the same as pbc and try him with a little bit on my finger or small spoon first and see how he reacts. I'm keen to try baby-led weaning, but like so many things I know it could all go horribly wrong!

I hope all you other Ladies are still doing great, let us know!

miniray

Reply by MalPal85 » Apr. 28, 2016 3:57pm

miniray - I wasn't exactly excited to go back to work but now that I am and we are in a routine it is really nice. Like you said, looking forwards to weekends again is nice. Glad all is well with Christopher. Colton is not digging the rice cereal very much but we will keep at it.

Pbc - I hope the cereal is working better on your end that it is for me, lol. We were doing well in the beginning but now he's not much of a fan.

MalPal85

Reply by pbc910 » Apr. 28, 2016 6:25pm

Congrats miniray!!! I know it will be hard leaving him but you'll enjoy the freedom of being back at work. I look forward to coming to work each day. Of course I'd love to spend more time with the twins but after doing it for 4 months, mostly alone, I was ready to be away from them and let them interact with new people. I also think it makes creating and sticking to a routine SOOOOOOO much easier! I love our routine now and the best thing is babies are asleep at the same time each day!

MalPal - rice cereal is boring...I took a small taste of it so I can see why Colton isn't super interested. I have tried giving it to Oliver but he doesn't seem ready to eat. He isn't interested in food and doesn't really watch us eat. I have put rice cereal in his bottle because I think he needs more than formula to be satisfied. We had several great nights last week of him sleeping 8-9 hrs before waking up. THis week I haven't done it and he is wanting to wake every 3 hours to eat. Sigh.... I have been feeding Fiona rice cereal and I have been introducing a couple different veggies and she is loving it! I knew she was ready when she kept watching us eat and would smack her lips. I haven't been consistently giving her solids but plan to start next week. I don't know the first thing about baby food so I've been googling how much to feed, what kinds of food, etc. I know the recommendation is 6 months but I personally think depending on baby, 4-6 months is totally acceptable to start solids. Maybe try some other things? Fiona loves squash, so much that she squeals when she sees the spoon. Love it but damn it's messy! :)

pbc910

Reply by MalPal85 » Apr. 29, 2016 6:03pm

Pbc - have you tried mixing veggies (like the squash) with the cereal or are you just giving her the squash? I was thinking about putting a little something in the cereal to hopefully make it a little more appealing. We tried oatmeal cereal last night and he ate some (more than he has been with the rice lately). It's all trial and error for now!

On a very wild/scary note that I only feel comfortable posting here.....I felt like crap on Tuesday and this morning I threw up. I told Tom if I'm pregnant this soon then I'm going to kill him because, of course, it will be his fault, lol. I'm pretty sure it is impossible because I'm on the pill, we use the (TMI) "pull out" method AND I just started a period on 4/16 so if my calculation is correct I haven't even ovulated yet. Just throwing this out there because the whole puke thing this morning scared the crap out of me. I felt fine right before and after it happened....

MalPal85

Reply by pbc910 » Apr. 30, 2016 12:35am

MalPal- this is why I wouldn't even let DH touch me for like 2 months! Had a bunch of wonky cycles and couldn't get my birth control refilled. I told him not even to look at me! I think if I didn't have step kids I may want another child but at 2 bio kids, 3 stepkids living with us and 1 already out of the house. ..yeah I'm good! I'm sure it's just a fluke. Hell, I was so paranoid earlier this year I took tests for several days to make sure they weren't positive.

I have put a bit of mashed bananas in the rice cereal and also carrots. She seemed to like that much better. Currently I'm going to introduce a new food every 3 to 4 days to make sure they aren't allergic. Today we did sweet potatoes. Oliver has come around and is now opening his mouth when I try to feed him. Still not as excited as Fiona but it will do. I read to start with simple fruits and veggies and then you can start mixing for all kinds of combos. I'm also not feeding them much..only a couple teaspoons. Mainly they are still their normal amount of formula for dinner and the solids are a treat.

pbc910

Reply by miniray » May. 2, 2016 8:39pm

malpal - I had a weird incident like that too a few weeks ago, I'd had backache for a couple of hours but otherwise felt fine, then threw up out of the blue, and felt fine afterwards. very strange.... I knew it couldn't be morning sickness though as I'd just had a period too. I wondered if it was hormone related? AF still hasn't made a return visit, it's been 7 weeks now...

pbc - that sounds like a great way to do it, little by little. Christopher can sit with help and has to be propped up in his high chair, so I'm not sure if he's ready for solids yet. We thought about starting with sweet potato or avocado, something soft but not too sweet.

miniray

Reply by pbc910 » May. 3, 2016 2:18pm

miniray - the twins can't sit up yet but can sit ok if they are strapped in or in a highchair. I think the biggest indicator for me that Fiona was ready was that she would stare at us while eating. I decided one day to see what she did and she went for the spoon and knew exactly what to do. Oliver is still confused but I am still trying to feed him. Solids has worked great for Fiona and she is sleeping all night without feeding. Oliver though...that boy needs like 2-3 bottles! I think I need to increase his daytime bottles. He's just such a chunker and needs way more food that his sister.

I know this is random...do you all think about having more children? I was thinking yesterday how it's sad that I won't be having any more and won't experience another pregnancy.

pbc910

Reply by MalPal85 » May. 3, 2016 5:57pm

miniray - Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one who threw up randomly, lol.

Pbc - I constantly think about having another one but I know I am not ready yet. With all of that PPD/PPA I'm scared shitless to have another one. I still can't believe I say this but I do miss being pregnant. Before I was pregnant and people told me that I thought they were bat shit crazy! I know we will have another one because I really don't want Colton to be an only child but I'm scared, really don't know if we can afford two in daycare and I'm not ready yet.

Colton ate all of his oatmeal cereal last night (1 tablespoon mixed with formula). Tom and I sang a lot of Disney songs to him and probably looked like a bunch of jackasses but he ate it all, lol. He's still waking up once a night to eat though. I still can't believe how big he is. I hate the in between stages of clothes. Just like the 3 to 6 month clothes I'm finding it impossible to find 6 to 9 month clothes. He's still in a lot of the 6 month clothes but some are small and size 9 is too big. Colton is doing good though. Still not a fan of tummy time but he is moving all over in his crib. His head was on the complete other end yesterday morning. He's had some extra snot these past few days but the lady at daycare said a lot of the kids do recently. No fever (yet) though. Just the "perks" of having a child in daycare I guess.

It looks like it's just us 3 updating on here. I wish some of you other December Momma's would give us an update :(.

MalPal85

Reply by pbc910 » May. 4, 2016 4:48pm

I bet the second time around would be "easier" in a way at least knowing what to expect and being prepared. I've heard a lot of parents feel better mentally the second time as compared to the first. That's what bums me out a little is how sucky the first 8 weeks were for us and I would love to experience it again being more content and at ease but hey, it is what it is! No more babies for us unless in 5 years, after 2 more of the older kids are out, we decide to go crazy but probably not. I'm sure the twins will keep us busy enough!

We tried oatmeal cereal the other day. No big fans in Oliver and Fiona. I don't even try to feed him much anymore. He is more than content with formula. Fiona though, she is loving it! I am trying her on fruits for the first time tonight. I can't wait to get the highchair my mom has (we've been using a small fisher price seat).

Walmart is the only place that I know of that specifically sells 0-3, 3-6, 6-9, etc size clothing. Target is 3 months, 6 months, 9 months, etc. Oh wait, Old Navy does 6-9 months too. I am having a ton of clothing issues with the twins. Oliver fills everything out well but he has short legs. Fiona doesn't fill anything out and has long legs. She can't fit in size 0-3 or 3 months anymore due to length but 6 months is too big/wide. 6 month size pants fit her great but too big in waist. I just had to go get new sleepers because none of their other ones fit. There was a period when they only wore a onesie and swaddle to bed but now that they aren't swaddled, it's sleepers for bed. Thankfully Walmart has cute and cheap ones! I got some from Carter's too.

Both babies were snotty for 7 weeks and had a cold for about 5 weeks. This is the first week I have no had to suction their noses since mid March! The joys of daycare! Hope Colton is liking his daycare. I love our daycare!

pbc910

Reply by MalPal85 » May. 6, 2016 2:56pm

Pbc - I'm sure it will be easier the second time around. I think about my maternity leave as well and it would have been so much better if I was in my right mind. I hate myself for not enjoying it as much.

We've put the breaks on the cereal for a few days because it's making Colton's poops hard and he is not a fan of that at all, lol.

I did find some 6 to 9 month clothes at Walmart and I always forget about Old Navy. I'm confused on the sleepers (I buy the Gerber Onesie 3 packs at Target that zip up with the footies for $12.99). They only go up to size 6 to 9 months. What the hell do I do after that?

I still think Colton is not too sure about daycare. I was told he had another meltdown yesterday but then they took him outside and he was fine. I guess he's going to me my outdoorsman. They couldn't get him to eat a lot yesterday either but he was fine for us. Hopefully he adjusts sooner rather than later because it makes me feel bad.

He slept through the night last night for the first time in a month or so. That was nice! He woke up a couple times but it was nothing the binky couldn't fix, lol.

MalPal85

Reply by pbc910 » May. 6, 2016 5:27pm

Have you tried any veggies? I wonder if that might help the poops? I've noticed Fiona's poopy doo is more formed now that she is eating solids. I think that's normal (my husband seems to think it is from his experience). I will say that now with solids, we are getting some interesting colors. Ah, baby poo...

I've noticed that for sleepers and PJs, after size 9-12 months, it seems it's less sleepers/one pieces and 2 pieces. I've rarely seen sleepers past 12 months. Maybe that's why they don't have them after 6-9 months?

Wonder why he isn't liking daycare? He misses his mom and dad, I'm sure! I think the twins like daycare more than being at home. Their infant teacher is great and they get a lot of love there. Might just be the age he is at. I know as F & O (i'm too lazy to type their entire names) have gotten older, they've become more calm. They fuss less and that has just been the last 2 weeks. It's great they were able to find something to soothe him.

Fiona is doing great at night but Oliver is up ALL THE DAMN TIME! I don't think he will ever sleep through but anything is an improvement on 3-4 months ago! I don't know about you but when Fiona started sleeping for 12 hrs, I thought something was wrong and then I realized, no, she's realized SLEEP is the best thing ever! Oliver...listen buddy...time for you to do the same!

pbc910

Reply by MalPal85 » May. 9, 2016 5:20pm

Pbc - tried peas last night and you should have seen the faces he made, lol. He ate it but he wasn't too sure about it.

I like the sleepers and I wish I could find them without spending a fortune.

I'm not sure what it is about daycare. I hope he's not considered the "bad baby" there though lol. Hopefully he gets better as he gets older.

Glad one of your babies is doing good overnight. Hopefully Oliver catches on soon.

Had a good Mother's Day but we have an incident with our dog that is bringing us down. She has been nothing but fantastic with Colton but yesterday her and my in-laws dog got into a big fight and our dog drew blood from their dogs ear. Like, she latched onto her ear and tom had to pry them apart. It was really sad and Tom is so mad at our dog right now (I'm mad too but he is just furious). I don't think this means that she would do anything to Colton and it is really just a dog versus dog territory thing but I'm feeling a bit down about it. Also had a small flood issue on Saturday with our washing machine draining "system." Not the greatest of weekends!

Hope you enjoyed your Mother's Day!

MalPal85