Pregnancy Discussion Forum

Recent Forum Activity
Forum Categories
Start a New Topic Hide Signatures

BYOB: Leaking and Lamaze - Page 7

Replies (286)

Reply by Tink087 » Sep. 27, 2011 10:17pm

Aisha I still don't have an outtie it is just flat instead of inside. Afm 38week checkup tomorrow at 8 and I'm officially on bed rest until Nahla appears. I'm just so exhausted and achey.

Whitney, Keith, and Nahla Foster one big happy family completed on 10/10/11

Tink087

Reply by Shannybum » Sep. 27, 2011 10:28pm

Aisha: I'm almost at 33 weeks....My bellybutton is the same but stretched a bit. I have an unusual belly button - i've always said it looks like a ball of dough in a bowl. Looks like an innie/outie combo but the little "ball" of flesh doesn't stick out, it's flush with my tummy.

I have a strong suspicion the little ball of dough will pop out pretty soon...as things stretch. I give it two weeks. I dont mind, except I have my navel ring in still so having the pressure of flesh pushing on it I guess might irritate it.

Shannybum

Reply by bens10 » Sep. 28, 2011 12:34am

Hi ladies,

Sorry I have been MIA. I have been reading all the posts but honestly, I am sooooooo tired at night, I can't even muster the energy to post.... yikes!

Shannon - good luck with the letter to DH. I hope he comes away understanding that all you want is a little more help.

Tink - how close are you???

AFM - I pretty much told everyone since friday. My employers were soooo supportive!

Telling people is exciting but also a little awkward, I guess I don't like being the center of attention. But other than exhaustion, I feel ok. still have a little vertigo, but not too bad.

I go on thursday for an ultrasound... I can't wait!

User Image

bens10

Reply by Tink087 » Sep. 28, 2011 1:15am

Hi Bens it's great to hear from you I'm glad your pregnancy is going well and that your employers are supportive of you and your pregnancy. Well I'm 38 weeks now and she can come anytime now. But realistically I have about 16 days left. So ready to see her little face. That by the way she hides e everytime we've had an ultrasound..................................................................... So I have a question I know they checked me last week for dilation do they check ever time you go until deliver or only if you ask them to?

Tink087

Reply by dmpage » Sep. 28, 2011 1:18am

They checked me every time, Tink. I hated that part!! G'luck and many blessings!!!

:D

Diana

dmpage

Reply by KatieK » Sep. 28, 2011 10:55am

Good Mornign Ladies,

Shanny- did you give him the letter yet? How did he react? or did he even react at all?...maybe he just started helping a little?

Aisha- I have an inny, and it never popped out last pregnancy, it just became flush with my belly...hoping the same happens this time. Other than that it seems that it happens at different stages for different women.

Tink- at least you will have a little bit of time to just relax before Nahla gets here. You are going to need it! Enjoy it, while you can!
And as far as the checking part, my doc checked me at 36 weeks, and that was the last time she checked, until I went in for my 38th appointment, and had a high BP...then they checked again, because the plan was too induce. My GF's all go to the same GYN, and they do not usually get checked again until 39 weeks or if they start having contractions, water breaks, etc...

Some practioners will "strip your membranes" which will only "Send" you into labor if you are ready to go soon anyway. I think you have to be at least 2 cm before they can do that maneuver, and if you are not ready to go into labor...it doesn't do anything, nor does it cause any harm.

Good Luck...we hope to hear baby news soon!

AFM- nothing new really, just lovin' that Carsyn is bouncing around like a bunny in there. Think that may be here nickname, Bunny or Bun. Kyleigh's nickname is bird, cuz she would do this cute little thing with her mouth when she was an infant, she looked like a baby bird.
On another note...not sure if the rest are you are "feeling" up to it or not, but sex has been incredible lately...guess because of all the extra blood flow to that area, and the sensitive nips. It would be nice if that was one of those lingering side effects of having a baby, instead of the incontinence, and flab

Hope you all have a great day,
Katie

KatieK

Reply by yasminesa » Sep. 28, 2011 12:22pm

Hey,

katie - yep was very embarrassed but hey I lived to tell the tale and baby was fine so all good. A hawk delievered the rings? my days that is extravagent. Sorry that you felt so unwell afterwards. Love the nickname bunny, so cute!
And as for the great sex not lasting when baby is here I have to agree why can't we keep that. I would happily give up flabby tummy for great sex.

Shanny - How was the baby shower? Wow do you ever stop woman? Glad you feel that the letter is ready for dh but the question is is dh ready for the letter? me thinks yes, he has still not quite tagged onto how tired you are but seems that with your little convo's and the letter he will be fully enlightened. Sorry to hear he has been unwell.

Bens - lucky you is going to see baby, bless, enjoy!

AFM - I am starting to feel really good at the moment, baby is doing good, I'm feeling good. I finaly sent the letter to my mother u/s pics included so that she can already feel involved. I think in total I wrote 5 different letters and in the end made a combo of them as it encorperated everything I wanted in just the right way, an art form really lol.
Dh has started noting that I am getting a nice little bump, he is getting quite attached to it lol. Went to the new Stratford shopping mall (thats right the one next to the Olypmic stadium, london) it is huge, and I brought a beautiful white cardigan with little white bears on for bump as s/he is due in April and the weather here can be weird.

One gorgeous daughter, Baby #2 (my little surprise) on the way xXx Yasmine

User Image

yasminesa

Reply by Shannybum » Sep. 28, 2011 4:04pm

KatieK and Yas: Haven't given him the letter yet! I'm chickening out. It's been a quiet week so far, just me and him at home in the evenings and I'm just laying off the housework and doing only the necessary things. But when the boys come back Friday things will get harder...so maybe I'll give him the letter tomorrow night.

The little sweater sounds cute. I found a box of clothes from when DH's youngest was a baby, together with all the "gender nuetral" stuff people have donated, I have tons of boys clothes! Gender nuetral stuff ALWAYS is more boy oriented than girl oriented....anyhow since I can't buy clothes I'm buying diapers & Wipes!!! With my couponing skills last night I got a box of Pampers - 144 diapers for $6.50 :)

Shannybum

Reply by Tink087 » Sep. 28, 2011 5:11pm

Hello ladies,
Thanks for the info. I went to my 38 week checkup today baby is GREAT, they nicknamed her mover and shaker, she keeps them entertained and on their toes. When I asked the Dr. about checking for dilation or effaacement she said they wouldn't check me again until my contractions got stronger or my water breaks. So I'm okay with that. I tested negative for the test they give to determine if your baby will get stuck in your pelvis. So looks like I'm all go for a natural birth. However I did test positive for Group B Strep, so I will have to go to the hospital as soon as I feel like I'm going into labor to get the antibiotics so Nahla will be protected. Other than that i'm free to labor unmedicated and delivery naturally.

Exhaustion has taken over my life and because its almost that time I can't get comfortable enough to sleep.. oh well.

How are they rest of the preggies doing? Who is next in line to deliver? Shanny, Aisha, Popstar, or KatieK.

I was looking at some of the other forums on here where one woman had triplets and the other quads... All I can say Is GOD bless them, he definitely knows who to bless with that responsiblitiy I would probably faint and go crazy if the dr said mrs foster you are having twins.... So anything above that number would definitely constitute a mental rehab check in.

Tink087

Reply by dmpage » Sep. 28, 2011 5:34pm

Neeki and Shanny are before me, I know that much. My c-section (boo) is scheduled for Nov. 16th.

Yay for the mover and shaker! I wonder why they checked me so often in the home stretch? I am considered high risk, so maybe that's why?

Shanny, good luck with the courage to give him the letter. There's no reason why you shouldn't give it to him...hang in there and let us know!

Just got all of my carpets and tile/grout steam cleaned. I feel SOOO much better. One less thing to do before Kennedy arrives in something like 50 days!! YIPES!!

Diana

dmpage

Reply by Shannybum » Sep. 28, 2011 5:42pm

Diana - you are before me (I'm due the 20th) and Neekie is due the 15th I believe....so I'm third in line :)

Tink - what test do they do to see if baby will get stuck in pelvis? Never heard of that....Happy Nahla is well and you'll be seeing her in no time!! Wow eh? (I'm Canadian lol)

Shannybum

Reply by dmpage » Sep. 28, 2011 5:49pm

Ahh, that's right. I'm originally due the 21st but going on the 16th. I don't know about you guys but this pregnancy is going quickly!! You?

diana

dmpage

Reply by KatieK » Sep. 28, 2011 6:46pm

I agree with you Diana, this pregnancy is going super fast for me too!

BTW Aisha is due the 16th of January, and I am the 17th...way behind you gals!

TInk- I am interested to know about the "pelvic size" check as well...I have never heard of anything like it!

Please do tell.

Katie

KatieK

Reply by allioak » Sep. 28, 2011 7:07pm

Hey girls,

It's crazy how soon some of you are due! Good luck in the coming weeks! Can't wait to hear your stories!

AFM: I've been kind of MIA, not sure why. Guess maybe pregnancy hormones throwing my emotions off.

Today I talked with my boss, I'm the only employee they have so I know that they have been thinking about how long I'll be working for them since I told them about the pregnancy last week. They are super sweet, but they need enough notice to train someone to replace me. My job is physical, and at the holidays requires 60-70 hours of work a week. I'm sure I'll get through Thanksgiving and Christmas just fine, but when I'm almost 7.5 months it will be Valentines Day and I'm not sure if I'm too big and tired I'll be able to pull it off, then again I don't want to leave too early! Any advice ladies, this is my first pregnancy so I'm not sure what my limitations will be. I also can't tell them last minute because they won't have anyone to work for them! There is a lot of training involved in a florist, and it took over a month and a half for me to be on my own... They hire people who have no floral experience, so the training time is even longer than normal... They are so nice, I don't want to leave them stranded...

Other than that, my symptoms still aren't that bad. At 10 weeks 1 day still no real morning sickness. I'm hungry all the time, like every 2 hours I am starving again, including in the middle of the night! Somehow I've only gained 1/2 a pound so far...Maybe since I don't have MS the hunger has shown through already? Get tired easy, but pretty much enjoying the pregnancy. Get back pains where my pelvis joints are, I guess from all the loosening and stretching.

Mostly, I can't wait for 12 week scan and then to share the news openly. I feel like I can't even walk around my neighborhood now unless I have a baggy shirt on, there are some gossipers and I don't want that news out to them yet...

Hoping to keep more in touch with you ladies and to be able to respond more!

Allison

Allison

User Image

allioak

Reply by popstarh8er » Sep. 28, 2011 7:15pm

Hey ladies ... sorry I've been MIA for a little while.

Thanks for checking in on me Shannon <3
I don't know if I really had been in the right frame of mind to post any replies. I've been following up on everyone of course, just not posting.

Didn't write anything down so going by memory ...
Belly button ... (Aisha asked this, I think) I use to have a deep innie belly button which has slowly become less deep. You can now see the bottom of it, but it is still maybe 1/4 inch deep and just stretching out.

Due dates ... I'm slightly after all of you ladies. Due November 28th ... ish. :) With all of us being so close in dates, who knows who will be the first to pop. We should make a little calendar and make predictions of who will come when! and Yes, Diana, stress is at an all-time high since the end of this pregnancy looms in the very near future.

Sex ... I'm looking forward to "good" sex again post-baby. There have just been so many issues for me and dh (ms, yeast infection, big belly, etc.) I feel sorely neglected and am neglecting dh in that department. I try to make sure he is "taken care of" in other ways, but I hope we can work out something for the next two months or that we can figure something out after.

AFM, incredibly long story short ... the shower (the big affair my step-mom threw for me) was absolutely beautiful! She went to so much trouble and put a lot of effort into all the little details. Our theme for the nursery is forest and owls and deer and such ... and my step-mom made the amazing centerpieces out of tree branches to look like mini-trees with little owls and squirrels in the them. I was floored ... and I was correct: there was a good crowd there. The whole evening was a whirlwind of people. I barely even got to look at the gifts as I opened them. I just ripped open, held up for others to "ohh" and "aww" and passed the items to a friend. We ended up having a couple of friends and family members go-together to buy two big items: the playpen and car seat off of my registry, which was awesome! I didn't get many duplicates, but did get a good bunch of clothes like I expected. I did receive two boppy's (one regular one, and one lounger) AND a cuddle-u, which is the same thing but off brand and only one person gave a gift receipt. So I've already given the cuddle-u to one of dh's co-workers who is having twins plus at least 70% of the hand-me-down clothes I got.

I've spent the last few days in Gemma's room going through everything, putting things away, making sure the list of items and givers is correct so I can start thank-you's.

The main reason I hadn't replied though was (as if I hadn't been sick enough in the last two months ... catching one thing after another because my immune system is low) I have had an ear infection for about a week now. It started off with me just not being able to hear out of that ear and it feeling "plugged". Long story short, I PROMISE ... I'M TRYING TO MAKE THIS SHORT lol ... on Monday morning when I went to work, I had severe pain and pressure in that ear. I ended up leaving work, heading to the clinic, where the dr. prescribed me anti-biotics (the same ones that gave me the yeast infection last time) and said that the pressure in my ear was SO BAD that it was a good possibility that my ear drum might rupture, and I would have to see an ENT, ear nose and throat doctor, if that happened.

And that night, my ear drum ruptured. Good news was, as soon as it ruptured, the pressure was relieved along with the intense sharp pain. Tuesday, I didn't go into work again but scheduled an appointment with an ENT. He confirmed that I did have a hole in my eardrum, BUT it had already started to heal itself. I have another appointment in 3 weeks to make sure it is healing correctly.

I still can't hear at all out of my left ear, and I'm on antibiotics that will probably give me a yeast infection ........... but honestly, I am SO, SO grateful! I thought immediately of holding Gemma, and not being able to hear her crying and I was scared, but it looks like so far, I should regain my hearing in that ear as soon as the infection and the hole heal.

I'm at work today catching up ... but wanted to let you ladies know that I love you and haven't forgotten about you <3

Kat
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 BabyFruit Ticker
 BabyFetus Ticker

popstarh8er

Reply by popstarh8er » Sep. 28, 2011 7:22pm

Ali - We were typing at the same time <3 It seems like you already have a great relationship with them. My best suggestion would be not to leave them guessing, even if you don't have all the answers just yet. I would mention it like, "Hey, I just thought I'd let you know that I don't really know all of the details as to WHEN I might leave, but I did want to let you know that I don't want to leave you high and dry. I'd be more than willing to help train someone to replace me. When do you think we should look into that more?" and just get the conversation going. That way both you and them are on the same page and they know you care about not burning bridges.

I have taken this approach with my employer. They know I will be here for another month, but as to what day EXACTLY I am leaving, I still haven't decided and they have been really flexible because I basically gave them a 7 months notice instead of a two weeks notice lol. You know? and I have put forth effort to help find someone GOOD to replace me, so they have less burden.

Hope this helps!

popstarh8er

Reply by Tink087 » Sep. 28, 2011 9:08pm

KatieK and Shanny,

So when I went in for my 36 week checkup two weeks ago, they did an ultrasound to measure Nahla's weight, length, and position in my uterus. Whille doing that they take a look at your pelvis width and length in relationship to the babies size.

Then they match the numbers up and put them into the computer then the computer does a diagnostic test to determine whether it is likely for your pelvis to stretch enough to allow the baby to be able to pass through. So its like a computer animation type thing. Its pretty cool.

I asked my doctor how often do they use these predictions and how accurate it is. She said it was something new and that they had only preformed this with 10 patients so far and that the other 8 ladies said it helped them to prepare for birth and put their mind at ease. Two of the ladies were told they had narrow pelvic cavaties and the computer gave positions to try before and during labor to make labor a little more easy on them and the baby.

But again its not 100 percent its just a tool to try and help the mom prepare for labor. One of the Doctors on the Hospital board actually created the computer program. So if it proves to be helpful to the mom and helps determine the likely hood for a natural birth then I think they will go mainstream with it. I thought it was neat that I got to be one of the 10 to check it out. We will see in 15 days whether it was accurate.

Tink087

Reply by MevensGirl » Sep. 29, 2011 1:16am

Yas - Good luck with the letter. Good idea on including the ultrasound pics.

Shannon - Good luck with your letter too! Hope you get some rest!

Tink - That is awesome! How fun that you get to be a part of it! I would have loved to have this test before trying to deliver my DS. Nahla will be here so soon! It is so exciting!!

Diana - AGREED! This is all going so fast!

Allison - I worked up til my water broke with my first, but it was a desk job. I have had physically demanding jobs in the past and there is NO WAY I could do those jobs while pregnant. I am kind of a wuss though. HA HA! I pretty much gave notice at my job as soon as I knew I was pregnant. Just a non-specific "around this month, I may be gone for a few weeks" kinda thing.

Kat - A calendar is a good idea! I can't imagine what a ruptured ear drum feels like. I'm so sorry.

As for me, my diabetes test came back fine. I'm excited because I have been craving Ben & Jerry's! My follow up ultrasound is this Friday to see if my placenta is still too low. I'm hoping to snag another picture of Kira while I'm there. My doc went ahead and scheduled my c-section for December 30th.

MevensGirl

Reply by pookerdooks » Sep. 29, 2011 2:39am

Wow today everyone was busy! Sorry to those I will miss in my replies!

Yas- the sweater sounds cute!

Shanny- glad you are getting a bit of a break! Good luck with the letter when you give it! And I think my bellybutton is like yours- dough in a bowl. Right now the bowl is getting wider and shallower but still definitely a bowl! I have a feeling my dough will pop out before I'm done.

Kat- Uggh I'm so sorry about your ear infection! Feel better soon!

Allison- Just follow your heart and what your needs are for the job thing. You will know what and when it feels right.

Katie- Glad you are having good sex! For the beginning of my second trimester I was seriously sex crazed and dh was loving it but now my drive is completely gone... luckily my dh doesn't seem to mind because now that I'm showing more he can't look at me without thinking of the baby. And he knows it's irrational but it just makes him nervous lol.

Diana- Yep it's going fast for sure!

Tink- That new technology sounds awesome and that's so cool you got to be a part of it!

Amanda- I'm praying your placenta will be higher!

A lot of you ladies were mentioning Tink's birth canal measurements. Really, three is a good possibility you had it done or will have it done the old fashioned way and the doc never said anything. It's called clinical pelvimetry and OBs and Midwifes are actually trained to know the measurements of their fingers and will often feel for various points on your pelvis from the inside and measure the distances. Some doctors even do it at your first check up when they do your first pelvic exam. This is very old fashioned and needless to say not very accurate and some docs only do it now if they have a reason to think there could be a problem such as with shorter women with narrower hips. I've done it myself on a few patients. Tink's technology sounds much better.

AFM- Not much. Just happy to be 24 weeks (Yay for viability)!

Aisha

User Image

pookerdooks

Reply by Tink087 » Sep. 29, 2011 12:21pm

Aisha, that's something else the dr mentioned. They normally only do it on really short women (like me I'm 4"10) and women who seem to measure narrow At the first pelvic exam. Thanks for telling them the actual name cause I couldn't find my paper work yesterday when I was telling everybody about it.

Tink087