Pregnancy Discussion Forum

Recent Forum Activity
Forum Categories
Start a New Topic Hide Signatures

*August 2012 Babies* <3 - Page 23

Replies (492)

Reply by curl_gurl » May. 22, 2012 8:59pm

Hey sageviolet glad to know that someone else is a stay-at-home mom that gives me hope that it is possible.

CJ your getting down to the wire now, so exciting!!

Has anyone noticed that since they are in 3rd trimester that you starting to have a repeat of the first trimester symptoms? I'm a few days away from the 3rd trimester and I'm starting to get that queasy feeling every time I eat now. I just pray that it doesn't last.

User Image

curl_gurl

Reply by sageviolet » May. 23, 2012 12:48pm

I've felt queasy after eating too many grapes. They were so good, I ate a lot, but then I felt nauseous and had to sit for afew minutes. I find I usually feel best if I sit and rest for awhile after eating. Things are crowded in there now!

CJ, I'm praying for you, that everything turns out happy and healthy!

User Image

User Image

sageviolet

Reply by rkp0923 » May. 23, 2012 2:44pm

inlove- i hope everything goes well... fx!

curl gurl- i would LOVE to be a SAHM, but we simply cant afford it.... sigh...someday it will happen! as for round ligament pain, i tend to wince through it and then lay on my left side... or just stay still in whatever comfortable position i can... i also try to stretch daily.

cj- how exciting!

as for me, ive been feeling pretty good... i did begin to experience more tiredness the last couple of weeks... its not constant thank goodness but definitely more tired like 1st trimester. i did have my work baby shower and am looking forward to our one in MI(our home state) and then my best friend here in GA is throwing a double baby shower for myself and another friend. i am also looking forward to being able to really organize and get the nursery ready :)

pregnancy week by week

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

rkp0923

Reply by Ashleythornton0610 » May. 23, 2012 8:52pm

hey! im due aug 22nd with a lil girl

Reply by NewBeginnings79 » May. 24, 2012 2:30am

@CJ - Thinking of you!! Sounds like things are getting close for you. How exciting!

@Ashley - Congrats and welcome! How are you feeling?

@curl - Yes, I am definitely getting a few 1st trimester symptoms repeated in the 3rd. I have noticed the past couple of days that when brushing my teeth, I'm having that gag reflex again. And, definitely feeling that overwhelming exhaustion that I had in the first tri.

@sage - Sounds like your keeping yourself busy with showers and getting the nursery organized. I have my shower next weekend. Still have lots of work to do with the nursery though!

So, lots of firsts for me this week. Since I am now off pelvic rest, I went to my first prenatal yoga class. I thought it was great, and it felt good to stretch and do something relaxing for my body, and my baby. Also great to be around so many other pregnant women! We also had our first birthing class this week. There were 5 other couples there, and we are all due within 2 weeks of each other. So far, the class seems pretty informative. I was worried cause so many people told me they felt their birth class was a waste of time. And, I'm very excited that I reached 30 weeks this week!! It feels like such a milestone to be in the 30s!

NewBeginnings79

Reply by wassernixe » May. 28, 2012 2:55pm

Ashley- Welcome and congrats! :)

NewBeginnings - I feel the same! It feels so awesome to be officially 30 weeks today. I am counting down the weeks! It all feels so much more real now.

I'm jealous of all you ladies gearing up for your baby showers! Unfortch, I'm miles away from my American friends and family so no such luck. And buying presents before the baby is born is seen as bad luck here. A lot of parents even set it up so that the crib isn't delivered until the baby is born. So no party for me. Oh well, our parents are helping up pay for the big tickets items, so I couldn't really ask for more than that. It would just be nice to be celebrated for being pregnant. Here I feel like complete strangers either give me the stink eye or will noticeably look away like the kindest thing they can do is pretend not to notice my condition. Ugh.

Anyone else noticing more stretch marks popping up now? Or am I the only unlucky one?

I got a few small ones at around 16 weeks, but nothing since then. This week 3 small ones popped up on the side of my bump. :( I'm really depressed about it, because if they're showing up now already my tummy is going to be covered by 38 weeks. Bummer.

User Image

User Image

wassernixe

Reply by cjpalaska » May. 28, 2012 6:55pm

I didn't have any: stretch marks- and thought I was going to escape them until this week.... all of a sudden I have lots and they are dark! YIKES..... I have just been hanging out at home since I am still on modified bedrest and it has been so hot lately! Can't really do much.... I can't get comofrtable no matter what: sitting, standing, sleeping ect. I have also been super tired and feel like I am back to the first trimester also! Just feel fluish and not well in general.... I have read that that is normal towards the end! Also my nips are super dark all of a sudden. Went for another non stress test today and urine test; waiting to hear from my dr. otherwise I am back on Thurs. for my weekly dr. apt. and non stress test. Pretty much I am just waiting to see if complications develop or when I start labor.... Can't plan much since I am so close and on bedrest..... SIGH! One more day down.......

cjpalaska

Reply by CrwHnw0909 » May. 29, 2012 1:07am

Hello laides. I hope everyone is doing well

@becky: You have a little fighther on your hands. Hollie is darling. I hope you get to hold her soon.

@CJ: Your little o e before you know it. Exciting.

I've started to notice stretch marks at about 26 week all around my belly button. Strange thing is, their not dark like the ones on my hips. I was hopping to skip that but no go. Both my mom and sister had 3 children and not a stretch mark in site. Oh well my lil buggies are for sure worth it I've had a lot more BH then ever and have not liked it one bit

AFM: My cervix has shortened a tiny bit and I've started to see my Dr. every two weeks. I have to go in again on Friday because baby girls amniotic fluid is a little low compared to her brothers so we are going to have to watch that. She says she hopes we make it to 32 weeks and will go from there. So either she is okay with delivering at 32 weeks or at that point will give me another goal to focus on. They are super active and right now transverse. Baby girl is in a kinda U shape and low, while her brother seems to have the majority of their living quarters. I had so many pictures of myself on my mobile that I never uploaded and lost them all. So now I'm kicking myself for not uploading them. Its been forever since I've uploaded pictures.. I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday weekend.

CrwHnw0909

Reply by ilovebabybumps » May. 30, 2012 10:39am

hello im new to this so i keep pressing the wrong thing etc lol im due on the 19th august with a baby boy! this is my 3rd child and it doesnt make it any less exiting. how is everyone?

ilovebabybumps

Reply by kokopellie » May. 30, 2012 12:58pm

HI everyone! Whoo hoo to the 3rd trimester. due august 4th 1st baby :) We didn't find out what our little baby is so The anticipation is building and I can't wait to see my little boy or girl!!!
well 3rd timester is right back to being tired like the 1st. and I JUST found a few strech marks on my L and R hip :( but it's all worth it here in just about 9 weeks. Still havent bought my breast bump but I will need a double electric pump what's everyone else buying?

Here's to the rest of 3rd trimester and healthy babies!!

kokopellie

Reply by NewBeginnings79 » Jun. 4, 2012 1:30am

Welcome @koko and @ilovebabybumps!

@CRW - Sounds like your little one could be here before you know it. Definitely keep us posted!

I had my shower this weekend... it was so nice, but sooo overwhelming!! It was another step in making the arrival of our little girl "more real." And, it made me realize we really need to get our act together and finish up the nursery. Contractors are scheduled to come in and do some work this Thurs and Friday, so that's making me feel a bit better.

Otherwise, I have to say I'm feeling pretty great. I'm off and on with being tired - some days it hits me hard, and other days I seem to have plenty of energy to work on my nesting. :) I'm getting to the point, though, where it's hard to concentrate at work. I find myself thinking about baby's arrival, and making mental lists of all the things I'd like to do before she gets here.

Hope everyone else is doing well, and look forward to hearing your updates!

NewBeginnings79

Reply by curl_gurl » Jun. 5, 2012 5:58pm

@NewBeginnings I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who can't concentrate at work. I think about the baby and being a Mom all the time, i told myself I don't know how this is going to work until August-79 days that's alot of work days with no concentration...lol.

I have my shower this weekend, I'm so excited. I'm going back home, I haven't been home since Xmas.

User Image

curl_gurl

Reply by leeannarichards » Jun. 11, 2012 3:49pm

I am new to here today and I am due in August, so thought I would introduce myself.

I'm already Mum to a 2 year old boy, Liam and I am expecting triplets (2 boys and girl) on 16 August, via a C-section at 38 weeks.

I've been with my partner for 4 years and we are so excited to be welcoming triplets, although it will be very hard and tiring work, but we are prepared.

I am fine, apart from feeling very big! Plus being kicked to death!!!!!

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

leeannarichards

Reply by NewBeginnings79 » Jun. 11, 2012 5:35pm

Wow, the nesting is definitely kicking in. Yesterday I had enough energy to pot some flowers, do some weeding, refinish a dresser (I'll be using it as a changing table), power wash our outdoor swing, and power-wash the deck!! I have no idea where this burst of energy came from, but I took advantage of it and was so exhausted by the end of the day that I slept amazingly last night!

We finally had the contractors begin work on our nursery, and that's coming along nicely. I'm getting very excited with all the progress we've been making! Can't wait for everything to be ready.

How's everyone else doing?

@curl_gurl How did your shower go?

User Image

User Image

NewBeginnings79

Reply by curl_gurl » Jun. 12, 2012 7:01pm

My shower was amazing, my mother and sis really put alot of work into that day and made it very special for me. I received so much stuff; double of things and triple of some things so we had to take some items back. But we have everything we need now, I really don't even need the work shower at the end of the month. All we need is a continuous supply of diapers.We are truly blessed!

User Image

curl_gurl

Reply by curl_gurl » Jun. 13, 2012 3:47pm

CJ how are you doing? We haven't heard from you lately. Did you have your bundle of joy yet?

User Image

curl_gurl

Reply by leeannarichards » Jun. 14, 2012 6:27pm

Only 9 weeks left until I have my triplets.... eek!

I had my scan today and midwife check up. The triplets are fine and growing well (around 4.5lb each)and in good positions. I've to have as much rest as possible now before I deliver. I was shattered when I got there, as I had to walk from the car to the entrance, which was about 3 minutes, before I could get a wheelchair. I get so breathless and feel really heavy if I walk anywhere too far.

Well we are now on the final stretch getting everything ready for the triplets arrival. The cots have been assembled, feeding bottles, clothes washed and put away. And the nursery is just about finished.

All I can really do is look online for car seats, so I will get Alex to get them at the weekend. I feel a bit useless at the moment as there's not a lot I can do!!
But then I feel them kicking around in me and I know it will be worth it.

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

leeannarichards

Reply by curl_gurl » Jun. 15, 2012 2:14pm

@lee woww your a trooper 4.5lbs each which is a blessing b/c that's a really good size for triplets I would think they would be a little less, sounds like everything is on track. Just make sure you get your rest b/c I can only imagine the strange those 3 little ones put on your back, but its all worth it in the end.

User Image

curl_gurl

Reply by leeannarichards » Jun. 15, 2012 2:22pm

curlgurl: Your right about the backache. I've had it since around 20 weeks, especially when I walk anywhere too far. I can just about get the bathroom and back, then that's it!!. I just take painkillers and they seem to work OK.

They are around 4.5lb each, but that's including a bit of fluid so they are a bit less, but are a good size.

Really kicking a lot today for some reason, as if they are wanting to break out..... various limbs poking out.

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

leeannarichards

Reply by Navywife2011 » Jun. 15, 2012 11:22pm

hi im due august 6th...very excited and im having a boy...

Navywife2011