Pregnancy Discussion Forum

Recent Forum Activity
Forum Categories
Start a New Topic Hide Signatures

January 2015 Babies Club! - Page 31

Replies (642)

Reply by Runnermama » Jan. 3, 2015 4:47am

Congrats Sam! I am so so so happy for you! Sending lots of sticky vibes! 2 of my 3 boys are september babies! The 12th and 28th! :)

All right ladies time for an update! Drum roll please......I am still pregnant! Annnnd the forecast for the next five days.....blizzard conditions tonight and tomorrow, making travel treacherous. Followed by -20 to -30 below air temps, -40+ with windchill. Topping it all off with a full moon on the 5th. I currently have a poll running on baby center.com right now. Will baby make his debut during the blizzard, the frigid temps to follow, the full moon on the 5th or when his grandpa returns from vacation in Florida next Friday aka our induction date. What do you ladies think?! Polls are pretty split over on baby center. As well asy fb page...I don't usually draw this much attention to myself, but I'm getting super bored with this last week of waiting! Side note that may impact voting: I spent all day shopping with my toddler and mother. Like all day. :) I felt like such a rebel!

Runnermama

Reply by prinder » Jan. 3, 2015 10:18am

to Samantha on your ! That's wonderful news and I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say how happy we are for you! It's so sweet of you to think of us, especially in light of probably the million-and-one things running through your mind now that you're expecting. Have you found or made a Pregnancy club for September 2015? and wishes for you to have a !

@hopejosh Yeah, we'll be cohabiting with ours once it is born as well. It's more common these days, I think because more health professionals are encouraging parents to room-in with their babies.

Personally, if my DH wasn't always dead on his feet from long work hours, I wouldn't have minded giving co-sleeping a try, but as it stands he's a bit too dangerous to have in the same bed as a baby so having a crib next to our own was the next-best option for us.

I think I can relate to how you're feeling about room arrangement. Our room has a bricked-up old fireplace (not safe to use, so it's sealed) in the middle of one wall with alcoves on either side of it and a window with the radiator on the opposite wall. Given the size of the room and all that in mind, plus our stuff, we had to resort to an... uh... interesting layout to get the crib in here in such a way that we weren't going to kill ourselves by tripping over everything.

Ooooh, things are getting really close for you now! be sure to let us know how it all goes once you're out and at home, recovering!

@Runnermama, Oh... what... fun (note: sarcasm - seriously, we need a special font for it). Yeah, I'm just going to keep my that you'll go into labour before or after that mess. I don't fault you for any of it; VIVA LA REBELLION!

AFM: I'm still waiting, as well, obviously. Yesterday was murder, though - I resorted to using the maternity pads to save myself the embarrassment of wetting myself every time I coughed or the child pressed on my bladder wrong. I am so done, seriously done. Just 10 more days until that membrane sweep.

I had to resort to going onto my hands and knees over the headboard of our bed last night to get the baby to move it's butt to a different part of my uterus because it had planted it there three days ago and all of the BH's and coughing had left the spot absolutely screaming with pain. It's still sore today, though thankfully not as much. The opposite side, however, is starting to feel it too, now, so something tells me by this evening I'm not going to be a very happy camper.

prinder

Reply by samanthapaige09 » Jan. 3, 2015 1:23pm

Thank you!!
i haven't found one yet i've been a bit busy with work and such! thats my plan for the weekend to find one or make one!! :)

http://www.countdownmypregnancy.com/tickers/pregnant-1419228000z4z1420092000z1.png

samanthapaige09

Reply by shelob » Jan. 3, 2015 4:37pm

congratulations samanthapaige09!!! That is fantastic! Lovely news to hear, thanks for sharing it with us.

Runnermamma I feel for you! How stressful these next days must seem... I am hoping baby stays put until after all the weather issues are past!!

To join the rooming conversation, James is in our room (no choice due to our living arrangements with my brother!) but the recommendations are that he stays in our room for the first year to reduce the SIDS risk. He will have to be! We were always planning to have this arrangement for the first 6 months anyway due to ease with breastfeeding. Not sure a baby monitor would wake me up as effectively! I am terrified of the co-sleeping thing (SIDS risk again) and I can tell that is a deep rooted fear as my recurring dream is that I have fallen asleep in our bed with him and I can't find him when I wake up! The number of times I have tried to feed my husband't arm, or remove his shoulder to put it in the bassinet... More often I will rummage through the blankets. Anyway the bassinet is right by my side of the bed (we had to switch sides to allow that to happen!) but I get bubs up and take him to the lounge for feeds otherwise I keep my husband awake too, which isn't fair.

Prinder those last throes of pregnancy don't sound fun! I had issues with baby bottom position too. My midwife said my aches and pains sounded like someone 40 weeks pregnant! Good thing I had him a couple of days later. Hate to think what it would have become otherwise! Is you pain in your ribs?

shelob

Reply by prinder » Jan. 3, 2015 8:21pm

@samanthapaige09 All the best, anyway. At the very least, keep me in the loop as you progress.

@shelob I think I can relate to the dreams you've been having. I keep dreaming about breastfeeding. I don't think I've done anything strange to my DH yet (or, if I have, he hasn't said anything) as a result, but one never knows. I guess I should consider myself fortunate that my nipples haven't leaked all over the place (yet?).

Strangely, I worry that the crib next to the bed still won't be close enough. Partly because I had hamsters as a child and I learned to tune their rustlings out at night. That said, I also grew up with pets sleeping in the same bed as me and so, in that regard, perhaps I am a little over-confident in my ability to be still throughout the night, but I definitely understand your fears with all of that (aforementioned DH is just not safe for a baby to sleep with), I have to own up to a small fear that the baby would fall out of the bed somehow in the middle of the night.

As for the pains; they are located in the deep-tissue of my abdomen. Honestly, it shouldn't surprise me all that much that prolonged pressure in one spot has done such a number on me - I'm someone who bruises easily. I mean, seriously easy; one time my younger cousin pressed and held one of her fingers against my upper arm (not hard, mind you, it didn't hurt at first) and it left a bruise there.

Thankfully, the worst of the soreness has already subsided and now it only hurts when I try to use the muscles there to move. Makes hauling myself around to get to the bathroom oh-so-much-fun.

prinder

Reply by Runnermama » Jan. 4, 2015 5:53am

He is here! Leo Thomas made his grand entrance tonight at 8:24pm. Weight: 6 pounds 14 ounces and 21 and a half inches long! He is amazing! We finally went into the hospital at 5pm. Got my epidural around 6:30/7ish and he was here by 8:24. I had two pushes in before my doc even got here! He didn't have time to even change clothes he walked in put gloves on and caught the baby. They didn't even set the birthing bed up! It went so fast! Its 25 below zero outside so my husband had to go home so he could plug our van in otherwise we wouldn't have a way to start the darn thing tomorrow. Its very weird not having him here with me. But all we will be doing tonight is snuggling and sleeping I guess!

Runnermama

Reply by prinder » Jan. 4, 2015 9:33am

WOW! Omg, Runnermama! and welcome to the world baby Leo! Goodness, that was very quick; how treacherous was the drive into the hospital? I would find it weird, too, if my DH had to go - even if it was for everyone's benefit. With the weather as cold as it is, do you think you've got enough warm stuff to take Leo home in? I'm so happy for you, this is great!

Just two of us left to go now! Hopejosh, I'm thinking you're going to be our next one since you've got everything scheduled and a time set. Are there any last-minute things that you're finding need to be done?

prinder

Reply by shelob » Jan. 4, 2015 11:22am

Well done runnermamma! That sounds amazing! So pleased you got to the hospital okay. Will you stay a few days?

shelob

Reply by Runnermama » Jan. 4, 2015 12:21pm

Thanks for the congrats ladies! The roads were only filled in with snow on one side so as we met on coming cars we just had to basically come to a stop and let them pass and continue driving down the wrong side of the road. so really not terrible!

They said I can stay until Monday for sure but my husband is anxious to get us home this afternoon. Basically we are only required to stay 24 hours. I am all for staying and resting! Lol! There are no other children requiring my full attention here! :D honestly I would be fine either way! My bed is much more comfy and I miss my other two boys dearly!

So far I have slept an hour in the past 26 hours. I am getting tired! Adrenaline is quickly wearing off! Leo and I are snuggled in for some skin to skin bonding time and he is sleeping so hard I dont want to dress him and put him in the bassinet! I can sleep later, right?!?!

I almost forgot to mention. Nursing is going amazing! He was meant to be a nursing baby! I am so happy! He latched immediately and continues to do so! Yah!

Runnermama

Reply by prinder » Jan. 4, 2015 4:08pm

Runnermama, that trip must have been stressful, it's good that they're willing to let you stay longer - I imagine the weather has something to do with it.

Awww, I'm sure sleep is purely optional in cases like that. I'm thinking that most parents would feel the same way with their little one snuggled up like that. And what luck that Leo's a good nurser! That's great to hear; it will make establishing a supply so much easier.

AFM: Let the drama continue. We went to the hospital again last night, this time because I had spiked a fever and we didn't have anything at home to take for it that was safe for pregnant women. We had called up the Midwife-led unit and, after explaining what was going on, they told us to come in, just to be safe. Of course, as we're trying to get out the door to do just that, MIL seemed to find it appropriate to question and grill us on my status and if I've tried X, Y or Z first. I just couldn't entertain her and resorted to saying on repeat: "The midwife wants us to come in so we're going in."

But, I swear, if it comes up again I'm going to rip her apart. True that everything was fine after I was given some medication, but there is no way on this earth I was going to gamble over the life of our child by staying at the house and hoping it would go away on its own. So, with the second trip and yet more judgement, I'm trying to convince DH to not bother telling anyone the next time and just leaving the house and letting them sit there wondering. I'm done playing.

Today, I've spent it all in bed, sipping water or sleeping. I only just got up and took a shower an hour ago. I have no appetite at all and I still occasionally have a fever so I'm taking something for that when it hits. Ultimately, were it not for the fever and coughing, this would just be a harmless head cold, but I want to stab things because of it.

Just a little over a week left before that membrane sweep... I cannot say how happy I am about that.

prinder

Reply by hopejosh » Jan. 4, 2015 6:45pm

@rummermomma congratulations!

@prinder sorry you still have to deal with all that drama. I'd have went off long ago lol.

hopejosh

Reply by hopejosh » Jan. 4, 2015 9:27pm

Just over 12 hours till I head to the hospital for my c section! I'm so excited but it still seem so unreal. Can't believe tomorrow is the day!

hopejosh

Reply by prinder » Jan. 5, 2015 7:10pm

Let us know how it goes once you're comfortable and able, Hopejosh! I'm so excited for you!

Surprisingly, it seems the MIL took a hint and bought a clue unexpectedly. She decided (suddenly, as no one knew about it until she was basically out the door) to spend the next three days or so in London with friends. SOOOOO, that means I have until Wednesday to give birth in peace and relative quiet without overly judgemental egoists breathing down my neck.

Any suggestions for things to try to help induce labour, ladies?

prinder

Reply by hopejosh » Jan. 5, 2015 7:31pm

Aubree Joyce Marie is here!
8'05am 8 pounds 7 oz 20 inches
Absolutely perfect!
Will update more after I get some rest.

hopejosh

Reply by prinder » Jan. 6, 2015 10:29am

Major to Hopejosh! Welcome to the world baby Aubree

Enjoy your rest while you can and be sure to fill us in on the details (with baby pictures? ) once you're able.

prinder

Reply by Chestnutroast » Jan. 6, 2015 11:56am

Hi there, congratulations Runnermamma. He finally decided what he wanted to do. And Hopejosh.
I just popped on while waiting for the midwife to visit us and had a look at the announcements.
I'll have to get hold of my laptop when free and catch up with what's been happening with everyone.

As for me i'm we are doing well and all enjoying baby Jonny.
We're just trying to make sure my 4 yr old isn't forgotten. she's loving him, and can't leave those tiny hands and feet aloan.

Chestnutroast

Reply by shelob » Jan. 6, 2015 3:25pm

Congratulations Hopehosh! That is wonderful news!!!

Prinder I am so pleased you will be having a little peace and quiet for a time! Hope that baby comes soon...

Gosh, James is 4 weeks now and I haven't even reached my due date! He is feeding so well. Midwife appointment later today will hopefully confirm the weight gain we can see and feel.

We have been starting to have issues with him feeding every two hours at night. I spent a lot of yesterday reading books and articles on sleep and tried a couple of things. So far success! He self settled to sleep last night and had almost 4 hours between feedings which makes me very happy! Hopefully the rest of the night goes as well. But have you seen how much conflicting information there is out there about the "best" or "right" ways of doing things? Basically in the end we thought it would be best just to pick a strategy and try it. If this continues to work then James and I should get much more sleep which will help a lot!

shelob

Reply by prinder » Jan. 6, 2015 8:36pm

@Chestnutroast Aww, it's great that you're keeping your 4-year-old in mind. It sounds like she's enamoured with the little guy. How did the midwife visit go? I keep hearing conflicting information on when/where I'll get the fabled red-book that's so important to the visits.

@shelob The time passes too quickly. She'll be back tomorrow and I feel like I've only had just enough time to turn around and my head is still spinning.

As for the sleep/feeding thing; I'd noticed that as well - everyone has a different way about it, though I guess the positive side of things is that means that, even if one option doesn't work for your family, there are others that are equally possible. Best of luck to you on it and let us know how it goes!

prinder

Reply by mommyof3vanessa » Jan. 9, 2015 7:11pm

Hi! Add me to the list!! I am due January 23rd! I have a RCS Scheduled for the 20th!

mommyof3vanessa

Reply by Chestnutroast » Jan. 10, 2015 2:05pm

Finally i kept trying to come on here the last 2 days after posting a pic of the little man, i was going to post another one but a stupid weight loss add kept taking over and kicking me out of countdown.
Guess they got it sorted out.
Still haven't had a chance to read anyones posts so will try to nab that laptop of the kids later, i did get on it to upload my photos from my phone and order more things with the kids on them.
I've been drinking out of their heads the last few days and ordered magnets and keyrings while theres sales on.

The little fella is now 9lbs 2oz and only 10 days old the little pork pie.
Everything is good with him but it seems i may need help with my bladder. I never told anyone medical that i don't know i have a full bladder till i'm in pain, i never thought about it cause problems other than just not feeling i need a wee.
So i have to wait till my doctor check up to see what i'm feeling. They may be able to tell me if it's nerve damage from the 2 nd c-section, still feels the same right now to me.

On the up side though i had a 8lb 15 baby removed from my body who also needed forceps to get his head out of my pelvic area, he had no idea he wasn't coming out the way he had thought.
It explains the pain i was in.
I lost 7lbs( just remembered what i was talking about) and another 5 in the last 5 days of fluid from my belly.
Oh and Baby j is having 4 oz of milk now.

Chestnutroast