Pregnancy Discussion Forum

Recent Forum Activity
Forum Categories
Start a New Topic Hide Signatures

Pregnant and terrified after misscarrage last year

Category: Special - Pregnant After a Loss
Posted by kkimke » May. 24, 2014 3:18am

Hi all! I found out 3 days ago that I was pregnant. Ever since my miscarriage over a year ago I've been obsessing over having a baby and we got pregnant on our first attempt! Now however, I am progressively getting more scared. I can't even get excited, which is weird for me. It almost doesn't seem real. I am constantly running to the bathroom and my heart pounds while I check for blood. I can't spend the next 8 months like this! I think every single pain is from me miscarrying. I just assume that this one won' last either :( Anyone else in or have been in the same boat?

kkimke

Replies (1)

Reply by shelob » May. 24, 2014 5:59am

Hi there. i know just how you feel. We had a miscarriage over a year ago and it took us a year to get pregnant again. The way I viewed it there was nothing I could do so just decided not to stress at all and wait an see. But, as the weeks have passed my hopes have begun to rise. And then this morning that dreaded sign happened - bleeding. So I have spent the day in bed (good thing it is the weekend) and am hoping, but feeling very sad. At least I had 7 weeks of being excited and happy! I had horrible nausea every day for the past week and great hCG so thought things were fine. Last time we told my parents early, then my husband's a little later. And that was a mistake. When things were going badly I couldn't lie about it. So this time we (fortunately) haven't told anyone and this means at least I don't have to field the comments and questions. We will tell them either that I have a healthy growing baby or that I miscarried again. I know what I will be praying for!!!

shelob