Pregnancy Discussion Forum

Recent Forum Activity
Forum Categories
Start a New Topic Hide Signatures

Early fetal movement

Category: Trimesters - First Trimester
Posted by MrsBrower » Aug. 16, 2011 5:46pm

I *think* (though, I'm pretty sure) I felt the babies move for the first time this morning. I was laying in bed and suddenly I just felt these little.... bubbles, like, fluttery pops? I don't know how to describe it, I was like, "what the.... oh!" and just laid in bed feeling it for a bit, then it stopped and I fell back to sleep. I'll be 10 weeks tomorrow, (one baby is measuring a day or so ahead, one behind). I know it's super early, but I keep reading it's possible at 10 weeks, especially for twins. Haven't felt much since I've been up and moving around though...

What's the earliest you ladies have felt fetal movement?

MrsBrower

Replies (8)

Reply by Lemons » Aug. 16, 2011 6:08pm

Hey Mrs B

How exciting - certainly sounds like you are feeling your first baby movements.

I felt my first movements sporadically from 16 weeks and more regularly from week 24 onwards.

Lx

User Image

Lemons

Reply by KatieK » Aug. 16, 2011 7:21pm

With my first pregnancy I did not feel, for sure, my baby move until I was almost 22 weeks, and I was not overweight. COUld not decipher definitively between gas, and movement.

With my current, second pregnancy, I could feel the baby move at around 12.5 weeks! I was shocked, but once you know the feeling, you know the feeling.

I would think since you have two in there, that you could be infact feeling them move already...although it could also be gas. It is really very hard to say. My girlfriend had twins and could feel her babies move around 16 weeks.

The first movements and gas bubbles are very similar, and hard to dinstinguish.

I am voting for YES you felt the babies move, because that is way more exciting than gas!

KatieK

Reply by MrsBrower » Aug. 16, 2011 7:39pm

LOL! usually my gas feels different, like, bigger bubbles and gurgles (I've suffered from horrible digestive issues, so I'm pretty familiar with it....) which is why I thought this could be fetal movement. Then again, pregnancy has been messing with my body a lot, so it could just be gas...

I DO think it's very early, so I'll have to keep checking in on my body and see whats going on.

Thanks for your responses!!!

MrsBrower

Reply by NewMommy07 » Aug. 16, 2011 8:13pm

I'm so glad you posted this, lol! I've been feeling something that isn't gas, but it's like bubbles or kind of feels like when you flick your finger against a balloon...if that makes sense?

I keep thinking it's too early since I'll only be 11 weeks tomorrow, but I think it's got to be the baby cause it feels different than anything else I've ever felt!

So I'm voting you're feeling your twins move!!! yay!

Heather
User Image

NewMommy07

Reply by MrsBrower » Aug. 16, 2011 8:31pm

yey for you! Maybe that's it... :) and you're exactly a week ahead of me! Too funny.

MrsBrower

Reply by Neekie » Aug. 16, 2011 9:55pm

Hey :)

I think its very possible its the babies.
I only have one in my belly but i swear i felt him at 10 weeks, just the once and then not again until 14 weeks, then it was constant. So yeah i think its very possible. We women know our bodies really well. And usually if its something thats not usually felt then its usually what we think it is.

Neekie

Reply by dmpage » Aug. 17, 2011 1:07am

Yup...I'm with Neekie! Felt mine at 10 weeks too (this is a singleton but my third). YAAAAY you! I found it's best felt early after drinking a LOT of cold cold water and then laying flat out with a pillow under your bum. So cool, isn't it?!!

dmpage

Reply by MrsBrower » Aug. 25, 2011 12:50pm

I felt the babies again this morning! They must be early birds, it was about 3:30 am. Weird!

MrsBrower