Pregnancy Discussion Forum

Recent Forum Activity
Forum Categories
Start a New Topic Hide Signatures

Pregnancy after stillbirth

Category: Special - Pregnant After a Loss
Posted by gearybug » Sep. 17, 2012 2:28pm

On May 12, 2012 my son, Lane, was delivered still. His cord was wrapped twice around his neck and an autopsy confirmed that asphyxia was the cause of death. I felt him move the night of May 10 and then the morning of May 11 he wasn't moving and we had a doctor appointment that morning and the doctor confirmed no heartbeat. It was the worst day of my life.

Fast forward to September 5, 2012 when I missed my period and after peeing on a stick over my lunch break I got a BFP! The hubs and I are excited and nervous.

I'm interested to know if there are any other women out there that have had a stillbirth and then went on to have a healthy live birth and what that pregnancy was like for them. Or if there are other women out there who have had a loss and are giving pregnancy another shot, we can lean on each other during these gut wrenching months to come.

gearybug

Replies (5)

Reply by Mrsfroomie » Sep. 17, 2012 3:26pm

I can be no help but want to tell you how sorry I am for your loss and I wish the joyful, healthy and happy delivery this time.

Mrsfroomie

Reply by gearybug » Sep. 18, 2012 12:24pm

Thanks! So far everything has been great. No pregnancy symptoms other than I'm starving all the time. I think that's what is making me most nervous right now, I have yet to feel sick like I did the first time around. Part of me hopes the puking will start just to confirm that there is a growing baby inside of me.

gearybug

Reply by kndge9584 » Oct. 19, 2012 11:06am

i also start taking birth control i am taking my birth control and so i probaly wont get my period until its been 28 days since i started re-taking my birth control BUT im confused because i have been urinating alot more this has been happening for 2-3 weeks, im tired my knees hurt my back hurts im moody i had sore breasts but im not feeling that anymore.. im also very gassy

kndge9584

Reply by Rellabell » Nov. 10, 2012 11:46am

Hi Gearybug! I just joined this site, and happened to come across your post. I ALSO gave birth to a baby in May this year, who was tragically and devastatingly stillborn. She was my first baby, was born at 40+4 with the cord 4 times around her neck.. She was beautiful and perfect up until this happened to her. She was 9lbs 8ozs, my perfect Angel.
I am so sorry u also lost your child, baby Lane. I just wanted to reply, and let u know that i fully understand x
I just recently found out i am expecting again also! I am 4+2, so very early days yet, but i am very excited to be expecting my Angel's baby brother or sister :)
I'm due mid July. When are u due?

Rellabell xx

Rellabell

Reply by gearybug » Nov. 26, 2012 7:29pm

Rellabell - I'm wishing you the best! I hope all goes well with your angel baby. Unfortunately, I miscarried at 7 weeks with our second child and now we're taking a break from the baby making business. I need time to heal and to grieve these losses before trying again. My heart goes out to you and your family over the stillbirth of your sweet baby girl. Hugs!

gearybug