Pregnancy Discussion Forum

Recent Forum Activity
Forum Categories
Start a New Topic Hide Signatures

Due September 2015 - Page 7

Replies (169)

Reply by awebste » Mar. 11, 2015 1:07pm

ugh scooby so sorry you are going through this again! I hope it stops asap!! as much as it is alarming - as long as babe is ok thats all that matters!! :)

time is going by both slow and fast....some days I can't believe I have made it this far...and some days seems like an eternity! almost 16 weeks......and anxious to feel some movement - I know it probably won't be for awhile yet but just amazing to think that within the next few weeks our little beanie babes will make themselves known!

I had my second round of bloodwork on Monday for the ips2 so they can give the statistical results of chances of Downs and Trisomy - I assume I will get a call when the results are in.

anyone started working on their nursery yet? DH and I have registered and have started making some of the larger purchases but no real progress - everything is just sitting in boxes waiting for the room to be painted which probably won't be until April once the weather gets nicer and I can open some windows while it happens. We picked out a grey colour for the walls and bought a white crib and dresser.....planning to accent with yellow to start and then once we give birth and know the gender probably blend in a colour (blue or purple) depending on sex.

aside from that anxiously awaiting our anatomy scan on March 31st!!!

When is everyone else's next appts???

awebste

Reply by Bumpin4Baby » Mar. 11, 2015 7:43pm

sooby: dang girl! That just seems so crazy that they don't know what it is caused from. Good thing baby is doing ok though!

aweb: We are doing grey walls too with white framing. The crib, changing table and dresser are all dark brown wood and we are doing turqouis bedding and accents. I am so ready to get it all done!

Bumpin4Baby

Reply by Bumpin4Baby » Mar. 18, 2015 2:46pm

Knock, knock!! Is everyone ok over here??

Bumpin4Baby

Reply by scoobyfanatic56 » Mar. 19, 2015 3:02pm

Hello ladies! Sorry it has been a while since I checked in. Things have been crazy busy, but I will try to be better! How is everyone?

I hit 16 weeks today and my baby boy celebrated by letting me feel him this morning! I thought I felt him Monday, but wasn't sure. This morning it was very obvious. Sort of like flutters and bubbles right where he was when the doc used the doppler two days ago. So amazing! I really expected I wouldn't feel anything for a couple more weeks since this is my first, but he is measuring larger than scheduled so maybe that has something to do with it.

aweb - have you gotten the test results back yet? My next appointment is Monday, but that is just for blood work. My next OB appointment is April 1, but I won't have another ultrasound til mid-April for the anatomy scan.

Your nurseries sound like they are going to be gorgeous, ladies!

We have the nursery painted and bought the paint to do the trim a couple weeks ago, but haven't done that yet (oops). The paint we used on the walls was zero-VOC, but the trim paint isn't so DH is insisting on doing it without me so I'm just waiting on him right now ;)

We have gotten a few gifts already. DH has a coworker that is done having children (they only have one, but went through a terrible struggle to get her with IVF and aren't planning on having another) and they gave us their stroller. It's in great shape, just a few scratches and is a fancy $500 peg perego! DH asked if I cared if he accepted used items and I was like, "snatch that up!". We have gotten some clothes from DH's aunt and from my best friend. My brother gave us $500! So, we ordered 2 car seats (one for his car and one for mine) and they should be here Monday. Another friend of mine offered me her nice breast pump so I'm going to take that too. I'll just give it a nice cleaning. I am more than willing to take these big items for free! I already have most of the big items (except the crib). I'll post a picture of what I'm using for the changer once I get it in the room. I love it so much. It's a microwave cart that my father built for his mother 30-40 years ago. The legs of it are made from a tree from his step-dad's farm and the surfaces came from the lanes from a bowling alley in the town I was born in. I'm just going to build a topper for it. I'm using my brother's childhood dresser for the baby's room that I'm going to give a face-lift to. DH's dad is a muffler man and a welder (DH grew up welding too) so they are going to build a crib out of metal for me. They are brilliant and can build anything. I'm in love with the Millbrook crib from Restoration Hardware (but who can afford that) so they are going to build me something along those lines. I want to give them creative licensing for it though so just something similar. DH's grandfather built all the furniture in his house (family full of talented people) so he is going to build a bookshelf for baby's room that will mount on the wall and not sit on the floor (away from baby's reach for a while). I have made a quilt for the wall and I did a DIY lamp. At some point I'll post the pictures. I'm working on sewing a curtain now. I want most of the things in the nursery to be made by family. I think it will make it really special.

We haven't started a registry yet, but will do that soon. I'm almost afraid to buy anything since I know we will be getting so much from people. A girlfriend of mine just had her second child, a boy. He will be about 6 months older than ours and she has already promised to let us have all his old clothes. She said they got so much clothes from people that he probably won't even be able to wear it all so we really don't even need to buy clothes at all! We will probably start hitting up yard sales for things like baby swings and more expensive nicer things.

I read something the other day that said that I shouldn't even bother with newborn diapers. Apparently even the hospitals start at size 1. Supposedly the newborn diapers aren't quite as reliable as the others. Just a tip I saw.

Sorry for the long entry! Hope everyone is well!

User Image

scoobyfanatic56

Reply by Bumpin4Baby » Mar. 19, 2015 4:34pm

scooby: It sounds like the nursery will be great!! I can't wait to see some pics of it. You are lucky to be surrounded by talented family to make these things for you. Looks like you guys are almost all set for baby! We still have so much to do. We have the walls painted now, but still have to pick out decor. It will get done.. eventually, lol! Happy 16 weeks!

Bumpin4Baby

Reply by awebste » Mar. 19, 2015 6:28pm

im kicking around - just super busy too!

17 weeks tomorrow! And like scooby, our little bean has made him/herself known as well this past week! Didn't think it would happen so soon either - and for awhile I was convinced I was just dreaming and it was gas or something. But one night I was using the doppler and baby literally moved around right when I was going to search for the HB - that's when i knew the flutters and bubbles were the babe! so exciting! DH has tried to rest his hand on belly when we are watching tv or something - but I think feeling externally will be awhile yet.

no test results back yet - I am working under the impression that no news is good news. we are scheduled for our 18-20 weeks ultrasound on March 31st - I will be 18 weeks 4 days......and then a follow up doc appt on April 8 - so I would assume at that doc appt I will be getting the results of my ultrasound and my ips. I would assume my doc would call me if there is anything alarming that came up on the ips test - he has made house calls to me before - so I would think this would be protocol again. Also, I was thinking that he would probably call me if the results indicated an issue as well sooner rather than later - in order to start more testing if we were interested in that. Maybe I am just trying to talk myself into believing that everything is OK - but I really do think they would call if there was a problem at this point. Or maybe simply - the results aren't in yet.....who knows! Either way - I know everything will work out......just gotta keep believing! :)

our nursery is slowly slowly coming along - we have a lot of cleaning up to do before we really start going with the baby stuff. My DH is a surgeon, and that baby's room is was previously his office....YIKES! piles and piles of medical journals, med school binders, textbooks, anything and everything. So his job on the weekends is to sort through his crap - and either purge or organize. Its going pretty well so far - we managed to get the closet almost completely cleaned out and this weekend we are tackling two large book shelves. We plan to paint sometime in April and then likely in May put the crib up.

7 more working days until u/s!! woohoo!

awebste

Reply by scoobyfanatic56 » Mar. 20, 2015 1:07pm

aweb - I'm betting they haven't gotten the results back yet. Surely they wouldn't sit on that information if they had it, especially knowing that us pregos can be pretty crazy waiting for results!

So glad you were able to feel your little one! My DH is getting really impatient about wanting to feel ours too. It feels a bit unfair that I get to feel him and DH can't yet, but it won't be too long. I think 20 weeks is supposed to be the earliest that it can be felt on the outside.

Sounds like your office was a catch-all! That's what our room was too. We spent an entire day just moving stuff out of the room so we could get it painted. There are actually still a few things in the closet (oops) that we have to get cleaned out.

Bumpin - Thanks! How is your little one coming along? How are you feeling?

Y'all, my DH's step mom is out of control. We have this place called "Kid's Market" that is open for two weeks twice a year and it's like a huge yard sale. Thousands of outfits and toys and books. Well, I wanted to go this weekend when I had the time, but she could not wait, haha. Anyway, she took her mother and they came home with all this. Hopefully you can see the pictures. I tried to make them small so it wouldn't do weird things to the page. The second picture is my favorite outfit. She also bought me a bunch of baby books because I told her I wanted to read to my little one every night. We are pretty much set on baby clothes!

Never mind - it won't let me attach the pictures. CMP is now accusing me of being a spammer and they are now investigating my account. Sigh. Anyway, she bought us like 30 outfits, haha.

User Image

scoobyfanatic56

Reply by Bumpin4Baby » Mar. 20, 2015 6:54pm

Scooby: You little spammer, you! LOL. Sounds like you and aweb are on the ball with getting things done! We just finished painting the nursery last weekend.. Everything is going great! I have 2 weeks left until my next appointment, then it will be every 2 weeks that I will have to go after that! Can't believe that I am already to that point! EEEKKK!

Exciting that you girls are feeling the baby move! I was about 23 weeks when I first noticed movement on the outside, but I do have a little extra padding! LOL.

Bumpin4Baby

Reply by Mrs.Mom » Mar. 23, 2015 3:44pm

Yikes, I'm really far behind!

Scooby - I hope you hear back soon, I know the waiting is terrible!

Sounds like everyone is doing well getting their nursery ready. I am doing grey as well! I haven't decided on accent colour but yellow is appealing! We'll be reusing everything from DD's nursery. The crib/change table are dark wood and the dresser is a creamy colour.

So great to hear you guys are getting things from friends! We had to buy most of our stuff although because we had the first grandbaby for BOTH sides, we did get a lot of the large items as gifts. We pretty well have everything from first time around except a breast pump. That could be a pricey item for us to buy this time around, but I really hope to be able to pump. Breastfeeding didn't go well for me first time around. Mainly due to my inexperience and lack of support. My milk didn't come in until day 6 either which is not normal. I also had terrible bleeding from my breasts. Poor baby got more blood than anything so after a long hard week of trying I gave up. It was devastating so I am sure this time around it will work out with the knowledge I have.

My due date got moved up by one day so Sept. 1 now! I'm 17 weeks tomorrow and haven't felt a thing yet :) Next u/s is set for Apr. 6th! Can't wait!!

Mrs.Mom

Reply by awebste » Mar. 27, 2015 1:53pm

hit 18 weeks today!

1 more working day (after today's complete) before u/s on tuesday!! hoping everything turns out ok and that baby is doing well!

hope you ladies are well!

awebste

Reply by Bumpin4Baby » Mar. 27, 2015 2:20pm

WHOO-HOO, Aweb!!! Almost halfway there already!! I am sure that everything will be fine, no worries. :0)

Bumpin4Baby

Reply by scoobyfanatic56 » Mar. 28, 2015 3:10pm

Hello ladies! How is everyone doing? Nothing new to report here except that I haven't had any new bleeding in almost 3 weeks (knock on wood).

I do have a funny story though! First a little background: I have itty bitty tiny breasts. Like barely an A cup. Well, these days my cups runneth over. DH and I were in bed the other night and I was sleeping pretty soundly. DH woke up (half awake, half asleep) and reached over to pull me closer and he went to grab a boob and immediately started freaking out and sweating. He thought some random person was in our bed for about 2 minutes because my boobs didn't feel like normal, haha. Once he kind of woke up more he remembered that it was me and I'm a bit more blessed in that department these days, haha.

No crazy random people trying to touch me just yet (although I do have a wedding shower for a friend of mine this afternoon so that might change), but I have definitely popped out for sure! I have a fairly shallow belly button so it's already spread out quite a bit and threatening to be flat with my stomach. DH thinks it's hilarious. Jerk, haha.

I met a girl the other day who has three sons (aged 3, 2, and 9 months) and she and her husband decided to have one more (4 was always their max) and she ended up conceiving TRIPLETS naturally! She just found out that they are two boys and one girl. At least she got her girl, but man is that little one going to have a hard time dating when she is older with 5 brothers so close in age!

User Image

scoobyfanatic56

Reply by Bumpin4Baby » Mar. 30, 2015 3:10pm

Scooby: That is hilarious! I have always been blessed in the booby department. They are so big now that it is just annoying.. lol.

People are always touching my belly and making comments about how huge I have gotten... I have gained 10 lbs so far and I am 26 weeks. I really don't feel like that is a lot.

Oh my.. triplets?? I could not imagine..

Bumpin4Baby

Reply by idk3333 » Mar. 30, 2015 4:03pm

Hi ladies! I figured I'd stalk you guys and see how you're doing.

Aweb and Scooby, I can't believe you guys are already almost halfway there! I can't wait to find out what you're having!

Bumpin, you're getting so close! And only 10 pounds gained? Wow! What are you doing?

idk3333

Reply by awebste » Mar. 30, 2015 4:23pm

makes me SOOOO happy when I see people that went through the journey on ctp come over to cmp!!!

idk: stalk away! the more the merrier! :) how are you feeling???

I am gearing up for my u/s appt tomorrow - I am excited and nervous. My husband is on elective in Toronto and hadn't planned on being able to come to the appointment - but surprised me last night when he told me he was coming home tonight to be with me tomorrow!! :) :) So my mom, sister and husband will all be joining me tomorrow to hopefully witness a healthy little babe wiggling around in there.

for us - we won't be finding out the gender until birth - so we have a bit of time yet to wait! we all have our theories tho.......some think its a girl.....some a boy........someone will be right! :)

our next big thing to do is get the nursery painted in the month of april - so that's something to look forward too as well! :)

awebste

Reply by awebste » Mar. 30, 2015 4:25pm

and....omg triplets LOL i couldn't imagine either! wowza!

awebste

Reply by awebste » Mar. 31, 2015 2:39pm

back from u/s - uploaded 2 new pics! resisted the split second urge to find out gender! lol

follow up doc appt on april 8 to get u/s report - i know the techs can't tell you anything so just praying everything is OK with our little one. beanie babe measured 1 day ahead!

awebste

Reply by Bumpin4Baby » Mar. 31, 2015 2:56pm

idk: YES! Stalk away. I am on a few boards actually. I like to stalk all my CTP friends! I am on April (My first due date), July (my due date now), September and October. October isn't very active. Feel free to join any of those bc I can guarantee you will love the girls and probably recognize some of them.

I am not doing anything in particular other than just trying not to over eat. I am nervous to step on the scale when I go back in two weeks.. I have 13 1/2 weeks or less until the big day and trying to keep from looking like an over grown whale. LOL.

Aweb: So glad that your hubby got to join in too! It is such a special moment that he would've regreted to miss! Can't believe you didn't give in on finding out the gender! **WILL POWER**. I will go and look at the u/s now.

Bumpin4Baby

Reply by idk3333 » Mar. 31, 2015 3:33pm

Awebste, Awwwww! I love getting to see the little babies! And I'm with Bumpin, that is some serious willpower for not finding out the gender! One day when I grow up I'm going to be just as patient as you! That sucks that you have to wait so long for the results though. At my OBs office the u/s is in the office and they schedule it so you have your OB appt the same day. I haven't had time to read back very far, is there something in particular you're concerned about?

idk3333

Reply by awebste » Mar. 31, 2015 3:37pm

no I'm just a crazy person LOL i just worry a lot....i had a miscarriage in september and it just changes you as a person. i think i was naive before we started trying to get pregnant - i didn't understand all the things that could/might happen. now that i am pregnant again i think sometimes i am just overkill on the worry.

my nuchal measurement was low and there hasn't been any indication that anything is wrong.....just a big worry wart! lol

the guesses on the gender from my fam are now flooding in....so funny - they all think they are right! lol

awebste