Pregnancy Discussion Forum

Recent Forum Activity
Forum Categories
Start a New Topic Hide Signatures

Anxious for 12 week appointment

Category: Trimesters - First Trimester
Posted by KellyB104 » Sep. 19, 2011 5:53pm

Tomorrow I have my 12 week appointment to do the N/T scan and bloodwork. I am so anxious since I have not had a sono since 7 weeks.

I have had friends who have their 12 week appointment go wrong and end in bad news.....trying to stay busy today.

Anyone else feel like this in the long wait to a sono?

KellyB104

Replies (3)

Reply by MrsBrower » Sep. 19, 2011 6:46pm

One of the only good things about being high risk is that I got a LOT of sonograms, and my 12 week was like, #6. BUT, since then I've actually had to wait! (No problems, THANK GOD.) but it is a little nerve wracking. I go in next week for a check up and another scan, and then two weeks after that for gender. But I'm nervous in the interim none the less, though I've felt them move almost daily for the past week (Future MMA fighters, I'm convinced...) so that helps, but there is nothing like seeing them move on the screen and hearing/ seeing the heartbeat!!!!

Best of luck, I'm sure everything will be fine! And it's so exciting, you'll be seeing so much more than at 7 weeks. They actually look like babies and not aliens or blobs. ;)

MrsBrower

Reply by yasminesa » Sep. 20, 2011 9:41am

I'm with you kelly, my last u/s was at 8w5d and I have my 12wk nt scan on friday and I am petrified that the baby wont be fine. I too have had friends go in happy and come out with a sad result at a 12w scan but its out of our control and thats what I hate.

I think 4 weeks is too long for something to have happened and not know about it.

with your u/s.

One gorgeous daughter, Baby #2 (my little surprise) on the way xXx Yasmine

User Image

yasminesa

Reply by KellyB104 » Sep. 23, 2011 2:06pm

I had my 12 week scan on Tueday :-) Took a while to get the baby moving into the exact position she needed for the NT scan to get the appropriate measurements, but finally we got it!!! Before that arms were all over, legs were flying...haha!! Heard the heartbeat through the u/s too going strong at 167. All measurements looked perfect too.

Def. was not happy though when i met with the doc afterwards. She tried to use her pocket doppler machine and never found the heart beat. UGH. Said it could be the position, etc....but still. :-(

My doctor offers a 16 week optional gender scan....since insurance doesn't cover until 20 weeks. We have our big reveal all ready to go for October 20th.

GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR APPOINTMENT TODAY!

KellyB104