Pregnancy Discussion Forum

Recent Forum Activity
Forum Categories
Start a New Topic Hide Signatures

Pregnant after having a baby with CHD

Category: Special - Pregnant After a Loss
Posted by AngelMommy613 » Jan. 9, 2013 6:00pm

Well I am pregnant with #4 my 2nd child my son was born with 3 heart defects or CHD he passed away in Aug 2011 he was born on June 13 2011. We got pregnant with Brooklynn soon after she is a healthy little girl. Because of having a child that was born with CHD I spend the first 20-22 weeks scared and nervous that we could be faced with that again. If anyone is having a baby with a heart defect I am open to questions CHD affect 1 in 100 births so not rare at all. I will be having a fetal echo between 20-22 weeks so hoping for a healthy baby

AngelMommy613

Replies (1)

Reply by Michellephant » Apr. 16, 2013 3:05pm

Hi,

My first baby Poppy was diagnosed with a heart defect (AVSD) at my 20 week anomaly scan and subsequently Down's Syndrome. We were advised to end the pregnancy and after researching the conditions that is what we agreed to do.

I've just found out that I am pregnant after 4 cycles of TTC and I am terrified that it will happen again. I'm in the UK so the Harmony test for DS isn't available on our free health service but I'm going to pay to have it done privately at 10 weeks. I'm so frightened though.

Michelle x

Michellephant