Pregnancy Discussion Forum

Recent Forum Activity
Forum Categories
Start a New Topic Hide Signatures

4 Weeks Pregnant and Terrified

Category: Special - Pregnant After a Loss
Posted by CristyH » Jan. 1, 2016 12:10pm

Hi everyone I'm currently 4 weeks pregnant after a missed miscarriage in May 2015. I had no idea anything was wrong until my 12 week scan and those dreaded words "there is no heartbeat". I had to have 2 d&c's and bled for almost 3 months before it finally resolved. I'm so scared to go though all that again but I know my body can do it as I have a 3 year old son. I just have no idea how to stop worrying, hubby and I have decided to pay for a private scan at 8 weeks so if anything has gone wrong I'll know earlier than the standard 12 week scan. I just hope I can keep calm until then, any advise?

CristyH

Replies (6)

Reply by AuburnMama » Jan. 1, 2016 2:41pm

Hey Cristy. I'm so sorry for your loss. I also had a miscarriage/d&c in July at 8 wks. I'm currently 6w3d and going in for my first apt and scan next Friday, about the same time I realized something was wrong with my last pregnancy. I'm like you, I have a 3 yo son, so I know I can have a baby. But is still a little scary. I know I'll be a nervous wreck that morning before the scan.

I'm just trying to stay optimistic as possible, although I haven't let our parents know yet this time. Hugs and good thoughts to you! When it's your first appt?

AuburnMama

Reply by Amanda_McDaniel » Jan. 1, 2016 3:12pm

Hi, Christy, happy New Year! I hope, despite your concerns, you enjoyed your holidays. Personally, I have never experienced a miscarriage (*Knock on wood*) but I have still worried myself silly with this, my second, pregnancy. Everything from a lack of symptoms in the beginning to whether she's moving enough or too much now. Sadly, I don't think there's anything you can do to stop worrying. Just take care of yourself in hopes of taking it all the way. I hope it all works out.

User Image

User Image

Amanda_McDaniel

Reply by CristyH » Jan. 1, 2016 4:24pm

Thank you for your replies ladies, I'm trying my best not to worry. Hi Auburnmama it's nice to talk to someone in the same situation, I'm in the UK and here you don't see anyone until your 12 week scan but given my history I'm going to ask to be scanned earlier. If they don't agree them I'm going to pay for an early scan privately at 8 weeks just to put my mind at ease. I really hope your appointment goes well ill be keeping going my fingers crossed for you please let me know how it goes feel free to add me if you'd like to stay in touch xxx

User Image

CristyH

Reply by AuburnMama » Jan. 2, 2016 3:59pm

I don't blame you for wanting an 8wk scan at all. My doctor is pretty awesome, so even if this one goes well, I think I can ask him for one at 12 as well, just for mental ease.

I still feel pregnant, although I have no morning sickness, but I never had it with my son. I do feel nauseous at times, but this beginning with the no "evidence " other than a few symptoms is the hardest. I find myself wanting to take another pregnancy test, although I have no idea what it will really prove lol thank god for sore boobs and fatigue...and a craving for avocados.

AuburnMama

Reply by CristyH » Jan. 2, 2016 6:06pm

I know what you mean, it feels weird to be looking forward to morning sickness at least then I'll know things are okay. With my son I had it bad I until 14 weeks but with the last it eased off at 9 weeks so I guess I should have realised something was wrong. I'm excited for you to have your scan then you'll be able to relax a little. Please let me know how you get on and I'm here if you need someone to talk to in the mean time xxx

User Image

CristyH

Reply by AuburnMama » Jan. 2, 2016 11:20pm

Same here! If you need me or someone to vent to, I'm all ears.

AuburnMama