Pregnancy Discussion Forum

Recent Forum Activity
Forum Categories
Start a New Topic Hide Signatures

* Holiday (Oct-Dec) 2018 Babies *

Category: Due Date Clubs - December
Posted by calvingirl » Apr. 23, 2018 2:59pm

Hi, I'm Calvingirl - I'm 42, have one living child (ha!) who is 21 now, and four stepkids who I love. They are almost all teens though, so drive me a bit crazy sometimes.

I just found out I'm 4 wks pregnant again after TTC for several years. I found out really early and my HCG levels are great, so I came over from the CTP site. In 2015, I connected with a number of wonderful women who helped me through this process, and I'd love to have that again because this time will be even harder. I'm a loss mom you see, and my son was stillborn last time, and I couldn't have gotten through it without this site.

So, if you have a due date around the fall/winter of 2018, tell your story and let's help each other get through the joys and aches of pregnancy :)

New Little One is my Christmas Present this year!
User Image
Oscar William, born June 15, 2015

calvingirl

Replies (31)

Reply by Kelliria » Apr. 23, 2018 4:45pm

I found it! Took a sec because I am potty training at the same time and we had to stop for a break. Luckily, she potty trained herself in the last month, about the time i found out. Glad i could find you and ill stay here most of the tine now. Ill check in to CTP but on occassion.

Kelliria

Reply by BB2018 » Apr. 23, 2018 5:25pm

Found it :) hey girls heyyyyyyyyyy!

I have had such awful insomnia the past 3 nights! Like BAD! I haven't even had coffee today because I'm scare that'll make it even worse! I never had this my other two times I was pregnant. Not fun! I'll be 4 weeks tomorrow - I hope I don't have this my entire pregnancy! I am feeling wicked nauseous too :( Almost tossed my cookies but then ate some potatoes and then felt okay. Now I'm starting to feel nauseous again - gonna eat and hopefully that helps! I'm thinking happy, positive thoughts for you for your u/s on Friday! Everything will be okay! You're going to see your little bean!!!!

I called my doctors office today and I'm going for bloodwork to check my HCG & progesterone levels tomorrow then again on Thursday! I am hoping my numbers will at least double! Praying so hard that this is it, this time I get to take this baby home with us!!!!

When is everyones due date? My EDD for now is 12-30-18! I'm hoping I'll have baby before Christmas! Wouldn't that be a miracle!!! Trying to think of cute ways to announce it, I'll be 13 weeks on June 20th ... so maybe announce on July 4th? Have any of you thought how you'll announce yours?

BB2018

Reply by Winnie91 » Apr. 23, 2018 7:50pm

hey ladies I found it :)

Winnie91

Reply by calvingirl » Apr. 23, 2018 9:07pm

Welcome ladies! So glad you found me!!

BB - I just had my first beta and I'll find out tomorrow what it is...very nervous and hope it's nice and high. I want TWINS!

My EDD by EVERY calculator on the internet is January 1, 2019, but for some reason the b*tch nurse told me it was January 2nd, and that just hurts my OCD. It doesn't even matter because protocol for "advanced maternal age" with a history of a stillborn is to be induced a week early anyway, so I mentally flipped her off.

I get really cranky when pregnant lol. My DH is a saint.

calvingirl

Reply by Bubbynumber2 » Apr. 23, 2018 11:42pm

Hey Ladies! I found you! I changed my name on this site because tryingafterloss didn’t feel right now that bubbynumber2 is happening! I’ve been on this site awhile but noticed the community wasn’t as chatty as the other sites is. And I didn’t want to lose contact with you girls! X. So glad you created this forum @calvingirl.

Bubbynumber2

Reply by SheRiskers » Apr. 24, 2018 1:01am

Here I am!

SheRiskers

Reply by BB2018 » Apr. 24, 2018 1:47am

Omg calvingirl, it’s like we are the same person LOL. I have OCD and that would’ve drove me nuts!! My EDD is diff on everything I feel like. And I would LOVE twins as well and they run in my family! My dad has twin brothers and my grandmother (my dad’s mom) had twin brothers... maybe I have a chance?!

BB2018

Reply by calvingirl » Apr. 24, 2018 2:25am

Welcome girls! I've gone to each of your profiles and hit "Follow" so then when I click on "My Follow List", it'll show me just the people I interact with. Just for the people who haven't been on this site before. CTP never had this feature and I always liked it. Now CTP has "friends".

Well you all are my friends. SO I will cyber stalk you on here and be able to comment if you put in a journal entry or post a new bump photo (I can't wait for my bump!!)

Just this month I had bought a box of 50 wondfro internet pregnancy strip tests, so I've been taking one in the morning, one in the afternoon, and one before bed and seeing if there generally was a darkening. Tonight (13dpo) was the first time the test line was the same shade as the control - so awesome. I've been drinking water too, like a good girl!

What are you ladies taking vitamin-wise? I'm still taking my prenatal, my vitamins d and e, a baby aspirin and extra folic acid - but I'm running out of some of them and I have to decide if I should reorder or not. What do you take and does it make you nauseous? I've heard vitamin D can actually help morning sickness...

calvingirl

Reply by BB2018 » Apr. 24, 2018 3:30pm

I am now following everyone who has commented here as well :)

I dislike that you can't share pictures in the discussion :( I wanted to share a pic of my progression, maybe there is a way to post it to my page... I have to figure this site out! Anyway - my test line is darker than my control line now :) woo hoo!!!!!

Hope all you ladies are having a fabulous day!!

BB2018

Reply by Kelliria » Apr. 24, 2018 4:51pm

Hi, ladies! How are you all doing today? I am slightly crampy and tired. Headache. Welcome to the 1st trimester! I take a b complex. B6 is supposed to help with mausea, the extra folic acid is great and my dr told me i could continue taking it. I take a lot of things. I actually am going to ask for progesterone cream so i can stop the maca and baby asprin. She told me ince before she would prescribe it. The maca taste is starting to get to me. I also take co q10 and prenatal. My dr approved everything. I'll check back in later. Ruthie just went down for her nap and i am starving so gonna try to eat. I usually cant as soon as i smell it.

User ImageUser Image

Kelliria

Reply by BB2018 » Apr. 24, 2018 6:28pm

I finally made a ticker so I'm testing it out with this comment... I hope it works lol.

Can't wait to meet my rainbow baby! #teampink

User Image

BB2018

Reply by calvingirl » Apr. 24, 2018 7:50pm

You have to copy the one that is for BBCode I think. The [url] one.

calvingirl

Reply by Bubbynumber2 » Apr. 25, 2018 5:38am

How do you make a ticker? I’m hopeless! Lol

Bubbynumber2

Reply by Bubbynumber2 » Apr. 25, 2018 5:38am

How do you make a ticker? I’m hopeless! Lol

Bubbynumber2

Reply by Bubbynumber2 » Apr. 25, 2018 5:42am

Anyone else suffering from severe fatigue? I feel like sleeping 24/7! Also, the BLOAT!! It’s brutal! Can’t wear my pants and my work scrubs are snug too!! Woke up today and my nipples feel like they’re on fire!! Nausea is not too bad today! I haven’t had to wear my sea bands yet so that’s good.

Bubbynumber2

Reply by Bubbynumber2 » Apr. 25, 2018 5:42am

Anyone else suffering from severe fatigue? I feel like sleeping 24/7! Also, the BLOAT!! It’s brutal! Can’t wear my pants and my work scrubs are snug too!! Woke up today and my nipples feel like they’re on fire!! Nausea is not too bad today! I haven’t had to wear my sea bands yet so that’s good.

Bubbynumber2

Reply by BB2018 » Apr. 25, 2018 1:15pm

@Babynumber2 - omg my bloat is RIDICULOUS - check out my bump pic I posted yesterday - and I'm just 4 weeks now! I hope it goes away - I heard it should and then it comes back. I don't fit in my work pants either :(

What are sea bands? I'm slightly nauseous in the am before breakfast and sometimes before lunch... I think it's a sign like the baby is hangry in there LOL. I'm not so much fatigued, but I cannot sleep - I have insomnia BIGTIME

User Image

BB2018

Reply by BB2018 » Apr. 25, 2018 1:32pm

Sorry for my numerous posts - but I just got my first bloodwork results back...

HCG is 580 and progesterone is 14.1! I'm exactly 4 weeks today and those are the highest numbers I've ever had! Anyone in here ever have twins? If so, what were your hcg in beginning? I feel like 580 is super high for me - my last 2 pregnancies my first HCG were 136 and 80...

BB2018

Reply by calvingirl » Apr. 25, 2018 2:38pm

Wow BB2018!! You beat me by a long shot and we're only a day apart! I only got 109, and since it was in the 3rd week (13dpo), the average range is 5-75, so I thought mine was respectably high. But yours is awesome! Totally could be twins (I'm going to be so jealous!). Or it could just be a really good singleton and your dates are off - you're more pregnant than you think you are. Or implanted early.

Your progesterone is a bit low - I'd ask about that. Usually for pregnancy, they told me they wanted mine over 20. But every Dr. has a slightly different threshold.

Can't wait to see your second! I'm going in for my second draw today and I'll find out tomorrow what the doubling rate is.
Congrats!!

calvingirl

Reply by BB2018 » Apr. 25, 2018 3:30pm

I'm waiting to hear from the doctor still to setup my first appt with her. I just found my results myself online lol. I thought my progesterone seemed a little low especially since I'm using the cream - I know last time my dr told me it just needs to be over 10, but I would prefer it to be higher for sure!

I'm getting my repeat bloodwork done tomorrow - I can't wait to see what both of ours are!!! Fingers crossed and super sticky vibes being sent all around!!

I'm thinking at the rate of my hcg, I'll be at 2,000 by the end of weekend and I know it just needs to be at 2,000 for them to do u/s - at least where I am that's what they go by - so hopefully I can get in for u/s next week! Things are starting to feel super real super fast!! EEEEEK!

User Image

BB2018